Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SontaranStratagem
02 Sep 20 00:56
| Topic/replies: 29,214 | Blogger: SontaranStratagem's blog
I've always considered this league our most entertaining so it'll be nice to start a proper thread on it

Stoke at 12s for the title my first bet on it this season, hopefully throughout the season I can look to land some overs in individual games and also to get involved in games on every match day

Come on Forest!!!
Pause Switch to Standard View The Championship Thread 2020/21
Show More
Report madhatter March 16, 2021 9:05 PM GMT
We are playing some good stuff at the moment....looked good on Saturday (but lost!) and looked very good tonight.
Some excellent one touch stuff, admittedly against 10 men in the second half, but we are entertaining to watch.
If we had a playing surface that wasn't like a Sunday morning park pitch pile of sh1te then i think we'd look even better.
Adebayo was a great find by our management.
Once again though Keiran Dewsbury-Hall was outstanding...i'd love to think that Leicester would let us buy him before next season.
Report SontaranStratagem March 16, 2021 9:11 PM GMT
Norwich are practically up now as well so good business on their part

Derby battled back, Brentford wobbling again?
Report SontaranStratagem March 17, 2021 7:56 PM GMT
Norwich head and shoulders above the rest with Watford pretty much finding form at the end despite sacking more managers than I've had hot dinners

Closed shop sadly Sad the parachute payments are just to big to compete against nowadays, when Watford can behave how they do and still coast autos its time to admit its done. If Bournemouth win the playoffs then its just another boring season of yo yos ffs. WBA and Fulham will probably do the same next season as well (If Fulham go down)
Report SontaranStratagem March 17, 2021 9:59 PM GMT
Top 6 update

1 Norwich 82 pts
2 Watford 72
3 Swansea 69
4 Brentford 67
5 Barnsley 64 (on a run and a half, could yet sneak top 2 Crazy)
6 Reading 61

Bottom 6

19 Derby 40
20 Coventry 38
21 Birmingham 38
22 Rotherham 32 (do have 4 games in hand but are caped in the flu CrazyCrazy)
23 Sheff Weds 29
24 Wycombe 26

It is looking like Sheff Weds and Rotherham joining Wycombe
Report clacton March 18, 2021 4:26 PM GMT
SS, Brentford have been wobbling for all the 75+ years I have been supporting them. They were shambolic in the 2nd half at Derby.
Another two points thrown away.
It makes no difference who the management or players are, we f**k up every time. Watford will go up with Norwich and we will get beat in the play-offs as usual. I feel sorry for Matthew Benham,the owner who has put a lot of money into the club.
Report SontaranStratagem March 20, 2021 1:56 PM GMT
Bottling top 2 for sure
Report clacton March 20, 2021 3:45 PM GMT
We are not good enough. Forest matched us all over the pitch.
Report SontaranStratagem March 20, 2021 3:53 PM GMT
It was a good performance from us, solid but still lacking up front

Just get safe and then regroup in the summer
Report SontaranStratagem March 20, 2021 6:26 PM GMT
Just put £20 on Derby to be relegated at 11/2, longish shot but they can't score and their run is quite tough
Report SontaranStratagem March 20, 2021 6:27 PM GMT
Might top it up before the end of the international break, with easter coming and games come thick and fast

Birmingham, Coventry, Rotherham (4 games in hand), Derby and ourselves all in there at the moment

Sheff Weds could still go on a run as well
Report SontaranStratagem April 2, 2021 10:06 PM BST
Swansea have fallen to pieces lately, Norwich and Watford it is then
Report Analyst April 3, 2021 2:59 PM BST
Norwich and Watford have almost got the automatic places.

I would still make Brentford favs for the Play Off promotion place.

