Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
14 Jul 18 20:07
| Topic/replies: 55,133 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
How it used to be Love

Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report olddesperado December 11, 2021 8:42 PM GMT
Poor performance and some of the players were completely off but we still look more solid than before.
De gea was good and has clearly been told to change his ways.

Came for 3 or 4 crosses and swept up as well .
Never seen him do either before.

Marcus headed the ball about 7 times which is about 7 times more than he has all season.
Still looks as though he thinks he's above tackling or chasing back though.

Mcfred and the 2 full backs were good too ,  the rest were very poor.
Report the_don December 11, 2021 9:22 PM GMT
All pretty poor to me oldesp, yes maybe McTominay and Fred were ok but couldn't understand not making more changes far earlier.

Most of the game v Palace was good with pressure on the ball and lots of intent but the 2 game since then have been different and we've looked stretched and open against 2 average teams. Is that poor instruction or are the players not up to it? I'm not sure.

Rashford is almost morphing into Martial recently with his sulky demeanour and apparent lack of effort. His decision making in the final third is so poor and either he hates Ronaldo or can't play a simple 5 yard pass to set him up.
Report olddesperado December 11, 2021 10:17 PM GMT
It's not going to happen overnight.

These players have had no or limited proper coaching over the past 3 years.

A bit like Liverpool when klopp took over they will get it right sometimes and look awful on others but hopefully it will come and get better.

Even in a bad performance like tonight you could still see the structure was better even if the individual performances were poor.

Ralf has a job on his hands and I wish he wasn't interim manager as there might be a more concerted effort to buy into his ideals.
Report olddesperado December 11, 2021 10:19 PM GMT
Yes don some of the decision making and implementation  in the final 3rd was dreadful tonight.
Report olddesperado December 11, 2021 10:26 PM GMT
Hopefully Ralf is trying to shape this lot up from the ole holiday camp.

He's already said he can't understand the decision to allow Pogba manage his injury in Dubai.

He reckons we have a top medical team and Pogba should be in with them.

I couldn't agree more,  I even said it the last time he did this with his ankle injury.
He regularly posted pics of himself dancing or playing basketball or lying on a beach and even fecked off to the USA  the one week the team went to Dubai for warm weather training.

He's playing the club like a fiddle imo.
Report duffy December 11, 2021 10:29 PM GMT
Lots of concern so far I'd say, certainly hasn't been a good start.
Report olddesperado December 11, 2021 10:51 PM GMT
I actually think it's been a decent start Duffy.

2 wins with 2 clean sheets and we didn't look like conceding in one of those games.
Today we could have alright.

But even though we didn't play well you could see the difference.

The players were still switching off but you could see them saying of feck I better chase back.
Hopefully that will become automatic.

It's a massive job he has but if I could see a style emerging before the season end I'd be happy.
The last 2 years have been groundhog day with no expectations or hope for us to progress as a team.
Report olddesperado December 11, 2021 10:53 PM GMT
I know we conceded in the CL game but that was mainly a second team.
Report G Hall December 11, 2021 11:00 PM GMT
Is Rashford good enough, I don't think he is top class.
Report olddesperado December 11, 2021 11:23 PM GMT
It's very hard to know g hall.

He looked a talent in his early days but in the most important time of his career early twenties he has been totally miss managed.

Not coached properly, not coached in a structure and allowed do as he wanted without consequences IE. Tackling running back challenging for the ball ,  off the ball movement,
Played with an injury serious enough to need an operation and most stupidly of all allowed put the operation off to allow him team up with his international team and set his recovery back months missing 3 months of the current season.

It's been a disgrace what they did to him or allowed him do to himself imo.

He could very easily never fulfill the vast potential he showed as a teenager due to missmanagement.
Report Racingqueen December 11, 2021 11:26 PM GMT
It's very hard to know g hall.

According to wiki, he has played 283 games

If you find it "Hard to know" after he has played 283 games, then the answer is no, he is not top class.
Report olddesperado December 11, 2021 11:33 PM GMT
I take your point and your probably right but I still remember the early promise.

I'd give everyone a pass regarding the last 3 years as they were allowed do as they wanted on and off the pitch.

The next 5 months should give a definitive answer though I suspect your right.
Report G Hall December 11, 2021 11:34 PM GMT
Cheers lads have to give him an injury free season to be fair to him, but he has a lot to prove.
Report Racingqueen December 12, 2021 12:08 AM GMT
This imho is the problem with Utd. They are giving far too much time & excuses to players who have had more than enough chances to prove themselves.

