Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Larry Sellers
27 Dec 18 18:48
| Topic/replies: 3,271 | Blogger: Larry Sellers's blog
For football fans in general, nothing would be more poignant than seeing and hearing the KOP sing YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE when LIVERPOOL lift the trophy in a few month's time.

There will not be a dry eye in the house and KLOPP will run to the players and to the BEST FANS in World football to hug them.

LIVERPOOL have the best player in WORLD football for each and every position and are an ABSOULTE CURTAINTY to win the league this season.

It would be a fitting tribute if STEVEN GERRARD gets an honorary Premier league medal which he richly deserves.  I hope that LFC and the FA sort this out soon.

19-5
YMCA
Pause Switch to Standard View Most neutrals want LIVERPOOL to win...
Show More
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 27, 2018 7:52 PM GMT
Blimey, haven't seen you in a while.

Got to be difficult re-decorating your bedroom and getting rid of all those Jose mementos so quickly.
Report tickerty boo December 27, 2018 7:52 PM GMT
Walofs.
Report OnePercenter December 27, 2018 7:59 PM GMT
Sort of demolishes the bin dippers claims that they are not counting their chickens before they are hatched
Report Tiger Tiger December 27, 2018 8:00 PM GMT
I agree. As a Newcastle United fan I hope that Liverpool win the league.

Got nothing to do with Larry Sellars opening post though.
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 27, 2018 8:07 PM GMT
1% - you might want to check Larry's history first. Though I wouldn't price it too big that he's not in the same chair as you right now.
Report anxious December 27, 2018 9:15 PM GMT
Please God no
Report ufcdan December 27, 2018 9:25 PM GMT
Barth barth
Report DeSSieReborn December 28, 2018 7:44 AM GMT
original poster and Tiger Tiger need their heads examined IMVHO. Come On Tottenham!!!
Report sparrow December 28, 2018 8:55 AM GMT
Bring back Leicester and to hell with the big money boys.
Report fred c dobs December 28, 2018 9:15 AM GMT
Whistling and dark spring to mind.Devil
Report Platini December 28, 2018 3:01 PM GMT
I think most neutrals would like to see Spuds win it.

But I don't think thats gonna happen, so a Liverpool win would be the next best thing.
Report GLASGOWCALLING December 28, 2018 4:04 PM GMT
Totally agree Plats, if by any chance SOUTHAMPTON don't win it I will wish our
Feeder club all the best.Happy
Report Desatron December 28, 2018 4:48 PM GMT
Think most would want Spurs (coming from a nuetral)
Report scandanavian_haven December 28, 2018 5:09 PM GMT
If it's a choice for neutrals between City, Liverpool and Tottenham

I think most neutrals would say Tottenham, I'd say Tottenham, though I can't see it.

If it's a choice between Liverpool and City, I think most would say Liverpool.

City are a bit like Chelsea, think a lot of people still see them as the pariah of football, all that's wrong with the game given their owners and money spent, truth is though, Liverpool are not shy of spending, they can't be out of that conversation when they're buying 66 million pound Goalkeepers and 70 million pound centre backs. Oh well, at least it hasn't been wasted on dross.
Report Bud December 28, 2018 5:10 PM GMT
Agreed, I am a neutral and would far prefer Spurs to win it rather than Liverpool, in fact anyone but Liverpool
Report OnePercenter December 28, 2018 8:28 PM GMT
Arsenal just to rub Wenger's nose in it.
Report ufcdan December 28, 2018 10:23 PM GMT
City are a bit like Chelsea, think a lot of people still see them as the pariah of football, all that's wrong with the game given their owners and money spent, truth is though, Liverpool are not shy of spending, they can't be out of that conversation when they're buying 66 million pound Goalkeepers and 70 million pound centre backs. Oh well, at least it hasn't been wasted on dross.

Tbf City and Chelsea fans had to watch a lot of sh1t when most of you were bouncing around in your old mans ballbag
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 28, 2018 11:45 PM GMT
Lol
Report lurka December 29, 2018 12:11 AM GMT
why mention a 66m keeper and 70m cb without mentioning the sale of coutinho which essentially funded both? People said he'd be a huge loss but they did better without him last year and are a much better team this year than last. The rest of what they spent is TV money which is fine, they got to the CL final remember.

Spending within your means on the team is to be commended by the owners. Most of them don't do that and hoard money for themselves, Spurs aren't spending their money on the team, they're spending it on a stadium which will cost near £1bn. City are spending someone else's (a country's) money on theirs. The liverpool owners are smart with their money and realise that players will go up in value in the current climate with a good manager. Nothing wrong with that and spurs could compete with that but don't want to.
Report dukeofpuke December 29, 2018 2:05 AM GMT
Klopp ok SALAH cheat liverpool fans HATE
Report sparrow December 29, 2018 6:21 AM GMT
lurka    29 Dec 18 00:11 
why mention a 66m keeper and 70m cb without mentioning the sale of coutinho which essentially funded both? People said he'd be a huge loss but they did better without him last year and are a much better team this year than last. The rest of what they spent is TV money which is fine, they got to the CL final remember.

