Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
gareth23.
29 Dec 13 08:52
| Topic/replies: 78 | Blogger: gareth23.'s blog
I've been to eight Villa games this season, and now seen them score in two of them.
They were awful against Palace, who deserved to win.
They were very lucky to draw against Swansea, who should be kicking themselves.
27% possession at home is a disgrace. Note this was not against Man City, but against Swansea.
How Swansea are only just ahead of Villa I don't know.
The amazing thing is that they have beaten anyone.
But for a flukey win against Soton when they had 22% (yes, 22%) of the possession and won 3-2 with their only three attempts going in, things would look a lot grimmer.
Bottom line is:
They have the worst home record in all four divisions (probably the worst in Europe)
They have the worst possession stats in the division (probably the worst in Europe)
They are top of the fouls league in the division (nice work Lambert, worst team and the dirtiest as well)

No creativity at all in midfield where they are easily over-run; a counter attacking team that has been found out and are unable to even create chances against the other teams in the relegation battle, let alone beat them.

Sure they have two important players out, but Benteke looks disinterested before the latest injury anyway.
Has he already signed for the Gunners???
Vlaar is excellent but injury prone.
Manager cannot see the wood for the trees - his team needs quality and experience, not youth and potential right now.
Should not be 6/1 for relegation. They were 33/1 two weeks ago, which may have been the bet of the season.
Show More
Report tobermory December 29, 2013 5:52 PM GMT
Does look a bit grim there
Report Roker_Park December 29, 2013 6:00 PM GMT
You are playing my team Sunderland on New Years Day.

If anyone can give other teams a lift its Sunderland. Grin
Report tobermory December 29, 2013 6:05 PM GMT
who do Villa fans blame for this ?

Is Lambert just out of his depth or is he just not given any money by Lerner Confused
Report Hamsterdam December 29, 2013 6:07 PM GMT
Indeed the stats are beyond shocking. The games we've won we have been very lucky apart from probably Arsenal away. We are definitely in a false position in the sense we should be bottom! Last season we relied on Benteke becoming Europe's top goal scorer (calender year 2013) to save us...is that going to happen this season? I doubt it. As for his form, all down to that injury vs Norwich. Was very nasty the way he landed twisting his hip, never been the same since.
Report prepared83 December 29, 2013 7:50 PM GMT
I've defended lambert for ages but enoughs enough now. The football is awful and he is tactically clueless. Plays players out of position and holds grudges that affect the team. Oh and he had money this summer and wasted it on players who are mostly worse than what we already had. Next 3 games sundeland (a) arsenal (h) liverpool (a) absolute maximum of 1 point from that lot. Take the 13/2 for relegation now as this team is awful. Angry
Report OldGold December 29, 2013 9:53 PM GMT
I had the misfortune to go yesterday and as a neutral (sorta) observer, they look like a middling championship team at best.  Need Benteke back badly, but is his head in the right place?  They couldn't keep the ball and made Swansea look like Barca but without the end product.
Report Knight Rider December 29, 2013 10:27 PM GMT
I remember a thread in the summer tipping up Villa for the handicap.  Their fans seemed very optimistic!  Wonder if anyone can dig that one out.
Report prepared83 December 29, 2013 10:31 PM GMT
i was one of them knight rider, but i didn't think lamberts signings would be so bad and i didnt think he was totally clueless back then either. Key injuries/lack of form have hit us as well. But feck me the football we play right now is beyond awful.
Report Knight Rider December 29, 2013 10:41 PM GMT
I remember you were dreadful around Christmas last year as well.  Lost 3 games in a row by about 16-0 combined didn't you?  But he turned it around in the new year.  Perhaps the same will happen again?
Report prepared83 December 29, 2013 10:56 PM GMT
vlaar got injured at exactly the same time last year, these kids need someone to organise them at the back.
Report OldGold December 29, 2013 11:17 PM GMT
Defence isn't the problem, the midfield is imo.
Report prepared83 December 30, 2013 12:01 AM GMT
true, but they defend deeper to protect the back 4, crying out for a couple of decent midfielders
Report Cork Langer December 30, 2013 12:26 AM GMT
Somewhat ironic that Bazza Bannan who Villa couldn't wait to unload and we at Palace didn't want, has flourished since his move, he can at least pick a pass unlike the Villa midfield recently, seems to be thriving on the responsibility Pulis has given him and the support of strong defensive midfield players like Jedinak and Ward doing the ball winning.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com