Ye must be praying Ralf is a decisive manager and does his job to get rid of these types in Jan or at worst at the end of the season (Pogba, Lingard, Rashford, Mata, Martial, VDB, shaw all out the exit door). I don't think Fernandes or Sancho are solutions either.

Modern football is possession based and Utd simply have not modernised. They average around 10% less possession than city or Liverpool. If you take a 90min game with ball in play for an hour, thats 6 mins+ where they don't have the ball at their feet compared to City/Pool. Over the course of a game & season thats massive. Pressing means nothing if you cannot then retain the ball.

the hope is that he seems to have seen through shaw straight away but its a massive road for Utd to win a PL unless they do a complete rebuild or city/Pool drop off.
Report olddesperado December 12, 2021 12:22 AM GMT
Yep agree with all of that racing.

I think Ralf is the guy to do that but my fear is Woodward will insist on commercial decisions.

Hopefully Ralf has the morals to walk if that happens.
Report rommel December 12, 2021 12:28 AM GMT
must say i miss OLE
Report duffy December 12, 2021 12:50 AM GMT
The last couple of games must have reminded you of him, they did me.

Ralf's post match interview was rather disturbing I thought.
Report G Hall December 12, 2021 12:55 AM GMT
He has to assess what he has, there is a big squad of players and he has to give everyone an opportunity would imagine,and then weed out those who he thinks are not up to scratch.
Report Racingqueen December 12, 2021 1:01 AM GMT
Gary Neville said he was shocked by lack of energy.

Gary must have amnesia and forgotten about the games against Watford, Leicester, Everton, Villa, City, Liverpool etc... Laugh
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 12, 2021 2:14 AM GMT
Where's the difference since OGS went?

Ralph can only pick the same players obviously and the performances have been give or take ........... the same!

I know though, it can't possibly be the players who are simply not good enough so I know what we'll do.  Let's get ANOTHER manager.  Then another one after that, then another.  Don't get any more players whatever you do it can't possibly be their fault.  I mean if we had De Bruyna, Salah, Diaz, VVD, Lewandowski, Haaland to choose from we wouldn't be any better!  PMSL

PS:  Sancho done barely anything now in what a dozen games roughly?  Where is this great player everyone talks of?
Report rommel December 12, 2021 3:24 AM GMT
LOU  i need a good working definition of "everyone"
Report grumpyjim December 12, 2021 7:23 AM GMT
players will get found out by the new man and realise a lot of them are not good enough ..unable to put his all   10 players into opposition box and no need to defend .. no need for a goalkeeper in box ? ....just as well  ,,DEGEA stayed put or we lose last night . ?  never??  lost the idea of defending firstly and   ,, still do not get ball nearly  enough  and retain possession  . Manager  HAS  a lot of work ahead .  his game needs working 90 minute players wanting the ball not signalling not to give it back to me after i pass it to you .. todays players believe after a few games at United . JOB DONE  .. work goes on every minute you grace that turf ..  Roy  Keane type players giving it every ounce of strength  in your body no longer exist at Theatre OF  Dreams .  soon be 9 years and not a lot to show for it .. rommel you canny make a purse out of pigs ears . one swallow does not make a summer .. or something along these lines ..
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 12, 2021 10:14 AM GMT
grumpy

Exactly.  He can only work with what he has and what he has simply aren't good enough.  So if Pep was our manager or Sir Alex we'd all of a sudden win the league and Champions League would we ............ with that lot??

PMSL
Report keano712 December 12, 2021 11:53 AM GMT
Used to love reading this utd thread
Now with LOUs nonsenical ramblings its just got tedious, I used to play alot of poker, and the saying went if you cant find the bunny at the table it means your the bunny,
Think the same goes for the embarrassing delusional fellow utd fans in your community, we all know one, I'm guessing LOU is still looking for his
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 12, 2021 12:19 PM GMT
keano

I'm being TOTALLY HONEST about my own team?

