Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 2 people viewing this thread.
14 Jul 18 19:07
| Topic/replies: 55,133 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
How it used to be Love

Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report duffy April 25, 2021 3:27 PM BST
Rashford is no longer fulfilling the potential he showed a year or two back.

To busy trying to look good to the wider public and forgetting about the day job that gave him his opportunities in the first place.
Report the_don April 25, 2021 3:45 PM BST
His decision making is very poor - trying to shoot or dribble with 4 or 5 opponents in front of him. I understand the threat of his pace on the break but he rarely bothers chasing back as he used to, unforgivable for me if he's playing left side.

Feel a bit for Dan James (and Greenwood) here. Ref has obviously decided Leeds can do as many trips and kicks as they like and those 2 have taken most of them. Otherwise the lack of composure and control in and around the box not near to standard today.
Report duffy April 25, 2021 3:50 PM BST
Crying out for composure in and around the penalty area and to that end he gives Cavani less than 10 minutesLaugh
Report duffy April 25, 2021 3:52 PM BST
Insipid
Report olddesperado April 25, 2021 3:53 PM BST
Thank fck that's over.

Shocking advert for the game
Report the_don April 25, 2021 4:03 PM BST
Thought Leeds never threatened so was expecting a late 1-0 sucker punch. They cause frustration with their man to man marking but we got into good positions and then let ourselves down with poor touches or shooting.

Defence and keeper pretty solid, Wan Bissaka pick of the bunch and looked strong on the ball today. Henderson in goal has helped but we are definitely defending more aggressively and restricting opponents to less chances since he came in.
Report olddesperado April 25, 2021 4:18 PM BST
Ole thinks we played well,  really well in fact.
Report rommel April 25, 2021 4:42 PM BST
its in your dna to play well
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 25, 2021 4:47 PM BST
Poor game, United by far the better of the two.  Some observations:

I think Leeds have been the worst team I've seen all season.  I know they can play better but they were truly awful today not getting near the United goal.  I don't think Bamford, their main striker even touched the ball.  They were shockingly bad.

I've said many times how Dan james plays for us I do not know.  All he is is a very fast runner.  He should be in the GB team for the Olympics not a football team.  Bar his speed he seems to have no control whatsoever.  Ball bounces off him, can't keep the ball at all, really poor and he always is.  I HONESTLY Believe if Doncaster Rovers wanted to swap their right winger for James I'd gladly say 'Yes' ......... how much worse could he be?

Bruno did nothing AGAIN today.  Those who think he's 'The Great Bruno Fernandez, a 9/10 player, Player of the Year' are just in cloud cuckoo land.  He's got something yes but for months now he's been very poor.  Once again how much worse could Doncaster Rovers' attacking midfielder do seriously?

I thought the defence played well, Wan Bissaka once again very good and improving a touch going forward.

As duffy said Rashford not great either.  Feel for him a little bit in that we're not that good a side but too often he's another who does little. Trys to do too much.
Report hardy eustace April 25, 2021 5:25 PM BST
CRETIN TEAM.
Report grumpyjim April 25, 2021 10:19 PM BST
HAD TO be at our best today .. far far  short . NOBODY plays the game for manager .. in fact Manager  never ever puts best players on the park .. POGBA   400 k plus a week .. FIT ??? 17 MINS OFF THE BENCH   .. gone on a ?? whats up now .. All I can see is a ploy and a message to the lads advisers his time is up .. Do not believe these lads know      .... is if not in Right frame of mind to play  .. best bring in a  Docs certificate .. Fans been great so far watching it unfold the .. PANDEMIC WAY  ..OGS  thinks all is well 10 mins to go decides there is a touchline here maybe show face for once ..  Opposite NUMBER   well you can see he has a real passion for the game .. AND   canny Believe his team has dropped to such a low level .. and not least bit amused ..   . OGS  best staying where he was as his team are mostly a LOST CAUSE MOST TIME THEY TURN OUT ..  ..AT back was Ok in fact an improvement ..  Defence Believe i ..the Keeper and not so much on edge .. UP front was abysmal  ,,,yet GEL AS AN OUTFIT    IT COULD BE MILES BETTER .. A TEAM   ... PLAY AS A TEAM  ..
Report cruso April 25, 2021 11:02 PM BST
Lets get hings in perspective..
Last season we were 33pts behind the scouse and everbody said we couldnt bridge that gap .. Well we`ve bridged that with 13 pts to spare at present.
Last season we were 15pts behind city ..now ten..
The away form has been been quite amazing overall in terms of results.
Criticising individual players dosnt help as its a team game and you rarely get all 11 putting in a 9/10 performance.
Yes today wasnt the result we wanted or expected but thats football.
The worst thing about the result is that it now puts city one win nearer the title.
With ECL as good as sorted it looks like Cavani was being saved for a mighty effort against Roma on Thursday, cant think why Pogba didnt start though.
The match on Thursday is the gateway to a trophy I would place as the third most important a team can win and something that Ole desperately needs on his CV no matter what he says about egos.
Report Capt__F April 25, 2021 11:04 PM BST
Come on Roma
Report the_don April 26, 2021 7:21 AM BST
Pogba may have been 'rested' due to him fasting during Ramadan. Maybe it was thought with games v Roma X2 and Liverpool coming up he wouldn't be able to play all of them - similar with Cavani. Also went with a very similar team to the 6-2 home win which I have no problem with.

