Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
NobbyClarke
12 Feb 12 23:18
| Topic/replies: 11,794 | Blogger: NobbyClarke's blog
Yet another hat-trick tonight for Ronaldo. The 3rd goal, the 4,000th La Liga goal for Real at the Estadio Santiago Bernabéu was an absolute stunner.

With Messi fading Cristiano is driving Real on to glory.

It has to be noted that Ronaldo has also been a Premiership winner and has also picked up numerous player awards in England.
Pause Switch to Standard View Ronaldo - setting new standards.
Show More
Report R0ykeane February 12, 2012 11:19 PM GMT
Won't get any replies Im afraid. Not about messi.
Report the dza February 12, 2012 11:25 PM GMT
More of a Messi fan-boi myself, but imo, Ronaldo is one of the best players ever. I've said that before and it's a popular opinion to deride -- but Ronaldo was amazing in England, last season he scored the record amount of goals in la liga in a single season and he's carrying it on this season...and he's also scored in a  champs. league final (to those who say he doesn't score in the big games).

There is very little he can't do; great athlete, good shot with either foot, good in the air, good dribbler.

Just because I think that, at his best, Messi is the best player in the world doesn't make me anti Ronaldo.
Report test256 February 12, 2012 11:37 PM GMT
didnt/doesnt ronaldo have an ego the size of a small planet.
Report JamDav1982 February 12, 2012 11:45 PM GMT
Nobby and Roy still glory hunting around europe in a bid to get one over on Barca. Sad times.

Ronaldo second best player in world no doubt about it.
Report duffy February 12, 2012 11:54 PM GMT
didnt/doesnt ronaldo have an ego the size of a small planet.

as opposed to his manager who has an ego the size of a large planet.Grin
Report NobbyClarke February 14, 2012 12:30 AM GMT
3rd goal of his hat-trick was sensational, last season's Pichichi winner and this season's highest scorer in la Liga just gets better and better.

Messi fan-bois can sneer all they like but with Real 10 points clear young Lionel will be part of the Guard of Honour when Real visit the Nou Dump Laugh
Report JamDav1982 February 14, 2012 12:35 AM GMT
No disgrace in being the second best player in the world to young Lionel.

Fair play to him.
Report freddiek February 14, 2012 12:36 AM GMT
before Barca turn them over in predictable fashion u mean..
Report ilikewavingatbuses February 14, 2012 3:24 AM GMT
superb player who unfortunately (and rightly) has to live in the shadow of the arguably the greatest player who has ever lived.....

clint dempsey!
Report mcfc1981 February 14, 2012 7:05 AM GMT
wonder if we will still get these threads in august from nobby and roy Mischief
Report Captain Christy February 14, 2012 7:37 AM GMT
These manure followers are STILL SEETHING FROM BEING HUMILIATED AT WEMBLEY BY BARCA Laugh
Report rommel February 14, 2012 8:10 AM GMT
It has to be noted that Ronaldo has also been a Premiership winner and has also picked up numerous player awards in England. .....bit of desperation at the end from the Nobster thereLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Return_Of_Dawsy February 14, 2012 8:43 AM GMT
I think Messi has peaked and his form will be downhill from now on, Ronaldo however is getting better every season and this is why he will go on to be the greatest player of all time. Barca also proving that they are a one man team, since Messi has been struggling the team has fallen away in La Liga and now find themselves a massive 10 points behind Shocked Hand that Balon D'or to Crissy now!
Report rommel February 14, 2012 8:51 AM GMT

Feb 14, 2012 -- 2:43AM, Return_Of_Dawsy wrote:

I think Messi has peaked and his form will be downhill from now on, Ronaldo however is getting better every season and this is why he will go on to be the greatest player of all time. Barca also proving that they are a one man team, since Messi has been struggling the team has fallen away in La Liga and now find themselves a massive 10 points behind  Hand that Balon D'or to Crissy now!

..a cranking up in the desperado stakesCrazy

Report Biscuit1979 February 14, 2012 8:59 AM GMT
Return Of Dawsy 14 Feb 12 08:43 
I think Messi has peaked and his form will be downhill from now on, Ronaldo however is getting better every season

It's worth noting that Messi has more goals from open play than Ronaldo this season. More than a third (37% to be precise) of Ronaldo's goals have been penalties.

And he's also scored more than Ronaldo in total. 37 compared to 34. So even though Ronaldo is in the best form of his life and Messi is having by his standards, a poor spell, little Lionel is STILL outscoring the Manure fan boys idol!