We're just not very good and need about 7 or 8 BETTER players to make a difference.
Report Capt__F December 12, 2021 9:41 PM GMT
What'sUp Doc >
Report sofiakenny December 12, 2021 10:18 PM GMT
howdy grumpy..Ralf is a great choice..second only to the Arbroath manager imo!
Report grumpyjim December 13, 2021 5:27 PM GMT
Dick and Ian would get my vote ..sofiakenny . this is different gravy we will find hard to mix properly .. We need to control the game from the oppositions   half   ..Now its called  .. Train the Brain .. 6 months new man has ..not nearly long enough with players at his disposal    .. A game every 3 days for a spell so no training ground for a good few weeks .. only man able to adapt to this .. is his dreaded   ? ..... Ronaldo ..  IF they can see eye to eye .. what the agenda is .. thats the starting point ..  Many have to lift their heads to see whats needed ..not sure maybe 6 can get the hang of a new beginning   ..8 and a half years behind us and agree its the only way forward . The future will depend on this man or a protege of his taking over in future .All the best managers want to be part of the Great Ship that is the  ..........ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP . Hold Tight FOR THE future of the club is at  ,,,STAKE .
Report grumpyjim December 15, 2021 11:21 AM GMT
now covid gets us a break .we really need time in classroom to set up the plan from new Manager .. if not He soon follows many big names out the DOOR  .. he needs a really strong fix that lasts to season end ,before some p45,s   are shown .  it gets sadder every move we make ..   Managers job now a very poisoned  ..position .  ole after 10 games winning .. looked a bit of a real chance before all going wrong ..
Report grumpyjim December 24, 2021 10:41 PM GMT
will try to catch up with   ptb   after the Christmas Break .  He is still going to games  ..so far .  but I miss him  will try again soon ..find out how he thinks future looks . ??
Report sofiakenny December 25, 2021 2:27 PM GMT
A quote from Dick Campbell..."If your players fear you but do not respect you then you're a bawheid!"
Report the_don December 27, 2021 10:42 PM GMT
Not sure what was worse, the Utd performance, Newcastle's time wasting efforts or the refereeing. Actually, it was the Utd performance.

De Gea, Cavani and Dalot the only ones to come out with any credit, Dalot stuck at it against their best player. The rest of them were way off it tonight.
Report HallGreenSpy December 27, 2021 10:54 PM GMT
Sorry don, that was fekking abysmal. 2 weeks off to play like that.
Report SirNorbertClarke December 27, 2021 11:02 PM GMT
New manager and coaching staff arrive with a new way of playing. It shouldn't really be a surprise if things look shaky.

Over the next few weeks Rangnick should identify the players who can and can't fit in. Things will improve slowly.

We aren't going to make the top 4 this season and we won't be relegated so there's nothing to get agitated about... until the closed season.
Report HallGreenSpy December 27, 2021 11:03 PM GMT
Nobby, it looked like Ole was still there ffs.
Report HallGreenSpy December 27, 2021 11:04 PM GMT
Btw a lot of the old coaching staff are still there.
Report SirNorbertClarke December 27, 2021 11:16 PM GMT
OGSs influence is still there. The new coaches have to drill that out of the players. That will take time.

How long was it between Klopp arriving at Liverpool and them seriously being a top top side?

No manager has a magic wand.
Report HallGreenSpy December 27, 2021 11:24 PM GMT
He said (Klopp) 5 years I think and he delivered. I believe this Ole clone is just interim??
Report the_don December 27, 2021 11:33 PM GMT
It'll take time of course, but some players have been underperforming for a long while now and you wouldn't bank on them adapting to new ways and improving. Some of the basics were so poor tonight, v Norwich and also several times this season. A few months ago you'd say we had at least a few decent players, whereas now you wouldn't be so sure.
Report rommel December 28, 2021 12:34 AM GMT
i think some of you are realising you should've stuck with a lejj,a lejj will always see you through;fact,Ole knows every brick at that club and face it boys thats what counts,he eats pisses **** breathes man utd,Ole was in the first phase of his rebuilding project and you didnt have the sphericals to just give him 2 billion
Report olddesperado December 28, 2021 9:08 AM GMT
Ralf will have his work cut out with this lot imo.
They've been allowed do as they want on and off the pitch for a long time now and some don't look as though they relish having to change.
The press seems non existent since the first half of the palace game and chasing back comes as an afterthought.
You can see the players losing the ball , standing still then realising they have to chase after it but are 3 or 4 yards behind at that stage.

Rashford and Greenwood closed down ole style basically just jogging up towards the player in possession rather than actually trying to win it back forcibly.