There has definitely been progress in the last 2 and a half seasons - some periods of poor results but these seem to be getting shorter. The atmosphere at the end of Mourinho's reign and some.of the non performances at the start of Solskjaer's (Everton, Huddersfield, Cardiff spring to mind) are hopefully a thing of the past.

Getting back towards the top was always going to take time and happen in stages, I personally don't believe anyone has a right to be at the top just because of history/income etc but some fans want immediate success - that's football and that's life. Players getting criticised (and raved about) is also part of that - short term thinking and opinion forming.

Not sure what others think and there will be transfers etc but if I was pricing up winners of the Premier League for next season I'd only have us 4th favourites. City clear, then Chelsea and Liverpool before us despite probably coming 2nd this season. Illustrates more improvement needed in transfers and also getting more out of what we have (See Luke Shaw).
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 26, 2021 8:30 AM BST
don

Yes I agree we have improved a fair bit but we're still not that good are we.  I like to be accurate when assessing something even giving a half mark to get as close as possible and in my opinion I'm not sure I'd quite rate us as 7/10.  I almost want to say six and a half so still a way to go.

Pogba and Cavani probably rested for yesterday though I still can't for the life of me understand why fit professional footballers can't have a game of football at the weekend then have another game of football three or four days later what's the problem?  To me they could surely play every day if needed.

I suppose OGS thought we are definitely Top 4, can't catch City so not the end of the world to rest a couple.

I think next season it will be the same obvious 4 teams and you can forget the rest.  Just can't see Spurs or Arsenal being champions.  City are the stand out obviously though I think the other three are all much of a much.  Liverpool may well lose a couple of their big names, I don't think Chelsea are any better than us (6.5 - 7) so for me I'd make next years prices:

CITY 6/4
MAN UTD 4/1
LIVERPOOL 4/1
CHELSEA 4/1

You can forget the rest.
Report grumpyjim April 26, 2021 10:10 AM BST
Can take on board the religion  part of life ..  FUNNY  an avid West Brom fan  after cuffed last week insisted two players played had nothing to eat .. and played likewise .. MY BEST FRIEND    so had to console him that I had never thought about that position .. now its come up again .. Still of the decision Pogba  despite all his antics and ups and down OGS   inherited him .. and he no longer fits the bill . MR ED  on the rocks only confirms that his signing was a turn on   ,SAF ..for letting him away .. to prove a point of sorts ??.. WORLD CLASS ACT FOR SURE WE ALL KNOW  ..That...Only one we may ever have as we wont see many more .. on the Horizon soon .. NEARLY ..ALL United games matter .. no Bar on Colour OR  CREED   .. EAT OR NO EAT ...........a choice one makes .. over 8 years rebellious players ,poor performance for all managers .. took its toll and we were often a hairs breath  ..away from a good team  during that spell .. CITY got the man we had EARMARKED VIA a sort of mishap .. an understanding gone wrong .. ptb knows as do I  ..    LMTB  we are not that good yet .. but who plays   ..OGS  ..?  LOOKS A NEGATIVE sort of soul with a just carry on Mentality . PASSION LESS ,CLUELESS ,CARELESS ,Do the job you are their for and drop the all pals act with players ,,,put correct ones in the SHIRTS ,,,,  theres a GOOD MAN  ..   .. you need to win this TROPHY FOR YOUR FUTURE  .. as WE CAN SAY  GET ON WITH IT MAN  .........
Report grumpyjim April 26, 2021 1:39 PM BST
olddesperado ....... been around for some time ..  ?? it takes all kinds to make up this crazy world .. Patience required  ..WE are only here for a short time anyway ..opinion . at stake .. ?
Report pushkin99 April 26, 2021 5:06 PM BST
There are some very delicate flowers on this forum offended by everything however innocuous.

