Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Fela Kuti
29 Apr 12 19:37
| Topic/replies: 1,378 | Blogger: Fela Kuti's blog
http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/NewsAndFeatures/2012/statement-roy-hodgson-300412.aspx
Pause Switch to Standard View FA approach Roy Hodgson
Show More
Report Horangi. April 29, 2012 10:14 PM BST
There is a realistic chance this upcoming appointment is temporary for the Euro's. 

Pep just resting up before he takes the job after the Euro's, Hodgson or whoever is just keeping the seat warm.
Report billy April 29, 2012 10:16 PM BST
A sound bit of trading. It's the FA making the announcement. Loathe them or hate them they can't be seen to confuse anymore
Report ours4keeps April 29, 2012 10:16 PM BST
You remember it wrong.

The Arsenal draw was very unlucky; we played very well and got done by a last minute equaliser.

The Man City defeat was a drubbing, pure and simple.

In the Utd game we were 2 down before levelling only to be done by Berbatov's late goal to clinch his hat trick.
Liverpool fans were actually very fair on him and praised the spirit to get back into it before succumbing late on.

As for any other manager doing the same...
later that very same season we drew away at Arsenal, humped City 3-0 and beat Utd 3-1...so, to sum up, yes it's fair to say another manager could get better results in those fixtures.
Report Mr.Angry April 29, 2012 10:21 PM BST
And with that SAME manager now face one of the worst seasons in living memory?
Report Can't Catch Me April 29, 2012 10:24 PM BST
Mr A. You're missing a lot of points here. Hodgson had us 15th for the first half of the season. Kenny came in and with almost exactly the same squad, had us 2nd best in the league from the second half of the season. Quite an improvement Im sure you'd agree?

The fact he then proceeded to mess that squad up and buy a load of over priced dross doesn't change the fact he did infinitely better than Hodgson did. Just because Kenny isn't doing wellst the min, doesnt change the fact Hodgson was atrocious.
Report Marxist-Leninist April 29, 2012 10:26 PM BST
This has to be a temporary appointment, it beggars belief that Euro 2012 is just over a month away and nobody has been appointed.
Report ours4keeps April 29, 2012 10:27 PM BST
2 wrongs and all that.

Dalglish's failings in a lot of Liverpool fans' eyes is not just carrying on the form of last season. We played great football, had some very good results and instead of building on that he spent the summer signing players aimed at putting the ball on Carroll's head. Deeply flawed and, cup success apart, has led to failure. The only thing he could do to make it worse would be to sign Konchesky and Poulsen and identify Carlton Cole as the answer to our goalscoring problems.
Report Horangi. April 29, 2012 10:28 PM BST
Can't Catch Me -

Its short sighted and truly pointless to judge managers on a small sample of results.  There are so many variables in getting results.
Report ours4keeps April 29, 2012 10:31 PM BST
horangi, how would you judge him over, say, the last 16 years?

Is he the man to go toe to toe with the likes of Loew, Blanc, Prandelli etc?
Report Horangi. April 29, 2012 10:33 PM BST

Apr 29, 2012 -- 10:31PM, ours4keeps wrote:

horangi, how would you judge him over, say, the last 16 years?Is he the man to go toe to toe with the likes of Loew, Blanc, Prandelli etc?

Record ain't bad.  But it seems like a lot of you are influenced by determining success based on how many trophies they've won. 

imo if Hodgson managed Man City or Man Utd they would be in the same position or better.

Report Horangi. April 29, 2012 10:33 PM BST
I would definitely take him over that clown Mancini.
Report ours4keeps April 29, 2012 10:35 PM BST
Well, I hope you're right and Utd give him a chance when Fergie finally drinks himself to oblivion.
Report GoBallistic April 29, 2012 10:35 PM BST
Hodgson is going to be on a hiding to nothing. The media's selection has been snubbed and they will crucify him
Report billy April 29, 2012 10:37 PM BST
Crucified comes with the job - whoever you are and however well you do
Report GoBallistic April 29, 2012 10:38 PM BST
Well there is usually a honeymoon period of a year but maybe not this time
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? April 29, 2012 10:45 PM BST
Great, another manager who will attempt to turn England into a defensive team so that when it comes to the important matches, they lose 0-1.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? April 29, 2012 10:45 PM BST
or draw 0-0 and lose on penalties.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? April 29, 2012 10:46 PM BST
The fans want the players to compete to their ability, an England team that wipes the floor with the opposition, not a tentative side who gives their opponents too much respect and then says 'its the result that counts, we got the job done.'