I'm disappointed in RR aswell mainly because like the previous managers he's watching this but doesn't get out on the line demanding they do the basics and up the tempo a bit.
Get on a few cases and try for a reaction.

Maguire was doing my head in last night in the last 15 mins with his strolling out with the ball and standing over it for ages looking like he was happy with a point.

There's big work needed but RR can help himself by dropping the players that look as though they are not up for change to improve.

Some managers have a tactic of leaving out a big name when they join a new club to stamp their authority and focus minds.

RR has any number he could justifiably make an example of.
Report rommel December 28, 2021 10:26 AM GMT
od,the majority of your players on the pitch can just ignore RR on the line,dont you ffff get it
Report rommel December 28, 2021 10:46 AM GMT
...and the last thing any player need is some chump yards away telling him how to play it while hes actually fffff playing it,been there done it son fh
Report lurka December 28, 2021 10:57 AM GMT
What is most shocking is that "Since last Tuesday and even more so since last Thursday, we had three or four training sessions of a high level", according to Rangnick, yet they turn in a lethargic performance like that.

"I didn't like the body language in some parts of the [Norwich] game. And this was also a topic when we prepared for today's game, it's an away game in front of 55,000 and we need to take the next step, we need to be aggressive and prepare for a difficult, intense game."

Unless there's more undetected covid in the camp, you'd have to wonder wtf is going on.
Report 1st time poster December 28, 2021 11:14 AM GMT
defensively he,s not worth a light so to put up with maguire trying to do a 90 mins slow motion tribute act of beckanbaur,koeman,pique etc trying to play killer balls out from the back is fooooking embarrassing,utd think theyve reinvented the wheel with maguire playing out from the back but every layer,manager,coach in the world is begging for utd coach ,players to give maguire the ball,must have most touches in every game for utd player
Report elise December 30, 2021 9:13 PM GMT
on a positive note they might have found a team in the north west they can hold their own with ....
Report olddesperado December 31, 2021 7:49 AM GMT
Pretty poor again last night although a bit better.

Still looks disjointed and no press although that might have been planned as Burnley knock it long.

I just hope he hasn't abandoned it completely.

Maguire still looks shot losing every challenge even aerial ones when he has someone on him.

Shaw his best game of the season and mctom relished the freedom of having matic sit behind him.
AWB did well defensively but shows no ambition to do anything with the ball other play it back or square. It's so frustrating.

DVB not starting let alone any minutes at all was surprising and more than likely RRs way of saying it's time to move on in January.

Body language much better,  it was probably discussed as no one threw a strop all night.

Fletcher almost seems the in-game manager these days.
Report olddesperado December 31, 2021 8:02 AM GMT
For all the talk of the excellent rebuild ole did it's hard to look at that team last night and see any more than 4 or 5 still starting next season if we are to challenge for anything.

Henderson,  telles, Bailly, Matic, Lingard, Pogba, DVB, Cavani, Mata and Martial all gone before next season.

AWB , Maguire, Lindolof, Fred, Mctom, Rashford and 38 yo Ronaldo probably not good enough to be in title challenging sides.

It was a pisspoor rebuild for 450 million imo.
Report olddesperado December 31, 2021 8:15 AM GMT
Add into the mix his cultural rebuild of pampering to them and making them soft.

They were whinging about the later training sessions and having to drive home in the dark.

Whinging about the fact RR put up booths in the canteen so only 4 could sit together to break up cliques.

Whinging about the harder training sessions.

Maguire as captain should be dealing with these leakes by confronting everyone in the dressing room and demanding to find out who's doing it.

From what I've heard and read he doesn't carry much respect from his team mates and maybe toughing up to them might just do that.

Anyway 3 years of doing and saying as the wanted will probably take a while to change and the removal of several players.
Report SirNorbertClarke December 31, 2021 7:40 PM GMT
olddesperado

Agree with most of that. Disagree about McTominay, I think he has the potential to be a great box to box midfielder
Report rommel January 1, 2022 8:47 AM GMT

Dec 31, 2021 -- 1:40PM, SirNorbertClarke wrote:

olddesperadoAgree with most of that. Disagree about McTominay, I think he has the potential to be a great box to box midfielder

OD,Serious q,what inestigatory powers do you think the capt has?what powers are vested in him?