The relegated Premier teams have a very big advantage.
Report SontaranStratagem April 5, 2021 3:49 PM BST
Yeah the relegated sides will pretty go back up next season, Sheff U might struggle but they'll be pushing for playoffs

We're winning 1-0 Happy
Report SontaranStratagem April 5, 2021 6:57 PM BST
Swansea completely gone now might not even make top 6

Brentford only side that can catch Watford now

Barnsley could well make it at this rate as well, they could be 3rd by next week which is crazy to think after last season

My Derby relegation bet is gathering steam, got £90 on them so far at average odds of 11/2, will stick another £20 on it tomorrow and then see where it is after the next round of games, they have injuries and a lot of youngsters playing who don't seem to have much belief.
Report Richie_Burnett April 5, 2021 11:58 PM BST
Good result for Cardiff today; losing 5-0 against a team in the relegation zoneLaugh
Report SontaranStratagem April 7, 2021 2:34 PM BST
Norwich hit 7 last night, pretty much mathematically certain now

Watford will join them in 2 weeks which makes it pretty evident the gulf in finances from the relegated sides to the rest, Watford are a basket case club that hire and fire half a bus of managers every season and still go up comfortably with 90 points

Bournemouth despite their mess of a season are still likely to finish top 4 even 3rd and coming into form at the perfect time for the playoffs, if they manage it its basically a closed shop now, might as well have the prem cut off and make the Championship our main league
Report The Dragon April 7, 2021 2:59 PM BST
yes the implosion of brentford and swansea have made the end of season much more of an anti climax than it would have been
Report Richie_Burnett April 8, 2021 2:16 AM BST
No point putting a transfer embargo on Cardiff - nobody would want to join those jokers anywayLaugh
Report SontaranStratagem April 9, 2021 12:51 PM BST
Cardiff looked much better under Mick, they'll lose their better players in the summer for sure

Harry Wilson will go to another club (He's not that good anyway personally)
Kieffer Moore a move to the prem?
Report Richie_Burnett April 9, 2021 4:01 PM BST
Still a **** long ball/set piece team. Trying to sign some guy from Accrington or re-sign Cameron JeromeCrazy
Report SontaranStratagem April 9, 2021 9:54 PM BST
Basically the parachute payments have gone and its now cheap bin for them

Same with Derby who are playing a team for of academy lads and freebies like Kazim Richards, there's no competing with the relegated sides now sadly
Report madhatter April 10, 2021 10:29 PM BST
Hey Sont!Happy

I just read that we set a new league record this afternoon....and a surprisingly good one!Surprised

NO-ONE in any of the four top divisions had ever gone 14 consecutive away games against the same team without defeat...until today's 3-1 victory at Wycombe!GrinGrinGrinLaughLaughLaugh
Report Richie_Burnett April 10, 2021 10:49 PM BST

Apr 9, 2021 -- 3:54PM, SontaranStratagem wrote:

Basically the parachute payments have gone and its now cheap bin for them Same with Derby who are playing a team for of academy lads and freebies like Kazim Richards, there's no competing with the relegated sides now sadly

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LisOkVePLxA

Report SontaranStratagem April 11, 2021 1:15 PM BST

Apr 10, 2021 -- 4:29PM, madhatter wrote:

Hey Sont!I just read that we set a new league record this afternoon....and a surprisingly good one!NO-ONE in any of the four top divisions had ever gone 14 consecutive away games against the same team without defeat...until today's 3-1 victory at Wycombe!

Good record to have Cool

Report SontaranStratagem April 13, 2021 9:16 PM BST
Derby slowly being dragged right into it

Another £30 when the market reopens, that's £130 on so far to win what will probably be (after the 30 is on) £700 odd so far

Big weekend coming up ExcitedExcitedExcited
Report SontaranStratagem April 13, 2021 10:22 PM BST
autos are done and dusted and the 4 playoff places pretty much also with Swansea, Brentford, Bournemouth and Barnsley the 4

19 Huddersfield 44
20 Derby 43
21 Coventry 42 (played 40 game in hand)
22 Rotherham 39 (played 38 3 games in hand)
23 Sheff Weds 35
24 Wycombe 33

Wycombe gone, Sheff Weds has good as, but with Rotherham having 3 games in hand they are now my faves to stay up, with Huddersfield, Derby and Coventry for the final spot, Birmingham on 45 points so maybe they are still involved but less likely now with enough teams below them

IF Coventry win on Thursday it puts Derby 4th bottom with no room for error, Rotherham would still have two games in hand over them being 4 points behind

