Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
14 Jul 18 20:03
| Topic/replies: 7,787 | Blogger: peter the butcher's blog
It’s the hot and giddy summer of 2018 when Ingerlaand reunited the country despite coming back home with nowt but pride. Still we caught sight of the finest Maguire since Adrian booted Cool Ground home in the Gold Cup. Worth a cheeky bid Mr Mourinho?

Of course our main targets are  Willian and Toby Alderweireld. Sadly Ed is still knocking on Romans door on the old Kings Road not realising the Russian’s visa is still in the same in tray as Geert Wilders. Meanwhile Barca have made two bids for him. Come on Ed, sort it out my mate.

Meanwhile Levy will still be committing the financial version of waterboarding  Ed until he pays 70m for Toby.

Anybody else coming in at the expense of a few leaving can only be good news.

Most important of all will be seeing a healthy Sir Alex sitting in his seat for the first match of the season #thoughtswithSAF

Big season ahead, can see us challenging for the title if we get the players Mourinho has identified

Love United, still hate the Glazer’s

BELIEVE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View MANCHESTER UNITED
Show More
Report themover May 20, 2019 5:19 PM BST
who would have thought it, a Liverpool supporter thinking their treble was better Laugh
Report themover May 20, 2019 5:21 PM BST
I am impressed though with all the United and Liverpool fans that have watched all of City's season to be able to decide if it was better than their teams when they won the treble. Thank you all for the support Mischief
Report PorcupineorPineapple May 20, 2019 5:39 PM BST
Would you say winning the FA Cup is more of an achievement than the European Cup mover?
Report themover May 20, 2019 5:42 PM BST
Well the four clubs that make up the two European cup finals were in the FA Cup but none of them won it.
Report themover May 20, 2019 5:42 PM BST
City were actually higher odds to win the FA Cup than they were the Champions League.
Report duffy May 20, 2019 5:46 PM BST
City need to win the CL before anyone needs to waste their breath deciding how good they are compared to previous champions, that much is clear, it contradictory on one hand trying to make a case for their "greatness" whilst they continually fail in Europe.
Report themover May 20, 2019 5:48 PM BST
Tottenham could win it having won 7 out of 13 matches
Report degsy42 May 20, 2019 5:59 PM BST
City homecoming parade tonight ,  will we see  Anxious sitting on the wall with his can of skol super clapping and cheering Laugh
Report Capt__F May 20, 2019 6:42 PM BST
he tagged 7pm till 7am
Report PorcupineorPineapple May 20, 2019 6:52 PM BST
So, to confirm, you think winning the FA Cup is a better achievement than the European Cup? Is that true???
Report PorcupineorPineapple May 20, 2019 6:53 PM BST
To be fair, once the Arabs go you'll way yourself at the prestige of entering the Johnstone's Paints.

That's only for the very best that one.
Report peter the butcher May 20, 2019 8:25 PM BST
You’ve got to hand it to City, phenomenal season but they are still missing a few key elements

One is the Champions League
Two is Kompany
And three is a crowd..........

Devil
Report anxious May 20, 2019 8:26 PM BST
Bale whilst still a decent player has a terrible injury record recently so would not fancy that , would he stand up to the pace and rigours of the  premier league at this point in his career
Report degsy42 May 20, 2019 8:35 PM BST
how was the parade la
Report anxious May 20, 2019 8:40 PM BST
What parade la ?
Report degsy42 May 20, 2019 8:41 PM BST
your noisy neighbours
Report cruso May 20, 2019 8:46 PM BST
Haha
May I plagiarize that one Pete ?
Report anxious May 20, 2019 8:46 PM BST
Sorry you have lost me there la , i was not aware of any parades today or in the near future
Report anxious May 20, 2019 8:47 PM BST
I remember the Whit walks etc through town but that died off now , parades nope you have lost me la
Report degsy42 May 20, 2019 8:51 PM BST
obviously not ventured out this evening , manchester is blue tonight la
Report peter the butcher May 20, 2019 9:04 PM BST
Lol cruso, yes of course mate. Somebody sent it to me Laugh
Report peter the butcher May 20, 2019 10:01 PM BST
What’s happening in town? Small random groups of people on different streets, are they waiting for taxis or something?
Report degsy42 May 20, 2019 10:16 PM BST
might as well keep the bunting out for next year as cant see anyone beating these two hats to the title
Report peter the butcher May 20, 2019 10:48 PM BST
A couple of years ago Pep looked like he was going to walk due to the way the press were treating him. I honestly thought it was 50/50 at that time.

