Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Can't Catch Me
02 Jul 18 21:27
| Topic/replies: 28,251 | Blogger: Can't Catch Me's blog
What’s happened lads? Seems to have vanished?

Is it one of their random forum spring cleans?
Pause Switch to Standard View Liverpool Discussion Thread
Show More
Report rommel May 27, 2022 11:49 AM BST
goals of the season
Report rommel May 27, 2022 11:49 AM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhZpyfXs6WA
Report HallGreenSpy May 28, 2022 12:45 AM BST
Take it away rom

monnn u reds!!
Report LoyalHoncho May 28, 2022 2:05 AM BST
Good luck Liverpool.  How sweet would it be to stick it to this privileged Madrid Quango.
Score early like you did against Spurs and take it from there.
Report SlippyBlue May 28, 2022 1:24 PM BST
Yes indeed, the very best of luck to Liverpool tonight. I'm quietly confident they'll do the business.

In other matters, T.D. You have won our Liverpool/ Palace challenge this season.
Palace's 38 point handicap start proved not to be enough and fell short by 6 points,  with 44 being the margin.

I did think the mark was a fair one and no complaints at all but our 15 draws, only equalled by Brighton, proved to be costly for the bet and also in our finishing position in the league.

So, inbox me your address mate, or Wassap it and I'll be sending your prize of a bottle of Bolly to Merseyside for you to enjoy.

Well done.
Happy
Report Capt__F May 28, 2022 10:51 PM BST
still a Great Season
YNWA
Report rommel May 29, 2022 8:14 AM BST
yep,onward....
Report HallGreenSpy May 30, 2022 10:04 AM BST
Gut wrenching but Courtois had a worldie. Thanks for the season red men. Been a hell of a ride.
Report rommel May 30, 2022 12:43 PM BST
mane on his way
Report rommel May 30, 2022 12:51 PM BST
Andy Goram: Former Rangers and Scotland goalkeeper given six months to live after terminal cancer diagnosis
Goram won the Scottish title five times with Rangers and made 43 appearances for his country
Report Stickywickets May 30, 2022 12:52 PM BST
French interior minister Gerald Darmanin says there was "massive fraud at an industrial level" at the Champions League final in Paris, with 70% of tickets coming into the Stade de France thought to be fake.
Report Stickywickets May 30, 2022 12:56 PM BST
Report SontaranStratagem May 30, 2022 5:32 PM BST
Real Madrid have to be the jammiest winners ever Cry

I enjoyed their City exploits but they were bloody lucky throughout the knockout stages, almost gone 3 rounds before the final, al,ost gone vs chelsea, pretty much gone vs City until their implosion

Ridiculious really
Report TameTheTiger May 30, 2022 6:48 PM BST
Thats football though, nothing is ever certain, its totally unpredictable over 90 minutes. 25 shots to 3 was it ? And they lose 0-1.
Diaz isn't ready for the very top level yet, and Trent had an off day, both going forward and for their goal. Liverpool looked tired and devoid of ideas, but could have still won. Its been a fantastic season, but not landing at least one of the two big ones leaves me feeling a little empty. Can they continue at the same level next season ? Im not so sure, Imcertainly not as optimistic as Jurgen.
Report rommel May 30, 2022 7:25 PM BST
they need a damn good rest and a slimmed down 22/23 season
Report SontaranStratagem May 30, 2022 7:38 PM BST
Your one of the best teams to grace the premier league and its unlucky youve not won it 3 times in the past 4 seasons, finishing over 90points 3 times and missing out by a point in two of them

Klopp will have you competing at the top table for a while yet dont worry
Report DOUBLED May 30, 2022 7:51 PM BST
Salah Mane Milner Henderson Thiago and VVD all 30+ so lots of rebuilding to do ... lets see if Klopp is as good as Sir Alex Cool
Report elise May 30, 2022 9:03 PM BST
not really a good comparison, red nose just played his squad until they and he were too old to carry on, then fecked off and left the next half dozen managers to clean up the mess
Report elise May 30, 2022 9:04 PM BST
should have said to try and clean up the mess, obviously they are nowhere near close
Report SontaranStratagem May 30, 2022 10:04 PM BST
Fergue also had the benefit of being the big soenders and having first dibs at all the best talent for this countrys domestic competitions

He soon scarpered once it was obvious where the game was heading

To be fair he was smart enough to realise it and got out at the top so fair play to him, Cloughie carried on for to long for example and ended up with a relegation and a tired man to boot.
Report HallGreenSpy May 30, 2022 10:17 PM BST
Yup. As great a manager as Sir Alex was, he probably went on a bit too long, (as was his right imo), and probably kept his toes in matters after that. Still a great though as was Cloughie.

