Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
akabula
04 Jul 18 19:03
| Topic/replies: 41,098 | Blogger: akabula's blog
For all things Rangers.
Pause Switch to Standard View GLASGOW RANGERS
Show More
Report akabula December 9, 2020 12:20 AM GMT
Laugh
Report akabula December 9, 2020 12:48 AM GMT
A sight to behold
Report stewarty b December 11, 2020 3:55 PM GMT
themightymac
Date Joined: 05 Apr 02
Add contact | Send message
09 Dec 20 01:18Joined: 05 Apr 02 | Topic/replies: 29,083 | Blogger: themightymac's blog
For Stewarty`s sake I hope they win the next 4 ot 5 titles before he goes bankrupt buying stamps.

I really enjoy banter mac but this one has went over my head. Probably have my dunce cap on when explained.
Report stewarty b December 11, 2020 4:10 PM GMT
I get your drift now mac.Happy Took a while to sink in but as it happens I don't buy them. If posting a letter miss stew's boss has the privilege of paying for postage.
Report akabula December 12, 2020 11:27 PM GMT
Fantastic display in Poland on Thursday night with even the Polish press praising the Gers.
What a finish from Itten. Must confess I thought he'd taken the ball too wide.
The second was the icing on the cake. Total control throughout.
The improvement is immense and have resulted in much needed income at this time of no fans.
Biggest problem for SG is which keeper to pick. Certainly the best 2 in Scotland.

Dun Utd away tomorrow and I'm looking for a convincing win for the Gers of 3-0 .
Report akabula December 12, 2020 11:31 PM GMT
Lennon really unhappy as he hears the celtic board (or is that bored) have went behind his back and approached the Iceland manager.
Seemingly if he says no then the Farmfoods manager is next in line.
Report akabula December 13, 2020 9:01 PM GMT
2-1. Happy with the 3 points but we were wasteful in front of goal.
Morelos looks overweight and I think his chances are running out.
I would prefer Roofe down the middle with Itten to his right.
We dominated most of the game especially the 2nd half but always dicey with just the one goal lead.
Report akabula December 13, 2020 9:56 PM GMT
What a free kick from Tavernier. As good as you'll ever see.
17 goals and before you mention penalties he has had more goals from open play than Edouard and Christie combined.
Surely the standout for player of the year even at this early stage.
Report stewarty b December 14, 2020 8:06 PM GMT
Tavernier is our best player. (IMHO) The problem is I don't know how long he has left in his contract. Other big clubs are bound to be sniffing about. If I was Gerrard I would go to the board asking to double his wages and get him on a minimum four year extension.
Report akabula December 14, 2020 10:33 PM GMT
Tav is contracted to Rangers until May 31st 2022.
He is 29yo and Rangers will probably offer him an extended contact in May next year.
Report akabula December 14, 2020 11:48 PM GMT
Celtic AGM.
Resolution 11, formerly known as Resolution 12.
Fails to pass.
For 2.82%
Against 97.18%

Never give up bhoys. Always cheers me up when I hear of this. Absolute mugs.
Report akabula December 14, 2020 11:54 PM GMT
Royal Antwerp v Rangers
Good draw and Rangers will be odds on to qualify.
Report themightymac December 15, 2020 12:14 AM GMT
Bye into the next round. 2/7 to Qualify.
Report akabula December 15, 2020 12:58 AM GMT
Yes the draw was kind to us Mac.
They are in joint 7th place in their league along with Standard Liege with 25 points after 16 games.
Report stewarty b December 15, 2020 4:59 PM GMT
Hope we can qualify into the last 16 and get an interesting draw. Four English clubs left. I wouldn't mind having a crack at any of them while we are on blistering form. Who knows, perhaps we could meet an English side in the quarters.
Report themightymac December 15, 2020 6:04 PM GMT
I watch quite a bit of Belgian league football and I would say that Standard Liege are a much better side than Antwerp and I can`t see Rangers having much problems with them, but you just never know for sure. They need a good run to keep Scotland`s current UEFA proficiency mark, which gives us two Champions League places next season but Czechs are creeping up on us.
Report stewarty b December 15, 2020 6:38 PM GMT
Morelos out for the next two games after a stupid elbow job. Yes we can score goals from all over but the way things are going we cannot depend on Defoe for the answer. Perhaps Gerrard will be eyeing up a new striker because in the last six games we have won most of the goals have come from midfield.