Why dont the FA dimwits get this?
Report Marxist-Leninist April 29, 2012 10:52 PM BST
Most club sides are functional these days, bar the likes of Barcelona and Arsenal, and national sides are no different, bar Spain.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? April 29, 2012 10:54 PM BST
And what did Hodgson do at a big club like Liverpool? Nothing. So why should he be successful with England?
Report Marxist-Leninist April 29, 2012 11:01 PM BST
I don't think he will be successful. I'd have gone for O'Neil.
Report tony_soprano2 April 29, 2012 11:04 PM BST
Why are we surprised the FA have bungled everything again. As an institution they are totally inept and they prove this time and time again.

Is there any way as fans we can get the lot of them sacked? Why do we have to put up with this.
Report the dza April 29, 2012 11:05 PM BST
I think it is best that national sides have managers who are of that nationality -- surely, it's the whole point of international football, that both the players and the coach are representing their own nation? For the very small footballer nations, maybe exceptions are required. It's not like we can go and get Messi to play upfront; likewise, we should pick the best English coach available.

That being said, if it really doesn't matter about nationality, then I'd have picked Benitez -- a good cup manager and a tactician who could get a team set-up to beat technically superior sides.
Report green army April 29, 2012 11:05 PM BST
on most scores he should be better than arry, ie more intelligent, better grasp of all aspects of international football, the big question is how will the players react and how will he react to the egos,

from hodgsons point of view if it all goes tits up at the euros he gets a big fat cheque and is more than equipped to bag a good job somewere else in europe - something I reckon thats beyond arry, and remember they are about the same age
Report carvoeiro April 29, 2012 11:14 PM BST
Can't wait for the press conference when they get Russia and Romania in their group.
Report h-bomb April 29, 2012 11:14 PM BST
Sorry if this offends anybody's sensibilities, but I personally believe that England are quite simply a crap, over-rated team, that's been hyped-up beyond all recognition by the British media, in the same way that the Premier League has.

The fact that one of the best managers in the world, Capello, couldn't get us a trophy - says it all. English fans are now generally blinded by this hype, brainwashed into believing that England has the best league in the world, and one of the best teams in the world. Brainwashed. Results don't lie, and we haven't even made a final for 46 years. In my opinion, there's not a manager alive who could turn the current England team of mediocre players into tournament winners.

IMO, whoever we pick is doomed to fail, so it's just a case of choosing the manner in which you'd like to fail. Stuart Pearce failed horribly with Nottingham Forest and the Under-21s. Surely can only be a joke contender. Harry is popular, but has no record of winning(also spends tonnes of cash and bankrupts clubs along the way). Hodgson with by far the best record of success in terms of winning things and big-club/international experience, but unpopular.

But does it really matter who they pick? The end result will be the same. Time everybody unplugged themselves from the 'England are the best' matrix.

PS.
For those betting on this, don't forget that when Cloughie failed to get the job (despite being the nation's choice), the F.A. chose on that occasion to give it to somebody who wasn't even one of the three managers they'd interviewed for the job (instead they gave it Ron Greenwood). So don't believe everything you see or read.
Report Helissio April 30, 2012 12:39 AM BST
How much do we think Daniel Levy wanted for Redknapp?
Report betting man April 30, 2012 12:57 AM BST
I think Levy would have wanted a fortune - probably asked for 12 maybe got 8 million. Harry's wages probably would have been 4 mil, Hodgson they will probably give 2.5 million so FA saving a fortune for what is a marginal choice. I think the price has to be a factor and all in decision is correct but he'll need to get the key players onside and hit the ground running.

The other theory is they are using this as a bargaining position so that if they do decide on Redknapp, Levy can't hold them to ransom. I think there could still be some "twists and turns" before the FA make an announcement.
Report jermaine defonebox April 30, 2012 8:55 AM BST
Thank god it's woy
How could they have Harry a man who cant turn on a computer has a heart conditional dodgy past hasn't won nothing bar a dodgy FA cup  and demands contracts that pay everything from his milk bill upwards
Report Jack Hacksaw April 30, 2012 9:15 AM BST
I think Harry went off the job once it was pointed out to him that he didn't have a £80m budget to buy new players and couldn't have a backroom team of 18.
Report Redrebel5 April 30, 2012 9:15 AM BST
And with that SAME man and with that SAME manager now face one of the worst seasons in living memory?