Btw sonts, massive congratulations on getting back to the top tier. It's been too long and it's great to have you back.
Report PorcupineorPineapple May 31, 2022 8:54 AM BST
Ferguson had his faults but still among the top 3 Scottish managers of all time imo.

Feels a bit churlish but the game seemed a bit of an afterthought following the mess outside. Just took me back to 89 and feeling disconnected from friends and spent more time texting them and scanning social media to check they were ok.

As for the game itself, we were just shattered. Said it for a few weeks now. Freshness has evaporated. Don't think any of Thiago, Fabinho or VVD would have started if it had been a lesser game. Both full backs were running on empty and Salah just out of puff. They ran their luck a bit with some last ditch blocks and a world class keeper doing world class things but it was a bit rope-a-dope where we tried to pummel them first half and had nothing in the tank after that.

Parade was the perfect end to it all though. Still won 2 cups and had a cracking season and it was good to all come together and celebrate it.
Report Wesdag May 31, 2022 1:11 PM BST

May 30, 2022 -- 9:03PM, elise wrote:

not really a good comparison, red nose just played his squad until they and he were too old to carry on, then fecked off and left the next half dozen managers to clean up the mess

Lol, a bit harsh.

He built several teams over the years & bowed out once his health started to become more of an issue - as EPL champions.

Hardly ducking out imo.

Report DOUBLED May 31, 2022 1:32 PM BST
Aye just the 13 Prem League titles spanning a 20 year period before he "fecled off" ...lets see how Klopp compares if he makes 20 yearsLaugh  managed 1 so far Laugh
Report SontaranStratagem May 31, 2022 8:15 PM BST
Cheers hall and its interesting to see how we get on in the heat of the prem, I think at thhis time we’re sadly bottom 3 but a few good signings and we have a chance of staying up

As for Fergie it pains me to say it but hes one if the top 5 of all time, anove Cloughie simply necause he won so damn much, I hated his teams with a passion and that was part of the thrill of wanting him and them beaten

Its similar with Pep and City now
Report SontaranStratagem May 31, 2022 8:16 PM BST
Its ironic because when Aguero scored that goal and seeing Fergue and Jones looking downtrodden it made me laugh with utter joy

But fast forward a decade and that laugh has gone Sad

Irony at its finest eh
Report rommel June 1, 2022 12:56 PM BST
United said: “Everyone at the club would like to congratulate Paul on his successful career, and thank him for his contributions to Manchester United. We wish him all the best for the next steps on a remarkable journey.”
Report rommel June 1, 2022 12:57 PM BST
sad day when a great club like utd cant hold on to a jewel like pogba
Report loui June 1, 2022 1:27 PM BST
Someone told me that the community shield is being played at the King Power stadium, not sure if that's correct, but strange one if it is.
Report HallGreenSpy June 1, 2022 1:56 PM BST
Yes loui

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61660270
Report HallGreenSpy June 1, 2022 2:00 PM BST
Wembley hosting Womens Euro 22 final day after
Report SontaranStratagem June 1, 2022 10:01 PM BST
Womens football getting the free ticket and beverages treatment then

How many middle class families will they coax to that doozy of a game then?
Report rothko June 2, 2022 11:32 AM BST
Salah wasnt the same after he came back from the AFCON
I was amazed we didnt drop off with Mane and Salah away for so long
Will be an interesting pre-season who stays who go's

Great to see Forest in the EPL - been  to the game there a couple of times
Remember the first televised goal in the EPL - Sheringham - 1-0 to Forest against us Cry
Report vidou June 2, 2022 12:44 PM BST
Yea well done Forest ... in other matters an excellent article by Brian Reade in The Mirror...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/champions-league-final-uefa-shambles-27122932

Well worth a read
Report mecca June 2, 2022 2:01 PM BST
Just watched a video on YT... "What really happened before the champions league final - Anything Goes"

I don't know how to do the copy and paste thing, but this video backs up what the Daily Mirror bloke writes
Report rothko June 2, 2022 2:56 PM BST
I think it is pretty clear now that it was a total f5ck up by the authorities
you've got senior figures such a Michael Howard, an MP, merseyside police who went the game backing up the supporters account of what happened