Spending within your means on the team is to be commended by the owners. Most of them don't do that and hoard money for themselves, Spurs aren't spending their money on the team, they're spending it on a stadium which will cost near £1bn. City are spending someone else's (a country's) money on theirs. The liverpool owners are smart with their money and realise that players will go up in value in the current climate with a good manager. Nothing wrong with that and spurs could compete with that but don't want to.

"Nothing wrong with that" as if every club had a choice about spending hundreds of millions of pounds on players. Just half a dozen clubs living in a world of their own who would probably be appalled at the thought of a level playing field for all. I can still remember all the whining on here when Leicester won the title accusing them of taking drugs etc.
Report PDBILL. December 29, 2018 6:58 AM GMT
Outside of Liverpool fans - NOBODY wants Liverpool to win the League *** FACT
Report buddeliea December 29, 2018 7:28 AM GMT
Why do you think that?
Report scandanavian_haven December 29, 2018 7:53 AM GMT
er, Liverpool have a net spend of £112 million during Klopps time in charge, and most of the players that were sold were surplus to requirements, you compare that to most of the league or even go further back and the disparity is huge

Since the premier league started Liverpool are 4th on the list for net spend, £466.2 million, Man City 1st with over 1 billion, Chelsea 2nd with £877 million, United 3rd with near 700 million and way down at the bottom, Leicester with £-26 million.
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 29, 2018 8:27 AM GMT
Not completely on the money, but there's a Sky Sports graphic from May this year noting all the clubs' net spend since June 2014

May as well list them

Man City £496M
Man Utd £417M
Arsenal £166M
Everton £165M
C Palace £126M
Chelsea £119M
Leicester £113M
West Ham £86M
West Brom £85M
Stoke £65M
Tottenham £50M
Liverpool £18M
Swansea +£27M
Southampton +£71M

Appreciate you've got to add Allison to that and the fact that it slightly pre-dates Klopp but it shows a bit the work that has been done to re-build the squad. If you go back to that great Rodgers attack 4 years ago and said that we would have sold Suarez, Coutinho and Sterling and Sturridge would be a perennial crock only fit for cameo appearances then most people would say we'd struggle to get top 4.

Yes, we've spent money but we've sold very well firstly. Got good money for all 3 of the above and some others besides. But crucially we've spent really well. I don't think there's a club in the world who could match the success of Liverpool's signings since Klopp arrived. Some thought Robertson would be a failure given he was relegated and only cost £8M but now he's the best LB in the league. Shaqiri was a very similar deal and he's been an absolute bargain. Fans scratched their heads at what we paid for VVD, Salah, Mané, Ox but each and every time we were proved wrong and they've gone on to be great value.

There's a skill behind all this and Klopp and Edwards are very good at it. Our spending is a fraction of Utd's but you could make a strong case that a combined XI right now would all be coming from the pretty end of the East Lancs. You can throw money at it all you like but if the best you can do is Lukaku while the competition is getting Salah, Mané and change then it's clear that some are doing it better than others and the argument about who has most money to spend is pretty null. Liverpool are top because they've built a very strong team and bought well for a fraction of the money spent by the Manchester clubs.
Report MrMeaner December 29, 2018 8:41 AM GMT
You shouldn't use net-spend PP, it upsets the natives. Especially those who top the list. Don't know why like.

The real big spenders have not had to contend with losing their top stars either. We've lost Suarez & Coutinho to Barca, & Sterling to City. When Ferguson called it a day over 5 years ago, most of the United supporters on the respective United forums were bullish about their future because they had the finances to compete with most of the other top clubs. But as they're finding out, money alone isn't the answer. Most of the players we've signed have probably been accessible to the likes of City, United, Chelsea, et al. But they've had bigger, & better, fish to fry with all that dosh gathering dust in the vaults.
Report scandanavian_haven December 29, 2018 9:12 AM GMT
The two dates I've given are relevant, Klopp's time and the Premier League as a whole,

However, if you want to look at that date since the beginning of the 2014/15 season, Liverpools net spending has been

14/15 - £38.38m
15/16 - £28 mil
16/17 - -£6.4 mil
17/18 - -£28 mil
18/19 - £146.5 mil
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 29, 2018 9:33 AM GMT
Not sure why the start of the PL is relevant really. Don't see how us blowing money on Paul Stewart and Julian Dicks has any impact on today's team.

Not really sure what your argument is to be honest. I think most people get what Liverpool's relevant spend is. A hell of a lot less than the Manchester clubs; a hell of a lot more than mid-table teams.

