Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Diff-rent
27 Sep 16 22:51
| Topic/replies: 2,666 | Blogger: Diff-rent's blog
They build people up and then they can't wait to knock them down again. It's not the first time and it certainly won't be the last time. I am not Big Sam's biggest fan but these guys went out of there way to trap him. They don't care who they upset or who they hurt to get their story.

Well done on your big exclusive story and ruining another high profile persons career give yourselves a big pat on the back.
Pause Switch to Standard View I hope The Telegraph & the British...
Show More
Report bix September 28, 2016 9:00 AM BST
The Panorama programme of 2006 about corruption in football heavily featured Allardyce and his son Craig. If you're involved with fotball right at the top like the FA you'd be unlikely to not know what was going on with high profile individuals so the FA are either stupid, desperate or perhaps corruption goes a lot deeper than is known at the moment.
Report diabolicalliability September 28, 2016 9:20 AM BST
This reminds me of the story the scorpion and the frog.But which one is scorpion ?
Report mesmerised September 28, 2016 1:02 PM BST
Life is a game Charlene, nobody is going to give a f&&& about your morals when you are dead, play or be played, he wanted more money, easy money, big deal. This type of thing is always going to happen, happened 20 odd years ago to George Graham and is happening 20 years later to not just Sam but to 8 other known managers in the Premier League. In every industry there is greed, banking, politics, Law and even the medical profession, consultants charging the NHS, 4 figure sums for one nights work. Tying to 'clean up the game' completely is as likely to happen as climbing Everest with a fridge on your back. So now the world knows Sam is like the rest of us, greedy, and now we have an even lesser manager foisted upon us.   

I also advocate cheating in games or 'clever play', then England might actually get somewhere, diving, waving cards, time wasting, winding players up, it's helped other countries in the past so why not, the culture in this country of fair play  has the rest of the world laughing at us, that's why the World Cup is also going to Russia. They know the score. One day you might wake up.
Report Johnny_Mustang September 28, 2016 1:09 PM BST
Turn it in, you mug.
Report betchat September 28, 2016 1:27 PM BST
Whatever anyone thinks of the telegraph and the latest England manager it all just goes to show that the problem with English football (football the game - not the business) these days is that nearly every decision is to do with money rather than football.
Report Autocue September 28, 2016 1:33 PM BST
Mesmerised is right, morals schmorals, and his wife pulls a train with the best of them.
Report TheBaron September 28, 2016 1:44 PM BST
Luv it when the media get on their high horse about morals.

I've just checked on my list of things I couldn't give a toss about .....this comes in at number 356.
Report DIE LINKE September 28, 2016 1:47 PM BST
BFS will have thought the same...until yesterday.
Report OnePercenter September 28, 2016 1:58 PM BST
Allegations Allardyce took a bung for the loan of Ravel Morrison to Cardiff. Looking very likely Big Sam will not work in England again.
Report Life-Lucky September 28, 2016 2:02 PM BST
Possible there was history between Allardyce and those journos? IMHO they knew or strongly suspected b4hand that Sam was a bad on boy on the make and they thought the time was right to show the world. Possibly
Report kellydamo September 28, 2016 2:08 PM BST

Sep 27, 2016 -- 9:38PM, charwell. wrote:

Speechless that feckless half wits seem to think it's ok that the man in charge of looking after our nations football team is pre-occupied with further lining his own pockets in murky waters against a clearly defined set of rules designed to stop corruption.Even more concerning is comparing the investigative journalism to uncover the corrupt and greedy ongoing gravy train in our national game to hacking a murdered girls phone!Football has become a bloated, corrupt and morally bankrupt sport where UEFA, PL managers, overpaid footballers and ruthless agents dominate. The fans are treated with utter contempt and are fleeced with 'sky' high prices in order to facilitate this.Then muggerised et al are indignant that p1ssing in their soup is morally wrong. Well sorry, but the game needs cleaning up from the top down; and not accepting the brushing under the carpet of corruption and greed that facilitates the modern football circus.

