Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Can't Catch Me
02 Jul 18 20:27
| Topic/replies: 28,246 | Blogger: Can't Catch Me's blog
What’s happened lads? Seems to have vanished?

Is it one of their random forum spring cleans?
Pause Switch to Standard View Liverpool Discussion Thread
Show More
Report Capt__F August 21, 2021 8:55 PM BST
Harvey Elliott some playerCool
Report rommel August 22, 2021 7:22 AM BST
motd highlighted hendo,great stuff,some players just go under the radar with me,theyre doing excellent stuff thru a game but unless its a million dollar ball....
Report HallGreenSpy August 22, 2021 10:24 AM BST
Job done. Burnley never an easy watch.
Report rothko August 22, 2021 12:50 PM BST
yes job done
I hate those early kick offs as atmosphere not the same
Report rothko August 22, 2021 7:09 PM BST
had to get there 90mins earlier as well given the recent problems with entry Sad
Report rommel August 23, 2021 10:03 AM BST
chels up next,could set up the season or knock it down.late saturday
Report HallGreenSpy August 23, 2021 10:53 AM BST
Quite fancy our chances Saturday
Report rommel August 23, 2021 11:44 AM BST
we have too dont we,good start i think,how great to see vvd back,still rankles all that,how he got that injury.....
Report rommel August 23, 2021 11:45 AM BST
and as roth says above tf its not an early start,can do without them
Report SirNorbertClarke August 23, 2021 12:53 PM BST
After blocking all the racists, crackpots and divvies this thread is now unreadable Laugh
Report The Dragon August 23, 2021 6:01 PM BST
sakkir gone to lyon for 9.5 million
Report rommel August 23, 2021 6:34 PM BST
always liked him,them 2 again utd ooo yesh,ball in for the header in the 4-o barca win...many others,wish him well
Report rommel August 23, 2021 6:39 PM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yRY2y3sR7c&t=540s
Report The Dragon August 23, 2021 6:48 PM BST
agreed romm very skilfulplayer that really didnt play enough imvho  sad to see him go tbh and defo worth more than they got for him
Report rommel August 23, 2021 7:55 PM BST
tis sad to lose a fave player,keep an eye on the lyon games see how he's doing,will be missed
Report loui August 23, 2021 10:31 PM BST
Great setpiece player too, wil miss Shaq, wish him well
Report jollyswagman August 23, 2021 11:07 PM BST
imo he's too good to be a bit part player, your loss but he really should be playing week in week out, even if that's for a smaller team.
Report Capt__F August 23, 2021 11:12 PM BST
did well at Liverpool Pl Cl plus more

bestof luck Shaq
Report canny danny August 24, 2021 1:38 PM BST
Naby Keita linked with
move to United
DC United!
Report The Dragon August 24, 2021 3:30 PM BST
andy Robertson signs new contract to 2026 - great news!

Mo nextCool
Report SirNorbertClarke August 24, 2021 3:36 PM BST
Thought Mo harboured a desire to play for Real Madrid.
Report rommel August 25, 2021 11:20 AM BST
On Monday the Egypt FA revealed it had received a letter from Liverpool explaining why Mohamed Salah would not be released for the World Cup qualifier against Angola in Cairo next week. Liverpool have also informed the Brazilian FA that Alisson, Fabinho and Roberto Firmino would not be released for their World Cup qualifiers against Chile, Argentina and Peru as they, and Salah, would need to quarantine for 10 days on their return. Manchester City had adopted the same stance with Ederson and Gabriel Jesus.
Report The Dragon August 25, 2021 2:15 PM BST
quite right too
Report rommel August 25, 2021 2:34 PM BST
kane stays at spurs,thank flip for that
Report rothko August 26, 2021 10:12 AM BST
i wanted Kane to go the Abu Dhabi club so their transfer outlay would have been over £1/4billion and would have exposed their lies about FFP
Report rommel August 26, 2021 10:21 AM BST
roth,what would come of it you think?has any found in breach of ffp really suffered?christ if city would have got HK....
Report canny danny August 29, 2021 3:12 PM BST
Homophobic chants again
Not being reported in
National press
After lfc condemned fan's
Report SlippyBlue August 31, 2021 12:52 PM BST
Good afternoon T.D. A quick update on our bet. You've had the best of it and lead by 5 but I did get quite a lot of encouragement from our 2-2 draw away to West Ham which will be a difficult fixture for every side. In fact we could have even nicked it late on!