From past performance, its highly likely to be ratkins creeping round the forum gollum like, reporting every thread I make just because he does not like me.
Report pushkin99 April 26, 2021 5:21 PM BST
The moral of the story is oldesperate, if u cant take it Son, don't dish it out.
Report scaredmoney April 26, 2021 7:35 PM BST
CITY 6/4
MAN UTD 4/1
LIVERPOOL 4/1
CHELSEA 4/1

LaughLaugh spice , acid or pcp ?
Report pushkin99 April 26, 2021 8:10 PM BST
Every cloud has a silver lining and this season is no exception. If United had sacked 'Hole' and pushed out the boat to get Poch, with their huge resuorces, they would have been not only contenders for next seasons PL but the CL as well.

As it is under 'Hole' they will be as far away from winning the trophies that matter since SAF retired.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 26, 2021 9:31 PM BST
scared

Just my opinion.  Like I said I can't split the three roughly with City the stand out in front of them all so I make them odds about right.

We'll see ...................
Report grumpyjim April 27, 2021 11:12 AM BST
ptb the photo shows how it was  ,,  never bee the same .. it was a far better  ...INSTITUTION  .....AT THAT TIME  .. lost forever .. EVEN Seats now are in past ..atmosphere restricted all round the stadium  .Build as many soulless stadiums as you want  they never match up .. LOOK GREAT  and it ends there .. RIP  .. football as we know and BELIEVE in .. SAD SUPER END LEAVE OUT THE FANS  ....
Report grumpyjim April 28, 2021 10:19 PM BST
THE German Referee was strong no nonsense with these overpaid .   SUPER PLAYERS .. NO FAVS  .. all came the same .. and got it all mainly correct .. well done SIR  ..  A Breath of fresh air .. Walked of pitch and let them sort it out .. NO HAND SHAKING .  get on with the JOB  ...RIGHT WAY TO TREAT THESE GUYS  . FOOL ///  marks .. to you ..  MOVE ON .. KEEP IT UP  ..
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 29, 2021 7:13 PM BST
Before the game starts I want to make it clear that I've stated before I don't see how Maguire is any better than Smalling.  In fact I'd prefer Smalling of the two.

He may well have a howler tonight but for me selling him and paying all of that money for a 7/10 at best Centre Half was not a good move.

Just can't see how Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly are any better than Smalling.  Don't get me wrong Smalling not great himself but he's as good as that lot.
Report REDROB April 29, 2021 7:33 PM BST
Bar the keeper probably best other ten tonight.
Report Showrunner1 April 29, 2021 7:45 PM BST
That's a very sad indictment of how far we have fallen, when have McFred and Magalof playing
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 29, 2021 8:02 PM BST
I agree with Scholes.  Surely we can play ONE defensive midfielder at home (Mctomminay) and make room then for Greenwood to play. But he seems to like these two together, we're second in the league and another Semi Final so not bad at all to be fair.
Report REDROB April 29, 2021 8:05 PM BST
I like Cavani but without wingers or someone who'll cross the ball he has his work cut out to make an impact.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 29, 2021 10:03 PM BST
Great result in the end.  Thought Roma were just the better of the two in the first half but once again United seem to flick a switch and what a difference second half.

Cavani was great, Pogba good too, Bruno much better than of late but Rashford didn't do a thing.  I don't think the right wing suits so for me if you have to play Fred and Mctominay then Rashford drops out not Greenwood.

Of the penalties I thought the one against Pogba was very very harsh.  Technically a penalty I suppose but come on that's very harsh.  The United penalty against Smalling was just outrageous, suprised VAR haven't chalked that off.  Cavani misses the ball completely, they both fall in a bundle almost off the pitch and we get a penalty for that?  You know just because we're United fans we can tell the truth about this and the truth is that was just a ridiculous decision.

All good in the end though and surely in the final now.  Great result.
Report the_don April 29, 2021 10:05 PM BST
I see the pundits aren't admitting they were wrong in calling for changes at half time! Specifically Pogba who I always feel needs to play further up with defensive cover behind him rather than in central midfield.

Had some luck with their injuries, though they were trying to waste time from around 20 mins in. And our penalty never was in a million years. Glad we went on for more goals rather than slowing down at 3 or 4-2.

The stand out thing for me was how desperately poor Roma were. The players that came on for them were dreadful and I'm not sure how they've got to the semi final. Because of that I was still quite confident at half time as long as we played half decent.
Report olddesperado April 29, 2021 10:07 PM BST
That game just about sums up where we are imo.

