Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
iprefertolay
16 Sep 19 00:03
| Topic/replies: 1,159 | Blogger: iprefertolay's blog
could she also play for englands men side
Pause Switch to Standard View if there was a trulely brilliant...
Show More
Report Reynard September 16, 2019 2:06 AM BST
No , we have 'Men's' Football and 'Women's' Football . Two completely independent sports . By definition Men cannot play professional Women's Football and vice versa .
Report Rider September 16, 2019 2:20 PM BST
and uk womens football (WSL) can be shown live on uk tv at 3pm on a saturday afternoon but mens football cannot, if this was the other way round there would be trouble..
Report lovegod September 16, 2019 2:22 PM BST
I didn't know that, I'll make sure I'm out on a Saturday afternoon now.
Report duffy September 16, 2019 2:47 PM BST
Plus the best woman player in the world wouldn't be even good enough to compete in high end non league football IMO, she might have more skill but physically she'd be destroyed.
Report mega88 September 16, 2019 4:33 PM BST
Well she'd probably get into spurs side but I don't think any of the others
Report ZEALOT September 16, 2019 5:04 PM BST
There is a cracking bird footballer from the Lake District called Sandra Barker . She will be playing for Wolves next year . Watch this space .
Report Emitdeb September 16, 2019 5:57 PM BST
Wasn't till 1954 that a man could run a mile in under 4 minutes (Roger Bannister)... Guess what year the first woman ran under 4 minutes?? 

They simply cant compete against men at anything physical... Except cooking and cleaning.. imo.
Report Angoose September 16, 2019 6:36 PM BST
When did you last run a mile in under four minutes ?
Report Coachbuster September 16, 2019 8:21 PM BST

Sep 16, 2019 -- 11:57AM, Emitdeb wrote:

Wasn't till 1954 that a man could run a mile in under 4 minutes (Roger Bannister)... Guess what year the first woman ran under 4 minutes??  They simply cant compete against men at anything physical... Except cooking and cleaning.. imo.

the best chefs are male

Report Sica Dan September 17, 2019 10:31 AM BST
Svetlana Masterkova lowered the record to 4:12.56 in Zurich on Aug. 14, 1996.
Since then it seems top athletes dont seem interested in trying to lower it.
Report ffaith September 17, 2019 10:57 AM BST
The scum that control our reality are trending towards a genderless society.  So it will happen eventually (if they get their way) probably a transgendered individual will be first. But I fcking hope not.
Report CLYDEBANK29 September 18, 2019 12:56 AM BST
Not all the best chefs are male, but it's a very physically demanding role that attracts men.  Women are just as good cooks as men imo, as Australian Masterchef has demonstrated over many years.

Women wil never remotely compete at football rugby or cricket.   Football is a combination of strength, power, speed and endurance.  But in some sports they are not far off the best men, where perhaps only one of those four elements is key.  In terms of endurance Katie Ledecky would be mens national champion in plenty of countries in Europe in the 1500m freestyle swimming, whilst in strength the Thai woman who won the 55kg weighlifting world championship in 2018 would have finished 9th in the mens 55kg.  Think she would hold the mens British record!  But they could never come close to competing in boxing because boxing requires all four elements.
Report lord skywalker September 18, 2019 2:34 AM BST
are you serious just watched the top womens team in the states at home, they were awful, give it another 200 years they actually might have a  player that can pass a ball to another player, for the live of me cant understand why bt sport/bbc want to show this rubbish, seen better sunday league than this
Report stu September 18, 2019 10:11 AM BST
give it another 200 years they actually might have a  player that can pass a ball to another player Laugh

Too true for footy at least. It's like watching kids football games.
Woman's sport promotion is basically another strand of the feminism movement ideas put into practice, nothing to do with their actual relative ability with men. I don't mind that it is basically sh1t, but what I do mind is having it rammed down our throats that we should consider it equal to the men's games. The beeb are now writing full length reports of games that have the same crowds as clubs like Bury (RIP).
Report stu September 18, 2019 11:43 AM BST
To rephrase the OP question though, might be better to ask would any professional club ever be likely to sign a female player (rather than Prem). I think it would be unlikely even a part-time club (i.e. non-league club) would, but that would be a closer question to frame.
Report Injera September 18, 2019 5:47 PM BST
Quite like to see a female coach take a top role in the mens' game.

Maybe she could get it across to them that spitting/nasal draining and diving make them look like tw*ts..
Report Emitdeb September 19, 2019 2:33 PM BST
Snooker and Darts... Really isnt any excuse here.. Mischief
Report lurka September 19, 2019 3:48 PM BST
It's highly unlikely but not impossible. No physical reason why a woman can't be as skilful as a top men's footballer but it will probably take another 30+ years and a lot more women playing the sport all their lives for that to happen. There is nothing physical about the skill side of the game, which is why so many small players excel. It would not be impossible for a woman to be as skilful and have all of the physical attributes of Ozil for example and he's on 350k a week, has won a World Cup and played at the highest levels of club football. In fact it would be possible for a woman to be even stronger physically than he is.