Well said

Report kellydamo September 28, 2016 2:09 PM BST

Sep 28, 2016 -- 8:02AM, Life-Lucky wrote:

Possible there was history between Allardyce and those journos? IMHO they knew or strongly suspected b4hand that Sam was a bad on boy on the make and they thought the time was right to show the world. Possibly

you for real?  maybe google allardyce and his son to get upto speed

Report Life-Lucky September 28, 2016 2:24 PM BST
I know it sounded a bit simple, Kellydamo, but I meant those ACTUAL journos
Report Mikael D'Haguenet September 28, 2016 2:24 PM BST
Farewell Big Sam, we hardly knew ye.
Report dustybin September 28, 2016 2:38 PM BST
I still think newspaper should be forced to declare all the failed attempts at temptation.
The way they do it now they invest in entrapment and never speak again of the failed ones while making their money back on the ones that they 'catch'
That means you hear nothing of virtue but get a steady stream of 'cheating', so the knock on effect is to see only those that 'cheat'.
Report kellydamo September 28, 2016 2:57 PM BST

Sep 28, 2016 -- 8:38AM, dustybin wrote:

I still think newspaper should be forced to declare all the failed attempts at temptation.The way they do it now they invest in entrapment and never speak again of the failed ones while making their money back on the ones that they 'catch'That means you hear nothing of virtue but get a steady stream of 'cheating', so the knock on effect is to see only those that 'cheat'.

Really?  Absolutely ludicrous statement.  You've really thougt about that I can tell

Report Johnny_Mustang September 28, 2016 3:01 PM BST
Yes, absolute rubbish I'm afraid. Why should they anyway? And let's face it, nobody on here ever mentions a losing bet.......
Report dustybin September 28, 2016 3:10 PM BST
What?
You think the national press who shape public opinion should essentially regulate themselves, and that they are comparable to the betting punter?
The Leveson Inquiry was largely ignored.
Report efisio. September 28, 2016 3:12 PM BST
Best way to catch vermin... set a trap.
Report mesmerised September 28, 2016 3:15 PM BST
If Shakira put it on a plate for anyone of you, married or not, you would not turn it down and anyone that says otherwise is lying, even though it could end marriages, happy families etc, yet here you are all preaching about morals and integrity, get a grip, you are all guilty, now move on.
Report dustybin September 28, 2016 3:23 PM BST
Entrapment is enough to get a court case thrown out for good reason, because its incitement and coercive.
Nobody gets carte blanche not even the press.
Report Johnny_Mustang September 28, 2016 3:27 PM BST
Behave yourself. Allardyce exposed himself as a greedy buffoon and we should be grateful The Telegraph brought it to everybody's attention. You're doing yourself no favours son.
Report DOUBLED September 28, 2016 3:32 PM BST
Talentless manager who has won f all and gets paid 3 million a year and still wants more. Lucky man to have got anywhere near the England job so deserves f all sympathy
Report asparagus September 28, 2016 3:42 PM BST
Very odd for some people to think that because they have extremely dubious morals that the rest of us would too. Allardyce was very lucky to get the England job in view of his previous and fully deserved the sack.
Report dustybin September 28, 2016 3:45 PM BST
Im not talking about the individual, since the press would likely go for low hanging fruit and stuff em up over a long period like a turkey and only release a contrived version of events to support their story.
All the press almost exclusively have nodded away like dogs in tacit agreement that the actions justify the means, yet they arnt the ones that decide that and its indicative of the types feeding from the same trough and dont want to criticise their bread and butter.
Only Mathew Syed of the Times has to my knowledge said anything about the problems with the way the press have acted. Its not unreasonable to suggest that any sector should itself be properly regulated.
Report geordie1956 September 28, 2016 3:55 PM BST
It might be morally dubious what the press did but unfortunately you need evidence to prove someone's guilt - how else other than to play the part of the piper would they have obtained it?
Report kincsem September 28, 2016 4:06 PM BST
Honesty, drive, ability.
Candidates must have all three.  If they have two from three you are in trouble.