That same man actually saved us from one of the worst seasons in living memory when he took over from Hodgson.

& since when did getting to 2 cup finals constitute having a bad season ?
Report clarkey April 30, 2012 9:17 AM BST
h-bomb's post is pretty much spot on.This England squad is barely in the world's top 16 and,technically and talent wise,i dont think they're in the worlds top 32.Forget rankings and the ludicrously overhyped premier league nonsense,just remember the last time you saw England play whether it was against Spain,Wales,whoever and just remember how bad they are.Wales were made to look like Barcelona against them at Wembley!!!

The FA know this and Hodgson is the perfect choice to throw to the wolves when the very realistic possibility of failure to get out of their group in the Euros becomes reality.England reaching the quarters of any big tournament,given the current squad,would be a monumental effort,imo.

As for Roy,yes i know he made mistakes at Liverpool,failed to understand just what an unbelievably big club it was in terms of expectations(an away win against Bolton is NOT a great result in the clubs history Roy!!) but i felt he was never really given a chance by us fans or senior players at the club.He comes across as a decent man and good luck to him despite the fact it's inevitably going to end in tears.
Report Redrebel5 April 30, 2012 9:20 AM BST
Baddiel & skinner are frantically rushing through England's new song for the Euro's.

3 owls on my chest.
Report billy April 30, 2012 9:21 AM BST
But does it really matter who they pick? The end result will be the same. h-bomb • April 29, 2012 11:14 PM BST

Correct. A bad manager can make a bigger mess up of things but an outstanding manager can only do so much.

Given the structure of the National Game and how it is dissipated by the domestic game means that the National Manager (whoever it is)has no chance of making any sort of impression. Stating the bleedin obvious but there it is.

Much ado about nothing
Report guinness2dear April 30, 2012 9:47 AM BST
All this entails is the the FA have given up on Engerland ever becoming an international force again.

They have now settled for mid-table mediocrity and RH is just the man for the job..
Report DAN1974 April 30, 2012 10:02 AM BST
Expect a rigid 4-4-2 formation with lots of long diagonal balls from the full backs.
Report DeSSieReborn April 30, 2012 10:10 AM BST
Wonderful news. An england manager we can all respect.
Report DeSSieReborn April 30, 2012 10:13 AM BST
And before any Liverpool fans start dissing him, Liverpool have no ****ing English players good enough to make the England team so butt out please you're irrelevant....
Report Biscuit1979 April 30, 2012 10:14 AM BST
Poor bloke doesn't stand a chance.

The players wanted Harry, the red tops wanted Harry.
Report DeSSieReborn April 30, 2012 10:17 AM BST
Mr Hype and Circumstance? Who started those media rumours about him I wonder? GIVE IT TO HODGSON>
Report Mr. Memory April 30, 2012 10:18 AM BST
"Biscuit1979"......Billy Bonds did not want Harry.

Trevor Brooking did not want Harry.

I did not want Harry.

Some people have long memories.
Report Biscuit1979 April 30, 2012 10:24 AM BST
I didn't particularly want him either but after Capello went all the noise from players like Rio and Rooney and pretty much all the tabloids were that we "must get Harry"

Personally i don't think it matters who we get because the players aren't good enough. Our strikers (apart from Rooney) aren't good enough, there's no creativity in our midfield and our best centre backs are all the wrong side of 30. A managerial duo of Jose and Fergie would struggle to get us to a major final.
Report DeSSieReborn April 30, 2012 10:27 AM BST
Yes we are the equivalent of a spent force. No furking chance Cry
Report sparrow April 30, 2012 10:30 AM BST
West Ham fans certainly do have long memories, Mr. Memory. And not just for Ince.
Report BillyBunnsLane April 30, 2012 11:14 AM BST
England need a Manager with proven success, who can win things.

