Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
akabula
04 Jul 18 19:03
| Topic/replies: 40,523 | Blogger: akabula's blog
For all things Rangers.
Pause Switch to Standard View GLASGOW RANGERS
Show More
Report akabula September 27, 2020 11:48 PM BST
Great display against Motherwell today, especially the first half.
The team was brimming with confidence and only some excellent saves by Carson kept the score to 5-1.
The pick of the goals being Jordan Jones excellent strike after great work by Scott Arfield.
Report badjoe October 1, 2020 12:17 PM BST
There is only one thing the biggest toilet in Govan is brimming with, and it ain't confidence.

Report badjoe October 1, 2020 12:21 PM BST
Mon the Turks Cool
Report akabula October 3, 2020 6:54 PM BST
Great result in mid-week Trilby.
BTW I took your advice and have now blocked joeybhoy.
Report akabula October 7, 2020 6:54 PM BST
Wilshere on his way. It's been confirmed. Trilby says so and he's never wrong.
Report stewarty b October 7, 2020 7:12 PM BST
To Ibrox? Sounds doubtful but I hope so. A class act.
Report akabula October 7, 2020 7:16 PM BST
It's been confirmed that talks are at an advanced stage.
Report akabula October 7, 2020 7:22 PM BST
Nicolo Schira the source and he's a journalist who has a reputation for rarely being wrong in the transfer market.
Report LoyalHoncho October 8, 2020 2:18 AM BST
If so a new treatment table with his nameplate on it will be required at Ibrox.  I've never known a player quite like him for over-elaborating and hanging on to the ball just too long - hence his injury record.  He's seen more daytime tv than Lorraine!
Report stewarty b October 8, 2020 12:06 PM BST
He is prone to injury but when he's not on the table there are few better than him imo and he's only 28. Will be a helluva asset to the squad.
Report stewarty b October 8, 2020 12:10 PM BST
* At a guess it will be a pay if you play kind of deal and it's just a pity about this frickin covid as he would love to soak up the atmosphere of an old firm game. (perhaps he's been to one)
Report stewarty b October 9, 2020 1:06 PM BST
Any update on the Wilshere situation please?
Report stewarty b October 10, 2020 6:41 AM BST
If something seems too good to be true......more fake news.
Report stewarty b October 10, 2020 7:12 AM BST
Speaking to talkSPORT, Jack Wilshere has been discussing his next move after seeing his contract with West Ham come to a mutual termination.

Journalist Nicolo Schira (via The Sun) revealed that Rangers were in advanced talks to sign the ex-Arsenal man, but his comments suggest he is far from moving to Ibrox.

Wilshere told talkSPORT: ‘ “I think I want to try something different – I am leaning towards that. Maybe La Liga, Italy, something a little bit different that not many English players have done. I am probably going to take a week or two to decide.’

A week or two to decide?? Hardly Rangers material which I thought from the beginning of the rumour.
Report stewarty b October 10, 2020 7:17 AM BST
I would think that Fusil Raffles has more chance of landing the 3:22 @ Chepstow than Wilshere wearing the Rangers top..
Report akabula October 10, 2020 1:31 PM BST
Rangers couldn't get near his wage demands.
Report badjoe October 10, 2020 3:36 PM BST

Oct 3, 2020 -- 7:54PM, akabula wrote:

Great result in mid-week Trilby.BTW I took your advice and have now blocked joeybhoy.

What a big girls blouse you are Laugh, considering the name calling and general vile abuse I have had on this forum, I still wouldn't block anyone.

akabula = the oldest snowflake in town LaughLaughLaugh

Report badjoe October 10, 2020 3:41 PM BST
akabula • October 7, 2020 6:54 PM BST
Wilshere on his way. It's been confirmed
. Trilby says so and he's never wrong.

Not content with not having posted up any info that turned out to be true in 8 years, he's now making Trilby look like a right turnip. Some chum you've got there trilbs Laugh
Report jamesdean October 10, 2020 3:52 PM BST

Oct 7, 2020 -- 8:22PM, akabula wrote:

Nicolo Schira the source and he's a journalist who has a reputation for rarely being wrong in the transfer market.