England managers lack all three. Laugh
Report dustybin September 28, 2016 4:15 PM BST
The code of conduct for the press pivots around a central axis (instigated by the press) that the press should be allowed to act in a manner outside of legislation so they can 'hold to account' those in power.
But that itself is such a small fig leaf that covers all eventualities and is insufficient since even the police arnt allowed to do what the press are.
We have to understand how we got here. Its because it was only ever regulation through voluntary inclusion.
Report unbiased September 28, 2016 4:53 PM BST
mesmerised,you come out often enough with some odd views,but you have surpassed everything thinking we would ALL be adulterers if the opportunity was there(especially with no risk of being caught).
   Some of us are decent people that have respect,and morals,and respect the marriage vows.You obviously don't,that's your choice.So don't put us in the same category as yourself!
   For my part I find it totally unacceptable that people holding high office,and so are well-paid,like footie managers,other top sportspeople,POLITICIANS etc.,can't be relied on to be honest,upright citizens.
  I don't like the gutter press,and only read racing papers,but exposing dishonesty needs to be done.
Report OnePercenter September 28, 2016 5:02 PM BST
Shakira!!!!

Who the **** wants Piqué's sloppy seconds Cry
Report Injera September 28, 2016 5:03 PM BST
I think it's a shame he's gone. Were there not other discplinary routes to be taken? A fine etc to go to charity?

When he said he could get around transfer rules, there are loopholes everywhere and the bigger the business you're in the more you can find. As for backhanders from agents, do we really think that ONLY SAM gets offered them?

None of these things trouble the average fan. What troubles me is diving,feigning injuries, dissent, appealing for corners when you know it hit you last and managers like Hughes (one of many ) who use disgusting language to an FA employee (linesman) and get a silly fine. Why didn't Stoke sack him?
Report bix September 28, 2016 5:25 PM BST
mesmerised
So now the world knows Sam is like the rest of us, greedy,

If Shakira put it on a plate for anyone of you, married or not, you would not turn it down

Speak for yourself mesmerised. What I can't understand in all this is why Allardyce at 61 and presumably with a fair bit tucked away and having everything he needs in life and a job paying £3m pa needs more.
Report mesmerised September 28, 2016 5:44 PM BST
Is there anyone willing to admit they'd cheat if they knew they'd get away with it? Apart from Pope Bix and Pope Unbiased.

We live in more enlightened times, marriage is a very outdated concept conceived at a time when men needed to own women. It's not natural to be with just one women for the rest of your life, you are all attracted to many different women and if a bit of paper is stopping you fulfilling your needs in 2016 then it's a sorry state of affairs. Your wives and girlfriends think about cheating all the time and given half a chance, would cheat to if they haven't already.
Report geordie1956 September 28, 2016 5:53 PM BST
you are a complete tool and your words merely emphasise that
Report geordie1956 September 28, 2016 5:56 PM BST
better to be thought of as a fool than to put it into words and remove all doubt
Report kincsem September 28, 2016 6:00 PM BST
mesmerised
16,834 posts in six years ...
.... or about eight witty and insightful posts every day. Sad
Report mesmerised September 28, 2016 6:20 PM BST
Whose trying to be witty, just honest. If you're fairly old like Geordie (60) than you are more likely to hold these old fashioned views because of the era you were born in, a sin it was to have kids without being married, you are indoctrinated, a bit like religious people, you believe what you have been taught to believe, but in today's modern world, people have a more divergent way of thinking rather than linear, churches are emptying and closing.

People cheat all the time from Prime Ministers (Major), to Presidents (Clinton) to Newsreaders (Letterman) to actors (Jude Law) to models (Heidi Klum). It's a cheating world and there's nothing wrong with it, people do what their instinct tells them to, some are braver than others and act on it.
Report BARNEY15C September 28, 2016 6:43 PM BST
trial by entrapment - don't make be f ucking laugh sam. Note umbrella man has described Sam as innocent, i bet he's one of the 8 waiting to be named by the Telegraph.
Report unbiased September 28, 2016 6:46 PM BST
mesmerised,how low a level are you trying to reduce yourself to?You have already passed basement,not much further to go.What on earth has being faithful got to with religion?You certainly have warped views on life.Also it has nothing to do with old-fashioned values.Goodness knows what you teach your kids,that is if you have any.
  Integrity,honesty,reliability,respect,decency,being faithful,aren't old-fashioned values,or anything to do with religion,they are all about being a decent person.
  So because people at the top level are dishonest pieces of filth,setting a rotten example,that is acceptable to you,and the norm.For what it's worth,the crime rate amongst kids from single parent families is proportionately higher than those from married couples.
"It's a cheating world and there's nothing wrong with it",according to mesmerised.Is he on a mission to see how big a catch he can get in his net,as it appears to be the point of a statement like that!!??
  Nothing whatsoever to do with being "brave",more like being an untrustworthy piece of filth,rotten right through.
Report charwell. September 28, 2016 6:59 PM BST
muggerised is your life so bereft of any form of value that you have to act like an attention seeking, odious, squealing banshee at every opportunity?
Report mesmerised September 28, 2016 7:21 PM BST
Law abiding citizen here, I don't break laws I bend rules that are there to be bent and have no issue with others who do the same if it means they can get ahead in life, although even with the wealthy, I have no problem with tax avoiders, this country spunks an insane amount of money on everything and anything from quango's to helping people feel more European to buying giant stones outside of hospitals because that apparently helps their well being, that 20k would have paid a nurses salary for a year, so if people choose to keep their money by legal means and spend it the way they see fit that's fine by me. Nothing to do with seeking attention, it's a viewpoint that many people hold.
Report charwell. September 28, 2016 7:50 PM BST
You are an attention seeker.