Report rommel January 1, 2022 10:09 AM GMT
investigatory*
Report olddesperado January 1, 2022 2:47 PM GMT
I doubt he has any rommel but just to ask the question to everyone individually in the dressing room might just let them know the whinging and leaking culture is coming to an end and will be called out.
He's probably not that type of captain though and could even be the whinger and leaker himself.
You never know with that shower.
Report grumpyjim January 1, 2022 4:04 PM GMT
another great quote from  sofiakenny .. Managers job at united looks to be on the darkest side of the moon .. for near 9 seasons ..nobody capable who gets the poison chalice can make headway long term .discipline seems a lost cause ..Fans know the ship is rudderless .. as we created it with  the loyal support all this time what a great chance not winning anything no relegation threatening .. NEW BOSS must be just that and regain the dressing room again . WINDOWS OPEN  ...... now is his chance to     DO A  ....  R,R,   WILL FIX IT   ... has to happen .rediscover our roots in ,,,Manchester ,. comes with a C,V,  that says he is the Man .. Lets get it started . and keep him going forward or not at all .........
Report SirNorbertClarke January 2, 2022 7:20 PM GMT
The Press in England have next to no connections with PL players. The players simply do not trust them.

99% of the transfer speculation you read in the Daily Mail, Sun & Mirror is just bollocks. Why should we believe these papers when they report United players don't like the new manager and his ways?
Report the_don January 3, 2022 6:58 PM GMT
Watching this on TV after an hour and can't believe Greenwood has been taken off - far and away the best attacker so far today.

At least the formation has been changed since half time, can't rely on full backs getting forward as we lose the ball so easily and leave the 2 centre backs exposed. 3 CB and wing backs like now or 433 surely would work better.
Report HallGreenSpy January 3, 2022 8:33 PM GMT
Ole might as well still be in charge. Nowts changed after the first match. Where's the pressing gone?
Report the_don January 3, 2022 9:31 PM GMT
Poor first half, a bit better 2nd half until the late Wolves goal and you never really thought we'd get an equaliser. I'm sure 4 or 5 of our attacking players simply don't like passing to each other and it costs us chances all the time.

I can't really see what the new coach has changed apart from the first half v Palace and a couple of other 10 minute spells. Surely you don't appoint someone with a very specific style and then ask them to change it and surely Ralf himself hasn't decided to completely alter his usual tactics? Something, somewhere isn't making sense.
Report olddesperado January 4, 2022 8:48 AM GMT
It's looking a massive job now.
Serious problems at the club.

Is RR really the manager ?
I'm not so sure tbh.

This is nothing like how his team's are meant to play and his perseverance with the same old failures is baffling especially as some are not even his type of player anyway.

Why was the press dropped after the palace game ?

Why is Darren Fletcher almost a joint manager now ?

Is it a con job to make him manager in May ?

Is the two year " consultancy " just a way of buying him to do as he's told 're playing certain players for marketing etc.

We have history in that regard with Ferguson and his million a year board job for his no value in the market and "great owners" backing.

Are the long contracts to managers and coaching staff a way to buy silence when they get sacked a receive their pay offs.

U don't care what anyone says but Ronaldo is a problem.
Other than scoring his all round game is sh1t now and his goals have just been sucked from other players that were scoring regularly before he arrived.

We are actually scoring less now as a team than before he arrived.

But he has to play for marketing as has Rashford and Maguire.

It feels like it woodwards hand still all over it.
Report brentford January 4, 2022 9:03 AM GMT
Fletcher seems to have an unhealthily big role currently, has Ralf's full team not arrived yet or is it a choice to use some in house continuity going forward ?
if it's the latter they should probably bin it asap...all the traits of earlier in the season are very apparent...easy to play through, no real pressing game and when they do try it's unconvincing, shallow confidence amongst the likes of Sancho, Greenwood ...
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 4, 2022 9:06 AM GMT
Curse of the interim manager. Players just don't have the right level of respect as they know they can be there longer than him.

As for Ronaldo, surely there's a stipulation in his contract that he plays. Been stinking the place out for weeks, is clearly negatively affecting Bruno and other, can barely run after 70 minutes and yet starts every single game. A League Two manager would have dropped him by now.
Report olddesperado January 9, 2022 7:47 AM GMT
Some of the talk of a 500k offer to Pogba have been denied but what is fairly certain is they have a 400k on the table for him which he's keeping his options open on.
Absolutely ridiculous and goes a long way towards explaining why we are where we are.