As to whether it would be allowed that's another issue but only something that would be addressed if a men's club wanted to sign a woman.
Report duffy September 19, 2019 4:19 PM BST
Let's see her get up after a full bloodied 50/50 challenge and see how she feels.
Report DirkDiggler September 19, 2019 4:45 PM BST
and uk womens football (WSL) can be shown live on uk tv at 3pm on a saturday afternoon but mens football cannot, if this was the other way round there would be trouble..

What a load of ill-informed nonsense it's a TV right issue...it's nothing to do with gender.
Report stu September 20, 2019 9:29 AM BST
lurka19 Sep 19 15:48
It's highly unlikely but not impossible. No physical reason why a woman can't be as skilful as a top men's footballer but it will probably take another 30+ years and a lot more women playing the sport all their lives for that to happen. There is nothing physical about the skill side of the game, which is why so many small players excel. It would not be impossible for a woman to be as skilful and have all of the physical attributes of Ozil for example and he's on 350k a week, has won a World Cup and played at the highest levels of club football. In fact it would be possible for a woman to be even stronger physically than he is.

The population of players issue is interesting though, in another way. The OP isn't suggesting that all women players could become good enough, simply whether ONE female player ever could. Says something about how poor as players they are that it is virutally unthinkable a single player could make it in a professional side (or even part time side).
A good comparison is Chess - there are far fewer female players, just like footy, yet some of the strongest women as relatively highly ranked even against the men.
Report stu September 20, 2019 9:30 AM BST
*are relatively highly ranked
Report lurka September 20, 2019 10:04 AM BST
Yes, women's football is like the men's game around 1900 in a lot of ways. That's why it's very unfair to compare it to the modern men's game when they have two of the best ever players playing currently and have had 150 years of a growing worldwide talent pool and relatively huge money in the sport to attract players for decades.

If you look at athletics, women are capable of running very fast and being very strong etc, just as fast and as strong as a lot of male pro footballers (not the fastest or the strongest but the others I mean). It's not like tennis, rugby or basketball where physical attributes like strength, size and height render women virtually unable to compete with men. Football has always been a sport where the smaller guys can not only compete but are often the best players.

It would take an exceptional female athlete who also has exceptional footballing talents and that would probably take decades of talent development, girls worldwide playing from the age of 4 or 5 and money in the sport to produce but by no means impossible.
Report lurka September 20, 2019 10:12 AM BST
Right now if you are an exceptional girl athlete who could excel at multiple sports your parents are going to push you towards tennis or athletics where the money is. If football had a lot more money than those sports, as it does in the men's game, it would be different.
Report portmanpark September 20, 2019 10:14 AM BST
How far down the leagues would say the US womens team have to go to beat a mens team.A long way i would think.How what they fair against a decent local side??
Report portmanpark September 20, 2019 10:15 AM BST
How would*
Report lurka September 20, 2019 10:17 AM BST
I don't think I saw even one exceptional looking athlete at the women's world cup. A lot of them don't even look super-fit. An top u15 MLS boys team hammered them after the last world cup and they are hardly the best u15s in the world.
Report lurka September 20, 2019 10:47 AM BST
You see a lot of female internationals, the older players, have 200+ caps. That's because they there was nothing at club level and they had to play internationals to have a competitive game or to play with other players of a similar level for most of their careers and even then they would still trounce the opposition. There is only one league in the world, in the US, where there are multiple established professional teams.

The US are the only team I saw that had proper competition for places amongst their squad and their squad had the best 1 or 2 players from about 9 different US clubs, 1 or 2 playing in Europe. The likes of France, England, Germany, Spain, have nearly all their first XI from 2 clubs who've only been pro for about 5 years or less and most of that money comes from the men's game as they are affilliated to top men's club sides. Most of the other teams' players didn't look like they'd been playing football all their lives from a young age or even look comfortable playing football. It's more like where rugby would have been 30 years ago with even less of a talent pool.
Report portmanpark September 20, 2019 11:37 AM BST
lurka................the quality at the world cup was shocking.........and they want more money
Report stu September 20, 2019 12:23 PM BST
woman wanting more in this world...what a surprise...
Report lurka September 20, 2019 2:20 PM BST
Yeah they should be channelling their energy into getting more women to support their game and attend matches. They are already subsidised by the men's game unfairly imo, apart from in the US perhaps. A lot of men's teams subsidise a women's team purely for PR reasons. Man U were getting stick for not having a women's team until they formed one in the last year or so.
Report stu September 22, 2019 12:26 PM BST
There is one group of sportswomen we should really have considered, and that's jockeys of course!

They are supposedly treated equal to male jockeys. Though it prob just shows that being a jockey is not as difficult as other sports (i.e. it's barely a sport at all).
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com