Saw the interview when the reporter asked him about payments like Mancini got, Pep was fuming. Won’t take many more of those sort of press questions and I could see him walking.

Whilst he is here and keeps getting backed City will keep dominating.

Read somewhere that their net spend on transfers since the new owners came in is 1.2 billion.
Report peter the butcher May 20, 2019 10:50 PM BST
The interview about payments today I mean
Report anxious May 20, 2019 11:01 PM BST
Yes i dont think pep takes kindly to pressure , wherever he has been like at Barcelona , Bayern and now Wastelands he has had massive financial backing , new infrastructure so the reality is its almost impossible to fail but in small snippets we have seen he does not like questioning of any sustained form , if things went slightly awry i think he would be off like a shot
Report anxious May 20, 2019 11:09 PM BST
The bigger issue is the financial dealings at the Oil Rig , this CFG group buying stakes into 5 or 6 clubs all over the show especially Girona where peps brother bought 44 per cent stake and the CFG bought another 44 per cent total 88 per cent share of club , ironically girona have just been relegated will the CFG now finance them even more
Report OnePercenter May 21, 2019 8:03 AM BST
themover having to post on this thread because the City thread has died on its arse LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report OnePercenter May 21, 2019 8:07 AM BST
When Pep is stressed he keeps touching his nose like something up there is an irritant. Curious behaviour.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER May 21, 2019 8:12 AM BST
I know the seasons only just ended but seems like the dof role is not sorted if this is to happen then shouldn’t it have really been sorted by now as if this structure is adopted he must have the say on players coming and going

Must be behind the scenes developments otherwise it’s going to get pretty rushed I have my doubts if this will happen but I’m told it will by people who know more about it

Press will link everyone under the sun to signing so hard to gauge what’s actually going on but it’s short pre season with Europa starting and the international comp also
Report OnePercenter May 21, 2019 9:48 AM BST
Do you need a DoF if the style of football you want to play is set in stone and you have a solid set of criteria to follow when buying and releasing players?

Play with attacking flair, buy talent with real character who really want to play for the club.

No more Sanchez's or Pogbas or Rojos
Report PorcupineorPineapple May 21, 2019 11:03 AM BST
Who sets that style of play though?

Fergie might have used. Not as much as some would like to believe but still.

But would you have said Moyes, LVG or Jose ever set their teams up to play with flair.

So who's going to set this style in stone seeing as managers come and go? Ed?
Report MrMeaner May 21, 2019 11:50 AM BST
who would have thought it, a Liverpool supporter thinking their treble was better

Well seeing as we both won the league & League cup, are you saying your FA Cup win trumps our European Cup victory ?
Report OnePercenter May 21, 2019 12:17 PM BST
If the style of play is set in stone then obviously any manager has to agree to that before he applies for the job.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER May 21, 2019 12:36 PM BST
A new manager coming in will have a philosophy and a preferred style of play however not all the players will be able to adapt or perform to that level

So he will have to identify players who can ship out those who can’t its got to be one of he easiest jobs in the country maybe world as dof to improve United

Endless amounts of money available no real pressure to get it right first season because expectations are so low there are players at clubs in mid to lower prem teams who would improve it and also some championship players

Simply cherrypick players from lower clubs who are better than you have no need to try and buy elite names if your renovating a mansion shop at Harrodsburg when your attempting to rebuild a council house next or primark will suffice
Report OnePercenter May 21, 2019 12:45 PM BST
No the manager either plays the United way with the player bought to play that way or he's not hired.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER May 21, 2019 12:53 PM BST
Daniel James from Swansea he’s very fast young winger first signing
Report OnePercenter May 21, 2019 12:55 PM BST
Di Maria bought for around £60m sold for £44m. A £16m loss.

Given United have to share profits with their shirt sponsors it's highly likely they would have to sell 500,000 (£32 cut per shirt) to 1,000,000 (£16 cut per shirt) in the single season he was at the club.

Given those figures the notion of United making a profit on the Argentinian bottler would seem to be a little far fetched.
Report OnePercenter May 21, 2019 1:09 PM BST
If Daniel James does sign for United let's hope he's more Andri Kanchelskis than Antony Martial.
Report themover May 21, 2019 1:17 PM BST

May 21, 2019 -- 8:03AM, OnePercenter wrote:

themover having to post on this thread because the City thread has died on its arse

More talk about City on here than the City one Wink

Report OnePercenter May 21, 2019 3:07 PM BST
Here's some more...

Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain are “playthings of a state” who should be kicked out of European competition for violating Financial Fair Play rules, the La Liga president has said.
Report OnePercenter May 21, 2019 3:08 PM BST
Tebas reserved his fiercest criticism for Manchester City and PSG, whom he warned were putting the entire football industry at risk because of their massive spending power and behaviour.