And a 1st class 1diot.
Report mesmerised September 28, 2016 7:54 PM BST
You'd make someone a lovely wife CharleneLaugh
Report Diff-rent September 28, 2016 9:20 PM BST
I am not sticking up for Sam and he accepts he has done wrong. But I do not agree with the way the press go about destroying people's careers for the sake of selling it and making money. (Entrapment)

I thought legally it's wrong to record someone without their knowledge as evidence ?   If this went to court / tribunal how would this have panned out ?
Report Diff-rent September 28, 2016 9:24 PM BST
Greed is a small part of human nature. Money speaks many languages as they say. Sam must have huge regrets.
Report skygreenzone September 28, 2016 9:29 PM BST
Diff-rent money makes the world go round telegraph is a business is sam a business.
Report dustybin September 28, 2016 10:04 PM BST
That's quite correct, they are businesses, and when they say 'in the public interest' what they are actually saying is 'what we say you should be interested in'.
Not for the good of the public good or morals or integrity, but in something that pays.
That is why those that create the content shouldn't be the ones regulating themselves because they too are acting for money alone.
Report dustybin September 28, 2016 10:06 PM BST
Who in the street honestly cares if Sam took home 3million or 3.4million with after dinner engagements thrown in?
Honestly?
Without the papers telling you you should care probably nobody
Report themightymac September 28, 2016 10:29 PM BST
Greedy b****** Devil The more money they get, the greedier they get. Best job in English football and the job all managers want with 3 million a year but still not enough. No scruples whatsoever. His own fault and he must be sick as a parrot - at getting caught out, that is.
Report hippie September 28, 2016 10:37 PM BST

Unbeknown to Allardyce, the businessmen were undercover reporters and he was being filmed as part of a 10-month Telegraph investigation that separately unearthed widespread evidence of bribery and corruption in British football.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/26/exclusive-investigation-england-manager-sam-allardyce-for-sale/

He wasn't targetted, his "mate" walked him into the middle of it.

Report Johnny_Mustang September 29, 2016 8:32 AM BST
Diff-rent
I am not sticking up for Sam and he accepts he has done wrong. But I do not agree with the way the press go about destroying people's careers for the sake of selling it and making money. (Entrapment).

This is EXACTLY the type of thing newspapers have a responsibility to report. Allardyce's career should have been cut short years ago for his one-dimensional, Neanderthal brand of hoof ball blighting the beautiful game. That it took a leading broadsheet to expose him on an entirely different subject is of no consequence.
Report dustybin September 29, 2016 8:58 AM BST
I understand your argument JM and in many ways I agree with it.
However it's wrong to say a 'for profit' entity should be the bearers and shapers of society in my view.
Newspapers have no 'role' other than to take money from the public's pockets by keeping them enthralled in a saga that's as much entertainment as informative.
To suggest the press are practically unapproachable (yes some journalists went to jail) but look at the fuss and effort that took, most just paid off those they had wronged out of the purses made from the tickle tackle they'd created via the business model.
Report spyker September 29, 2016 9:53 AM BST
Baffling that anybody has any sympathy for fat sam esp with his long history of known dodgy dealings, hmmm maybe the telegraph just picked his name at random? Whomever advised him to portray himself as 'just doing a mate of 30 years a favour' should be shot as well. Turning up for the meeting is 'doing a mate a favour', staying there with your financial advisers and lawyer (who obv aren't 100% innocent) and discussing obviously dodgy dealings that enrich you with complete and utter strangers when you've just been appointed England manager on a multi million pound contract (when one knows one may have been out of one's old job very soon anyway) is pure avarice and stupidity.
Anybody that thinks Eng haven't dodged a hail of bullets with this, as it's obv something would have come out at some point very soon, needs a good think!
Report dustybin September 29, 2016 10:01 AM BST
Personally I took the stance that the operation of creating stories needs to be transparent in the sense it has to be scrutinised by regulation, I didn't get into the whys and where fors about the character of the individual in question.
To me it seems wholly illogical to say that a person has form in this area and then to have to set them up artificially.
If they have done it before then investigate that, after all that would be proper journalism not entrapment which isn't lawful anywhere else.
Report dustybin September 29, 2016 10:11 AM BST
If it's any consolation I can actually appreciate why people might not see it the way I do, but just consider this.