Oh and just for good measure, Messi has more assists as well.

Anyway, back to you Dawsy Laugh
Report jason-dodd February 14, 2012 9:07 AM GMT
I don't know what I'm more confused by...

The fact that Dawsy is gloating about Ronaldo - the Real Madrid player that used to play for Man Utd - being awesome, or the fact that so many people seem to have bitten and want to prove that Messi - the Barcelona player that has never played in the Premier League - is the better player?

Bizarre.
Report JamDav1982 February 14, 2012 9:11 AM GMT
Why on earth would Messi want to go to any Premier League side?

The Premier League is not a great standard at the moment. Other than Man Utd and Man City the other teams are poor and the mid to lower teams in the table must be the weakest in years.
Report rommel February 14, 2012 9:17 AM GMT
okay you wish a player that once played for your club well,great,but to be fretting every day that he's not being hailed as the #1 on the planet seems a bit bizzare(and not a little pathetic)
Report jason-dodd February 14, 2012 9:19 AM GMT
Jam Dav, I think you've missed the point.
Report rommel February 14, 2012 9:21 AM GMT
as for the messi/premier league thing,Messi is playing in a great league,he's a fantastic player every football fan can see that,why he would have come here to prove himself a great player is beyond me
Report jason-dodd February 14, 2012 9:27 AM GMT
No one is suggesting he should come to the Premier League, ffs.
Report NobbyClarke February 14, 2012 9:44 AM GMT
Ronaldo's 3rd goal on Sunday has to be goal of the season.
Report JamDav1982 February 14, 2012 9:57 AM GMT
Depends what type of goal you like Nobby, I would prefer Messi's third against Malaga myself.

More skill in involved than just hammering a ball towards goal, as good as it was.
Report rommel February 14, 2012 10:06 AM GMT

Feb 14, 2012 -- 3:44AM, NobbyClarke wrote:

Ronaldo's 3rd goal on Sunday has to be goal of the season.

how blinded can you be,was a fine goal,looked spectacular,great shot,but come on talk sense

Report NobbyClarke February 14, 2012 10:27 AM GMT
Blinded? Surely the people with defective eyesight are those that can not see how great a player Ronaldo is. He won everything in the Premiership now he is almost certainly going to pick up a La Liga winners medal.

And he's not done that as a spear carrier, he's done that by leading Great clubs. That is some achievement.
Report Biscuit1979 February 14, 2012 10:36 AM GMT
I don't think anyone has denied Ronaldo is a great player. Quite obviously he's one of the modern day greats.
Report Cursor February 14, 2012 10:37 AM GMT
The problem with Messi now isn't a poor run of form, is the absence of Xavi and Iniesta...
Report JamDav1982 February 14, 2012 10:37 AM GMT
Who is  trying to deny how good Ronaldo is?

Saying he is not as good as Messi is not denying how good he is - which is the second best in the world.
Report Cursor February 14, 2012 10:38 AM GMT
check their recent international stats.
Report JamDav1982 February 14, 2012 10:41 AM GMT
The international stats of Ronaldo and Messi?

Ronaldo has played a large part of his Portugal career as a striker, while Messi plays as the number ten for Argentina.

Messi wont get the same number of goals for Argentina as he plays a different role.
Report wooky February 14, 2012 10:42 AM GMT
Until he does his brilliance against the top teams in world cup/champions league final type scenarios then....

It's like watching Federer toying with most of his opponents till he gets to nadal/djokovic
Report Cursor February 14, 2012 10:43 AM GMT
Ronaldo a striker for Portugal? since when?
Report Cursor February 14, 2012 10:44 AM GMT
Messi can only be considered the best if he wins something outside of Barça
Report JamDav1982 February 14, 2012 10:46 AM GMT
Cursor that is your opinion, but he is already considered the best in the world and the best ever by many.
Report Biscuit1979 February 14, 2012 10:48 AM GMT
Cursor 14 Feb 12 10:38 
check their recent international stats.

What does that prove?