Personally I would take 10 million (or less?) for Morelos and invest in someone who is a true centre forward and can take advantage of all the chances we are creating. And make no mistake we are creating chances but you need someone to tuck them away.
Report akabula December 15, 2020 10:32 PM GMT
Morelos was due to be dropped given his latest performance so will be no great miss.
Report akabula December 15, 2020 10:38 PM GMT
As regards the goal scorers this is from our last 6 games - 16 goals scored;

Tavernier 4 (inc. 1 pen.)
Roofe 2
Arfield 2
Goldson 2
Defoe 1
Barisic 1 Bassey 1
Ittin 1
Hagi 1
Bassey 1
OGs 1
Report akabula December 15, 2020 10:54 PM GMT
Roofe and Ittin both strikers who are settling nicely into the team so I doubt that SG at this time will be getting worried given that the goals are still coming.

We've scored 71 goals this season in 27 games.
43 in 17 league games
24 in 9 european games
4 in 1 league cup tie.

I would imagine those stats stand up against any other team in Europe. I can't see what your issue is Stew.
Report stewarty b December 15, 2020 10:58 PM GMT
It's not so much an issue aka. My main point is that if we had a top class striker who knew where the back of the net was that 71 goals could easily read 85 imo. Thanks for the stats btw.
Report akabula December 15, 2020 11:03 PM GMT
Roofe and Ittin need time. I remember when Mark Hateley first signed, took quite a time to settle in.
Report stewarty b December 15, 2020 11:04 PM GMT
*Or I could put it another way...

Tavernier 4 (inc. 1 pen.)
Roofe 2
Arfield 2
Goldson 2
Defoe 1
Barisic 1 Bassey 1
Ittin 1
Hagi 1
Bassey 1
OGs 1

No Morelos in that list. With a bit of luck he might break his duck against Celtic. Christ, we've waited long enough.
Report Capt__F December 15, 2020 11:10 PM GMT
get the typewriter out
Report Capt__F December 15, 2020 11:10 PM GMT
get the typewriter out
Report akabula December 15, 2020 11:26 PM GMT
Capt_F now a member of the Forum Loyal.
Report akabula December 15, 2020 11:56 PM GMT
These are the stats from the past 8 games. 928 goals)

Tavernier 7 (inc. 3 pens.)
Roofe 4
Arfield 4
Goldson 2
Defoe 1
Barisic 2
Ittin 1
Hagi 1
Bassey 1
Barker 1
Aribo 1
Kent 1
OGs 1

Some return from Tavernier.
Report stewarty b December 16, 2020 6:15 PM GMT
928 goals)

Obviously a typo but regardless it makes the stats even more disappointing for Morelos.
Report akabula December 16, 2020 9:56 PM GMT
Yes the 9 should have been (.
Report badjoe December 16, 2020 9:59 PM GMT
Gerrard respecting the Saints, old habits die hard Wink
Report par December 16, 2020 10:02 PM GMT
Moreles costs the club dearly again.
Report akabula December 16, 2020 10:02 PM GMT
We had to lose at some time and I'd rather it was here than in the league.
Congrats to St Mirren responding well to the Rangers late equaliser albeit the goal scorer was offside when the ball was played in.
Still a big disappointment though and SG needs to make sure we bounce back and beat Motherwell convincingly on Saturday.
Report themightymac December 16, 2020 10:03 PM GMT
Been watching the Liverpool game so came on to get aka`s match report. None which is odd. Then it crossed my mind, surely they didn`t get beat by St Mirren?  Just checked teletext LaughLaugh
Report themightymac December 16, 2020 10:04 PM GMT
That`s worse than getting beat by Ross County Whoops
Report akabula December 16, 2020 10:05 PM GMT
LOL par and joeybhoy come out from behind the couch.
Nowt to say about their own team. It's all about the Rangers. Happy
Report themightymac December 16, 2020 10:05 PM GMT
Two goals in 90+, wow. Buddies must have been 1000 to win it late.
Report themightymac December 16, 2020 10:10 PM GMT
I had them on my acca 2/7 but took them out at last minute thinking Stevie might rest a few. Glad I did, other 4 won.
Report akabula December 16, 2020 10:10 PM GMT
That`s worse than getting beat by Ross County