What we are seeing before us is a show trial outside of court by a public opinion which is lead by a party who supplies contrived and selective evidence that they have a vested interest in.

That to me isn't what our system should be trumpeting as some vestibule of virtue.
Report asparagus September 29, 2016 10:20 AM BST
The simple truth is that anyone with decent morals would not have been 'caught' like Allardyce was. They either wouldn't have been at the meeting in the first place or would have made excuses and politely left once it was clear where the conversation was going. As has been said it's obvious that Allardyce was targeted not because he was England manager, but because he had previous allegations and was much more likely to incriminate himself than the average person. Nothing wrong with that sort of thing if it weeds out the bad guys. Allardyce couldn't even bring himself to admit that it was his fault blaming a 'mate of 20-30 years' and 'entrapment'. No Allardyce you were greedy, disrespectful and prepared to break F.A. (your employer) rules just to line your own pockets further despite claiming it was your job of a lifetime. Good riddance to a rotten man.
Report Johnny_Mustang September 29, 2016 10:24 AM BST
dustybin
If it's any consolation I can actually appreciate why people might not see it the way I do, but just consider this. What we are seeing before us is a show trial outside of court by a public opinion which is lead by a party who supplies contrived and selective evidence that they have a vested interest in. That to me isn't what our system should be trumpeting as some vestibule of virtue.

If I ever find myself in court dustybin I pray to God you'll be on the jury - looks like you'd let anyone off.
Report Racingqueen September 29, 2016 10:27 AM BST
There really is very little in these reports. The hatchet jobs on Ceillini and Hasselbaink are a joke. The leeds guy is being hammered cos he advised them to buy a % of the club if they wanted player profits...Crazy completely morally legal and correct
Report jed.davison September 29, 2016 10:38 AM BST
Hard to feel sympathy for Allardyce, but I think this kind of operation is pretty scummy in general - one only has to look at how the Fake Sheikh carried on and where that has ended up. And it still sticks in one's craw to be given morality lessons by the Barclay Brothers.

That said, once again the blame lies squarely at the door of the FA - it's extraordinary that they have appointed Allardyce in the first place given his previous, especially when one must assume it is his impropriety which has cost Redknapp a job on which he arguably has a far greater claim than BFS.
Report lauradoom September 29, 2016 10:52 AM BST
Yay!, lets screw over the England Manager and disrupt the team in the midst of a W/C quali. just to sell some newspapers.
Report jed.davison September 29, 2016 11:04 AM BST
It would have put their football writers' noses right out of joint when the FA appointed a working-class Neanderthal spiv, that's why they've gone after him.
Report Regular Fries September 29, 2016 11:17 AM BST
The sting wasn't necessarily out to get the England manager one imagines, he just got caught up in it which was a massive bonus to the newspaper.
Report Johnny_Mustang September 29, 2016 11:39 AM BST
It's a massive bonus for everybody.
Report spyker September 29, 2016 11:55 AM BST
It would have put their football writers' noses right out of joint when the FA appointed a working-class Neanderthal spiv, that's why they've gone after him.

Except of course a meeting like this takes time (months) to set up - way before Allersheyt was appointed England manager and he's one of many so wasn't singled out. Apart from that it's a very valid point.
Report dustybin September 29, 2016 12:03 PM BST
If we wangle wenger out of it then I'll be a supporter of the press freedoms
Wenger would be on a level England have never had before.
Report Blackrock September 29, 2016 12:38 PM BST
I think people hate the greed of what is an already rich man on 3 mill a year to boot.