Pogba, Shaw,  cavani and Bruno.

After that the quality takes a major dip.
Report grumpyjim April 29, 2021 11:51 PM BST
A few players short and we may be nearly back on track ..FORGET  who owns the club its lost in past .. JUST support them at home  from now on , OGS  seems to have aged 10 plus years since taking the job   .. Glazers in very long time as share dividends stay stable  then they will  be swanning in America .. owning biggest club in the world .. Paid in so its their club  .. Seemed a sense of wanting a WIN on the board tonight .. 1 ..  2  ,,,,, down gave them the jolt they needed ..  2 away goals cid not look too clever ..
Report spyker April 30, 2021 12:49 AM BST
Like the days of old bacon chops getting a pen like that.- must have brought back happy memories for you lot
Report grumpyjim April 30, 2021 10:00 AM BST
UNITED PLAYERS do not get a penalty .. REFEREE   ,,makes decisions some are questionable ?..UNITED no problems ,, have you .?  .only a game ..
Report duffy April 30, 2021 3:03 PM BST
OGS  seems to have aged 10 plus years since taking the job

Too true, he looks 35 nowGrin
Report rommel April 30, 2021 6:08 PM BST
boys boys boys dont get carried away,roma are 7th in serie a,this is the ropeyyyyy
Report REDROB April 30, 2021 7:13 PM BST
Get yourself ready for Thurday night footy at anfield next season romm.
Report grumpyjim April 30, 2021 7:24 PM BST
FOOTBALL FEAST  TV .   will return after this one is completed .. SOON no 3pm kick offs  .. the normal ..  Drinking outside watching tiny little tv leaving at half time as lockdown kicked in .. to finish watching in house ..   BEEN Great fun .  .. honestly ..   NO . ?? .......Worked in a pub at 18  years of age .. 9 PM  closing .. 11 am till 2pm and 5PM till 9PM  .. ?
Report rommel May 1, 2021 9:41 AM BST
well a biggie,hope we can give you a game at least sheesh,but we cant string a run of one at the mo
Report rommel May 1, 2021 9:43 AM BST

Apr 30, 2021 -- 1:13PM, REDROB wrote:

Get yourself ready for Thurday night footy at anfield next season romm.

looking that way Rob,think its an awful comp

Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 1, 2021 9:45 AM BST
Don't understand why Liverpool are slight favourites tomorrow?

They aren't their old selves at the moment and United going along quite nicely that whilst there would be little in it and it's hardly a 'Home' game for United I'd still make us slight favourites rather than the other way round?
Report the_don May 1, 2021 1:31 PM BST
They need a result more than us Lou, it's as simple as that really. Maybe a thought too that we'll rest players to concentrate on the Roma 2nd leg despite the first leg lead. I'd be surprised if there were more than 2 or 3 changes, Fergie would always try to play a strong team against Liverpool and City regardless of match importance and I think Solskjaer is similar.
Report pushkin99 May 1, 2021 1:32 PM BST
I saw it on the news yesterday, that United have reported that on-line abuse on their social media platforms has gone up over 350% in 2 years.

That is of no surprise to me at all, when u see some of the persons attaching themselves to United - such as the keyboard warrier oldesperate - who are highly abusive to people on the betfair forum, but as soon as they get some back they run away crying to others for help.

What is worse though, is that these same persons then go on to report posts from the person they have abused.

Nice! (Not!!!!)
Report PorcupineorPineapple May 1, 2021 6:51 PM BST
I think the players have given up Don. After last week I think top 4 is gone now for Liverpool. The energy and confidence has completely gone. There's a chance that there could be a reaction give it's United but given it's behind closed doors and it's a bit of a dead rubber I wouldn't be expecting much. I've backed 0-0 and am expecting a pretty drab affair between two teams who'd rather not be there.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 1, 2021 7:11 PM BST
PP

I still think Liverpool are in with a shout of Top 4.  Still four or five games to go all round so lots of points on offer.  Bookies make them clear 5th place finish but if Chelsea or Leicester slip up ...........
Report duffy May 1, 2021 7:31 PM BST
United will be motivated for a Liverpool game regardless of the circumstances.