Yeah, but they also need the players.
Report montyspass April 30, 2012 11:26 AM BST
England had Fabio Capello and were unsuccessful. Now they'll have Hodgson and will be unsuccessful.
Report gareth23. April 30, 2012 11:35 AM BST
Exactly. It looks a done deal doesn't it? Harry must have seriously pissed off some people at the FA.
Report degsy42 April 30, 2012 11:36 AM BST
0-0 backers dream
Report gareth23. April 30, 2012 11:36 AM BST
h-bomb I doubt whether you will offend anyone in England with that assessment. England are indeed a pretty crap and over-rated team.
Report Bomb alaska April 30, 2012 11:42 AM BST
Any chance Roy could be appointed with a younger man in place to learn the ropes for the future? i.e. Stuart Pearce or Shearer?
Report guinness2dear April 30, 2012 11:44 AM BST
They could ask Methuselah ?
Report charwell. April 30, 2012 11:56 AM BST
FA & Hodgson deserve each other.

Dithering old incompetents with no grasp on reality.

England were never going to win Euro champs anyway but now getting beyond the group phase looks improbable. Hodgson can make Macedonia sound like the Brazil side of 1970 and would find a number of positives in a 4-0 defeat.
Report methusela April 30, 2012 12:03 PM BST
very nice man, but thats just fooked my summer up. home before postcards.
Report guinness2dear April 30, 2012 12:04 PM BST
Laugh
Report STEPTOES YARD April 30, 2012 12:08 PM BST
Maybe FA came to opinion that London media dont pick the England manager

Not sure arry being the "peoples choice" was proven either
Report Pastie April 30, 2012 12:15 PM BST
Good luck to Roy.

I for one am happy at his appointment. Wherever he has gone he has usually performed well with limited resources and players. Given England's dire lack of decent players he could get the most out of what we haven't got.

Also, according to Wikipedia, Roy is fluent in English, Norweigan, Swedish, Japanese, German and Italian. He also has a smattering of Korean, Danish, Finnish and French.

Harry Redknapp by his own admission can't even f**king spell!!!

I know who I'd rather have as manager.
Report charwell. April 30, 2012 12:20 PM BST
Forgive me I didn't think the job of an England Manager was to be an interpreter.

I withdraw my criticism of the FA. Well done the FA, clearly the best man for the job. We can't have Wayne Rooney mistakenly served Chickens feet instead of Beef Fried Rice now can we?
Report STEPTOES YARD April 30, 2012 12:28 PM BST
I remember when Kevin Keegan was the "peoples choice" back in 1999
Report Pastie April 30, 2012 12:29 PM BST
Well done for completely misinterpreting a simple post.

I clearly stated that Roy has a decent record with average players (England has plenty), and surprisingly for someone involved in Football, he also has a brain. Although, why would language skills not be an advantage for an INTERNATIONAL manager??

By comparison, dear old Harry is a tax dodging retard.
Report Geesyerdosh April 30, 2012 12:44 PM BST
BOTTOM LINE IS ENGLAND DO NOT HAVE GOOD ENOUGH PLAYERS. THE IDEA SCOTT PARKER IS SEEN BY MANY AS CRUCIAL SAYS EVERYTHING. THE ARROGANT EGOTISTICAL PLAYERS THEY DO HAVE WILL GIVE HODGSON NO RESPECT AND DO AS THEY FEEL LIKE.

REDKNAPP MAY BE MANY THINGS BUT MAN MANAGEMENT IS PROBABLY ONE OF HIS BIGGEST STRENGTHS. SHORT TERM ESPECIALLY YOU COULD OF SEEN HIM GETTING THE PLAYERS ONSIDE AND OVERACHIEVING AT THE EUROS.

AS IT IS IT SHOULD BE A RIGHT GOOD LAUGH LaughLaughLaugh
Report STEPTOES YARD April 30, 2012 12:46 PM BST
Why is arry rated so much better than roy

just dont get it myself

Think both good managers but just dont see how arry gets such a massive trumpet blowing
Report jermaine defonebox April 30, 2012 12:50 PM BST
The best news is that's finally got rid of the scouse mafia who have been running and  bullying the England squad for years
Harry would have picked the same basic bunch that sven did woy knows the problem with the Liverpool players so goodbye gerrard johnston carragher etc
Report peeler April 30, 2012 1:02 PM BST
Dear sad Englishmen-you still believe that under the cockney mafia you are still a force in world football.Irrspective of the club bias in some of the posts on this subject none of you seem able to grasp that Hodgson is the best of a poor bunch of English managers-- the facts are there if you look for them.
As for Redknapp-perhaps he didn't want the job-can't screw the skint fa can he?
It would not be surprising that after the English are again out played in a major championship that Hodgson is relieved of his post and the subject is open for discussion again.