Laugh

Report badjoe October 10, 2020 3:52 PM BST
I see sevco have had to raise another share issue, this time for £8 Million Shocked. In normal business this is done to fund a particular new development or project, in sevco's case it's being done to cover losses. It's only October and you are having to do this again. How much money did Gerrard spend in this window? They have turned down good money for players that other clubs would have been forced to sell, but no not sevco. SPL allowing this to go on is a disgrace Angry
Report akabula October 10, 2020 5:55 PM BST
The thread looks a lot better now I can't read the drivel from wee joeybhoy. LaughLaughLaugh
Report akabula October 10, 2020 6:10 PM BST
Report akabula October 12, 2020 7:09 PM BST
Good reading Trilby. I already follow her.
Hope yer keeping well.
Report akabula October 13, 2020 9:40 PM BST
Good spot Trilby. 3-0 final score, hope you had a nice few quid on. Never realised Whittaker was there.
Report sofiakenny October 14, 2020 11:25 AM BST
Trimby is gone gone gone you silly old sausage..banded ages ago..I know you must miss your wee wee dug but he ain't here no more.
Report stewarty b October 14, 2020 11:47 AM BST
sophielass, the biggest **** on the forum. He should get a life but as he's never had one..
Report akabula October 14, 2020 7:52 PM BST
@kennybhoy Trilby sends his regards from utube kwhich is quite apt as you are a bit of a tube yerself.
Like those FACTS m8 and yer spot on about the gullibility of people like softlad on here.
Report akabula October 14, 2020 7:53 PM BST
What a blast from the past seeing a Masopust in the Czech team. 1-0 btw
Report shiny new shoes please October 16, 2020 11:45 AM BST
good chance Saturday imo.
Report akabula October 16, 2020 7:26 PM BST
Looking for a win tomorrow although a lot will depend on players being fit after international duties.
Both Aribo and Roofe close to a return but I doubt either will feature in the squad to meet celtic.
Report akabula October 16, 2020 8:07 PM BST
Zungu here but still has 10 days of self-isolation to complete before joining the squad for training.
No chance of SG trying to get the rules changed, that would lack class.
Report shiny new shoes please October 17, 2020 2:56 PM BST
16 Oct 20 11:45Joined: 29 Sep 08 | Topic/replies: 1,551 | Blogger: shiny new shoes please's blog
good chance Saturday imo.
Boom.
Report akabula October 17, 2020 8:37 PM BST
Neil McCann on Sportscene sums the game up superbly.
SG got his tactics spot on and NL didn't know how to combat them.
The team weren't at their best but they didn't have to be, they did enough to win the game comfortably.
Great day for Trilby with his 2nd team ending a 4 game goal drought in the league in style with their 5-3 victory.
Report themightymac October 17, 2020 9:55 PM BST
Result as expected. Well done.
Report pushkin99 October 17, 2020 9:59 PM BST
Well done Liverpool legend Gerrard. Long may your Rangers revolution continue.
Report shiny new shoes please October 17, 2020 10:57 PM BST
Celtic having been firing ,struggling at present.things will change soon enuf.
Report LoyalHoncho October 18, 2020 1:43 AM BST
Well done Rangers but ffs Celtic were poor.  Ajer was like a Rangers 12th man and as for their front line?  However, it's when the chips are down that it counts and losing in the first quarter of the season is never a disaster.
Report akabula October 18, 2020 10:19 PM BST
I thought Ajer was celtics best defender. A timely tackle and a great block stopped Kent from scoring.
Report akabula October 18, 2020 10:59 PM BST
https://twitter.com/i/status/1317768399544516608

Needs to brush up on his passing skills.
Report akabula October 19, 2020 5:02 PM BST
Celtic fined £10,000 for breaking strict Covid19 rules by allowing a spectator into Parkhead to watch the game.
Allan McGregor refused to comment.
Report iamajambo October 19, 2020 6:22 PM BST
One of your better ones,King akabula.GrinGrin
Report themightymac October 19, 2020 10:18 PM BST
Very good Aka LaughLaugh
Report stewarty b October 20, 2020 11:33 AM BST
akabula
Date Joined: 13 Mar 08
Add contact | Send message
19 Oct 20 17:02Joined: 13 Mar 08 | Topic/replies: 40,123 | Blogger: akabula's blog
Celtic fined £10,000 for breaking strict Covid19 rules by allowing a spectator into Parkhead to watch the game.
Allan McGregor refused to comment.