Twas ever thus. If only the amount spent was relevant then we'd never finish any higher than 3rd. But it's not completely solely relevant. You've got to take into account player development. Robbo isn't an £8M player any more, just as Salah is more a £150M player by today's values. We're clearly not being funded by a sugar daddy in the way City and Chelsea are. But we've been canny and buying well, getting young players who have scope to develop and increase in value is a part of that.

TV deals have helped everyone. Liverpool's income from TV went up £31M to £154M at the start of the 16/17 season. The expanded stand saw an increase of £11M in revenue from match goers, while commercial income rose £21M. Last year's CL run saw them earn £75M. The money spent has been money earned. We improved our sponsorship deals and are about to re-negotiate the kit deal which currently earns £45M a year. £75M p.a seems to be what they're after now.

We fell way behind Utd at the start of the PL era as they grasped the business opportunities and we didn't but it's clear we're playing catch up now.
Report scandanavian_haven December 29, 2018 10:02 AM GMT
The top teams are not just paying big money they're also paying big wages to attract players and combined with extra revenue from European money, European games bringing more exposure and more replica kits sold, merchandise etc, it's basically a closed shop and so the league table usually becomes what it is, a money league, reflecting who has spent most, which is why everyone had Cardiff finishing bottom and Wolves doing quite well as promoted teams comparison.
Report lurka December 29, 2018 11:17 AM GMT
Chelsea and Man City spent beyond their means for years via sugar daddies to establish themselves as perennial top 4 clubs and get into the closed shop. Liverpool fell out of the top 4 and didn't spend beyond their means to get back into it, they got a good manager in and backed him with resources generated from within the club, resources that have grown significantly since he arrived which they have continued to back him with. That is totally different to a Chelsea/City situation which you likened it to.

Spurs have done the same as Liverpool in getting into the closed shop, eg they sold Bale years ago and put the money into improving the team but have done an Arsenal since and decided to spend a huge amount of money on a stadium and not invest in the team, happy to be a top 4 team and not kick on. They have a very good manager like Liverpool do but have decided not to back him with the club's resources like Liverpool have done. It's their own fault if they fall short this year, not down to another team having more money.

The fact is Liverpool have generated their spending from within the club and if you are only discovering that the top 4 is a closed shop now then I don't know what to say to you. Other clubs like Spurs and Arsenal don't spend their resources on the team and bigger clubs like Man U have spent abysmally despite much bigger resources than Liverpool, City aren't a bigger club but have outspent Liverpool as well but haven't spent nearly as well as Liverpool have. €50m each for Stones and Walker are good examples and the likes of Delph, Jesus and Danilo are others and I don't think they've ever sold a player for a decent return because they haven't had to run their club prudently like most clubs do.
Report scandanavian_haven December 29, 2018 11:57 AM GMT
I'm not discovering that now lurka obviously so it's a daft point.

I wasn't comparing Liverpool to the two with sugar daddy owners, they're in  a league of their own, I said they wasn't shy of spending big, which they're not.
Report ufcdan December 29, 2018 12:31 PM GMT
Come on City get your act together
Report themover December 29, 2018 12:55 PM GMT
"City aren't a bigger club but have outspent Liverpool as well but haven't spent nearly as well as Liverpool have"

Have Liverpool just won something or have I missed it? The only reason City haven't sold a player for a decent return is because they have successfully held on to them. Aguero, for example, could have been sold for a kings ransom at some point.
Report scandanavian_haven December 29, 2018 1:03 PM GMT
The league is far from over, some people seem to be handing the title to Liverpool

We're literally 50% of the way through the season, 19 games played, 12 point leads have been blown before so 6 is more than catchable, personally I'm glad that there is an actual race on, rather than City trouncing everyone. I am convinced they'll come good though, if they can sort their leaky defence out, barely kept a clean sheet the last dozen games or so.
Report OnePercenter December 29, 2018 1:08 PM GMT
Keep up themovement Liverpool just won the title FFS.
Report ufcdan December 29, 2018 1:10 PM GMT
Flags, shirts and scarves being printed as we speak !
Report SlippyBlue December 29, 2018 1:10 PM GMT
As a Palace man and with no financial interest so completely neutral I really hope Liverpool win the league, definitely wouldn't want Spurs to win.
Report themover December 29, 2018 1:16 PM GMT
City's defence is fine. City had David Silva out for the Palace match and on the bench for Leicester match (played 20 minutes). De Bruyne isn't fully back yet and if you took those two out of most teams it's going to make a difference, and that's before you take into account defenders out...Kompany, Mendy, Walker (rested at Leicester), Daniolo has only just returned from injury etc. We now have a left back problem as Delph got a red so Walker will have to return on the right and Danilo go to the left (he's actually better on the right was bought as cover for Walker but has ended up playing more at left back due to injuries). If Kompany was fit that would mean Laporte could go to left back as another option but getting De Bruyne and D Silva back playing together is the main thing imho
Report ufcdan December 29, 2018 1:19 PM GMT
As a Palace man and with no financial interest so completely neutral I really hope Liverpool win the league, definitely wouldn't want Spurs to win.

