Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Platini
08 Jan 19 17:16
| Topic/replies: 22,701 | Blogger: Platini's blog
Given its over 2 legs, Spurs look quite generously priced, with Chelsea too short for me.
Both teams at full strength, but with home advantage and recent form (Spurs beat them easily recently), I favour Pochettino's men.

Tempted by Spurs but will prob just lay Chelsea at under 2/1

Dele Alli to score at around 7/2 looks decent value as well. (already scored 6 v Chelsea).
Pause Switch to Standard View Tottenham v Chelsea - 1st leg league...
Show More
Report SlippyBlue January 8, 2019 8:47 PM GMT
Keeper did very well to keep that out!
Report Des Pond January 8, 2019 8:47 PM GMT
mis-hit cross
Report johnnythebull January 8, 2019 8:48 PM GMT
a bit of good fortune there..need to score another
Report SlippyBlue January 8, 2019 8:49 PM GMT
Yes it was obviously a cross Des but could have quite easily have sneaked in.
Report 1st time poster January 8, 2019 8:49 PM GMT
he was onside, but if were going to have VAR AND THE PICTURTES WE SAW ARE THE ONES  the var reff saw its fooooking ridiculous the angle the pictures were at, CryCry
Report dr . atkins January 8, 2019 8:51 PM GMT
if the rule says level then kane was onside
Report sofaking January 8, 2019 8:53 PM GMT

Jan 8, 2019 -- 8:48PM, johnnythebull wrote:

The quadruple is on Johnny. Excited

Report 1st time poster January 8, 2019 8:58 PM GMT
if the keeper had put as much effort into the foul on kane as he did trying to save the pen,he,d have got nowhere near bringing kane down LaughLaugh
Report Aspro January 8, 2019 9:02 PM GMT
COYS!
Report cricketnut2 January 8, 2019 9:03 PM GMT

Jan 8, 2019 -- 8:39PM, Outpost wrote:

There were 2 VAR incidents at the weekend where penalties were awarded when it clearly wasn't penalties and now once again VAR has made a joke out of football. First of all he was offside and secondly that was a clear dive yet again by Kane.He hit the ball past the keeper and out of play and done a somersault over him.  VAR is an abomination and is only used by VAR refs to cheat in favour of the team they want to win.

If you think the VAR ref got it wrong, your eyes must be poor, gaol was onside and it was a penalty and I couldn't care less who wins, not had a bet and support neither side.

Report Aspro January 8, 2019 9:03 PM GMT
^ went to specsavers!
Report 1st time poster January 8, 2019 9:06 PM GMT
don't like seeing sides go down to 10 men,and theres that double jeopardy rule but going to var was a cop out for the reff there, in real time if he give a pen some reffs would have given a red as well
Report johnnythebull January 8, 2019 9:09 PM GMT
sofaking    08 Jan 19 20:53 
Jan 8, 2019 -- 8:48PM, johnnythebull wrote:

The quadruple is on Johnny. Excited

might not quite win the league but the domestic cup double is no offers with all bookiesWink

and the cup treble(CL) a shade over evens Grin
Report pushkin99 January 8, 2019 9:10 PM GMT
Pleasing scenes.
Report pushkin99 January 8, 2019 9:13 PM GMT

Jan 8, 2019 -- 8:39PM, Outpost wrote:

There were 2 VAR incidents at the weekend where penalties were awarded when it clearly wasn't penalties and now once again VAR has made a joke out of football. First of all he was offside and secondly that was a clear dive yet again by Kane.He hit the ball past the keeper and out of play and done a somersault over him.  VAR is an abomination and is only used by VAR refs to cheat in favour of the team they want to win.

Really?