Derby don't score goals and haven't looked up for the fight recently
Report SontaranStratagem April 15, 2021 6:03 PM BST
Not sure what I wanna see tonight from my Derby relegation bet perspective

Coventry win then Derby go 4th bottom but Rotherham are 4 points back with 2 in hand

A draw would be decent, Rotherhams better GD would mean winning 1 of the 2 in hand puts Derby smack bang level with bottom 3

Of course Rotherham win and they are only 1 point above Coventry who would drop into the bottom 3 with 5 to play
Report SontaranStratagem April 15, 2021 8:58 PM BST
0-1 Coventry

It puts Derby 4th bottom but 4 points above Rotherham who have 2 games in hand

Not entirely bad as there's no one left to save them from the bottom 3 as it stands, they need to win tomorrow in my opinion
Report SontaranStratagem April 16, 2021 6:06 PM BST
Blackburn Derby big game
Report SontaranStratagem April 16, 2021 6:28 PM BST
0-1

Derby win this its probably game over for the relegation bet Sad
Report SontaranStratagem April 16, 2021 6:45 PM BST
1-1
Report SontaranStratagem April 16, 2021 7:27 PM BST
2-1

Derby are down WinkExcited
Report SontaranStratagem April 16, 2021 7:28 PM BST
They carry on and lose this another £100 is going on
Report SontaranStratagem April 16, 2021 7:49 PM BST
I do feel sorry for Derby fans who have had to watch their club sabotaged from within mind

No one is telling me its not been on purpose this, you simply can't be that incompetent for that amount of time in getting them to the brink of dropping into league 1, its been done deliberately Plain

Back in 2015 they owned their own stadium, had a healthy wage budget, a good squad with money to spend, they were envied almost

They no longer own their stadium its been sold on the sly, they have debts piling up, a thin squad packed full of useless academy players, they've sold a s*it ton of players as well not just bought them... sorry but you've been had Derby, another businessman has stitched up another great club
Report SontaranStratagem April 16, 2021 8:03 PM BST
2-1 FT

Derby do look done for

That's a Blackburn side that's not won for god knows how long
Report icantbelieveyousaidthat April 17, 2021 12:18 AM BST
Derby are struggling although they may have been a tad unlucky not to get a point against Norwich last week.

They are all big games from now but Preston away, Birmingham at home, Swansea away and Sheffield Wednesday at home to finish. For your bet you need a defeat at Preston and Sheffield Wednesday to put in some big performances for Darren Moore to give themselves a fighting chance on the last day of the season.
Report SontaranStratagem April 17, 2021 12:34 AM BST
I need Derby to basically not win another game including tonights game which they lost

There's no way Rotherham win 4 games so it relies on them winning one of the next two and then its down to that final game in hand being 1 point behind

Could have done with Sheff Weds being closer to them as well really, its down to Rotherham, although they've pulled it off before under Warnock?
Report madhatter April 17, 2021 1:13 PM BST
We are all over Watford for the first 30 mins. This is as good as we've played all season. Still 0 - 0 though.
Report SontaranStratagem April 17, 2021 1:29 PM BST
Watford as good as up but would be decent if they dropped points and Brentford won just to make it half interesting

Sheff Weds and Huddersfield winning is bad for Derby
Report SontaranStratagem April 17, 2021 1:47 PM BST
Wycombe winning 0-2 Mischief

Derby could still finish bottom yet
Report madhatter April 17, 2021 2:32 PM BST
1 - 0 Excellent performance throughout the 90 mins
Report SontaranStratagem April 17, 2021 2:34 PM BST
Swansea got it back to draw

Sheff Weds conceded late on to draw

That's Wycombe and Sheff Weds both gone leaving 1 place, its going to be fun to see who drops in to it Cool

Norwich are officially promoted back to the premier league so well done to them, however boring they deserve it so fair play

Watford should join them but Luton delay that at least so nice one madhatter Cool
Report SontaranStratagem April 18, 2021 1:28 PM BST
A draw here would see Rotherham within 3 point with 2 games in hand, better goal difference so 1 win from them and Derby drop in to the bottom 3