So you've gone odds on in my book but early days mate.   Happy
Report The Dragon August 31, 2021 2:15 PM BST
hey SB about right i guess i see youve just about to buy a new sriker maybe that will help yur goal shortage?
Report HallGreenSpy August 31, 2021 11:10 PM BST
Pretty quiet window as expected. Good news Jordan signed til 2025. Didn't for a moment think he wouldn't but happy it's finally sorted. Also Nat Phillips got a new deal.
Report vidou September 12, 2021 6:15 PM BST
Horrific break there for Harvey - awful challenge Neville couldn't see anything wrong
Report Latalomne September 12, 2021 7:08 PM BST
Dislocation according to JK, incredibly (didn't see anyway that was the case from the replay I saw).  Hopefully minimal ligament damage.
Report vidou September 12, 2021 7:35 PM BST
Hope that's right Lat - I watched it live and his foot was at right angle to his leg - looked like the Everton lad Gomes drom a year or so ago  but he applauded the Leeds supporters who were applauding him going off - fair play
Report Capt__F September 12, 2021 9:11 PM BST
hope he ok

playing fantastic of late
Report HallGreenSpy September 12, 2021 11:58 PM BST
Yeah, awful for Harvey. Had a great start to the season. Thought we played goa really well today. Best game Thiago has played imo. Front 3 keep speaking for themselves and how good it is to have the rolls royce back at the back. Btw  Matip contribution to the Salah goal should not be underestimated. All in all brilliant but for Harvey.
Report rommel September 13, 2021 10:08 AM BST
famous last words.... but i think were a player this season,awful for harvey,best wishes and a speedy recovery
Report rommel September 13, 2021 11:00 AM BST
not a fan of gary five foot tongue neville,his podcast was pretty good
Report rommel September 13, 2021 12:27 PM BST
blimey this ac milan tie has snuck up on me fh
Report SlippyBlue September 13, 2021 3:45 PM BST
So you lead by 5 in our punt T.D. Obviously I'm in a far better position now after us putting Spurs to the sword at the weekend so levels you devils now I would say. I'm not getting carried away though and can't really argue against Liverpool being huge favourites on Saturday although having said that 16.5 is just too big to resist!

I actually went to this fixture in 1989 when Liverpool thumped us 9 - 0, we even missed a penalty for good measure that night. Laugh

Hopefully we'll put up a better effort this time.
Report Latalomne September 13, 2021 6:14 PM BST
Seems like a top, top lad:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58538220
Report loui September 13, 2021 6:50 PM BST
Read somewhere that Milan have never played a competitive match at Anfield. Hard to believe after all the years both teams have been in europe
Report rommel September 14, 2021 8:38 AM BST
Why Liverpool’s lack of signings is no cause for concern
Report rommel September 14, 2021 8:39 AM BST
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-transfers-signings-pr...
Report HallGreenSpy September 14, 2021 1:15 PM BST
Can you copy and paste on here please rom? Need to register to see all the article.
Report The Dragon September 14, 2021 4:12 PM BST
hey Slippy

Have to once agisn agree with your analysis.

Amazing result for Palace but will be brought back to earth with a bump .... I hope
Report vidou September 14, 2021 6:21 PM BST
Here ya go HGS...

SportFootball
Why Liverpool’s lack of signings is no cause for concern
A small minority have expressed anger at FSG’s reluctance to spend this summer - but the successful American ownership have always said they would be fiscally cautious

Tony Evans
2 days ago
comments

Ibrahima Konate was Liverpool’s only major signing this summer
Ibrahima Konate was Liverpool’s only major signing this summer

(Liverpool FC via Getty Images)

For some fans, the most exciting part of the season is over. The transfer window is shut and there can be no more delusional fantasies about big money signings for a while. This is where reality bites.