Whilst I'm sure there were fake tickets a well run operation should quickly deal with this

Not a great advert for Paris and the view is that city has some serious social and crime problems - even more so than London. Whilst you expect large crowds to attract gangs of pickpockets this was on an industrial scale with muggings at knifepoint watched on by the police. Paris have tried to deal with this given its tourist industry but have failed miserably
Report mecca June 2, 2022 3:04 PM BST
Thierry Henry warned fans not to go to that particular district on the outskirts of Paris (where the stadium is).... he knew
Report loui June 5, 2022 11:26 AM BST
Outside the centre of Paris about 50% is no-go areas
Report loui June 5, 2022 11:27 AM BST
Mane has stated that 70% of Senegal wants him to leave Liverpool, does anyone have a clue why this is.
Report HallGreenSpy June 5, 2022 11:35 AM BST
Nope. Probably tongue in cheek imo.
Report HallGreenSpy June 15, 2022 11:18 AM BST
Bump

Nunez deal done then. Any thoughts? Seems quite a large fee in the current climate but seems promising enough with age well and truly on his side.
Report HallGreenSpy June 15, 2022 8:53 PM BST
Report HallGreenSpy June 16, 2022 10:21 AM BST
Tricky first game, newly promoted Fulham away. And unusually Man U away third game in. Can't really recall ever playing em so early.
Report loui June 19, 2022 5:43 PM BST
Oh well good luck Sadio in your one team league, think you'll regret it at some point, apart from the dosh that is.
Report HallGreenSpy June 19, 2022 11:02 PM BST
Tbf loui, he don't owe us owt imo. I honestly think the him and Salah thing was never ever gonna get better and one of em was gonna go. Still hurts as I think he might have been the better.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 20, 2022 8:41 AM BST
What Sadio and Mo thing? They've been fine. Just media rubbish made up to generate clicks. They assist each other loads and got on fine. Both elite players and would get peeved when the other didn't square to them but that's it. Sadio even didn't celebrate his int'l success out of respect for Mo.
Report loui June 20, 2022 10:24 AM BST
Yeah fair do,s mate, he's been brilliant for us, and we'll all miss his great skills, just think the premiership has a lot more compared to the bundesliga. Bayern have just won it for the 10th year running. Clearly about the money, and I know he's great with his charity work for his country. I'm surely we'll move on quickly.
Report HallGreenSpy June 20, 2022 11:12 AM BST
Not media minded porc, just what I thought mesen. Yes they were both pros on the pitch and can't fault em for that but other than that I fail to see why he wouldn't have wanted to stay at Liverpool. I could very well be wrong but that's my train of thought.
Report HallGreenSpy June 21, 2022 9:54 PM BST
Heard Pool agreed a 15m euro fee with Monaco for Minaminno.
Report The Dragon June 24, 2022 7:56 AM BST
yes you dont want to loose world class strickers and no doubt about it Mane will be a loss to us. Strange move for him and he surely would have been better staying put but who knows. Thanks for the great effort he put in and I wish him well he seemed a good bloke.

Be interesting to see how we go without him personally i dont think it will make too much diff and it will be between us and city again for most of the honours
Report G Hall June 24, 2022 9:44 AM BST
It's always good to freshen things up and most striker partnerships have a sell by date, and this one is no different. Keegan and Toshack for example springs to mind and the replacements did ok.
Report The Dragon June 24, 2022 11:53 AM BST
yes i agree GH  and we have some young players who will no doubt fill his place well.

was the update on orgivy -has he gone?
Report SirNorbertClarke June 24, 2022 1:47 PM BST
Was last season's Liverpool team their best ever?
Report The Dragon June 24, 2022 1:58 PM BST
hard to say as all eras are differrent . got to be up there but the 80s team was special
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 24, 2022 2:23 PM BST
Still prefer Kenny's late 80's team personally. Balance of that in terms of quality was ridiculous.
Report SontaranStratagem June 25, 2022 10:01 PM BST
Are you guys still linked with our Brennen Johnson ?
Report SontaranStratagem June 25, 2022 10:02 PM BST
Weve just signed a lad you use to have taiwo awoniyi , potential?
Report jedi sophie June 26, 2022 1:24 PM BST
Origi,Minamino,and particularly Mane are all a loss.
Mane a contributor every single game he plays…Origi Minamino both contributors when called on in cups etc.
Think we’re just fine but seriously need Mo tied down very very soon.
Nunez looked a cracking player v us,a proper presence that we’ve lacked. Think he will be great. The three cups with no goals had to be a worry.
Really like the Carvalho kid too,proper talent.
Ramsay a talented young lad too,in time will be very good.
Maybe need 1 more in.