Peter Crouch has an amazing international record. I don't see him being mentioned in the same breath as van Basten and Eusebio.
Report JamDav1982 February 14, 2012 10:48 AM GMT
Cursor he played centre forward for Portugal for a few years under Quiroz I think it was.
Report Cursor February 14, 2012 10:52 AM GMT
He played as a striker in a couple of games under Queirós. I pointed the internacional record to prove that outside Barça Messi isn't that influent. Even Fabregas is a nice Striker. Now compare that with the way Ronaldo carried MU and Real. (I consider them both the best players currently on the game but would pick Ronaldo for my team anyday)
Report Aman808 February 14, 2012 10:54 AM GMT
think when people try to compare messi and ronaldo they try to find what one person has over the other in terms of attributes. thats fair enough, ronaldo better in the air, ronaldo better with both feet, ronaldo better physcially...maybe even now ronaldo scores more goals....but however messi has made up for that and beat ronaldo in terms of tactically. Messi for one has more assist, he has more touches of the ball, he dictates play, he dribbles past players more. his passing is 100 times better, he combines with his teamates better. The point here is that ronaldo needs great players alongside him, you could say the same for messi with xavi iniesta etc. but those two players were at barcelona before messi and were not regarded as the worlds best in their position, now they are because of messi. Messi all round his better then ronaldo, messi can equal or better ronaldo sometimes in terms of goals, but ronaldo can never equal or beat messi in terms of assist.
Report JamDav1982 February 14, 2012 10:57 AM GMT
Ronaldo has never hit the heights for either Real or Man Utd that Messi has for Barcelona.

You may well prefer Ronaldo as a player but you are in the minority.
Report Aman808 February 14, 2012 11:02 AM GMT
if you ask me what is harder, smashing a ball at the goal 5 times a game form outside the area and hoping one dips in, or trying to dribble past 4 or 5 defenders 5 times a game trying to score a goal?

ronaldo is a phenomenon!! a beast!! but one day there will be another player like ronaldo.

players similar to ronaldo - Ronaldo (original), Gullit, Pele, Eusebio
platers similar to messi - maradona

point here is that a player like ronaldo comes around every 5 years or so, they can actually be found and made into a ronaldo type of player.

a messi kind of player doesnt exist, you have to wait and search the world for a player this brave and talented.
Report Cursor February 14, 2012 11:02 AM GMT
This year's La Liga stats: Messi 23 goals, 8 assists - Ronaldo: 27 goals 7 assists.
Report Cursor February 14, 2012 11:03 AM GMT
all I'm saying is that sometimes people tend to overrate Messi a bit :)
Report Aman808 February 14, 2012 11:06 AM GMT
in todays generation messi is doing what people have never seen, continuosly dribbling past world class centre backs, doesnt matter the opposition. thats why he is rated so much. People have seen the likes of ronaldo before maybe not as good as ronaldo, but smililar... i have seen players score from 30 yards out or do 100 step overs in one game, but i havent seen a player dribble past 3 or 4 defenders at a time in every game.
Report JamDav1982 February 14, 2012 11:06 AM GMT
Ronaldos ten penalties do help those stats - ten is it?

Messi in all competitions is out performing Ronaldo as per usual.
Report Cursor February 14, 2012 11:15 AM GMT
well, we'll see at the end of the season who was the most infuential.
Report Mr Dead February 14, 2012 12:06 PM GMT
This thread could be highly amusing if Ronaldo signs for City in the Summer!
Report Biscuit1979 February 14, 2012 12:17 PM GMT
Imagine if Jose rocked up at the Etihad and brought Ronaldo with him!

Dawsy's Ronaldo bed covers, posters and Y fronts would all have to be binned Laugh
Report charwell. February 14, 2012 1:59 PM GMT
Ronaldo has done well since signing for a big club having used Man Utd as the platform to go on to bigger and better things.

But he's still nowhere near the player Messi is.
Report anfeild February 14, 2012 3:21 PM GMT
Ronaldo great player but just not as good as Messi. These threads started by united fans trying to get one over Barca. FFS thats pathetic.
Report sintonian February 14, 2012 3:35 PM GMT
I genuinely cant believe how desperate this NobbyStrangeways is tbh. What kind of deluded world do you have to live in to try and big up Ronaldo and put down Messi and Barcelona? Just screams of real desperation. For what though ?
Report NobbyClarke February 14, 2012 3:41 PM GMT
Have the last 3 posters actually seen Messi play in the last 2 months or are they just relying on some youtube clips from last season?

Take your heads out of each other's arses and watch some games FFS.
Report quin0607 February 14, 2012 4:30 PM GMT
form is temporary, class is permanent
Report Biscuit1979 February 14, 2012 4:39 PM GMT
NobbyClarke 14 Feb 12 15:41 
Have the last 3 posters actually seen Messi play in the last 2 months or are they just relying on some youtube clips from last season?

Take your heads out of each other's arses and watch some games FFS.

Perhaps you missed my post earlier nobby, but if so, here it is again for you:

It's worth noting that Messi has more goals from open play than Ronaldo this season. More than a third (37% to be precise) of Ronaldo's goals have been penalties.