His injury problems always seem to occur when there's speculation about his future and the return dates always seem to keep getting pushed back and under ole he was allowed spend his "injury" time abroad.

It's time this club copped on.
Report olddesperado January 9, 2022 8:13 AM GMT
And on a similar vein with all the players nearly out of contract or looking for a move now is the time to strip the team to the bones and start again.

Let go the want always and trouble makers now and in the summer.
By my reckoning we could rake in around 100 to 120 million from sales and save 100 a year in wages albeit new players would have to be paid.

EG. Lingard a minor player could surely get us 7 million now and save us 3 million in wages between now and the summer benefiting us to the tune of around 10 million.

Apply that across the board and the figures above wouldn't be too far out.

It might be hard to shift some players and we might have to keep some we would prefer to move on but a policy of not playing any player would probably move them on eventually.

For what it's worth and for various reasons I'd move,   Henderson ,Bailly, Taunzabe, Jones, Matic,Mata,Perriera,Chong,Lingard, Pogba, DVB,Martial,Ronaldo,Cavani,

It would leave a squad of de gea, Heaton, AWB,Dalot,Shaw,Telles,Maguire,Lindolof ,Varane, mctominay, Fred, Bruno, Rashford,Sancho,Greenwood, and all the kids and 3 or 4 signings.

Obviously there are some there I'd like gone as well but would be hard to shift for different reasons.

I wouldn't pay any player more than 250k a week again with 150 to 200 more the norm.

Ole/Woodward left us with a horrible bunch of player's and the sooner we cull it and restart the better for the long term.
Report olddesperado January 9, 2022 8:21 AM GMT
Anyway unfortunately this place is now mostly dead without Ptb and a few others and not really worth the effort typing long post like the above anymore so let that be my final words on united for the time being.

A once great club destroyed by the Glazers and Woodward.
Report lfc1971 January 9, 2022 8:45 AM GMT
A player scoring goals makes it easier for other players to score goals , not harder
Report HallGreenSpy January 9, 2022 9:05 AM GMT
Don't give up oldd. I like reading your honest assessments.
Report the_don January 9, 2022 12:44 PM GMT
Agree with most of that Olddesp, the Pogba situation crops up every year to 18 months - either get anything for him this month or say goodbye in the summer. Whatever he's on now he should be offered less, not more.

Would be great to have a big turnover of players and get people in with some kind of wage limit. Unfortunately paying higher wages is the way we get our targets these days, plus there is always an extra few million added on to a player when we are interested. Unless the scouting improves and we buy players and improve them I can't see this changing.

A lot of the above 2 paragraphs amounts to having players who will bring in money commercially rather than for their on field impact. I'd hope with Woodward leaving that this may change but I won't hold my breath.

Hope to see you still on here, it's a shame some others aren't still on here as you say. I don't agree with some of your viewpoints but if we all thought the same it would be boring! At least you put your points across well rather than posts from some of our 'visitors'. PS I'd keep Donny as I don't think he's been given a chance! Laugh
Report lfc1971 January 9, 2022 1:08 PM GMT
The answer for Utd is staring them in the face

At the end of the season make Ronaldo manager - with Ferguson as mentor
Report rommel January 9, 2022 2:01 PM GMT

Jan 9, 2022 -- 3:05AM, HallGreenSpy wrote:

Don't give up oldd. I like reading your honest assessments.

second that hgs,carry on od if you can

Report rommel January 9, 2022 2:07 PM GMT
what to make of pogba jeezus
Report brentford January 9, 2022 3:33 PM GMT
Anyway unfortunately this place is now mostly dead without Ptb and a few others and not really worth the effort typing long post like the above anymore so let that be my final words on united for the time being.