But the brown envelope bungs are everywhere in life. Politicians [ you help fund my campaign and i'll look after you when im elected] to the awarding of contracts for kickbacks in the business sector.

It's all rotten to the core, but our world nowadays is based totally on money. Decency is a rare commodity these days.
Report unbiased September 29, 2016 1:07 PM BST
dustybin is under the illusion that a manager like Wenger could turn moderate players into World class players!!!!!
We don't have Ozil,Sanchez,Cech etc.,and have very average CBs.Dream on,besides which a country like ours must have English manager(s).
Report JC1326 September 29, 2016 1:31 PM BST
Seems Charwell is annoyed with Mesmerised for exposing him as not being able to tip sh*t from a shovel
Report breadnbutter September 29, 2016 1:39 PM BST
Maybe its time the Fans picked the National team instead of the agents.

Managers are way overrated anyway ,they can make a mess of it but cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear ,its all about having an excellent  backroom team with great communication skills , knitting everyone together ,having top tactical people that understand the teams limitations and set there stall out accordingly .
A good manager can make small changes or react to someone not doing there job don the day but true international players know their job and as long as they are not messed about they go out and do the it ,they all know each other and know what they are about and just get on with it .Man management is key ,a good backroom staff working on communication but more importantly people that understand people.
And lets face it some footballers are just a couple of notches up from spoilt brats ,so  need kindergarten type handling or they throw pop star tantrums  which can affect moral when away from home .
You can have one or two whos talents can carry them past there mental weakness but if you have too many your fcked .
Report BARNEY15C September 29, 2016 1:55 PM BST
Another bit of decisive action. Barnsleys Tommy Wright has been sacked. Lets see what his mitigation was. After all he vehmently denied any wrongdoing.
Report dustybin September 29, 2016 2:22 PM BST
unbiased
Wenger is better a manager than we have had to date, which compared to the other options makes his appointment the most desirable outcome of all.
He could use walcott and sterling which isnt a bad start
Report dustybin September 29, 2016 2:27 PM BST
..not that I could see him take it.
He will just be using it as leverage for another Arsenal contract.

Besides who the feck is mad enough and good to take it when they see our bi-polar press in action?
The stoke up the flames of excess on the back of the slightest of whims then burn the house down with everyone in it when their expectations arnt met.
Report DOUBLED September 29, 2016 2:49 PM BST
lauradoom 29 Sep 16 10:52 Joined: 01 May 12 | Topic/replies: 266 | Blogger: lauradoom's blog
Yay!, lets screw over the England Manager and disrupt the team in the midst of a W/C quali. just to sell some newspapers.

Wor Lass could manage England against Malta and the rest of the sh1te in the group and would do it for a million Laugh
Report rosebowl September 29, 2016 2:57 PM BST
I hope Tommy Wright declared his £5k bung to HMRC.They can be very unforgiving on tax evasion.
Report BARNEY15C September 29, 2016 3:06 PM BST
Yep it doesnt end for him there.
Report BARNEY15C September 29, 2016 3:06 PM BST
Yep it doesnt end for him there.
Report themover September 29, 2016 3:09 PM BST
67 days work, seven figure pay off ShockedCrazy
Report BARNEY15C September 29, 2016 3:12 PM BST
Wonder what Tommy Wrights payoff will be in comparison.
Report Injera September 29, 2016 4:38 PM BST
Should the Queen be sacked too? She gets over 500k in EU farm subsidies..

The UK's top beneficiaries include estates owned partly or wholly by the Queen (£557,706.52); Lord Iveagh (£915,709.97); the Duke of Westminster (£427,433.96), the Duke of Northumberland (£475,030.70 ) the Mormons (£785,058.94) - and many wealthy business people.

Asked if the Queen thought it appropriate to receive taxpayers' subsidy based on the size of her land holding, a spokesman for the Palace said: "Subsidies are open to all farmers, and are received on the Queen's private estate. We would not comment beyond the detail that is already in the public domain."

Perfectly legal but morally wrong?