“There are clubs who could not care less what their real incomes are when they want to sign a player because they receive incomes from a state,” said Tebas, citing City and PSG by name. “It forces other clubs into an economic situation which is really living on the edge. It skews the balance of the entire European football structure.
Report OnePercenter May 21, 2019 3:14 PM BST
Manchester City secretly paid Roberto Mancini £1.75m into offshore account, leaked documents claim

Manchester City could face questions from HM Revenue & Customs after it was claimed they secretly doubled manager Roberto Mancini's salary by funnelling £1.75milllion into an offshore account.

Tax inspectors are said to be keeping a close watch after City were accused of manipulating their wage bill by paying Mancini £1.45million as his base club salary in 2011, while also rewarding him even more handsomely as an adviser for another club owned by Sheikh Mansour.
Report OnePercenter May 21, 2019 3:15 PM BST
No smoke without fire. The net is closing in.
Report duffy May 21, 2019 3:17 PM BST
And when it all shakes down the authorities will bottle it and City won't receive any bans, and even if they did, their lawyers would tie the whole thing up in knots for ever and a day.  there's plenty of noise and not much else IMO.

Hope I'm wrong.
Report OnePercenter May 21, 2019 3:23 PM BST
Explains why Pep was so wound up by that reporter's question.

I doubt he's worried about HMRC though. More likely he is bricking it about the Spanish tax authorities. They dish out punitive fines.
Report PorcupineorPineapple May 21, 2019 3:28 PM BST
Aren't Madrid essentially funded by the Spanish govt?

Bit rich for them to complain.
Report OnePercenter May 21, 2019 3:33 PM BST
RM were in the past I doubt they are now.

RM and Barca share 75% of TV money
Report sofiakenny May 21, 2019 3:37 PM BST
Real have been bankrolled for decades by the bank of madrid..interest free loans for huge amounts common.
Report duffy May 21, 2019 3:40 PM BST
It's a bit rich for any of us to complain, yes United, Liverpool may well be generating their money through the club itself but it's still all essentially about moaning cause they've got more money than us which is really just sour grapes.
Report themover May 21, 2019 3:40 PM BST
The "elite" clubs trying to protect their own interests. That is all it is and always has been.
Report OnePercenter May 21, 2019 3:44 PM BST
Err.... it's about corruption and tax evasion.
Report duffy May 21, 2019 3:51 PM BST
What would you do if it was your club, abandon them?

Your average fan couldn't give a fook about it, if the trophies come you may get some token moralizing about the source of the money, but they'll take it.

Surely you don't think that every City fan cheering the success is morally bereft.
Report OnePercenter May 21, 2019 4:01 PM BST
The UAE of which City's owner is deputy PM  is currently funding a proxy war in Yemen.

If the Glazers were funding an enterprise that killed innocent men, women & children everyday I wouldn't be supporting Man It's.
Report duffy May 21, 2019 4:10 PM BST
I admire your principals.
Report themover May 21, 2019 4:10 PM BST

May 21, 2019 -- 3:40PM, themover wrote:

The "elite" clubs trying to protect their own interests. That is all it is and always has been.

You mean like Alexis Sanchez. How about waiting to find out if City are guilty first?

Report themover May 21, 2019 4:14 PM BST

May 21, 2019 -- 3:44PM, OnePercenter wrote:

Err.... it's about corruption and tax evasion.

wrong quote Laugh

Report themover May 21, 2019 4:20 PM BST
https://thearabweekly.com/uae-works-safeguard-un-peace-efforts-yemen
Report themover May 21, 2019 4:21 PM BST
“The situation in Yemen continues to be difficult and the UAE and Saudi Arabia are, through joint efforts, trying to eliminate the humanitarian suffering of Yemenis,” Hashimi said.

The UAE-Saudi relief efforts will work with the World Health Organisation, contributing $20 million to combating the spread of cholera, Hashimi said.