If however for some very strange reason United do need motivating, stopping Liverpool getting a CL spot should be ample.
Report rothko May 1, 2021 7:39 PM BST
I think we will win Pop - like I always do
its pretty pathetic to give up hope
Dead rubber - you obviously have never been to a game between us and are just an armchair warrior

i went to the game when united where good - now they are happy to be second best to the oil/ gas state as long ae we dont win anything LaughLaugh
Report TheBetterBettor May 1, 2021 7:50 PM BST
..... but at the end of the day, for liverpool its really THEIR cup final

we really shouldn't concern ourselves at mid table mediocrity who are trying to cherrypick their way into top 4 contention.
Report PorcupineorPineapple May 1, 2021 7:53 PM BST
I think Utd are putting out a weakened team, hence the odds. They're all but through, but there's no need to take any risks to qualify. Still there may be some glory in beating the champions.
If there were fans there then I could see motivation in Liverpool having a go and having a giggle at the end of a miserable year but the players are clearly playing down time till the summer now.
Report duffy May 1, 2021 7:57 PM BST
I would have thought that Salah would be keen to end his Liverpool career on a positive note.
Report rothko May 1, 2021 8:22 PM BST
weakened sideLaughLaugh

this is a side that have the second or third net spend to the oil, gas state and the russian oligarch

fantastic owners who have grown the club and backed the managers
Report rothko May 1, 2021 8:24 PM BST
when was the last time united won the PL ???
Report rommel May 1, 2021 8:29 PM BST
cant we all just send some love to Olly
Report rommel May 1, 2021 8:30 PM BST
he's winged it for a good while now
Report TheBetterBettor May 1, 2021 8:48 PM BST
It's really their 'cup final' Im afraid. For me as a United fan, I see this like a Burnley game or away on a rainy night at Bramall lane

Not really that concerned if we only picked up the solo point tbh. In the greater scope of things we will pick up more greater results elsewhere, and shouldnt really concern ourselves with mid-table fare.

As I stressed before its their cup final really and hopefully they will enjoy their big day without causing too much trouble on social media

.. So we will play for 90 minutes, wait for the final whistle and then we will move on to more important things
Report rommel May 1, 2021 9:02 PM BST
had to look what the desperate chump was saying fh,3 times its our "Cup final",youre one sad ffffffffffffff
Report rothko May 1, 2021 9:05 PM BST
yes moving on to finish second yes SECOND in the PL - congrats
oh and the final in the ropey dopey league
you didnt answer the Q?

when was the last time you won the PL?
when was the last time you won the CL?
Report rommel May 1, 2021 9:07 PM BST
I see this like a Burnley game or away on a rainy night at Bramall lane...this is beyond parody,i think 99% of utd fans would say its a big game in any year,your self delusion is child-like
Report REDROB May 1, 2021 9:10 PM BST
I think it was in 2012/13 that utd won their 13th premier league title.
Report TheBetterBettor May 1, 2021 9:11 PM BST
gollygosh someone's tr1ggered
Report rommel May 1, 2021 9:17 PM BST
nail your colours to the mast you sad tw**,score then?
Report rommel May 1, 2021 9:18 PM BST
might give you a game seeing as its out cup final
Report rommel May 1, 2021 9:18 PM BST
our*
Report TheBetterBettor May 1, 2021 10:04 PM BST
^^^ typical liverpool, can't do anything without asterisks
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 1, 2021 10:21 PM BST
Have to worry for Liverpool to be fair.  VVD probably won't be quite the same player having had such a bad injury, Salah leaving for a bigger club, Mane too maybe then leaves you with:

HENDERSON:   Two or three goals per season, never crosses the halfway line, just a fifth defender.
FIRMINO:     Like our Martial often does absolutely nothing in a game.
MILLNER:     Was past it three seasons ago.
THIAGO:      Still waiting for his first good game of the season!

FULL BACKS:  Good going forward but can't defend.

Not sure they'll make Top 6 next year.
Report rothko May 1, 2021 10:33 PM BST
FERNANDES -lets pray he doesnt get injured otherwise we are f@cked
Report rothko May 1, 2021 10:39 PM BST
REDROB • May 1, 2021 9:10 PM BST
I think it was in 2012/13 that utd won their 13th premier league title

will be another 10 to 15 years  before they win it again
your the 3rd best team in madchester after city reserves
Report TheBetterBettor May 1, 2021 10:52 PM BST
Too many tourists on here.... They should really stay on the liverpool thread tbh.....Im surprised we got into so many heads
Report olddesperado May 1, 2021 11:03 PM BST
Personally I think it's a massive game for both teams and if I were ole I would be playing our strongest team and let Thursday take care of itself.

It's massive for us because we can seriously hamper a direct rival a chance to get 4th and all the benefits that will bring them for next season.

Better chance of keeping salah,  better chance of signing players without paying over the odds like we have had to do recently, better PL chance without playing Thursday Sunday half the season etc.