Report ffaith January 8, 2019 9:14 PM GMT
Barkley's shocking.  Jorginho a 1000 safe passes a game he's no pirlo.
Report sofaking January 8, 2019 9:14 PM GMT
2-0 incoming. Deli Alli.
Report shlotter January 8, 2019 9:14 PM GMT
the national health service really cannot afford to spending too much more on people with mental health issues. that's why they let thfc carry on the way they do
Report johnnythebull January 8, 2019 9:17 PM GMT
i think smn with those very issues has just announced himself
Report ffaith January 8, 2019 9:17 PM GMT
Christensen another millionaire footballer who can't use his left foot
Report 1st time poster January 8, 2019 9:17 PM GMT
alli not been sighted in an hour
Report 1st time poster January 8, 2019 9:19 PM GMT
to be fair he,s not to clever with his right, Laugh
Report johnnythebull January 8, 2019 9:19 PM GMT
gone right off the boil for me lately Dele
Report 1st time poster January 8, 2019 9:20 PM GMT
transformed with a striker smith reckons except they,d have one less in  midfield and getting less of the ball
Report Des Pond January 8, 2019 9:20 PM GMT
never a corner
Report johnnythebull January 8, 2019 9:22 PM GMT
2 goal advantage 2nite wins the tie 4 me..Chavski can't score goals at will,bit like Atleti
Report ffaith January 8, 2019 9:22 PM GMT
Sarri took William off before hudson-odoi. Willian must be pissed.
Report Des Pond January 8, 2019 9:23 PM GMT
I find Smith's "Hovis" bread advert voice a bit hard to listen to.
Report johnnythebull January 8, 2019 9:24 PM GMT
u'll find his accent more palatable..Des..with the mute button on
Report 1st time poster January 8, 2019 9:25 PM GMT
Chelsea should be seeing plenty of the ball no strikers and 6 midfield players, barca type 2
Report Des Pond January 8, 2019 9:26 PM GMT
for sure, johnny.
Report shlotter January 8, 2019 9:29 PM GMT
isn't it amazing that THFC resurgence coincides with BREXIT and a lot of trade deals with Israel and the United States....plus a lot of decisions that shouldn't go their way, surprisingly do
Report 1st time poster January 8, 2019 9:30 PM GMT
cant see many of the top strikers in Europe wanting to play no ball sari ball Laugh
Report 1st time poster January 8, 2019 9:31 PM GMT
just the final third where the lacking ,the part where they havnt got a striker LaughLaugh
Report johnnythebull January 8, 2019 9:32 PM GMT
shlotter    08 Jan 19 21:29 
isn't it amazing that THFC resurgence coincides with BREXIT and a lot of trade deals with Israel and the United States....plus a lot of decisions that shouldn't go their way, surprisingly do

dude u seriously gotta change ur crack dealer..i'm concerned 4 u
Report ffaith January 8, 2019 9:33 PM GMT
Chelsea paid 57m for a wideman.  They should have saved their pennies for an Icardi bid.
Report johnnythebull January 8, 2019 9:34 PM GMT
top player
Report Des Pond January 8, 2019 9:35 PM GMT
Alonso, wtf was that?
Report sofaking January 8, 2019 9:36 PM GMT

Jan 8, 2019 -- 9:32PM, johnnythebull wrote:

shlotter    08 Jan 19 21:29  isn't it amazing that THFC resurgence coincides with BREXIT and a lot of trade deals with Israel and the United States....plus a lot of decisions that shouldn't go their way, surprisingly dodude u seriously gotta change ur crack dealer..i'm concerned 4 u

Only seeing his post because you quoted him. Dude's ever more messed up than I first suspected.

Report Ibrahima Sonko January 8, 2019 9:37 PM GMT
Wow, a chelsea striker on the pitch.
Report johnnythebull January 8, 2019 9:38 PM GMT
COYS we need another
Report johnnythebull January 8, 2019 9:40 PM GMT
Lame ella's a bellend
Report sofaking January 8, 2019 9:42 PM GMT

Jan 8, 2019 -- 9:40PM, johnnythebull wrote:

Lame ella's a bellend

true story.

Report Des Pond January 8, 2019 9:44 PM GMT
Eriksen has been poor, among others
Report sofaking January 8, 2019 9:45 PM GMT

Jan 8, 2019 -- 9:44PM, Des Pond wrote:

Eriksen has been poor, among others

Motivation is low for this wee cup.