Irrespective of that I hope Hodgson does'nt take any **** from the following;

TERRY--COLE--FERDINAND--LAMPARD--THE SUN--DAILY MIRROR.

Do your own thing Roy enjoy it while it lasts.
Report David Icke April 30, 2012 1:17 PM BST
Brooking hates Redknapp, FA can save a load of cash, everyone's a winner.
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 30, 2012 1:31 PM BST
can see it now

lump the ball down the chanels int he searing heat.

bet we dont win a game.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? April 30, 2012 1:32 PM BST
All these pundits saying 'I think Roy Hodgson was the better choice' were not even mentioning him before this was in the news. Laugh
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 30, 2012 1:33 PM BST
another oint is the swiss were damn good workers.

gonna be hilarious to see him try and get lampard to go box to box and close down effectively.

let alone walcott or who ever is on the other wing.

4-4-2 and hoof.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? April 30, 2012 1:34 PM BST
There was someone on the radio earlier saying that England should stop trying to be world beaters and should have a tactical, cautious approach to matches for a change. Evidently he thinks Keegan was the manager who just quit, because I am sure Cappello, McLaren, Erikkson etc. all tried that.
Report Can't Catch Me April 30, 2012 1:36 PM BST
Anyone with a modicum of knowledge knows the England team and players are vastly over rated by many of the country and alot of the media.

So what are those people who are posting this saying? We are cr@p so should just accept it? Look at the teams that have won the Euros previously. There are several examples of teams worse than us doing so. If you were cr@p at your job, would you bosses just say so be it? 

Regardless of how good our players are, where is the ambition? People can dress up Roy's CV all they like, but its mediocre. And his style of football is negative at best, and dull to watch. Surely it was worth a change after what we have seen with Capello. A Manager who will bring some excitement back to the team and the fans and at least try and play some exciting football.
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 30, 2012 1:36 PM BST
capello yes
but lets face it he probably got the best out of us judging by what mclaren did.
Report Biscuit1979 April 30, 2012 1:37 PM BST
STEPTOES YARD 30 Apr 12 12:46 
Why is arry rated so much better than roy

just dont get it myself

Think both good managers but just dont see how arry gets such a massive trumpet blowing

He's one of the lads, available for a quote/interview/opinion on anything at any time, bit of a character.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? April 30, 2012 1:37 PM BST
Of course its mediocre. He has had sixteen managerial jobs and had virtually no success.
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 30, 2012 1:38 PM BST
under capello we were denuine 10/1 shots.

now we can wave goodbye to any chance imo

another problem woy has got....under blackburn he lost the dressing room because of player power.

look at the stautus of some of the squad.
quite a few in there with player power rumours.
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 30, 2012 1:39 PM BST
lol ccm
we will have gone from boring football to extremely boring and dinosuartactics.
Report Can't Catch Me April 30, 2012 1:41 PM BST
Why is arry better than Roy? Look at what Spurs did until the last few months. When arry gets it right, he gets it very right imo. Look at what Roy does when he gets it right? Its not the same imo.

And what brand of football will our players respond to the most iyo? It was common knowledge the Liverpool players (thats all of them, not just Gerrard and Carargher) hated training, and the same has been said by Fulham players. His ethos is based on keeping your shape and doing the same drills again and again.

Our bunch of prima donas just wont go for him. Regradless of the fact they should get on with it and do what they are told, we all know they wont.
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 30, 2012 1:42 PM BST
ukraine must be rubbing their faces with glee
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? April 30, 2012 1:42 PM BST
The England players are good enough, but the problem is that they think that individually they are world beaters, when in fact, they should, as a team, have that mentality. There is a difference. Too many egos and not enough inspiration from the manager. I want them to play as if they want to win the match in ten minutes, not play with the mentality of 'this team is not as good as us, we'll snatch a goal and some stage, and then it is job done'.
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 30, 2012 1:46 PM BST
certainly not good enough to win it.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? April 30, 2012 1:50 PM BST
They could win it. But they won't with just tactics. They have to have some inspiration. Is Hodgson going to give them that?
Report Biscuit1979 April 30, 2012 1:55 PM BST
The thing is if you analysed the England side man for man, they actually ARE good enough, but there's something wrong collectively.