Rotherham have the belief in my opinion and should be winning this
Report bigmo April 18, 2021 5:03 PM BST
PUSB. Almost safe now. Having said that I feel sorry for Paul Warne as he comes across as a really nice decent guy.
Report SontaranStratagem April 19, 2021 7:37 PM BST
Relegation market might have to be scrapped ?
Report SontaranStratagem April 20, 2021 7:20 PM BST
Derby 1 down

Derby ain't picking up another point this season so Rotherham just need a win and a draw to relegate them
Report SontaranStratagem April 20, 2021 7:21 PM BST
No fight, no desire and managed by a bloke who can't string a sentence together its no shock they are going down Laugh
Report SontaranStratagem April 20, 2021 7:26 PM BST
If I were Derby I'd get Rooney in the taxi at HT and get someone in who can fire them up at least

Rooney?.... jesus christ
Report SontaranStratagem April 20, 2021 7:46 PM BST
365 can pay me out now CoolCoolCool

Easy money
Report SontaranStratagem April 20, 2021 8:35 PM BST
2-0

365 can pay up as far as I'm concerned its a done deal

£600 back at the moment, gotta try and get more on ffs
Report SontaranStratagem April 20, 2021 8:50 PM BST
3-0

Absolutely pitiful relegation this, probably the worst I've ever seen and our drop to the 3rd tier recently was bad, but this from Derby is something else
Report SontaranStratagem April 20, 2021 8:51 PM BST
Watford all but promoted tonight (not a shock)

Bournemouth to finish 3rd to essentially confirm the financial advantage relegated clubs have
Report bigmo April 20, 2021 9:56 PM BST
I've no wish to see any side relegated this season but Derby is in big trouble.
Report SontaranStratagem April 21, 2021 12:11 AM BST
Looking likely

Cant see where their goal is coming from never mind win

Its never a good sign when a team with nothing to play for is beating you for sheer effort
Report SontaranStratagem April 21, 2021 6:13 PM BST
Rotherham 1 up

Derby are fixed to go down as well as them going down on the pitch Crazy

Boro have turned up with a rag of a team and putting zero effort in... not on at all that its disgraceful
Report SontaranStratagem April 21, 2021 6:35 PM BST
1-1 Rotherham down to 10 Plain
Report SontaranStratagem April 21, 2021 7:32 PM BST
1-2 Boro

Sheff Weds 4 points behind Derby with 3 to play now though

Could be Derby Sheff Weds showdown on the final day?
Report SontaranStratagem April 21, 2021 8:28 PM BST
Derby must be sweating on every Rotherham game now which is quite satisfying in itself

But despite having fight they just don't have the quality Rotherham, it might need Sheff Weds to overtake them which is possible as Derby probably wont win another game this season
Report SontaranStratagem April 24, 2021 3:52 PM BST
Derby winning HT

Rotherham losing, Sheff Weds drawing

It would be funny if it came down to the final game Derby Sheff Weds in a winner take all game Mischief
Report SontaranStratagem April 24, 2021 4:28 PM BST
Brum level

And Derby still can't get anything against nothing to play for sides

They are doing it on purpose but I ain't complaining Laugh
Report SontaranStratagem April 24, 2021 4:32 PM BST
Sheff Weds goal and its 2 points with 2 to play, Derby are as good as gone if that's the case
Report SontaranStratagem April 24, 2021 4:37 PM BST
Boro 2-1 up

Its a fecking pity Derby are being saved by the others ffs
Report SontaranStratagem April 24, 2021 4:42 PM BST
Birmingham now winning Mischief

Derby are fecking terrirble it has to be said, if only Rotherham or Sheff Weds could muster up 2 wins ffs
Report bigmo April 24, 2021 5:17 PM BST
Derby are **** and deserve to go down.
Report SontaranStratagem April 24, 2021 6:55 PM BST
Possibly staying up on a technicality, bigmo