Report Kriskin January 8, 2019 9:46 PM GMT
Spurs are very fortunate to be in front. They have been very average.  Chelsea just don't have a striker.  Hazard is some player
Report 1st time poster January 8, 2019 9:47 PM GMT
spuds been awful chelski never looked like scoring and yet the 2 sky loons think its been a high quality match,doint think a spuds player would get more than a 5
Report johnnythebull January 8, 2019 9:48 PM GMT
sometimes u can get dragged down to the level of ur opposition
Report Des Pond January 8, 2019 9:49 PM GMT
It's not a great match, imo. Too many players gone missing, on both sides. If the comms think it's "high Quality", they must be easily peased.
Report Des Pond January 8, 2019 9:50 PM GMT
* pleased, even.
Report 1st time poster January 8, 2019 9:50 PM GMT
you can never drag tyler down see,s brilliant games every week,mind you when your getting paid a fortune to watch themLaughLaugh
Report johnnythebull January 8, 2019 9:50 PM GMT
the comms have to toe the party line and big up any old sh1te
Report ffaith January 8, 2019 9:51 PM GMT
Chelsea better but no cutting edge.  Advantage spuds if Chelsea can't beat Leicester/soton at SB can't see them betting the spuds.
Report johnnythebull January 8, 2019 9:52 PM GMT
is it the away goals rule cos if it is i think we'll score at SB and no way they're beating us 3-1
Report Kriskin January 8, 2019 9:52 PM GMT
Spurs look miles behind Liverpool and Man City on that performance tonite.
Report sofaking January 8, 2019 9:52 PM GMT

Jan 8, 2019 -- 9:52PM, johnnythebull wrote:

is it the away goals rule cos if it is i think we'll score at SB and no way they're beating us 3-1

Hopefully away goals count but I'm not sure.

Report Kriskin January 8, 2019 9:53 PM GMT
Away goals don't count
Report sofaking January 8, 2019 9:53 PM GMT

Jan 8, 2019 -- 9:52PM, Kriskin wrote:

Not a fair comparison. This is a league cup game.

Report anxious January 8, 2019 9:54 PM GMT
Think we can give you a game on Sunday sofaking although your team is strong
Report sofaking January 8, 2019 9:54 PM GMT

Jan 8, 2019 -- 9:52PM, Kriskin wrote:

So on Liverpool's performance last night v Wolves they look well off the pace. Confused

Report sofaking January 8, 2019 9:55 PM GMT

Jan 8, 2019 -- 9:54PM, anxious wrote:

Think we can give you a game on Sunday sofaking although your team is strong

I expect a facile "home" win anxious. Silly

Report Kriskin January 8, 2019 9:55 PM GMT
Liverpool made 9 changes.  That was a Spurs first team tonite.  Not nice to watch.
Report johnnythebull January 8, 2019 9:56 PM GMT
same training tops
If it is a draw, do away goals count and is extra time played?
For the first time since 1980, the away goals rule will NOT apply in the League Cup semi-finals.

In addition, ties will now go straight to penalties if the scores remain level after two legs.

gives Chavski a much better chance they were toast o/wise
Report sofaking January 8, 2019 9:57 PM GMT

Jan 8, 2019 -- 9:55PM, Kriskin wrote:

Liverpool made 9 changes.

Report sofaking January 8, 2019 9:57 PM GMT
ffs
Report Aspro January 8, 2019 9:58 PM GMT
Game of 4 halves... the next 2 will be better
Report anxious January 8, 2019 9:59 PM GMT
Sofaking i dont think you will find it easy against United
Report ufcdan January 8, 2019 10:00 PM GMT
Sofaking i dont think you will find it easy against United