Not long out of my kip so it took about 10 seconds to sink in. LOL.
Report the bairn October 20, 2020 8:52 PM BST
stewarty, could you not do a Rip Van Winkle and gie us awe a break, Excited cheers.
Report stewarty b October 20, 2020 10:19 PM BST
You're getting a bit of too much lip now bairn. I have a long memory..
Report stewarty b October 20, 2020 10:31 PM BST
As oor wullie (a top man who makes a living out of punting and attends Brockville said about you) 'He 'aint no Falkirk fan'.
Report akabula October 20, 2020 10:36 PM BST
Brockville closed nearly 20 years ago so I don't think Oor Wullie is a fan. Wink
Report stewarty b October 20, 2020 10:45 PM BST
I know aka I just forgot the name of their new stadium which I believe has still to be completed!
Report stewarty b October 20, 2020 10:49 PM BST
Falkirk stadium now after googling and sadly only holds 8000. I think the plan was to hold 12,000 after completion.
Report stewarty b October 20, 2020 10:53 PM BST
* On that subject Hamilton's ground only has a 6,018 capacity. I'm going back a few years but I thought it was a stipulation you had to have a 10,000 capacity to enter the SPL?
Report akabula October 20, 2020 10:57 PM BST
Spot on and Falkirk if I remember rightly were denied promotion because of that rule.
Last time I passed their stadium was quite a few years ago and it only had 3 stands.
Report akabula October 20, 2020 11:03 PM BST
After the creation of the SPL in 1998, its strict stadium criteria – to which Brockville Park did not conform – was enforced, and the club was denied promotion on three occasions. The club's present home ground since 2004 is the Falkirk Stadium, an 7,937 all-seater stadium on the outskirts of Falkirk.

Googled and came across that.  Mac the man to fill in the details but I think he's in mourning after Saturday. Last heard of being fished out of the Clyde.
Report stewarty b October 20, 2020 11:07 PM BST
Which begs the question, why are Hamilton in the now SPFL?
Report akabula October 20, 2020 11:15 PM BST
The rules were relaxed when the Scottish leagues were reformed.
Google and saw that in an article on the BBC website in 2013.
Report stewarty b October 20, 2020 11:23 PM BST
I should have realised that tbh with Ross County being still there and previously Caley.
Report the bairn October 22, 2020 12:54 AM BST
stewarty, i'll have you know, i used to train at brockville with the reserves, but my mind was always at the other stadium along the road, namely the dog stadium. Tongue Out cheers.
Report stewarty b October 22, 2020 1:18 AM BST
I'm always prepared to give someone another chance bairn even though you gave me unwarranted/perhaps a few drinks too much lip.

I will consult with oor wullie before making up my mind. That said, your last post to me was sensible and without bile.

Like I said I can be a forgiving man. In this matter I will let oor wullie guide me.

We've been forum friends for several years now albeit on horseracing. He rarely posts but a top man.
Report themightymac October 22, 2020 7:58 PM BST
Rangers 2nd goal was one of the greatest goals ever. Beat 3 men in his own half and scored from his own half. If a Brazilian had scored that they would be raving for years to come.
Report themightymac October 22, 2020 8:07 PM BST
... against Liege that is, not against Lenny`s 11. Excited
Report stewarty b October 22, 2020 8:18 PM BST
Which channel did you watch it on mac?
Report themightymac October 22, 2020 8:37 PM BST
SportTV5 the Portuguese station in full HD stewarty.
Report stewarty b October 22, 2020 8:53 PM BST
I wrote about it on horseracing mac why I got rid of Sky. Is this station on Sky mac?
Report akabula October 22, 2020 10:05 PM BST
I watched it live and was hoping Roofe would run the ball into the corner after beating the 3rd Liege player.
(I'm with Virgin btw)
Report akabula October 22, 2020 10:14 PM BST
A great start for Rangers. The penalty was superbly dispatched and the 2nd will be talked about all over Europe for the next few days.
The downpour I thought disrupted our passing game but thankfully it eased and the introduction of both Aribo and Roofe made a huge difference too.
I also thought Bassey had a superb game along with Tavernier. Things going well.
Report akabula October 25, 2020 5:56 PM GMT
Rangers moved six points clear of Celtic at the top of the Scottish Premiership with a comfortable win over Livingston.
Jermain Defoe scored his 300th club career goal to add to Joe Aribo's early opener, and even though Livi hit a post, Rangers continued their domination through the second half.
Report akabula October 25, 2020 6:00 PM GMT
Thats the 16th game this season, 12 in the league and 4 in Europe.
Impressive stats of 14 wins 2 draws and no defeats.
41 goals scored and only 4 conceded. 13 clean sheets.
Report stewarty b October 25, 2020 6:17 PM GMT
Could have been four or five according to a pal who watched it. I was too busy to watch it with a suspicious link as I got punting on the horses but I would have taken 1-0 for the three points beforehand.