Most Liverpool supporters are, like Jurgen Klopp, relatively happy with the state of the squad going into the next phase of the campaign, which starts at Elland Road against Leeds United on Sunday. Nevertheless, there have been rumblings of dissatisfaction about the club’s spending in the summer. The only significant signing was Ibrahima Konate, who cost £36 million from RB Leipzig. The 22-year-old centre half bolsters the ranks at last season’s problem position but some expected Georginio Wijnaldum, who departed for Paris Saint-Germain on a free transfer, to be replaced.

Fenway Sports Group (FSG) have been criticised by a small but vocal group on social media who are angry at the Americans’ reluctance to spend money on a midfielder and a forward. Barely a year after the owners oversaw Liverpool’s first title in 30 years and two years after winning the Champions League, there have been attempts to galvanise an ‘FSG out’ movement. It takes the ‘what-have-you-done-for-me-lately’ ethos to a new level.

There seems to be little rational discourse about Liverpool’s owners. They are either wildly overpraised or their weaknesses magnified. The truth is in the middle. The same men that brought the Premier League trophy to Anfield also tried to bring the latest, risible version of the Super League to the table. FSG’s mistakes – and there have been many – are counterbalanced by considerable success, especially in the past five years.

Right from the moment they took control of the club 11 years ago, FSG said they would be fiscally cautious. The same concern that John W Henry, the principal owner, expressed in his first weeks on Merseyside remains at the forefront of his mind and, if anything, the issue had grown more pressing. The spending power of the Petrostate-owned clubs is a nightmare for Henry and his solutions – Project Big Picture and the Super League – were those of a man clutching at straws. Financial fair play has failed and the impact of the pandemic has made the situation even more difficult.

Yet the question for those who would like to see FSG replaced is simple: with whom? The market for marquee clubs is even smaller than the market for superstar players. There were no buyers out there before coronavirus began to spread and there are none now. Liverpool’s valuation is in excess of £2.5bn, almost ten times what the Americans paid for the club. There is no prospect of anyone investing that amount in Anfield and splurging another pile of cash on transfers. None.

In his first half-decade in charge, Henry spoke vaguely about his legacy. At one point he even suggested that some kind of fan ownership might be possible for Liverpool. In retrospect, he was probably telling his audience what they wanted to hear. By 2015 he was talking about listening to offers. This was far from a hard sell. He made it clear to potential suitors that FSG did not need to offload the business and any deal would have to really suit the owners. Some of the individuals and groups that sniffed around the club were unpalatable. Their ethical, political and commercial principles were way further from the Kop’s than FSG’s. And none had the sort of money the transfer ultras would demand.

For all their faults FSG have underpromised and overdelivered. They made it clear that they would not get into an unwinnable financial arms race with City or Chelsea. Sales paid for incoming players and they have generally been conservative when it came to spending on recruitment. Even so, had the right players become available this summer at the right price they probably would have released funds. It is ludicrous to say the owners are not ambitious but they temper that ambition with caution. That is a gamble in itself.

multi trivia two iconSponsored Ad
Up next
The Independent Weekly Quiz
Apester Logo

Do Liverpool lack depth in the squad? A little in midfield and up front but it is more about quality than bodies. Should they have spent more after winning the Champions League and the title? Perhaps. Traditional Anfield logic says buy from a position of strength but FSG have been anything but conventional. Klopp’s first choice XI is beginning to age but both manager and owners believe they are a fair distance from a full rebuild.

Watch More
The only way some fans will be satisfied is if they see mega spending on an annual basis. That is no guarantee of success. The landscape is changing and City and PSG will undoubtedly win the Champions League in the next few years but so far Abu Dhabi and Qatar have been unable to buy the trophy they want most.

FSG have been capable owners who have struggled to comprehend the football culture at Anfield and beyond. Most of their mistakes have been a result of this lack of knowledge or thinking that they are cleverer than their rivals. Things could be far worse, as those who lived through the Gillett and Hicks era can attest.