You on the sauce anxious LaughLaughLaughWink
Report anxious January 8, 2019 10:02 PM GMT
Hey tory boy im sober as a judge , were only 6 points behind your mob
Report johnnythebull January 8, 2019 10:02 PM GMT
u think u can turn us over at SB..dan?
Report ufcdan January 8, 2019 10:04 PM GMT
On tonight's performance if we play like that, a resounding yes Excited
Report ufcdan January 8, 2019 10:06 PM GMT
Plus Johnny I shall back you to qualify.........that should do it LaughWink
Report johnnythebull January 8, 2019 10:06 PM GMT
but u ain't got anyone to bang in the goals..if we score i think we'll nick it
Report Aspro January 8, 2019 10:07 PM GMT
Almost certain Spurs will score another imo
Report ufcdan January 8, 2019 10:07 PM GMT
Tbf given the amount of pressure Spurs defence was solid. Your keeper had a good game as well
Report ffaith January 8, 2019 10:07 PM GMT
In the 2nd half Poch must have told his 30m boys to get stuck into the only Chelsea player that can hurt them.  Tbf to them lads neither are much cop at attacking but they took it in turns to give Hazard a cloberring.
Sets it up nicely for the 2nd leg macho fireworks.
Report johnnythebull January 8, 2019 10:08 PM GMT
wouldn't be backing us at 4/7 to qualify with just a one goal lead and no away goals rule..too skinny
Report ufcdan January 8, 2019 10:08 PM GMT
You could of had a couple more tonight. And yes we need a centre forward
Report ufcdan January 8, 2019 10:09 PM GMT
I've also got a few bob on you lot winning it outright LaughLaughLaugh
Report Platini January 8, 2019 10:10 PM GMT
one word for the idiot market that hammered the Chelsea price before KO

punished  Laugh
Report johnnythebull January 8, 2019 10:11 PM GMT
thought that 115 mill winner was in Norn Iron..danWink
Report enpassant January 8, 2019 10:16 PM GMT
Pedro was shocking but was a great defender around the spurs box.
Report lurka January 9, 2019 3:59 AM GMT
Thought it was interesting what Sarri said about the VAR after the match.

https://twitter.com/energybet_com/status/1082767523630772225

Why was the first angle used in the VAR for the offside decision when the second angle is a much better angle to judge? The pic from the halfway point looks like it is stopped just after the ball is played but it is still a much better angle to judge and there was obviously a camera there. What is the point in using an angle which is so far ahead of the play when the linesman is in the correct position and has a much better view? There is just as much chance of 'human error' getting it wrong if you are going to judge it from an angle like that imo. And I thought it was only to be used for 'clear and obvious' errors?
Report ian merseyside January 9, 2019 4:23 PM GMT
The camera angle used for the VAR didn't look in line to me.  Whenever Sky do a game without VAR they always manage to find a camera angle that is bang in line for any potential offside and it's easy to see if the decision is correct.  They also never need to put all those white lines across the image, as the VAR team do, and which actually look quite amateurish to me! It definitely seems that the technology used by VAR is inferior to Sky's.
Report dr . atkins January 9, 2019 4:41 PM GMT
they should have the angles they have on american football
Report lurka January 9, 2019 5:16 PM GMT
If the linesman was as out of position as that camera angle is, you'd say he is in no position to judge. But he was actually in the perfect position and instead they use the a position which is the same as him being out of position?

When VAR is used the error should be clear and obvious from the image. That camera angle cannot show anything conclusive. It doesn't even show that there was a miniscule error, never mind clear and obvious.
Report ian merseyside January 9, 2019 5:26 PM GMT
I've only seen the one angle, the one that was used by VAR, and which was certainly not in line. I don't know why Sky didn't show their normal camera angle whilst the VAR team were making their decision.  I'm sure it would have been a lot more conclusive but I'm beginning to wonder if it was censored to avoid any criticism of the VAR process.  For what it's worth I thought Kane was "leaning" offside on the VAR angle but I would like to see a better angle if there is one available.
Report ian merseyside January 9, 2019 5:41 PM GMT
Just out of interest, does anyone know if the fans inside the stadium were made aware of what was going on during the VAR?  I'm not sure if Wembley has screens to show video replays.
Report 1st time poster January 9, 2019 5:51 PM GMT
lets be honest if clear and obvious is the mantra for the use of VAR it should never be used for offside as you can be an inch out either way as last night,but not clearly and obvious wrong or right,
not sure if the lino flagged last night but further evidence,other angles show the lino was more accurate than VAR not a good sign is it ,taking decision making away from reffs,lino,s calling it better than VAR
Report ian merseyside January 9, 2019 5:52 PM GMT
Linesman definitely flagged.
Report mafeking January 9, 2019 6:19 PM GMT
i was in club wembley on the linesman's side and he didn't flag until after kane was brought down