Upward and onwards.
Report akabula October 25, 2020 6:33 PM GMT
Kerrydale Meltdown on twitter bubbling over today, well worth a read.
The best parody account by a country mile.
Report akabula October 26, 2020 12:20 AM GMT
Just watched the highlights on Rangers TV.
Comfortable win. The first goal was after a mistake by Shane Duffy -oops meant Efe Ambrose - the second was a cracking finish from Defoe.
James Tavernier lofted the ball forward and Jermaine ran in between the centre backs and guided the ball into the net with his left foot.
Not much else happened. Livi hit the post and we the crossbar. A few tame efforts from Jack and that was it.
Three points and another clean sheet. Would take that every week.
Report akabula October 26, 2020 9:05 PM GMT
The Gaffer seems in good spirits;

https://twitter.com/i/status/1320423236161720321
Report akabula October 31, 2020 9:51 PM GMT
Kilmarnock v Rangers
Noon tomorrow live on Sky Sports.

Killie 10/1
Draw    9/2
Rangers 2/7

Forget the EL and Benfica on Thursday this game is much more important.
This is the type of game we've slipped up in the past but I don't think we will this time.
Team much more disciplined and I'm looking for a 2-0 win @ 9/2.
Report Capt__F October 31, 2020 9:54 PM GMT
Get the letterout
Report akabula November 1, 2020 10:18 PM GMT
Not a great game, rarely is on that pitch, but 3 points in the bag.
Hamilton at home next Sunday and then Aberdeen, again at home, 2 weeks after that.
Report akabula November 6, 2020 10:36 PM GMT
2 wins and a draw not too shabby at the halfway stage.

Team       Pts
Benfica     7
Rangers     7
L Poznan    3
S Liege     0

Benfica home Looking for a draw at least
Poznan away Settle for the draw
Liege home Can't see anything other than victory.

Still a way to go.
Report akabula November 8, 2020 10:03 PM GMT
8-0 and could have been even more.
Fair Doos to the Accies for a bit of humour.
Taking a lead from Trump they posted on their official twitter account - STOP THE COUNT.
Report akabula November 8, 2020 10:31 PM GMT
Good read Trilby also been a good week-end for you with the Saints beating Killie.
Kennybhoy missing you and wondering how long til you return.
Report sofiakenny November 9, 2020 10:08 AM GMT
Another ackiebigot lie..pathetic.
Report stewarty b November 10, 2020 7:13 PM GMT
^^ sophie lass, the biggest troll on the forum. A sleeked cant of the highest order.
Report akabula November 10, 2020 9:20 PM GMT
I wonder if kennybhoy is jealous of all the clean sheets that the Rangers have had this season. Wink
Report stewarty b November 10, 2020 10:01 PM GMT
Probably, plus he's a rat of the highest order.
Report sofiakenny November 10, 2020 10:17 PM GMT
ackie..a sad sad dinosaur liar.
Report akabula November 11, 2020 12:40 AM GMT
Remembering. The 11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month.
Sing for the Boys - Jimmy's Song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDthFz_U7Zc
Report akabula November 17, 2020 10:57 PM GMT
Heard on the news the other day that 9 old firm players((6 Rangers) might need to self isolate after international duty.
Can't find anything about the Rangers players but I see tonight celtic fans have had good news and bad news.
The good news is that Ajer and Elyounoussi are available to play but the bad news is that Shane Duffy is also available for selection.
Report akabula November 19, 2020 11:16 PM GMT
Rangers say they accept the seven-game bans handed to Jordan Jones and George Edmundson by the Scottish FA for Covid-19 related breaches.
The pair attended a party after their side's 1-0 Scottish Premiership win against Kilmarnock on 1 November.
Jones, 26, and Edmundson, 23, were charged by the SFA and suspended by Rangers pending an investigation.
Rangers say the length of the ban shows "the seriousness with which Covid protocol breaches will be dealt with".

