Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
weezer
07 Nov 16 19:24
| Topic/replies: 70 | Blogger: weezer's blog
As sure as night follows day, all the Liverpool fans have been crawling from under their rocks lately. Down the pub, at work etc. People that you didn't even know liked football  But this is a serious question? Do any LFC fans actually come from Merseyside? Yes of course a very small percentage do, amazingly I have even met one or two. But what about the rest of them.? What makes them support a club that they have no connection with whatsoever? Of course yes, I am calling them Gloryhunters still living off their success of the 70's 80's. Yes I will get called names and I really don't care but what have I said that is not true? LFC fans ask yourself and be honest, can you hand on heart say you would support them if not still living off that success of the 70's and 80's? I would say hardly any of you would.  Yes Liverpool may well win their first League Title in 27 long years this season but it will still not be a millionth of the achievement of what Leicester City did last season. I don't support Leicester but that was without doubt the biggest achievement in English football history!  Yes Leicester City, a PROPER club with PROPER fans that actually come from Leicester.  SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM!
Pause Switch to Standard View DO ANY LIVERPOOL FANS ACTUALLY COME...
Show More
Report themover November 7, 2016 7:29 PM GMT
Presumably you object to the ownership of Leicester City

..unless it's ok for a billionaire from Thailand to support the club? Laugh
Report donny osmond November 7, 2016 7:38 PM GMT
nashwan ?
Report Solano1 November 7, 2016 7:46 PM GMT
Clubs that are successful and / or dominate the game for a period pick up all the waifs and strays domestically - usually as their family never took them to watch their local team - as well as the overseas support due to TV.  Hence Liverpool and Man U have huge followings both in and out of their respective city's.
Man City and Chelsea shirts more prevalent on kids playing fields up and down the land and I even saw a Leicester one with Vardy on the back at the youngest one's training yesterday.  Leicester Dad's lad supports Man U.

Only another five years or so of Rafa and the capital will be decked out in black and white. Love
Report Solano1 November 7, 2016 7:47 PM GMT
*lads dad, ffs
Report donny osmond November 7, 2016 7:50 PM GMT
again sol, just like when black and white shearer shirts were worn on the streets of landen
and sunderland
Report Solano1 November 7, 2016 7:51 PM GMT
Grin
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y November 7, 2016 7:58 PM GMT
what a fkin knob, seething because they've started the season well Laugh

can you hand on heart say you would support them if not still living off that success of the 70's and 80's?

well since i am too young to ever remember them winning a league title i would hardly say i am gloryhunting and living off the 70s and 80s
Report efisio. November 7, 2016 8:01 PM GMT
Liverpool born and bred. First game 1969, now foysc.
Report themover November 7, 2016 8:07 PM GMT
Laugh
Report charwell. November 7, 2016 8:08 PM GMT
I thought Leicester fans were a decent bunch and then this imbecile shows up.

My late grandad had a season ticket for almost 70 years. 

That takes some doing as it's a heck of a commute from China.
Report hitman76 November 7, 2016 8:10 PM GMT
If Liverpool only relied on fans from Merseyside they wouldn't be a very big club. Ditto Man United , Real Madrid, Barcelona , Celtic etc
Report anxious November 7, 2016 8:13 PM GMT
It is true that on Merseyside Everton are known as the Peoples club isn't it.
Report Ahoy 1982 November 7, 2016 8:13 PM GMT
Liverpool fan signing in, not from Merseyside but played with the club for 4 years (not at first team level), think that entitles me to support them you plonker.
Report Solano1 November 7, 2016 8:14 PM GMT

Nov 7, 2016 -- 8:08PM, charwell. wrote:

I thought Leicester fans were a decent bunch and then this imbecile shows up.My late grandad had a season ticket for almost 70 years.  That takes some doing as it's a heck of a commute from China.

Laugh

Report Solano1 November 7, 2016 8:16 PM GMT

Nov 7, 2016 -- 8:10PM, hitman76 wrote:

If Liverpool only relied on fans from Merseyside they wouldn't be a very big club. Ditto Man United , Real Madrid, Barcelona , Celtic etc

Alternatively, had those clubs not been successful they wouldn't have so many 'fans' from overseas.
They'd follow someone else.

Report scandanavian_haven November 7, 2016 8:18 PM GMT
Most Liverpool fans are from London.
Report efisio. November 7, 2016 8:18 PM GMT
anxious
Date Joined:    14 May 15
Add contact | Send message
07 Nov 16 20:13 Joined: 14 May 15 | Topic/replies: 10,534 | Blogger: anxious's blog

Aterm coined by their very successful manager David Moyes. Embarrassing.
Report TheChaser November 7, 2016 8:27 PM GMT
Report crystalhunt November 7, 2016 8:29 PM GMT
Nov 7, 2016 -- 8:08PM, charwell. wrote:

I thought Leicester fans were a decent bunch and then this imbecile shows up.My late grandad had a season ticket for almost 70 years.  That takes some doing as it's a heck of a commute from China.

He's not a Leicester fan - he's a worried Man U supporterSad
Report degsy42 November 7, 2016 8:31 PM GMT
not another one
Report charwell. November 7, 2016 8:37 PM GMT
That makes sense then!