And he's also scored more than Ronaldo in total. 37 compared to 34. So even though Ronaldo is in the best form of his life and Messi is having by his standards, a poor spell, little Lionel is STILL outscoring the Manure fan boys idol!

Report NobbyClarke February 14, 2012 4:39 PM GMT
form is temporary, class is permanent

I agree entirely. Ronaldo has won titles in the England and looks like he will in Spain. That is class.
Report NobbyClarke February 14, 2012 4:40 PM GMT

And two yellow cards for diving.
Report Biscuit1979 February 14, 2012 4:53 PM GMT
i'm sure when the 2 players compare trophies at the end of their careers, Messi will be way out in front
Report JamDav1982 February 14, 2012 4:58 PM GMT
Nobby if Yaya Toure wins the league with Man City does that make him a better player than Paul Scholes ever was, because he has 'done it in Spain and England'?
Report NobbyClarke February 14, 2012 5:00 PM GMT
Was Yaya the driving force at Barca or just a spear carrier?
Report dashero February 14, 2012 5:00 PM GMT
Obviously Giggs has been a woeful player...
Report Help2 February 14, 2012 5:01 PM GMT
Messi and Ronaldo are the 2 best players in the world, personally i would prefer Ronaldo, he is more flexible..
Report JamDav1982 February 14, 2012 5:03 PM GMT
Whats this 'driving force' drivel?

Take away Ronaldos penalties and he has less goals per minute than Benzema or Higuain this season and he is nowhere near the top in terms of assists.
Report dashero February 14, 2012 5:04 PM GMT
I prefer the fake Ronaldo too, Messi will forever have the steroid shadow hanging over him...
Report NobbyClarke February 14, 2012 5:12 PM GMT
JamDav seething yet again.
Report JamDav1982 February 14, 2012 5:14 PM GMT
Seething about what? I love a good Mess v Ronaldo debate.

Cant beat it.
Report T.M.O February 14, 2012 5:50 PM GMT
manure fanboys will never recover from messi and barca destroying there dreams

#believe
Report Masterminded February 14, 2012 6:02 PM GMT
Stats like goals & assists show how far apart these two players are from the rest but I think they are so different in many ways to choose the best is based on opinion. Like for example some people compare Gareth Bale with these two. I personally feel Bale is one of the most overrated players in the Premier League. There are plenty of people not just Real or Utd fans that think Ronaldo is the best in the world but the majority believe Messi is best and his achievements & Ballon D'ors prove this. I do however believe if Ronaldo was winning league titles & Champions League finals he would be getting the Ballon D'or & would probably be regarded as a better player. For me there is not much between them but I would love to see Messi in the Premier League to see how he would adapt. He makes Barca what they are today but I would love to see how he could fit in at another team and if he would be as influential.
Report JamDav1982 February 14, 2012 6:38 PM GMT
Mastermind you say that if Ronaldo was winning leagues and CL's then he would be regarded as the best in the world. Well its up to him to make that happen.

Compare how Messi has performed in the CL and in the classicos and he is outperforming Ronaldo.
Report door February 14, 2012 6:48 PM GMT
50% of his goals are dodgy penaltys!
Report NobbyClarke February 14, 2012 7:02 PM GMT
Ronaldo's penalty on Sunday was pure class. The goalkeeper did everything he could to delay and delay it then stood bouncing around on the line like a deranged chimp.

Ronaldo stood perfectly still through out this performance then took a few strides and smashed it in.

That's 24 out of the last 25. Class.
Report egner February 14, 2012 7:04 PM GMT
Messi has been instrumental....crucial in fact....to a Barcelona team that has taken football to a new level.....

Ronaldo is good...but he hasnt been part of,  or instrumental in, anything as profound.

and here is someone who agrees it seems...

"Barcelona are the best team in Europe – although Real Madrid are closing the gap on them. The lead they've got in the league shows that, They might be on the same level as them soon, but for the moment Barca have still got that magical ability to play a game that's beyond everyone else."

.http://www.soccerway.com/news/2012/February/14/fergie-ponders-what-might-have-been/.

Winkcourtesy of abu
Report Platini February 14, 2012 7:15 PM GMT
Ronaldo is very good player, not doubting that, but just the latest modern player to be over-rated by the media-fed masses. To be fair, he probably gets into the top 10 list of all-time Premiership players (though nowhere near the best) and that's something to be proud of.

Comparisons with Messi are just silly, and Messi himself is still way behind the real Argentinian genius.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com