Other small advantages too but as they say 2,3 ,4 % can make all the difference sometimes.

Having said all that I doubt ole will grasp the advantages of beating Liverpool and will happily settle for a draw and be all smug and smiley after.

He has serious history of having  a moyes mentality against the big teams.

Anyway I'm busy tomorrow so will record it and watch it tomorrow night if I'm not too tired and if I am I'll check the result first.

Our games (Roma aside) are hardly unmissable tbh.
Report grumpyjim May 1, 2021 11:11 PM BST
OGS  needs to realise this is a game we must win ..more of a win than any other and surely the loss of players has taken its toll on POOL often a team runs round one player for all the main accolades they achieved  ..GREAT TIME for them and deserved at that time .. LOU  M T B   bang on the mark  a leader lost and rest have little idea .. LIKE  KLOPPF done great for them  .. Teams ?? Fall to pieces .. Chelsea .. Great Example  .. New man in Players busting guts for him all playing well above previous performances .. say no more ..  THE BIG WAGE Bill?  UNITED  have  ......YES  ....its time to show us the deal we bought into over 8 SEASONS  .. SOMEWHERE WELL SHORT OF WHAT WE DESERVED  ...  ...   LET us all enjoy the Real Biggie and best TEAM ON DAY WIN ..  no need for a draw .. We have watched some poor stuff served up .. both teams have been there before .. AND WILL BE AGAIN  ..  ENJOY the pandemic ...  NIGHTMARE   .. HOPING ITS OVER SOON  ..
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 2, 2021 7:48 AM BST
I actually think Ole will pick his strongest team thinking about it as there's no need to save for Roma as at 6-2 that tie is all over so can play a 'B' side against them.

I think United on their day beat them but that said too many times we struggle to score so I don't think 0-0 is out of the question.
Report rommel May 2, 2021 9:03 AM BST
Jurgen Klopp;"If i see Olly lift his trouser leg and point to that spot one more time......"
Report loui May 2, 2021 9:04 AM BST
Lou, you're assessment of Henderson was embarrassingly cringe. You obviously don't know much about footy with naive comments like that about a very good player, and excellent club captain.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 2, 2021 10:24 AM BST
loui

Sorry but that's my opinion.

He does score three goals a season, spends most of his time in his own half, he's never going to dribble round two players and display any fancy touches so for me he's very average.  How he is considered to be one of the best eleven players in the whole country and play for England is beyond me.

I'm not deliberately picking on a Liverpool player as I can see that the likes of VVD, Salah and mane are very good but for me Henderson is just a 6/10 average midfielder.  Being a good 'Trier' hardly makes you a good player, specially for one of the biggest clubs in the league.
Report PorcupineorPineapple May 2, 2021 11:09 AM BST
I don't know why you bother with him Loui. I blocked him weeks ago and from what I see from other people interacting with him I've missed absolutely nothing of any value.

There are a few Utd fans you can have a chat with, but he's not one of them. Just an extremely poor troll.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 2, 2021 11:17 AM BST
PP

If you've blocked me how can you see what I've written then!

PMSL  LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report grumpyjim May 2, 2021 11:25 AM BST
SOLID 6 OUT OF 10  or a 7 .. is as much of some United players have had for a long time .. Probably good leader in the dressing room .. That goes along way .. He has the T SHIRTS TO PROVE IT  .. Seldom was the boat rocked .. what you see is what you get with Henderson .. HAS a comfort zone he likes .. Doubtful he is the top earner .. but maybe his wages Tell  the story of the real value of the solid PLAYER  and sets the wage standard for the ..LEAGUE  .. GOD knows how UNITED HAVE PAID WHAT THEY DO ? Good Idea for the TOP ? 12 TO TAKE ON ALL THE NEEDY AND GREEDY OF THE GAME  .. AND  ,, let the game progress  .AS it is   really    pathetic to watch .. PANDEMIC DAYS   ..,, new level playing game for the real fans ..  EXIT  ,MR ED  ,  Money he brought to the Game is  .unbelievable .. IN fairness know nowt about him , other than  what ,ptb told me .. an that was not too clever .. ?GAME ON TODAY  ..
Report REDROB May 2, 2021 1:23 PM BST
I never want to play for another team, so why do I need an agent !

Said by a top top player for Utd in the premier era. A shame others cant show such loyalty and contentment.

And although to many the best Utd player in his time, was never one of the better paid.

Paul Scholes.
Report allyp May 2, 2021 1:54 PM BST
Lou's knowledge of football is limited to Panini sticker x/10 ratings.