Biggest signing of all KLOPP……..
Report HallGreenSpy June 27, 2022 11:00 AM BST
Sorry sonts but honestly don't know.
Report SontaranStratagem June 27, 2022 6:30 PM BST
If klopp let him go he cant be but hopefully does a job for us
Report Latalomne July 1, 2022 4:11 PM BST
Mo signs till 2025!
Report SirNorbertClarke July 1, 2022 5:17 PM BST
Reports at nearly £400,000 a week!
Report maleuk01. July 1, 2022 6:07 PM BST
£350k a week.

Still no where near the top 10 earners in the world.

Just hope it doesn't upset other players or the wage structure which has worked so well for us as a club.

Next highest earner VVD at £220k a week then no one else is over £200k a week.

Diaz on just £56k a week!

All according to msn article re Liverpool's wage structure.

Hope his top form continues!
Report loui July 1, 2022 6:08 PM BST
That's a massive boost, especially with signing Nunez as well. Full steam ahead redmen
Report SirNorbertClarke July 1, 2022 7:34 PM BST
Still no where near the top 10 earners in the world.

Really?

What is your source?
Report HallGreenSpy July 1, 2022 11:49 PM BST
Well what's Ronaldo on nobby?

Really hope it isn't that much. I don't think it is tbh. Mane might have stayed oherwise?
Report TameTheTiger July 2, 2022 1:07 AM BST
Diaz on JUST £56k a week!

How will he cope with the financial crisis on that pittance ? Only 240k a month to live on.
Report maleuk01. July 2, 2022 9:42 AM BST
www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2021/08/31/612e3f93e2704ee36d8b463e.html

Salah is about $23m a year.

So outside the top 10.
Report maleuk01. July 2, 2022 9:43 AM BST
Yes Tiger £56k a week is an insane amount of money.

But compared to what's out there for that level of footballer it isn't.
Report SirNorbertClarke July 2, 2022 9:53 AM BST
Only just outside the top 10 not still no where near the top 10 earners in the world
Report SirNorbertClarke July 2, 2022 9:58 AM BST
Well what's Ronaldo on nobby?

No idea but Ronaldo is a brand so I imagine there's all sorts involved except income tax.

The money in football is insane. I only go to a couple of matches a year nowadays so very little of it is mine.

I like what I read about Mane helping the poor in his home country. If only there were more like him.
Report loui July 2, 2022 11:15 AM BST
Spot in Nobby, I'm sure Dias will get an updated contract before too long. If he continues his form
Report PorcupineorPineapple July 2, 2022 7:14 PM BST
Great news. Nice for it to be another one quietly done and just announced. The likes of VVD, Trent and Allison all at least 3 years from their expiry so no immediate threat of problems. And they're not world class strikers so they're not going to be matching that in all likelihood. Summer going very well so far.
Report HallGreenSpy July 13, 2022 6:38 PM BST
French inquiry states Liverpool fans blameless in Champions League final chaos blaming organisers and the state. No surprise of course but to now be official is very welcome.
Report HallGreenSpy July 21, 2022 7:52 PM BST
Second half sub and second half hat-trick for Nunez away to Red Bull Leipzig. Salah scored first half and 0-4 atm.
Report HallGreenSpy July 21, 2022 8:07 PM BST
And he just got a last minute 4th. 0-5
Report loui July 21, 2022 8:54 PM BST
Friendly or not that's impressive for half a game.
Report HallGreenSpy July 25, 2022 10:40 AM BST
So it's Man City in the charity shield on Saturday night and Salzbourg at home the following night. Crazy

Would imagine a lot of the reserves will get their chance against the French.
Report Capt__F July 30, 2022 7:51 PM BST
Nice
Report Billy Liddell July 30, 2022 7:57 PM BST
Played really well, well done Mighty Reds..
Report rothko July 30, 2022 9:25 PM BST
looks promising
early days but the the squad really look together
Report Monte Christo July 31, 2022 9:08 AM BST
Very good performance yesterday.

Thought Liverpool looked much sharper than City for large parts of the game though to be fair they are probably a little bit further along in their pre-season work.