For me it's a choice of having my eye dug out with a rusty spoon or having a red hot poker up my jacksy Scared come on City Laugh
Report themover December 29, 2018 1:20 PM GMT
I forgot about Fernandinho, lost both games he didn't play in Cry
Report scandanavian_haven December 29, 2018 1:22 PM GMT
City's defence look like they've just met in wetherspoons before the match regardless of who's playing
Report themover December 29, 2018 1:23 PM GMT
Laugh
Report anxious December 29, 2018 1:23 PM GMT
Mersey port  backed heavily to beat the goonners  Mersey Port 2-5 draw 17-4 Arsenal 7-1
Report themover December 29, 2018 1:24 PM GMT
don't tell romm but I'm trying to find a Gooners shirt Laugh
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 29, 2018 1:28 PM GMT
City are just having one of those wobbles where every mistake is punished and confidence is shot. They'll still amass a big total and we'll do well to get within 6 points of that over the next 19 games I reckon.

Not the worst time to have a wobble too I reckon. Not much stopping them going out and spending £100M on a defender or two and a centre mid.
Report themover December 29, 2018 1:31 PM GMT
Next big purchase will be a Fernandinho replacement/cover imo. They've tried unsuccessfully on a couple of targets the last year or so but will have to get someone eventually just depends if they can get the long term target or if it's just a cover player in January. Probably the latter.
Report OnePercenter December 29, 2018 1:34 PM GMT
themovement
I forgot about Fernandinho, lost both games he didn't play

Yes it's amazing how fragile your defence is once his continual cheating is absent
Report themover December 29, 2018 1:39 PM GMT
tactical fouls aren't cheating Wink
Report scandanavian_haven December 29, 2018 1:47 PM GMT
City tried to get Jorginho summer gone, instead Sarri took him and ruined Kante instead.
Report pushkin99 December 29, 2018 1:47 PM GMT

Dec 29, 2018 -- 7:34AM, OnePercenter wrote:

themovementI forgot about Fernandinho, lost both games he didn't playYes it's amazing how fragile your defence is once his continual cheating is absent

this clowns one eyed bigotry knows no bounds......................

Report pushkin99 December 29, 2018 1:50 PM GMT
Funny how the chavs and mancs are yet again THE ONLY ONES ON THIS FORUM THAT ARE PROCLAIMING LIVERPOOL HAVE WON THE LEAGUE!!!!

Wake up and smell the coffee u deluded bigots, its only half way through the season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report SontaranStratagem December 29, 2018 1:55 PM GMT
They are likable under Klopp imo

Tottenham winning it would be just as good though

Klippity and Pochtity are nice enough fellows Happy
Report SontaranStratagem December 29, 2018 1:56 PM GMT
Just not City or Chelsea

Want someone different to win it this season
Report OnePercenter December 29, 2018 2:18 PM GMT
All tactical fouls are cheating. Each should earn a yellow.

The simple fact is the way city play without the continual cheating they find it hard to win.

All Pep's teams have been cheats.
Report themover December 29, 2018 3:08 PM GMT
Fernandinho has received only 2 yellows all season, but I'm sure you know the rules a lot better than the FA officials.
Report OnePercenter December 29, 2018 3:19 PM GMT
Funny how Refs in England are a lot more leniant than foreign Refs when it comes to city's professional fouls.

I wonder why that is?
Report OnePercenter December 29, 2018 3:21 PM GMT
There's a thread in The Guardian today on Fernandinho absence.

A lot of comments there that he should be on his 2nd suspension.
Report ufcdan December 29, 2018 5:37 PM GMT
For me it's a choice of having my eye dug out with a rusty spoon or having a red hot poker up my jacksyScared come on CityLaugh

Well that's the red hot poker option gone LaughLaughLaugh 
Report Platini December 30, 2018 1:28 AM GMT
As I was saying about Spurs Wink
Report TheBetterBettor December 30, 2018 1:44 PM GMT
I bet 'most nuetrals' can't wait for 'Da best club in der werld' shytelocks to be rammed down their throats post May.

either that or they are really closet liverpool fans
Report degsy42 December 30, 2018 1:53 PM GMT
spellchecker alert
Report sadlers December 30, 2018 5:10 PM GMT
I want a vote on this one.
Report Charlie December 30, 2018 5:27 PM GMT
Most neutrals don't give a fck that's why they're neutral.
Report johnnythebull December 30, 2018 5:30 PM GMT
Grin
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com