I doubt that Mac. Aren't Ross County bottom?
Anyways who cares. Just as joeybhoy said after that Ross County game "We can concentrate on the league now".
Every cloud and all that. Grin
Report par December 16, 2020 10:10 PM GMT
Akabula, seasonal greetings. Would I be wrong in saying he has cost him team again ?
Report themightymac December 16, 2020 10:12 PM GMT
I got lucky with a late goal by Pool.
Report akabula December 16, 2020 10:20 PM GMT
Seasonal Greeting Par.
Morelos was dreadful last time out and contributed very little and as I said earlier on here was due to be dropped.
A bit like your guy Edouard he seems to have thrown in the towel and doesn't want to be here.
We've done okay despite his poor performances and I doubt he'd have made any difference tonight in his current state of mind.
Report badjoe December 16, 2020 10:25 PM GMT

Dec 16, 2020 -- 11:05PM, akabula wrote:

LOL par and joeybhoy come out from behind the couch.Nowt to say about their own team. It's all about the Rangers.

Considering you say I'am blocked, It's interesting you comment on what I posted Confused Busted Laugh

Report jedi sophie December 16, 2020 11:59 PM GMT
Close over the cabinet again chaps.

Nowt doing.Excited

Meanwhile on Sunday, ahem.....

LaughExcitedGrin
Report akabula December 17, 2020 8:10 AM GMT
Does Dancing on Ice start on Sunday?
Report akabula December 17, 2020 8:27 AM GMT
Phoned my cousin who lives near Ibrox.
No riots. No thugs throwing missiles. No barricades being erected.
Report lead on December 17, 2020 10:51 AM GMT
Postie's on red alert though...anything with an Aberdeen postmark!
Report stewarty b December 17, 2020 1:57 PM GMT
Nice one lead on.Grin
Report themightymac December 17, 2020 4:06 PM GMT
I had a terrible nightmare last night. Stewarty was in his prime in the nineteen thirties and wrote an open letter to Adolf Hitler and the Germans won the War. Shocked
Report MALAY December 17, 2020 5:04 PM GMT
Great result for St Mirren and the league of Ireland a good few young lads from the league playing huge part.

Gerrard 0 from 7 domestic trophies, and obviously nil in Europe, Lennon must be mystified at his bad press.

I suppose it all depends on the context of each organisation and what is deemed success and failure over a few years.

Should be decent semi finals and final. Think the buddies will do it.
Report iamajambo December 17, 2020 6:30 PM GMT
Yep, Well done to St Midden. I do hope that King akabula and the other huns on here will be wishing the Jam Tarts all the best for Sunday.

I'm on at 11/1 in 90 minutes. 9s still available. 11/2 overall. HHGH.
Report stewarty b December 17, 2020 7:09 PM GMT
FWIW jambolad I'm having a copper on Hearts at 9s. Too big a price imho.
Report pushkin99 December 17, 2020 8:04 PM GMT

Dec 17, 2020 -- 12:59AM, jedi sophie wrote:

Close over the cabinet again chaps.Nowt doing.Meanwhile on Sunday, ahem.....

Best to just let the bhoys get over excited as they play with themselves over winning another minor domestic cup. If that makes them pleased with themselves so be it.

The only important thing in Scotland over the weekend is that Liverpool Legend Gerrard and his Gers get another 3 points against Well. Like a European trophy, another competition that is actually really worth winning.

Report themightymac December 17, 2020 9:47 PM GMT
Report themightymac December 17, 2020 10:18 PM GMT
... the new team. They couldn`t lace the real Rangers boots. Crazy
Report akabula December 17, 2020 10:48 PM GMT
Bought these from a guy at Parkhead.
Peter something, didn't catch his second name.
Says he's not been able to find a use for them.

Report akabula December 17, 2020 10:54 PM GMT
Malay been missing in action of recent. I wonder why?

Report MALAY December 18, 2020 3:54 PM GMT
Always watch sevco pre match to see them take the knee and one of the black lads, don,t know his name do " the black lives" matter salute. After that I switch it off.

Been busy celebrating bojo leaving norther Ireland in EU and uniting 32 counties, that's why not been on, thanks for concern though aka.