lack of response doesn't always mean it's not read and taken on board, odd'...keep posting imo...
Report brentford January 9, 2022 3:37 PM GMT
*old' sorry.
Report SirNorbertClarke January 10, 2022 8:59 AM GMT
Pogba is not playing because if he got properly injured it might put off rich suiters. He's a piss taker.
Report grumpyjim January 10, 2022 7:29 PM GMT
see what tonight tells us .. new villa manager will be looking for an easy scalp  ,for hanging up in the office  .looks as though its a real goer . after recent games are well buried . and out of site .. IS  ,, R R .  The real deal we long for  after some disasters .. Players are our future .. and in that we have very few stand outs to worry about ..  Time For  the CHANGE IS HERE   .... NOW  . No Tears  ,, from me my Handkerchief will be DRY ...  Golden Goose  is well and truly  Finished for   many . PLAYERS SOON . Football has saved us through the ..VIRUS ,,  Hardship we have all faced . Full marks to all involved in the success thats been achieved .. IN THE BEAUTIFUL GAME .  been tough going for us all .
Report LoyalHoncho January 11, 2022 4:05 AM GMT
Can any United fan tell me how this Fred keeps getting a game?  It is unbelievable just how negative an influence he is on this side.
Report Winner_Winner_Chicken_Diner January 11, 2022 2:27 PM GMT

A once great club destroyed by the Glazers and Woodward.

What happened that Pete stopped posting? The club has been out of control for a long time. As an example, Atalanta built their team for 40 million. Thats what having football men in correct positions can do for you who work with a manager of quality. Quality players are out there for a few million. The types who are hungry and see it as an honour to play for a big club.
Report SirNorbertClarke January 11, 2022 9:06 PM GMT
Who at OT is hungry?

Everyone on a good screw win, lose or draw. Players play sh!te and get picked for the next game. Without a complete gutting of the deadwood the club is only heading in one direction, down.
Report grumpyjim January 12, 2022 9:36 AM GMT
winner winner . ptb  is no longer able to join us ,,rolling dispute going nowhere really .. Details are all confidential but will  never be resolved . IN touch with him often and he is there at all games never misses even away games .. He is one of around 60 that go all the time real supporters ,suffering the down turn the club finds itself in .. Real terms , all or nearly all clubs and TV  have cast a 30 year long spell of take overs and new way the game finds itself in . No longer any or little connection to home areas and talent from within ,. Sold out the silver at every opportunity  .. we now live with the result .. TO  think a football player can command everything they wish for and more in some cases ,,Best of TRIED AND TESTED  Managers live and DIE  via WINS AND 3 POINTS Collected .. destroyed in the Beautiful game  as they jump into the  managerial roundabout .R R  latest to achieve what he can  ...as power is in hands of  others  . Players frustration of whats expected of them never able to fulfil  , any potential, they have as individuals .. at this highest of levels of do what you are .... told .  really RAW TALENT  in RED SHIRTS     Starting point 100 million .. plus add ons ..
Report G Hall January 12, 2022 12:53 PM GMT
Pogba is a prime example of what is wrong with football at the moment. Ferguson was correct to dispatch him.
Report LoyalHoncho January 12, 2022 2:49 PM GMT
You're probably right which makes it an even more momentous blunder to bring him back.
Which to every reasonable minded football fan on the street and in the stadiums was absolutely crystal clear at the time.
And if we accept that we know without even asking where the fault lies at the club.  Or did.
Report Racingqueen January 12, 2022 9:56 PM GMT
Only taken Utd 6 years to rumble Pogbas game ffs Laugh
Report SirNorbertClarke January 12, 2022 10:08 PM GMT
It's not Pogba's game. He's too thick. It Riola's game. He's greedy. (as are the Glazers)
Report LoyalHoncho January 13, 2022 6:41 PM GMT
I tend to agree.  Agents are the scourge of football fans everywhere because they have changed the laws of the game so fundamentally and are most responsible for removing the game from the ordinary fan.  Aided and abetted by unscrupulous managers who have lined their pockets during deals.
Report Racingqueen January 13, 2022 10:36 PM GMT
Riola represents other players. He represented nedved who was and is a total pro. Funny mino never caused issues there.

Mino does as paul wants
Report Winner_Winner_Chicken_Diner January 15, 2022 9:48 AM GMT
Cheers Jim. I used to chat with Pete now and then, going on 7 years ago on here. I was away in Canada. Good to hear he's well, anyway. All the best Grin
Report SirNorbertClarke January 15, 2022 11:53 AM GMT
Nedved was a very intelligent player, Pogba is at best semi-talented but a great athlete. He does what Riola tells him.
Report the_don January 15, 2022 5:35 PM GMT
Hope there's an alternate plan to the cup game as we were well outnumbered in midfield. Good to see Elanga rewarded for a good cameo and also Maguire still on the bench. Still would like to see van de Beek getting a decent chance.
Report the_don January 15, 2022 5:46 PM GMT
Always helps when the opposition keeper drops one in.