Shameful really and if Rooney is still there next season they're dropping into league 1 for sure, possibly league 2 if relegated this season
Report bigmo April 25, 2021 2:26 PM BST
It seems as if it means survival for  Derby means they will have to beat Sheff Wed on the last day of the season.
Report Angoose April 25, 2021 2:31 PM BST
Derby to get relegated then Rooney to be given the Spurs job.
You heard it here first Excited
Report SontaranStratagem April 25, 2021 8:37 PM BST
Wouldn't surprise me

Woodgate a massive failure at Boro is then parachuted into the Bournemouth job with more money a much better squad ffs

No matter how many times they fail miserably they get given another job a few months later anyway

Football needs something done to it ffs
Report Analyst April 26, 2021 12:34 PM BST
I have laid Brentford @ home to Rotherham. Rotherham were unlucky at Barnsley and Brentford might rest a few players to prepare for the play offs. The problem for Rotherham are the games are piling up.

Ref young fashionable managers - they are getting thrown in the deep end at times without serving an apprenticeship. Woody @ Boro was given the job after being a number 2 for just 1 year. He inherited quite a few problems from Gary Monk and Tony Pulis i.e told to take a big chunk off the wage bill and bring in around £6m of net cash. Hence 3 senior players were sold (Braithwaite (now Barcelona) Flint (Cardiff) Randolph (West Ham), 2 loan Premiership players returned (Hugill and Besic) and 2 senior players released (Downing and Obi Mikel). They were replaced by 3 lowly priced Div 1 players, a free transfer and a few young players from the Youth team.

Derby did well with Frank Lampard, which may have clouded their judgement on Rooney. Rooney was thrown in again without any real experience. The owner at Derby seems to be desperately marketing Derby as a big club (to sell them on to an overseas billionaire) when they are really only top half Championship. He had to buy the stadium for £80m! to balance the books in 2018/19 without which they would not have finished top 6. I guess they look at Leicester and think we can do that.
Report SontaranStratagem April 26, 2021 5:12 PM BST
Good analysis, analyst Happy
Report SontaranStratagem April 26, 2021 11:59 PM BST
Sounds fatal for Derby Cry

They are on the verge apparently, not just administration but bust

Morris has also done a runner, what a piece of s*it he turned out to be eh Derby fans

"uncle mel" Sad
Report SontaranStratagem April 27, 2021 5:30 PM BST
Brentford Rotherham tonight

Brentford aren't known for their effort when nothing to really play for, playoffs sewn up and autos gone so 2nd string side tonight ?

Rotherham win or draw and Derby no longer have it their own hands
Report SontaranStratagem April 27, 2021 7:31 PM BST
1-0 Brentford

43 points might well be enough Plain
Report SontaranStratagem April 27, 2021 7:41 PM BST
A few years ago Peterborough were relegated with 55 I think
Report bigmo April 27, 2021 7:48 PM BST
You have to feel as the game goes on Rotherham will feel the effects of the fixture list catch-up. All credit to their energy levels and positive play so far.
Report SontaranStratagem April 27, 2021 8:17 PM BST
They've had to play 11 games in 4 weeks or something ?
Report SontaranStratagem April 27, 2021 8:57 PM BST
1-0 FT

Entirely in Derby's hands now

They've dodged about 5 Russian bullets to get in their own hands though, and I still don't think they will win either the last 2, maybe a draw and loss so 44 points

Depends where the draw comes from as Sheff Weds can still run em down with 2 wins

I think its looking less likely now though as Rotherham and Sheff Weds are just as bad as fecking Derby
Report SontaranStratagem May 1, 2021 1:29 PM BST
Sheff Weds getting the point they need to take it to a decider, possibly winning the game
Report SontaranStratagem May 1, 2021 1:30 PM BST
And our penalty Grabbans missed that on purpose, the standard of penalties nowadays are a disgrace really
Report SontaranStratagem May 1, 2021 1:40 PM BST
I don't care what anyone says I don't condone that even though its my team its disgusting sporting integrity, no morals modern day footballers they should be sacked for it
Report SontaranStratagem May 1, 2021 2:46 PM BST
0-0 FT

Derby need a point to relegate Sheff Weds and Swansea have made 6 changes, another scummy play from Swansea now to go with us putting in our "effort"
Report SontaranStratagem May 1, 2021 3:19 PM BST
Rotherham losing