Nunez looked really sharp and it was great for him to get off the mark.

Going into this season as it stands Liverpool have a deeper squad than City imo and when you look at the congested nature of the season ahead they are well placed to have another very good season.
Report HallGreenSpy July 31, 2022 9:44 AM BST
Yes, played very well yesterday.
Report SlippyBlue August 3, 2022 7:13 PM BST
Well T.D. it's that time again and after Liverpool having 44 points over us and a colossal goal difference as well last season it's going to be tough to even get close to that handicap mark given our player of the season Conor Gallagher has gone back to Chelsea for good measure.

You can lay Palace @ 3.2 to finish in the top 10 and if we're a neutral I'd be all over that for sure.

I think a 50 point head start would be just about fair to both of us and a draw no bet, excluding goal difference but upto you mate if you think that's OK.

Happy
Report The Dragon August 4, 2022 9:21 PM BST
Hey SB,

I dont think Palace are as bad as you make out, ok they have lost Ghaallgher but you have a decent manager ,  a decent team and strong home support. Liverpool did very well last season and will do again (hopefully) but 50 points is massive .

Palace finished on 48 pts last seaon so if they pergfotm to the same level  Liverpool need 98 points  which is 6 more than last season!!

Lets meet each othr half way and go for 47 points or we could go for something totally different - the team with the lost/ least draws.

Liverppol had 8 palace had 15.

How about 2 bets

Liverpool to win by 47 points Evens
Palace to have the most draws 4/9

100 quid on each?
Report duffy August 5, 2022 2:00 PM BST
Where's rommel, hasn't posted on here for a couple of months...missing him over at United!!!
Report duffy August 5, 2022 2:01 PM BST
Where's RP too for that matter, heaven knows the last time he was spotted
Report SlippyBlue August 5, 2022 2:48 PM BST
Ok, 47 points it is then for an even ton. Yes I agree that's fair for both of us.

As for 4/9 most draws, Shocked. Blimey mate, at least Dick Turpin wore a mask ! Silly
I wouldn't be playing that punt, not at those odds anyway mate.

I'm looking forward to tonight's game, hopefully we'll get off to a bright start but I'd take the draw if it was on offer to be honest.
Report HallGreenSpy August 8, 2022 7:58 AM BST
Come on romm, let's be having you. Hope all is well.
Report The Dragon August 8, 2022 8:02 AM BST
Cheers SB its on then! Both teams off to a poor start
Report PorcupineorPineapple August 8, 2022 8:28 AM BST
Thiago out for months isn't he. I imagine there must be a worse way to start the season but I'm all ears to hear it.
Report HallGreenSpy August 8, 2022 9:51 AM BST
Just look down the East Lancs. Jokes aside, not good.
Report HallGreenSpy August 8, 2022 9:54 AM BST
Palace at home next a big game now. Important to have a win on the board before we head down that said road.
Report loui August 8, 2022 10:34 AM BST
Injuries have cursed Thiago for years, a shame he's such a good player, actually think we need a midfielder right now anyway, now it's certain.
Report PorcupineorPineapple August 8, 2022 11:45 AM BST
Think we've been waiting for Bellingham. Dortmund only sell one star a year and was thinking we'd maybe do a Naby and announce him in a few months but get him next summer.

Reminds me of when we hung on for VVD. Think Matip picked up one of his injuries and we were dead light and saying we needed to do something but Klopp just hung on for the right guy. However, given we've already got Hendo and Thiago over 30 we might have a second player in our sights who could be got early.
Report loui August 8, 2022 8:01 PM BST
Don't know what everyone thinks  about a new playe for midfield Bellingham looks potentially great player, I reckon Declan Rice looks ready made replacement for Hendo. He's got some engine on him, and a great calm way about his game. Exudes confidence, will be a few Bob like
Report HallGreenSpy August 8, 2022 8:31 PM BST
Good player but well overpriced imo
Report PorcupineorPineapple August 8, 2022 9:45 PM BST
Aye. Looks good but he's going to be over £80m and any decent club must be able to find a similar player for half that price overseas.
Report loui August 9, 2022 1:43 PM BST
Funny the way British players are more money than foreign counterparts, when they have skill as well as dynamism.
Report SlippyBlue August 9, 2022 6:31 PM BST
I'm dreading Monday night's game already HGS, Palace around the 18.5 mark and that sums up their chances pretty much. If we somehow get anything out of it I'd be absolutely delerious.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com