Since 2015, the UAE has provided $5.4 billion in assistance to Yemen, reaching out to some 17.2 million individuals, including 11.2 million children.
Report themover May 21, 2019 4:25 PM BST
Hopefully 1p will send thanks to Man City for their contribution to the war in the Yemen Laugh
Report OnePercenter May 21, 2019 5:16 PM BST
Amnesty international says... Yemen: UAE recklessly supplying militias with windfall of Western arms

I think you'll find a RPG trump's Humanitarian aid.
Report OnePercenter May 21, 2019 5:21 PM BST
Personally I think Amnesty International is a lot more likely that The Arab Weekly to be factual.
Report duffy May 21, 2019 5:24 PM BST
It's a mystery how the City owners passed the "fit and proper person" criteria when purchasing the club?
Report OnePercenter May 21, 2019 5:27 PM BST
As someone once said, money doesn't talk it swears.
Report themover May 21, 2019 5:32 PM BST
As the worlds richest club for many years, United would know all about that.
Report themover May 21, 2019 5:33 PM BST
1p I appreciate you cherry pick certain reports to attempt to support your argument but you can make your own mind up.
Report themover May 21, 2019 5:38 PM BST
...and of course anything that goes wrong in Yemen is the fault of the deputy prime minister who happens to be City's owner Laugh
Report Capt__F May 21, 2019 6:08 PM BST
please ^ stick to the city thread
Report OnePercenter May 21, 2019 6:20 PM BST
Not cherry picking any reports. The ONLY report that is believable is the Amnesty International report. They are the only independent people on the ground.

And YES I do think a Deputy Prime Minister has to be held accountable for his government's actions.
Report degsy42 May 21, 2019 7:18 PM BST
boring , so what city have a lot of money , utd have spent sh1tloads and are still crap ,  therefore good management is the key , no
Report Capt__F May 21, 2019 8:36 PM BST
utd kneed a boss who understands a good knit job
Report bigH May 21, 2019 8:51 PM BST
PorcupineorPineapple 21 May 19 15:28 Joined: 03 Dec 15 | Topic/replies: 7,757 | Blogger: PorcupineorPineapple's blog
Aren't Madrid essentially funded by the Spanish govt?

Bit rich for them to complain.

Nailed it.

Bot as if it hasn't been happening for 40 years already, just by different clubs

Previously it was Real, Juve, United, Chelsea who had the most money - now it's City and PSG

You've still got to spend it wisely
Report anxious May 21, 2019 9:43 PM BST
Just to say tommorow is the 2nd anniversary of the Bomb at the Manchester Arena , RIP to those who lost loved ones from all Mancunians
Report OnePercenter May 21, 2019 9:52 PM BST
City run by a corrupt war monger responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent men women and children.

degsy42
boring

Report Solano1 May 21, 2019 9:55 PM BST
Two years, Anx.
Where the **** does the time go?
Longer for loved ones left behind, no doubt. Sad
Report degsy42 May 22, 2019 4:23 AM BST

May 21, 2019 -- 9:52PM, OnePercenter wrote:

City run by a corrupt war monger responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent men women and children.degsy42boring96

F@ck off with you copying and pasting certain bits to suit your agenda , i said boring about the money situation  ,  you whopper

Report OnePercenter May 22, 2019 7:35 AM BST
The money situation is tied in with the whole nature of the ownership.

City are owned by a state who observe no rules. Even murder is acceptable as a means to an end in Arab dictatorships.

I agree most fans couldn't give a **** about who bankrolls their dreams.

Personally I couldn't support United if they were owned by an evil state.

Imagine cheering your team on while innocent children die in the owners proxy war.

Instagram that Raheem.
Report PorcupineorPineapple May 22, 2019 8:40 AM BST
As if you wouldn't be like anyone else and just tie yourself in loops trying to justify it.

Football is tribal. You're not going to suddenly stop supporting Utd. What is your support anyway? Last I remembered you don't go to any games but watch on tv. Are you trying to kid us that you'd stop?

You're clearly just desperate to see Utd get back on top and see this as sone way to achieve that. In your mind, you posting on an anonymous betting forum in some way increases the pressure on UEFA or whoever to look into City's finances and football's ownership rules.

But don't kid us you give two squits for the situation in Yemen. It's merely expedient. A stick to hit City with and try to slightly diminish their achievements.

Just what fans of rival teams gave always done. We love trying to take the moral high ground. Just try not to be so transparent in what you're trying to do.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER May 22, 2019 10:32 AM BST
If that is his moral stance then I’m certainly not going to deride it in anyway but most people or countries who have vast wealth have usually gained it on the back of others less fortunate or taken advantage of any situation that increases their position

These owners may well probably certainly have used sport as a vehicle to promote a positive side to their image but as pointed out fans of teams trying to compete with them probably speak through gritted teeth

The average football fan doesn’t care less who owns them if they are successful many here will say they would hate their clubs to be owned by such people

However in reality every fan wants their club to be winning trophies to be seeing the top players at their clubs and if city had not got the success and likely domination for a few years or longer no one would even mention the morals of the owners

They would simply mock them I’m sure they have been very ruthless on and off the pitch to make city what they are currently and what they may become

They have simply signed the best manager available at the time some shrewd coaches and staff and some very good players but they signed them players and progressed them

It’s not like they just went out and bought Messi Ronaldo they signed ex Chelsea spurs Liverpool Everton players you have to be impressed at what they have done

And yes money talks money swears but there’s plenty who have had and gone bankrupt financially and morally
Report OnePercenter May 22, 2019 11:32 AM BST
But don't kid us you give two squits for the situation in Yemen. It's merely expedient. A stick to hit City with and try to slightly diminish their achievements.