Fancy Hearts Myself at the odds. Great value
Report akabula December 18, 2020 8:47 PM GMT
Ibrox Saturday @ 3.00pm

2/13 Rangers
15/2 Draw
18/1 Motherwell

A must win for Rangers to get back to winning ways after Wednesday.
Looking for a comfortable win, either 3-0 or 4-0.
My bet though will be on Tavernier to score the opener @ 5/1.
Report akabula December 18, 2020 9:00 PM GMT
Got to love Ally. Staunch.
Report akabula December 19, 2020 5:23 PM GMT
Great comeback with Roofe (2) and Itten showing their worth.
Now 16 points ahead of our nearest challenger after 18 games.
Motherwell made us work for our victory by parking the bus for most of the game.
Next up are St Johnstone away on Wednesday then Hibs at Ibrox on Saturday.
Mon the Gers.
Report breadnbutter December 19, 2020 5:39 PM GMT

Dec 17, 2020 -- 5:06PM, themightymac wrote:

I had a terrible nightmare last night. Stewarty was in his prime in the nineteen thirties and wrote an open letter to Adolf Hitler and the Germans won the War.

Unfortunately for too many of your ilk thats a wet dream not a nightmare.

Report iamajambo December 19, 2020 8:25 PM GMT
On the contrary, I would say that it applies more to your ilk. That's why we call you 'the huns'.
Report breadnbutter December 19, 2020 9:01 PM GMT
That's poetic from iamNOTajambo.

Think a hit a nerve there.

Anyway, your the huns, your a hun... And no talking about yer pretend charade team.
Report akabula December 19, 2020 9:28 PM GMT
Iamreallyatim clueless about the origins of the word, who it first applied to and its then meaning  and its present day meaning.
Report akabula December 19, 2020 9:49 PM GMT
If we go back to lockdown after Christmas  and no more games are allowed what do you think should happen to the league?
Report MALAY December 20, 2020 5:48 PM GMT
Magnificent performance from hearts, great club, thought they were going to get the cup again, and win me a nice few quid.

Also great credit to Celtic, players, management for winning an unprecedented quadruple treble.
Great advertisement for Scottish football.
Let's hope hearts are back in top league soon and stay there. They battered sevco last year in cup and league too. Claiming celtic would have been another great prize.
Report akabula December 20, 2020 7:01 PM GMT
Planning permission granted last week for building on the old Albion car park.

Report badjoe December 20, 2020 7:27 PM GMT
^^^^

The reality of matchday for residents purchasing 'luxury' apartments near the rough area of Ibrox.

Report pushkin99 December 20, 2020 7:30 PM GMT
Just ignore the likes of the spohie/mjk freak and her bigoted trolling.

The only thing worth winning is the Scottish league, and in Europe which gives the revenues to pursue further success.

the minor cups are for the bhoys now left behind.
Report akabula December 23, 2020 12:24 AM GMT
St Johnstone v Rangers
6.00pm Today at McDairmid Park

9/1 St Johnstone
5/1 Draw
3/10 Rangers

Another must win as every game this season in the league will become as I expect celtic to win comfortably against Ross County albeit they'll get a boost from 'Yogis' appointment.
In their last 3 league games the Saints have lost 3-2 away to St Mirren, lost at home 2-1 to Livingston and drew 1-1 with celtic at Parkhead.