Ironically,  jumps from thread to thread calling out people for being immature and to grow up, he  has a very childlike understanding of the game of football, and as PP says, adds nothing of value to a discussion.  That's because he can't actually have a discussion for the aforementioned reason.
Report loui May 2, 2021 3:00 PM BST
In a nutshell Ally
Report the_don May 2, 2021 3:26 PM BST
Aah, it looks from the warm-up like we're going for the little used '32-127-46' formation today. A bit worrying that a fair few look a bit out of shape mind......
Report grumpyjim May 2, 2021 3:43 PM BST
Paul Scholes .. Do not know if he stays near OT  ,  but was always many years ago was first to be seen around 12 30 for a 3 pm start .. Desperate for the game to get started .Totally Committed . TO Red Devils cause .. A great asset .. not one today like him,Sad to Say .. NOT HUGE MONEY LIKE TODAY ..  ??
Report hardy eustace May 2, 2021 4:38 PM BST
MANURE ARE SUPPORTED BY TW4444444TERS JUST LOOK AT THE NEWS!!!!
Report TheBetterBettor May 3, 2021 9:53 AM BST
Just goes to prove my point...

Some Man United fans would rather protest against the Glaziers and risk points deduction, than play liverpool the hyped up little club who needs to be constantly promoted by the @rse licking media.

In my eyes liverpool are just nothingness
Report 11kv May 3, 2021 10:52 AM BST
Stop paying the owners/Sky with your hard earned and they will leave.

Empty the stadium it will hurt them.
Report hardy eustace May 3, 2021 1:27 PM BST
LIVERPOOL ARE THE PINNICLE OF UK FOOTBALL.
CURRENT CHAMPIONS.
KINGS OF EUROPE ALMOST AS MANY TIMES AS A MANC FAN TOUCHES UP HIS SISTER.(RR BROTHER)
Report hardy eustace May 3, 2021 1:35 PM BST
DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT THE GREAT SIR ARSEN WENGER SAID ABOUT MANURE??

HE SAID THAT YOU ARE A CLUN THAT CAN ONLY BUY TROPHINES, AND NOW YOU CANT HAHAHAAHHAHAHAAAH

MEDIOCRE TO THE CORE.

THICKETS GALORE

SEE YOU SOON YOU TUUUURDS
Report olddesperado May 3, 2021 1:35 PM BST
What everyone seems to be missing is that this is not totally about united,  it's about every club and football in general.

Sheared and jenas on MOTD 2 last night questioning what it's about ,  souness (who I thought was smarter) thinking it was about lack of success ffs.

They were all very quick to whip up a frenzy over the esl but want the genie put back in the bottle now .

The majority of the protesters yesterday will be smart enough to know the glazers are unlikely to be going anywhere and if they do it's another absentee billionaire or a foreign state that can only afford the club.

So it's about holding them to account and letting them know enough is enough and they can't get away with any strokes they might want to get up to.

But as I say it's about more than united and I'd love to see some other sets of fans mobilise and hold peaceful protests against the owners and the way the game is going in general.

It's sadly lost its appeal for me but is not too late for others.
Report Callisto-moon May 3, 2021 1:40 PM BST
Why would fans of clubs not involved protest?
Report olddesperado May 3, 2021 1:53 PM BST
The game is near fecked and the club's have only themselves to blame.
Top players getting a million a week , good players 300k a week, average players 150k a week, poor players 100k a week ,  championship players on 40 to 60k a week.

Italian clubs are fecked as are the two big Spanish clubs .

I can't understand how the big 12 were able to get together and arrange the esl yet couldn't bring themselves to agree to stop payments to agents and cut about 30% offf new contracts to bring a bit of reality to their books.

Some clubs are now paying over 90% of revenue in wages.
Report PorcupineorPineapple May 3, 2021 2:00 PM BST
I think it affects everyone moonie. This is about the future of the sport itself. See, in itself the idea of breaking away from UEFA and creating a new European competition wasn't awful. Let's not pretend that UEFA or FIFA are the good guys here. They're awful, corrupt organisations leaching money from the fans.

But the problem with the ESL (for me at least) was in the idea of non-relegation for the big boys. The inherent advantage they'd have over all others to try and maintain the status quo. It's the complete antithesis of sporting competition. Football's bad enough right now but imagine the season actually playing out with nothing up for grabs as Liverpool and United both know they've qualified the the big comp already.