Would be funny if Derby lost and it goes down to the final day with Sheff Weds
Report SontaranStratagem May 1, 2021 4:07 PM BST
0-1 Derby

Derby safe officially if results stay the same
Report SontaranStratagem May 1, 2021 4:24 PM BST
1-1 Derby really are doing it on purpose here Laugh

There's just no way you can fail to pick up a single point against this lot they've played in the past month

Every team with nothing to play for its quite something
Report SontaranStratagem May 1, 2021 4:25 PM BST
2-1 Swansea

Derby are down
Report SontaranStratagem May 1, 2021 4:25 PM BST
Sheff Weds will beat them next week anyway so their down
Report SontaranStratagem May 1, 2021 4:28 PM BST
Come on Rotherham, put them out their misery ffs Laugh
Report Angoose May 1, 2021 4:47 PM BST
Rotherham equalize Grin
Report SontaranStratagem May 1, 2021 4:51 PM BST
A Rotherham winner or a win in midweek with the game in hand will finish them
Report SontaranStratagem May 1, 2021 4:53 PM BST
Derby have had to be absolutely beyond rubbish to go down though Laugh

6 losses in a row and it will 7, 1 win in their last 17 games, possibly down on goal difference...
Report SontaranStratagem May 1, 2021 4:57 PM BST
Its a going to be a fun weekend next week LaughLaugh

Even if Rotherham don't win in midweek A Derby loss to Sheff Weds relegates them Cool
Report Angoose May 1, 2021 6:43 PM BST
Rooney on his way to Spurs Excited
Report SontaranStratagem May 1, 2021 6:53 PM BST
I wouldn't be surprised, after losing 8 in 9 an picking up 1 point in the last 10 to relegate Derby on goal difference

He deserves the Man City job for that stat.. Crazy
Report SontaranStratagem May 4, 2021 12:05 AM BST
A funny one tomorrow because I kinda don't want Rotherham winning in a sense Sheff Weds will virtually be down due to their vastly inferior goal difference to Rotherhams

Kinda want Sheff Weds being right in the mix up on Saturday as they'll try harder to win, and Derby ain't beating anyone that puts any kind of effort in, A draw in the Luton Rotherham game will mean a Sheff Weds win puts Derby in the bottom 3 anyway and wont be relying on Rotherhams game V Cardiff

I've now got a £900 green on Derby's relegation and I wanna make it a round grand green before Saturday, its going to be quite entertaining come 12 noon Saturday, get up nice and early for it CoolCoolGrinHappy
Report Angoose May 4, 2021 8:10 PM BST
0-0 half time with Luton and Rotherham .......
Report SontaranStratagem May 4, 2021 8:23 PM BST
A draw here and Sheff Weds will be scrapping like hell Saturday

Rotherham win and Derby no longer have it in their hands at all so its one of them really
Report SontaranStratagem May 4, 2021 9:12 PM BST
0-0 FT

Derby hanging on by the mere fact 90% of the league have done them favours past 2 months

They are in last chance saloon and defeat relegates them officially on Saturday, this is going to be something to behold on Saturday, Pride Park is going to be packed outside the ground with Sheff Weds and Derby fans LaughLaugh

Its almost a winner take all scenario its incredible
Report SontaranStratagem May 4, 2021 9:21 PM BST
I've got 2 different ways they can go down

Draw and Rotherham win down on GD and Sheff Weds win down full stop no matter what

Apparently Derby and Sheff Weds fans are turning up to the game so it could kick off outside the ground, might have to have nip up there and sit near the bennies LaughLaugh
Report SontaranStratagem May 4, 2021 9:27 PM BST
My green is now £994 so near enough a grand happy with that

This is should be a mildly amusing Saturday lunch time...
Report Angoose May 5, 2021 12:07 PM BST
Sheff Wednesday will be three up at half time.
Rooney will then lace up his boots and bang in his fourth in the 85th minute for a 4-3 lead to Derby.

He'll then sub himself for a well earned break only for Sheff Weds to score twice in time added on Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com