The self righteousness of the media is sickening. What's worse, Allardyce perhaps getting a deal for 400k or getting the sack and being given 1m by the FA?
Report If Dolphins Were Monkeys September 29, 2016 4:45 PM BST
Report mesmerised September 29, 2016 4:47 PM BST
Should Alex Ferguson lose his knighthood, he used to send United Jersey's to players he wanted to sign, like Mexes? Mourinho was caught having meetings with Ashley Cole when still an Arsenal player. T@pping Up is the correct term. Underhandedness goes on all the time on football and always will, this story will blow over and the same things will carry on happening, so it makes me laugh that people are heaping praise on these self important newspapers as if their sole goal was to root out corruption and be the countries moral guardian. Nothing will change except people will now just be more careful, the only way it could possibly change is if money disappeared from football, that wont be happening any time soon. The preciousness that people are pontificating on here is nauseating. All they have done is simply reveal to fans what they already suspected and mostly did not really care about.
Report DIE LINKE September 29, 2016 4:52 PM BST
One thing that saddens and confuses me about the whole Allardyce affair is why he chooses to live in Bolton.
Report DOUBLED September 29, 2016 4:55 PM BST
Only place he ever had any (small) success - think he got sacked from every other job Laugh
Report Coachbuster September 29, 2016 4:57 PM BST
all managers should undergo a test before getting any job - there are tests out there designed to  evaluate the  way you think about things/choices  and they are cheat proof  .
Report call it a day September 29, 2016 7:48 PM BST
Institutionalised corruption in our nation rife and bolstered by a largely complicit press...Orgreave, Hillsborough ,blacklsting,weapons of mass destruction, IRA framing,etc. And now we are in apoplexy over a hapless football manager trying to earn a dodgy wedge. Simply unbelievable.
Report mesmerised September 29, 2016 8:02 PM BST
Well said. People are praising the written press to the hilt when they are as unscrupulous as the people they report on.
Report Diff-rent September 29, 2016 9:04 PM BST
It's nice to see some people agree the press are out of order the way they conduct themselves at times.

Reading (The Sun) paper Today one of their writers agreed with Big Sam leaving his position but he also thought it was a very brave move as the FA lawyer's advised them Big Sam had actually done nothing legally wrong under his contract.
Report DIE LINKE September 29, 2016 10:32 PM BST
I don't get the logic of saying that newspapers owned by sh1thouses and written by sh1thouses can't expose other sh1thouses.
Report call it a day September 30, 2016 9:35 AM BST
Of course they can. But adopting a higher moral tone does sit comfortably....
Report call it a day September 30, 2016 9:36 AM BST
Does not!
Report spyker September 30, 2016 9:53 AM BST
Big Sam had actually done nothing legally wrong under his contract.

First of, have they seen the contract or are they just guessing, 2nd it may well be true in which case whoever drew the contract should also be sacked as any number of clauses can easily cover this.
Report dustybin September 30, 2016 11:37 AM BST
It looks like circumstantial evidence to me.
Report Pleasegivemeanailedontip September 30, 2016 11:37 PM BST
Love that this 'investigative journalism that is in the public interest' is being dragged out over a week leading up to the big headlines in the sunday papers

Next week - more shocking revelations about how football agents are making actual money out of footballers!!!
Report themover September 30, 2016 11:50 PM BST
Maybe the FA will produce their findings into "dodgy" practices in English football

....although that would probably fit on the back of a stamp instead of a newspaper!
Report TheBetterBettor October 1, 2016 10:53 AM BST
no one will ever speak to the telegraph ever again....

their football supplement must be dead in the water
Report TheBetterBettor October 1, 2016 11:15 AM BST
Big Sam had actually done nothing legally wrong under his contract.

bringing the game into disrepute. and Im sure that there must be some morality clauses brought in since svengate.
Report Injera October 1, 2016 2:37 PM BST
Bringing the game into disrepute isn't a sackable offence though.
Report geordie1956 October 1, 2016 2:41 PM BST
if it is your contract then it is
Report Injera October 1, 2016 5:05 PM BST
Wish I could work for 67 days, get sacked and receive a £1m payoff.

I reckon it's another example of the FA bringing the game into disrepute. Whoever writes these contracts must have a good chuckle.
Report dukeofpuke October 2, 2016 1:05 AM BST
they outed sam as a greedy so and so

why didnt they out saville for what he was

makes me puke
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com