The ‘FSG out’ contingent are spoilt brats. As flawed as Liverpool’s owners have been, the transfer fantasists do not know how lucky they are.
Report HallGreenSpy September 14, 2021 7:33 PM BST
Thanks vidou.
Report rommel September 15, 2021 7:41 AM BST
hgs missd ya(i'll rem' for next time,to C & P)
Report rommel September 15, 2021 11:49 AM BST
tr n catch jon' liew in the guardian,not good reading for utd fans
Report HallGreenSpy September 15, 2021 11:56 AM BST
There ain't gonna be much good reading about anywhere for em today. They should still be ok in that group. Don't think we will have many chances to slip up in ours. Hoping for a flying start with another magical European night under the lights at Anfield.
Report HallGreenSpy September 15, 2021 8:57 PM BST
You could think how on earth 1-2 at half-time after being so dominant? Poor penalty and plenty of wasted chances explains it all. 45 second half minutes to remedy. Come on red men.
Report The Dragon September 15, 2021 9:06 PM BST
2-2
Report The Dragon September 15, 2021 9:06 PM BST
moLove
Report The Dragon September 15, 2021 9:07 PM BST
what wd we do without him
Report HallGreenSpy September 15, 2021 9:08 PM BST
Have a different pen taker Laugh
Report HallGreenSpy September 15, 2021 9:09 PM BST
Joking aside, he never stops. Great player.
Report The Dragon September 15, 2021 9:13 PM BST
yup
Report HallGreenSpy September 15, 2021 9:26 PM BST
What a hit. Take a bow Jordan.
Report The Dragon September 15, 2021 9:26 PM BST
boooommmmm 3-2
Report Latalomne September 15, 2021 9:29 PM BST
For all bar about 7 minutes, we've been excellent.
Report rommel September 15, 2021 9:55 PM BST
much as we may not like it,its good to be tested
Report HallGreenSpy September 15, 2021 10:00 PM BST
A cracking match. Thought Fabinho excellent in the middle. Atletico Porto just finished 0-0 which is an added bonus with Porto man Mbemba I think sent off in injury time so will miss game against us. Very good night all in all.
Report SlippyBlue September 18, 2021 11:59 AM BST
Morning T.D. Quite a drift on Liverpool overnight mate, 1.16 out tob
Report SlippyBlue September 18, 2021 12:00 PM BST
...1.16 out to 1.28 Shocked
Report The Dragon September 18, 2021 12:02 PM BST
not sure why slippy im expecting a tight first half with liverpool coming good in 2nf hald. Park the bus job by palace? We shall see
Report SlippyBlue September 18, 2021 12:12 PM BST
I didn't take the 16.5 earlier in the week, had to have 14.5 instead.
Probably dosh I'll never see again but maybe we can score first and then trade. Should be a good game whatever, I'm off out for the day now so no more bets other than Palace.

Good luck with your punts T.D. Happy
Report The Dragon September 18, 2021 12:21 PM BST
cheers Slippy forgive me if i dont wish you well with yoursWink
Report Latalomne September 18, 2021 2:10 PM BST
1Alisson
7Milner
5Konaté
4van Dijk
21Tsimikas
14Henderson
3Fabinho
6Thiago Alcántara
11Salah
20Jota
10Mané
Substitutes
8Keïta
12Gomez
15Oxlade-Chamberlain
17Jones
18Minamino
26Robertson
27Origi
47Phillips
62Kelleher

That will explain the drift!
Report deliris September 18, 2021 2:57 PM BST
im on 5/4 palace to get 20+ bookings . skybet !
Report The Dragon September 18, 2021 3:05 PM BST
mmmmm hope this doesnt go its upShocked
Report rommel September 18, 2021 3:38 PM BST
if we dont win this marching up to the cop shop say ive just witnessed a crime
Report The Dragon September 18, 2021 3:43 PM BST
cmon you reds goal
Report The Dragon September 18, 2021 3:43 PM BST
mane
Report rommel September 18, 2021 3:46 PM BST
monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn u redsssssssssssssssss
Report rommel September 18, 2021 4:19 PM BST
saintsssssssssssssssssssssssss
Report SontaranStratagem September 18, 2021 4:40 PM BST
Playing well again now the fans are back Cool

I think you lot suffered from that more than any other club

Barnsley benefitted from not having them there for example
Report SontaranStratagem September 18, 2021 4:43 PM BST
Also Klopps well and truly turned around a bad patch which is the first time in his career

He'll be better for it now as well
Report The Dragon September 18, 2021 5:05 PM BST
citeh drop points massive bonus

chelsea and utd tough away games so could be a great weekend for the mighty reds
Report The Dragon September 18, 2021 5:06 PM BST
unlucky slippy  best team won.

the challenge goes on
Report SlippyBlue September 19, 2021 11:27 AM BST
Yes indeed, no complaints whatsoever T.D.