Pair of fools and I hope they don't get paid whilst suspended. Could have ruined our whole season.
Report badjoe November 21, 2020 3:54 PM GMT
Hi there, mysticjoe here Happy,I haven't posted in a wee while but I see Sevco have posted losses of over £15 Million for the year so far!!!, Who would have predicted this?, well me actually Cool These figures don't actually have much to do with covid, that horror show is yet to come.For comparison of other Scottish Clubs, Celtic's revenue dropped drastically but they still managed to post a small profit. Without covid, sevco were still losing £10M per annum, so when it hit what did they do?, make cut backs? NO, sell some assets? NO, they spent, spent, spent.....Crazy

Mike Ashley polishing that special pound coin he has put aside for when the opportunity arises Cool
Report badjoe November 21, 2020 4:00 PM GMT
Alkiebula not posting anything on this Confused, bit strange init? LaughLaugh

akabula • September 4, 2020 10:07 PM BST
Looks like Leeds have accepted defeat in their quest to buy Ryan Kent and are now looking elsewhere.
Rangers knocked back a substantially increased second offer and told Leeds Kent aint for sale.
[b]You can do things like that when you're debt free, cash rich[/b] and not wasting money on disco lights. 

Blush
Report akabula November 21, 2020 10:15 PM GMT
No surprise here. When logging in I just knew that the joeybhoy would have been on. Laugh
I've still got him blocked as he posts the same chyte every time.

No doubt he's on about the accounts so I hope, unlike yer last go, that you've remembered this is the accounts up to the 30th of June.
All losses covered by soft loans which will be converted into shares so no debt. New investment since and £10 million in the bank.

BTW work started this week on the new Edminston House. Being built as part of the celebrations for our 150th anniversary.

Our runs in the EL last year and this year have and will provide much valuable revenue whilst fans are barred from attending. SG has certainly earned his wages.
Onwards and upwards.
Report akabula November 21, 2020 10:21 PM GMT
Here is JJ ie Sitonthe fence receiving his bloggers award.
Like joeybhoy he only every tries to put the Rangers down.
Mind and keep hitting that donate button. Laugh

https://twitter.com/i/status/1329085781835542529
Report akabula November 21, 2020 11:18 PM GMT
Sunday 22nd @ Ibrox. 12.00 KO

Rangers    2/9
Draw      11/2
Aberdeen  14/1

Not too sure about the Rangers squad but I know that Ferguson and McCrorie will be missing tomorrow.
Both are big misses for Aberdeen who, the eltic cup game apart, have been on an excellent run of form.

I'm going for 3-0 @ an enhanced 8/1 on here.
Report themightymac November 21, 2020 11:58 PM GMT
I will be a little surprised if they don`t win but 2/9 is a terrible price. Wouldn`t bet it and wouldn`t lay either. For an interest I have done Home win BTTS @ 5/2 but I`ll be happy to lose my forty quid Grin
Report badjoe November 22, 2020 10:43 AM GMT
akabula • November 21, 2020 10:15 PM GMT
No surprise here. When logging in I just knew that the joeybhoy would have been on. Laugh
I've still got him blocked as he posts the same chyte every time.

No doubt he's on about the accounts so I hope, unlike yer last go, that you've remembered this is the accounts up to the 30th of June.
All losses covered by soft loans which will be converted into shares so no debt. New investment since and £10 million in the bank.

BTW work started this week on the new Edminston House. Being built as part of the celebrations for our 150th anniversary.

Our runs in the EL last year and this year have and will provide much valuable revenue whilst fans are barred from attending. SG has certainly earned his wages.
Onwards and upwards.

Oh dear Sad

Report RioGrande November 22, 2020 11:31 AM GMT
whats the result today? pissing rain earlier. clear now.
Report akabula November 22, 2020 10:42 PM GMT
Trilby returned to utube tonight after an 8 day absence with a message for kennybhoy.
Great wee tune m8, hope you are on top of the world.
Report MALAY November 23, 2020 6:47 PM GMT
Definitely the dominant team in Scotland by far.
Jack is an excellent player as is Kent.
Report sofiakenny November 23, 2020 9:55 PM GMT
Fully agree...Jack is a kent.
Report akabula November 23, 2020 10:00 PM GMT
Did you get Trilbys message kennybhoy?
Report sofiakenny November 23, 2020 10:06 PM GMT
What message?..I thought he was banded.
Report akabula November 23, 2020 10:15 PM GMT
On utube. I'm sure that you with your renowned sense of humour will love it.
Report sofiakenny November 23, 2020 10:24 PM GMT
eh??
Report akabula November 23, 2020 10:34 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpHTeqlwTAM

That will take you to it. Remember and sort by newest first.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com