It is by those who support Everton yes. A self proclaimed title. But then you knew that really you little feather ruffled scamp anxious Laugh

By the way funny how the peoples club can't fill Woodison but have delsusions of building a 70k stadium on the docks to entice the punters from 'all over the world.' And the true Blues are in harmony with the mancs. Even throwing buffets on for them @ The Brick alehouse. Whilst the mancs had a YSB banner hung in there LaughLaughLaugh

You couldn't make that sh1t up!
Report crystalhunt November 7, 2016 8:38 PM GMT
The masters of diversion threadsLaugh
Report Burton-Brewers November 7, 2016 8:40 PM GMT
you are all plastics
Report degsy42 November 7, 2016 8:40 PM GMT
kirby sock stealers
Report efisio. November 7, 2016 8:41 PM GMT
Laugh It's Kirkby.
Report anxious November 7, 2016 8:45 PM GMT
Don't they sing - We've got a diamond called ross barkley and he comes from Wavertree Cool
Report TheChaser November 7, 2016 8:46 PM GMT
Did Liverpool owners not threaten the locals to leave their homes so they could extend the ARENA
Report efisio. November 7, 2016 8:47 PM GMT
I love it when they squeek "weeeeee don't care what the red**** say" sound like a bunch of schoolgirls.
Report charwell. November 7, 2016 8:55 PM GMT
Did Liverpool owners not threaten the locals

Yes. Ian Ayre went round on his Harley Davidson and threatened them with a half season ticket for EFC...........without obstructed views. That shifted the buggers!
Report pushkin99 November 7, 2016 9:54 PM GMT
My first Anfield game was in 1981............I now live in Wirral so I guess that is well outside the OPs definition of Merseyside.

Rumours of the peoples club must be true, it is plastered all over the Arriva buses I see in town lol
Report themover November 7, 2016 10:13 PM GMT
weezer

Joined Betfair: 15 Jun 06
My blog:
Last 6 months activity

Forum posts: 70

Shocked
Report TheChaser November 7, 2016 10:13 PM GMT
Is the peoples club like the Peoples Champ in boxing ? Just someone or some team who takes beaten after beaten when they hit any big stage and people feel sorry for them.
Report ALLINBLIND November 7, 2016 10:22 PM GMT
lol why would you write that on a betting forum soft lad, get a grip noddy.
Report ALLINBLIND November 7, 2016 10:23 PM GMT
Leicester have a cringeworthy support except for their top lads who I know.
Report TheChaser November 7, 2016 10:24 PM GMT
who the fooks noddy

ALLINBLIND 07 Nov 16 22:22 Joined: 15 Feb 10 | Topic/replies: 289

What's your other name Grin
Report spyker November 7, 2016 10:56 PM GMT
What kind of sad and pathetic world does the op live in where Gloryhunters still living off their success of the 70's 80's. and living off that success of the 70's and 80's? has any sort of significance to anyone other than those playing 'Top Trumps' from the period with their nan?
Can one of you stats boys work out the correlation between the number of these type of threads and the likeliehood of Liverpool winning as there seems to be some sort of weird coincidence when Liverpool do well for a few weeks and them appearing? TVM
Report miss.wales November 8, 2016 9:18 AM GMT
Chargrill

By the way funny how the peoples club can't fill Woodison

All league games this season sold out and all away allocations sold.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.
Report PorcupineorPineapple November 8, 2016 9:21 AM GMT
To be fair to miss wales I haven't heard any adverts for half season tickets on local radio yet so all's wellDevil

btw, drove past Goodison yesterday; what's getting built behind the Park End?
Report TheBetterBettor November 8, 2016 11:19 AM GMT
Report TheBetterBettor November 8, 2016 11:19 AM GMT
Report TheBetterBettor November 8, 2016 11:21 AM GMT
pushkin99 14 Feb 12 18:33

An observation from a Southampton supporter - can someone explain to me why man u fans such ar5se licking hypocritical bores? Are they born that way or is it part of the man u conditioning during their sad pathetic

------------

Sums that gloryhuntin lot up.
Report TheBetterBettor November 8, 2016 11:24 AM GMT
Also better ask 'liverpool' fan Charlton2005 the REAL reason behind his user name
Report crystalhunt November 8, 2016 11:43 AM GMT
Yes Bozo - can I help you. Laugh
Report no-won-sun November 8, 2016 1:34 PM GMT
I note that bbc2, Pandorica and peter the butcher seem to have deserted the "lost cause". Never mind The Bitter Barsteward is still available for a laugh, where would we be without fergie's flap himself.
Report somemuppet November 8, 2016 4:55 PM GMT

I met this bird in Liverpool
Report anxious November 8, 2016 6:18 PM GMT
Don't the toffees sing something about f... off back to Norway Laugh
Report crystalhunt November 9, 2016 1:41 AM GMT
Probably - but desperate people sing desperate songs. They will rise again but not in the immediate futureExcitedGrin
Report MrMeaner November 9, 2016 6:55 PM GMT
Born & raised less than a mile away from Anfield. Do I pass the test ? & I'm pretty sure if Leicester started winning league titles & European honours on a regular basis, then their world-wide support would start to extend to the four corners of the earth. It was far more expensive back in the 70's & 80's for someone from Norway to travel to England for a Liverpool match. That's not the case now. The western world is also a lot more affluent than we were back then, so big clubs having supporters from far afield isn't just unique to LFC.

OP sounds a tad bitter btw.
Report gaz255 November 14, 2016 4:44 PM GMT

Nov 7, 2016 -- 8:41PM, efisio. wrote:

It's Kirkby.

.....and it`s sock `robbers` to be absolutely correct

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com