didn't show replays but showed decision pending on the screens. was obvious they were checking for offside as the foul was not in doubt
Report 1st time poster January 9, 2019 6:53 PM GMT
clear view, no obstructions, no intentional or unintentional  deflections, no interfering,not interfering with play ,passive ,not passive , plain straightforward linedecision and chelsea  says theres other vt evidence to say var got it wrong, not good is it, where as without var it was that close people would have accepted decision either way, var is supposed to take the doubt away not increase the debate, like in goal line tec where theres been goals, not goals by a millimetre but no arguments because the tech has been proved to work
Report Hanx January 10, 2019 12:45 PM GMT
VAR is a load of rubbish and should be binned immediately!

You are not removing human error: you are expanding it.

Anyone who watches Match of the Day will know that Lineker and his pundits can never agree on whether a card should be red or yellow, whether it was a penalty or a fair challenge — and that’s with a similar range of camera angles and slow motion and six hours to debate the issue.

It’s a game in which human frailty matters as much as human brilliance and to take that away (or pretend to take it away, as is the current situation) detracts from what the game is all about
Report ufcdan January 10, 2019 2:37 PM GMT
Have to agree with Hanx, decisions still rely on human interpretation. To me Kane looked offside but then I'm biased Laugh VAR is not like the goal line technology which we can clearly see the result. Until VAR is up to that standard best shelved.
Report ian merseyside January 10, 2019 2:58 PM GMT
When goal line technology came in we were assured that that would be it but a few years on and we now have "VAR lite".  Despite all the reservations it seems inevitable that within a few more years we will have VAR for every single contentious decision.  The game will then become like American Football and will take over 2 hours to complete the 90 minutes.
Report Aspro January 10, 2019 3:16 PM GMT
I'm sure I read somewhere that the average time a ball is actually 'in-play' is around 62 minutes
Report sj January 10, 2019 3:17 PM GMT
no excuses from us as we would not have scored if we were there all night, but imo its offside, leave the farking game alone. Done mind the goal tech but as in RL some angles its a forward pass another angle it aint. How was that the best angle what VAR had?

As said no excuses (even though i'd like to have an excuse against that lot)
Report Hanx January 10, 2019 7:12 PM GMT

Jan 10, 2019 -- 3:17PM, sj wrote:

no excuses from us as we would not have scored if we were there all night, but imo its offside, leave the farking game alone. Done mind the goal tech but as in RL some angles its a forward pass another angle it aint. How was that the best angle what VAR had?As said no excuses (even though i'd like to have an excuse against that lot)

Given Chelsea hav scored 2 goals agianst us in recent years where it's debateable if the ball crossed the line, I'm all for goaline technology

GrinWink

Report mafeking January 10, 2019 7:23 PM GMT
debateable ? the first one was nearer the 6 yard box line than the goal
Report darren_discombobulates_sports January 10, 2019 7:37 PM GMT
The technology will be ironed out in time, with fairness, money and history on the line it makes no sense in a technlogical age not to use what's there to get the right outcome. The reason why some players disagree with each other on decisions is because they're not referees and a lot of the time they don't even know the rules, though Joe Cole had to explain that you can't score with your shoulder so that part of Kane's body is not deemed offside, and even if he didn't deliver that with confidence.

Think most people dragging their feet on progression using technology are of a certain age who want to romanticise about the pastWink
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com