It's capitalism on steroids. It's looking at the sport and asking how you take the risk of failure out of it. And that's where we're headed. The current custodians of the big clubs don't care about the sport. They don't care about the history, about the fans' attachment. They may want the glory. I do think FSG for instance do actually want to win trophies, as opposed to the Glazers who clearly couldn't care less. But while the Arabs and Russkies bought clubs to whitewash their reputations, the yanks bought them because they could see they were under-valued and, with the right amount of good ole US capitalist nous, they could max out their investments.

The game has already slipped way to far into the arena of standard business ownership. Only by fans reminding them of the differences and how they can disrupt their day to day business can we hope to steer it back towards being an actual sport again.
Report Callisto-moon May 3, 2021 2:04 PM BST
well the fans of the clubs involved need to talk with their feet.
It would of affected every club I agree but at least the real fans would be left, the fans of the 6 clubs
could watch other football.
Report olddesperado May 3, 2021 2:08 PM BST
I doubt owners of clubs outside the big 6 would have said no if asked to make up the numbers callisto.

Everton , w ham etc would have been in like a shot if invited.
Report PorcupineorPineapple May 3, 2021 2:15 PM BST
In what way are Liverpool or Utd fans not real fans? Plenty of hangers on from overseas etc, but there are hundreds of thousands of decent people who support them. Can't be arsed with fans of other clubs acting all holier than thou when we've had no say in this and are trying the hardest of anyone to make the game better for all.
Report rommel May 3, 2021 2:39 PM BST
jeez pop.youre saying that youve got to live in the city that the club is based,whats wrong with over seas fans too?some canadian lads on youtube and they all love their footy and their clubs
Report PorcupineorPineapple May 3, 2021 2:58 PM BST
True Rom. I remember flying back from Milan a few years ago and chatting to some Swiss lads over for a game. Some foreign fans' dedication is extraordinary. I just found the idea of there being a difference between supporting Liverpool or Everton is clearly laughable.
Report grumpyjim May 4, 2021 10:16 AM BST
NOW THAT the clubs are almost GLOBAL  ONLY a few left   ?    not leading from abroad  .SOLD THE SILVER .. TOO LATE  ..  NOW too expensive to be bought back .. Shake my Head everytime  .......a report come out what  ....MR ED  was doing ..?   Must  be honest spending at level we did all these years was SHEER MADNESS  ..    Home to roost in a way .. THAT we are stuck in a Bubble .. that no   one knows the answer ... MR ED  got so much deals done at huge numbers .. HE GOES NOW   .. GLAZERS need to be left to get on with the situation they built at arms length .. from America  .  Stand back and let it unfold .. WE need a new chief with more knowledge of what fans expect for there CLUB   . Sunday was unbearable for united fans world wide .. PUNDITS need to go .. HAVE A BREAK  .. reconsider what they say in heat of the moment .. BATTLE  what ever we call it now ...  POWERS that run the game will almost certainly  SHIRK ON THIS  Issue ..  THE CLUB IS under the jurisdiction of the Powers they hold ..  can they use it for better of the GAME  .. set an example .. THAT THE CONDUCT WAS unacceptable .. FROM  all clubs SETTING this off   .. united FANS ??? ALLOWED TO GO TOO FAR ON THE DAY AND MOST REGRET  .,, Outcome  was 
Horendous ..  For the Beautiful GAME  .. United FANS stay well clear of the  .......FALLOUT ..
Report TheBetterBettor May 4, 2021 8:20 PM BST
PoP a tad upset on missing out on HIS cup final...

Don't worry son, We'll play you again in due course
Report pushkin99 May 5, 2021 9:10 PM BST
Sorry United fan boys, but u have the forums super troll, thebitterbighter, for posting this yet again on the United thread. Even after 10 years (thats right ten years!) it really has not sunk into this trolls very dense and thick head.

Rinse and and repeat for the forum super troll thebitterbighter. For anyone whom is in the remotest bit interested in why the forums super troll - thebitterbighter - has finally crawled out from under it's rock to bring up posts made almost 10 years ago (yes ten years ago) and to stalk me yet again, read on:

It was great fun and a lorra laughs, pretending to be a saints fan for a couple of months getting on for soon to be 10 years ago in February 2012!

In virtually every post defending Liverpool, Liverpudlian's and Liverpool FC from attacks by some of the forums most notorious bigoted trolls, including pbk/muffdan, wetbender, ratkins and thebitterbighter.

I loved every moment of that two months, taking United and Chelsea trolls to task and holding them to account for their bigotry.

I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Someone with half a brain could and should easily have quickly rumbled my little game, targeting Chelsea and United trolls while at the same time defending Liverpool!!!!!! Something well beyond the halfwits pbk/muffdan, wetbender, ratkins and thebitterbighter.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com