Looks like Bruno deeper in a 433. Gives more bodies in midfield and more freedom for the 2 wide players (Elanga and Greenwood today) which I think makes more sense than them having to constantly track back.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK January 15, 2022 7:54 PM GMT
Donny lingard martial and  £80m

For rice you Man U take that ?????
Report the_don January 15, 2022 8:45 PM GMT
No future at Utd for Lingard or Martial so no problems there. Donny wouldn't be missed as he's hardly been used but I'd like to see him get some game time.

The problem with this is that if we do get Rice (not a chance imo) we still need plenty more!
Report grumpyjim January 15, 2022 11:43 PM GMT
winner winner . cheers for your update .. will tell ,ptb you have been away .. likes to keep the thread moving if possible .. long nearly nine seasons in the wilderness .. GOD knows how many miles he has travelled with united to every game home and away ... numbers are down to around 60 ish now i think , DE GEA   doing his job a bit better with new man . R R  ,,  little to show he is the real deal so far but early days .. will need a lot of time with what he has to FIX .. Reported he turned up at training that week , and they were all on a day off .. he had OK ,d .. mmmmmm  pressure is on .. hope he finds strength from somewhere to stay in touch in top 4 .
Report HallGreenSpy January 16, 2022 10:08 AM GMT
Reported he turned up at training that week , and they were all on a day off .. he had OK ,d  LaughLaugh
Report grumpyjim January 16, 2022 11:01 AM GMT
now most poisoned chalice in the game . well paid only carrot dangling for take up of manager at united ,, all very sad indeed .. GLAZERS  and Friends , will be around for long and weary i suspect . club sort of lost in transit somewhere .. Seldom need to show up at all  ,work from home now in thing .. World Wide . some may show up a day or two once a week or month to see alive persons at helm .  Annual meetings for shareholders can be held almost anywhere .. and be over in minutes as all agreed beforehand via live systems .. all very nice and TIDY  .. BINGO  .. NEVER to be the same club we knew for ,,, SAF    ...26 years in job may well be a Record that stands for a long time in top division football .. Merry go round is still alive and more changes afoot in coming months ..who would be a manager .. still sought after jobs as they line up .. to take up the CUDGEL  ...
Report rommel January 16, 2022 11:52 AM GMT
boys,youve gotta stick with one man n back the bludger,Ole was rebuiding,lvg had a plan ffs.Jose was ffff special......ralf youve got five years n heres a ffff billion,make a dent you fff
Report brentford January 16, 2022 11:58 AM GMT
he's only manager till the end of the season though Rom'

need to hope Poch' or other decent act is available - and then that they get on ok otherwise could be toxic in itself..

played pretty well yesterday - probably first time since Palace (first Ragnick game) ...elephant in the room of course is that 'Your Ronasty' wasn't playing...Confused
Report rommel January 16, 2022 1:05 PM GMT
brent hes a genius,ok he's a theorist not yer akshuall hands on having to deal with them things called people,back him,5 years ralf,billion or 2,get on with it get ya vorsprungs out why dontcha
Report brentford January 16, 2022 1:09 PM GMT
Grin
Report SirNorbertClarke January 17, 2022 9:10 AM GMT
We don't need wholesale changes in the squad. We just need a manager who can drill a defence and galvanise the midfield and attack.
Report LoyalHoncho January 19, 2022 7:37 PM GMT
Whoever runs Brentford has seen the light and dropped Ajer for United's visit.
He was back to his abysmal worst at the weekend.
Ballwatcher and salary stealer of the first order.
United continue to play Fred.  It mystifies me.
Report grumpyjim January 19, 2022 10:43 PM GMT
a game that could easily have gone wrong in first half as DEGEA  made some good saves to keep the team in the frame .. playing with little confidence when pressure goes on  ,,,AS Manager tries to put the best players in the shirts .. A Tall order for a man from afar with little knowledge of MAN  UNITED   as   .not up to it Superstars  ..will in time be found out .   relishing watching the outcome of what lies ahead .  R.R.  seems a really decent individual  who I think has a plan to turn this around .  Fitness looks on the way up and playing as a team with a real mission .. is on its way .. cross fingers for a  serious change ..   and RED DEVILS ARRIVING TO CLAIM THE TREASURED SHIRTS ..
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com