What is going on in Yemen is disgusting and please don't presume I am as uncaring as yourself.
Report PorcupineorPineapple May 22, 2019 12:34 PM BST
Yeah, sure.
Report themover May 22, 2019 3:06 PM BST
No thanks yet from 1p to the UAE for their $5 billion humanitarian aid contribution to the Yemenis.
Report sadlers May 22, 2019 3:42 PM BST
Utd fans are going to have to accept that their era has come to an end ,just as it did for Liverpool.For all those that say being able to spend a lot of money is the secret to success,Utd have spent fortunes on players since Ferguson left ,aint really worked has it?
Report rothko May 22, 2019 6:43 PM BST
so people don't care about genocide because its not happening on their doorstep

there are really some disgusting people who post on here
Report rothko May 22, 2019 6:59 PM BST
ive never agreed with anything you've ever posted before 1p but you are spot on on this issue
Report OnePercenter May 22, 2019 7:16 PM BST
themover
No thanks yet from 1p to the UAE for their $5 billion humanitarian aid contribution to the Yemenis

You quoted The Arab Weekly a newspaper that is given away on Etihad Airways.

Find an independent source to verify the figures and I will acknowledge their humanitarian work.

I gave you a quote from Amnesty International about the UAE government flooding Yemen with arms. Any chance of you acknowledging their leading role in causing this tragedy?
Report OnePercenter May 22, 2019 7:36 PM BST
Thank you rothko
Report themover May 22, 2019 7:36 PM BST
It's registered in the UN's Financial Tracking Service.

"The UAE’s humanitarian campaign, represented by the Emirates Red Crescent (ERC), has stepped up operations since 2017. It has provided aid to support humanitarian and reconstruction efforts across several liberated Yemeni governorates"
Report themover May 22, 2019 7:42 PM BST
https://fts.unocha.org/appeals/675/flows?order=directional_property&sort=asc...
Report themover May 22, 2019 7:42 PM BST
https://fts.unocha.org/appeals/675/
flows?order=directional_property&sort=asc&page=2#search-results
Report OnePercenter May 22, 2019 7:57 PM BST
Ah so after funding a proxy war to get rid of the people they didn't want in power they are now rebuilding it for the people they do want in power.

How kind of them.

Are they resurrecting any of the thousands and thousands of innocents caught in the middle of this war they have waged?
Report themover May 22, 2019 8:05 PM BST
They are supporting the original Yemeni government that the Houthi's displaced, as are the West and the U.S.
Report OnePercenter May 22, 2019 8:26 PM BST
There is support and support.

The UAE's idea of support results in thousands and thousands of deaths.

I don't believe the west's support involves dead civilians.
Report jollyswagman May 22, 2019 8:28 PM BST
we supply bombs to saudi arabia although i am not sure if we supplied the bomb they used to blow up a bus full of school children.
Report themover May 22, 2019 8:44 PM BST
1p you move from one debate to another when you have been proved wrong, I'll leave you to it.
Report OnePercenter May 22, 2019 9:42 PM BST
The debate is simple. Are City's owners complicit in the deaths of thousands and thousands of deaths in Yemen? The answer pretty clearly is yes.

I'm not surprised you've given up trying to defend them.
Report OnePercenter May 22, 2019 9:44 PM BST
Jollyswagman it beggars belief the UK government sells arms to the middle East. It's a complete disgrace which no decent person could ever attempt to defend.
Report rothko May 22, 2019 10:24 PM BST
this article was from about 18 months ago by a respected  human rights activist

https://thebrokenelbow.com/2017/12/19/the-other-side-of-the-manchester-city-...
Report pushkin99 May 23, 2019 9:56 PM BST
What's wrong with the fabricator?

Not telling his usual lies, untruths and fabrications about me?

Maybe he has been satisfied by patting little sophie on her head?
Report pushkin99 May 25, 2019 10:04 PM BST
U. N. I. T. E. D, brian robson's got vd, with a nick nack paddy whack, give a dog a bone, manu **** off home!!!!!!!!!!!!

the old ones are always the best LaughLaughLaugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com