We did have a few chances but ultimately Liverpool were too good and played very well I thought. In that mood at home they would be a tough but to crack for any side most definitely.
Report HallGreenSpy September 19, 2021 12:25 PM BST
Very pleasing. I give Keita a hard time now and then but credit where it's due. That was a sweet volley.
Report rommel September 21, 2021 4:48 PM BST
Kaide Gordon is in contention to make his Liverpool debut on Tuesday, with the assistant manager Pepijn Lijnders describing the 16-year-old as one of “many diamonds” on the pathway to the first team.
Report HallGreenSpy September 21, 2021 7:21 PM BST
Confirmed rom

Kelleher
Bradley
Gomez
Konaté
Tsimikas
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Jones
Keïta
Minamino
Origi
Gordon

Substitutes
Adrián
Henderson
Jota
Robertson
Phillips
Morton
Balagizi
Report SlippyBlue September 21, 2021 7:30 PM BST
Norwich 4.5 from 7.0  Shocked
I'm thinking now Liverpool are a backable price @ 1.9.
Report SlippyBlue September 21, 2021 7:54 PM BST
I've taken the trade, can't be bothered watching anymore!
Report HallGreenSpy September 21, 2021 9:35 PM BST
Thought the young lads did really well tonight. Rash pen challenge aside, almost faultless. Good pen save from Kelleher but thought his positioning was spot on all night. Tsimikas has some cross on him as we already know and nice for Divock and Minamino to get goals. Once again, a very pleasing night.
Report Capt__F September 21, 2021 10:16 PM BST
Happy DaysCool
Report rothko September 23, 2021 10:19 AM BST
great to see the kids coming through
thought Morton looked top drawer when he came on and ran the game
Report rothko September 25, 2021 7:31 PM BST
should have finished that off
great game though lomg way to go

well done brentford
Report crystalhunt September 25, 2021 8:07 PM BST
Total respect to Brentford - pure commitment - no diving - no cheating - hope they do well Cool
Report rommel September 25, 2021 8:35 PM BST
fine perf' by brents
Report sparrow September 26, 2021 8:49 AM BST
A great advert for the game with some proper direct football so well done to both teams.
Report PLACEWISE September 26, 2021 9:10 AM BST
We looked shambolic at the back and again wasteful up the top end thought the substitution wasn’t great we didn’t need another forward on at that time

Brentford are ok a little overrated IMO doubt city would struggle to cope with them but as said long way ahead but we really do need to take more chances
Report HallGreenSpy September 26, 2021 10:36 AM BST
Good game for the neutral. Defending a little woeful at times. Good chances missed to put the game away. Will need to be better next week home to Citeh. Still it's a point more than some got yesterday. Devil
Report The Dragon September 26, 2021 12:04 PM BST
should have won that game no question, their goalie had a stormer. miiseed too many chances again and some sloppy defending. good game to watch for the neutrals, brentford look a fair team and could cause some of the better teams a few problems
Report PorcupineorPineapple September 26, 2021 12:27 PM BST
I like Brentford a lot. Don't have the most talented players in the world but they work hard on their system, their tactics and set pieces. Sounds easy in hindsight but you know you're never gonna beat VVD in the air, so just load your target men to the back post where he's not present and take your chances against the less physical full backs. Worked a treat to be fair, though we should have been alive to it and had a midfielder doubling up at the back post when they were in crossing positions. Should have won by 2 or 3 clear goals really though. Couple of sitters missed but that's football. Still sitting pretty right now.
Report rommel September 26, 2021 1:44 PM BST
vvd will be nowhere near peak fitness and strength,things will get better at the back
Report SlippyBlue September 26, 2021 1:48 PM BST
Nothing but admiration for Brentford, as a neutral I hope they have a very good season
Report rommel September 26, 2021 1:50 PM BST
brents were v good,in a fine gane
Report rommel September 26, 2021 1:50 PM BST
game*
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com