I'm going for a 3-1 win  to the Gers althogh like Motherwell I think the Saints will park the bus and hope to catch us on the break.
Report stewarty b December 23, 2020 12:33 AM GMT
I'm hoping to scrape through with Tavernier's penalty. 0-1. Hope I'm wrong and we bag a few.
Report akabula December 23, 2020 12:48 AM GMT
Nick Walsh the referee. Will need to be a stone waller twice over for him to give a penalty.
Report akabula December 23, 2020 8:07 PM GMT
Comfortable 3-0 win. Never in doubt and good to see Hagi, who was excellent, get a start and a goal.
16 points clear after 19 games and a far superior goal difference, 48 v 25. Next up Hibs at Ibrox on Saturday.
Report akabula December 23, 2020 8:22 PM GMT
Report stroodle December 25, 2020 7:23 PM GMT
Very poor price price for Rangers tomorrow priced up like they are playing Peterhead, could be a dodgy game for Gers, Hibs have a decent away record.
Report trilby22 December 26, 2020 9:04 AM GMT
Report stroodle December 26, 2020 2:28 PM GMT
Good win for the Gers today, another match out the way. poor price though for the Gers considering it was Hibs
Report MALAY December 26, 2020 6:18 PM GMT
I watched our game v Celtic today, wasn't too impressed with there new midfielder superstar soro, if he's hit by high press at ibrox, he wil give the ball away a lot
The French striker is a joy to watch though in full flow, class above scottish football.
Report MALAY December 26, 2020 6:18 PM GMT
I watched our game v Celtic today, wasn't too impressed with there new midfielder superstar soro, if he's hit by high press at ibrox, he wil give the ball away a lot
The French striker is a joy to watch though in full flow, class above scottish football.
Report MALAY December 26, 2020 6:19 PM GMT
Report akabula December 26, 2020 9:59 PM GMT
Great to see you back Trilby.
Hope you're having a good Christmas despite the restrictions.
Report akabula December 26, 2020 10:01 PM GMT
Platini (on utube) wishing all on b/f a Merry Christmas.
Report stroodle December 26, 2020 10:06 PM GMT
Aka did Platini get banned also? didn't seem the type to post something dodgy.
Report akabula December 26, 2020 10:13 PM GMT
Another game out of the way with 3 points and a clean sheet in the bag.
Could have been more but the Hibs keeper played a blinder.
Next up is St Mirren away on Wednesday at 3.00pm.
With 4 wins and 1 draw in their last 6 league games this will be no walkover but despite that and our league cup setback here I'm looking for a 2 or 3 nil win.
Report akabula December 26, 2020 10:17 PM GMT
He did Stroodle. Might be a lifetime ban as well.
You're right about his posting style and it's hard to see how he got banned.
I certainly never saw anything he ever posted that could attract a ban.
Report stewarty b December 26, 2020 11:51 PM GMT
A very tough but great win today. If we beat St Mirren I'd take a draw now against Celtic but with Griffiths back in the team now it's going to be very hard imo. If we win both games it's league over.
Report akabula December 27, 2020 11:31 PM GMT
Report trilby22 December 28, 2020 8:06 AM GMT
Tremendous shot, aka.  Aye, doing okay mate but the restrictions not really affecting me much at all, tbh.  Nippy loving the power trip though, eh? Laugh She won't be around much longer Wink

Yup, an essential three points from the HIVs on Saturday there and I'll go for six points out of six coming our way from the next two games Happy

Merry Christmas to Platini, btw.  In no way did he deserve to get banned.  I've no idea why they let me back in.  Must have pressed the wrong button Grin
Report akabula December 28, 2020 8:06 PM GMT
https://twitter.com/i/status/1343592141797339138

The more I watch this clip from the Hibs match the more I agree with the pundits.
A stone waller of a penalty but the referee saw it different.
Report akabula December 28, 2020 8:10 PM GMT
Doing fine thanks Trilby, just like the Gers.
I never listen to her daily brainwashing spot and simply use common sense.
Report MJK December 29, 2020 1:56 PM GMT
Keeping in thoughts those who lost their lives in '71. A few days early I know but I probably won't get a chance to post later in the week. RIP.
Report stewarty b December 30, 2020 5:49 AM GMT
Fifty years on the 2nd. Terrible tragedy. RIP the 66.
Report trilby22 January 1, 2021 7:37 PM GMT
https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/ibrox-disaster-50th-anniversary-1/2ukFT1J5HbLozXTtMDvddF
2-0 the morra
Report akabula January 11, 2021 11:18 PM GMT
What a position to be in at the start of the year.
Incredible performance so far even without taking into account our heroics in Europe.

Rangers ; played 23  -  GD 53  - Pts 65
celtic  ; played 20  -  GD 30  - PTS 44

21 points ahead with a far superior goal difference. Keys to the city for Stevie G when we wrap our 55th title up.
Report akabula January 11, 2021 11:35 PM GMT
Our next 2 fixtures are Motherwell away this Sunday then Ross County at Ibrox on the following Saturday.
Will be looking for 6 points and expecting celtic to find it hard with high flying Livingston their opponents in the next 2 games.
At home on Saturday without the currently isolated players and away on Wednesday. The league could be finished by mid February in time for our next Europa League matches.
Report akabula January 12, 2021 11:33 PM GMT
SG interested in signing Aberdeens Scott Wright. The 23 yo forwards contract is up in the summer and Rangers are looking to get him on a pre-contract albeit they will offer the Dons a small incentive to let him sign now. Given the current situation I thing they'll bite Rangers hand off.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com