Hart - one of Europe's top keepers
Richards - a top class right back
Cole - one of the worlds best left backs
Terry/Rio - both world class centre backs. Although i doubt they can play together any more
Parker - obviously not world class but certainly not a terrible player
Gerrard/Lampard - past their best but still performig at the top level
Barry - i'll admit defeat here
Young - plays every week for United
Rooney - world class
Walcott - ok that's enough s****ing at the back

But overall we're not that bad a side. We just can't play together.
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 30, 2012 1:55 PM BST
wah?

the only way for a team with players not good to win it is to have a tactical plans.

ie..to stiffle spain and park the bus....hit em on the break.

change formations when required and ask players to do different specific jobs if needed.

just letting them get on with it leaving space in important areas for more technically gifted players who will also use their energy more efficiently is serious asking for a humiliation at this level.
Report Biscuit1979 April 30, 2012 1:56 PM BST
that should say snig gering at the back
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 30, 2012 1:58 PM BST
cole gerarrd lampard all past their best.

terry and ferdinand too.

hart is a decent keeper
rooney is the best player

the midfield is ok but imo does lack class when you compare them to even zyrianov and denisov of russia.

walcott has the technical ability of a conference player.

young is ok but at this level he isnt going to be influential imo...he will have his moments no doubt.

far far better sides out there who will also be better tactiocally as individuals and hard work wise.
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 30, 2012 1:59 PM BST
with woy we will be playing it forward early and not twying to contwol teams.
Report Gomozkov April 30, 2012 2:00 PM BST
What a bad appointment smacks of Clough revisited.Woy Hodson has never won a raffle. He is boring and cerrtainly not box office mr clydebank.
Report Biscuit1979 April 30, 2012 2:02 PM BST
True, we're definitely no better than the quarter finals in my opinion.

A lack of creativity is our biggest issue. Where is our Iniesta, Silva, Ozil, Sneijder etc?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- April 30, 2012 2:03 PM BST
woute won to wooney
Report malky1 April 30, 2012 2:06 PM BST
agree with you gomozkov a terrible choice we need a manager who can motivate top players he is not the man. harry is the right man for the job and yet again the fa want to cheese the fans off.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- April 30, 2012 2:08 PM BST
i wonder what stevie gewwawd is thinking
Report million1 April 30, 2012 2:15 PM BST
what odds would you hav got 2 months ago harry never got an interview--all the top managers saying publicly "that there was only one man for the job"---now they are saying roy is right man for job---i think it smacks of all down to money--and i personally think it is a diabolical decision
Report MFC_1986 April 30, 2012 2:34 PM BST

Apr 30, 2012 -- 1:37PM, Biscuit1979 wrote:

STEPTOES YARD 30 Apr 12 12:46  Why is arry rated so much better than royjust dont get it myselfThink both good managers but just dont see how arry gets such a massive trumpet blowingHe's one of the lads, available for a quote/interview/opinion on anything at any time, bit of a character.

He's one of the biggest slimeballs in football at the present time. Well done to the FA for seeing through all the hype.Hodgson is a decent and honest bloke. All the things Redknapp isn't.

Report degsy42 April 30, 2012 3:11 PM BST
Big Sam Allardyce seething , overlooked by Barcelona and now this
Report million1 April 30, 2012 3:17 PM BST
and what about the big 3 whenever a top job comes up--PETER REID -STEVE BRUCE-GARY MEGSON
Report Gomozkov April 30, 2012 8:59 PM BST
mfc decent bloke maybe but as a manager Pep,Jose Arsene he isnt
Report T.M.0 May 1, 2012 12:23 PM BST
BBC Sport ‏ @BBCSport

Close

Football Association calls news conference for 1600 BST where Roy Hodgson is expected to be unveiled as England manager
Report tobermory June 30, 2016 1:35 AM BST
let's see who called this right
Report GT June 30, 2016 5:55 AM BST
Laugh
Report Can't Catch Me June 30, 2016 7:51 AM BST
A pleasing read imo Grin
Report charwell. June 30, 2016 11:40 PM BST
Aye. Some of the apologists for him on here need to man up and admit they were talking utter crap!
Report Solano1 June 30, 2016 11:46 PM BST
Got to agree with Charwell - I'll gan first.

Had he not picked Clyne and Hendo against Slovakia, and Sturridge against Iceland we'd have won the trophy.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com