Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
owl4life
28 Oct 09 20:30
| Topic/replies: 8,111 | Blogger: owl4life's blog
not a fishing thread, just wonder how sum1 who hasn't won a trophy in years is still revered.
How does he keep gettin away with sayin he's building 4 the future?
never puts a time frame on it, spend sum money u tight git, mite win sum friggin trophies
Pause Switch to Standard View is arsene wenger the most overrated...
Show More
Report popup December 3, 2009 11:22 AM GMT
Other than Chelsea and Man U, how many clubs have won trophies in the last 5 years?
Report sugarfoot December 3, 2009 11:23 AM GMT
It makes me laugh when a Sheffield Wednesday fan can criticise someone like Wenger.
Lest we forget:

1992 Sheff Wed 3rd, Arsenal 4th
1993 Sheff Wed 7th, Arsenal 10th (teams met in both domestic cup finals)
1994 Arsenal 4th, Sheff Wed 7th
1995 Arsenal 12th, Sheff Wed 13th
1996 Arsenal 5th, Sheff Wed 15th
1997 Arsenal 3rd, Sheff Wed 7th (Wenger took over in the Autumn, with Vieira making his debut against Sheffield Wednesday who were top with 12pts from 5 games)

now on that recent history, who would think that one club would win three league titles and four FA Cups (plus a CL and UEFA final) while the other sink into oblivion?
Report owl4life December 3, 2009 11:25 AM GMT
wow
sheff wed in being sh1t shock

if that is ur argument it really is game over, that truly was priceless
Report owl4life December 3, 2009 11:28 AM GMT
popup

portsmouth liverpool tottenham
Report popup December 3, 2009 11:32 AM GMT
I knew you'ld come back with that one. Do they look like they might win a trophy again in the near future?
Report owl4life December 3, 2009 11:40 AM GMT
do u?
Report oddduck December 3, 2009 11:42 AM GMT
so if wenger had won the carling cup this season he would no longer be the most overrated manager ever?
Report owl4life December 3, 2009 11:44 AM GMT
to be fair tottenham r lookin gud, liverpool cud still win the fa cup if they keep the big 2 fit n portsmouth r my pick to win the championship next year
Report Arsenal Oldie December 3, 2009 11:46 AM GMT
owl - why does it worry you that Arsenal fans are not upset with Wenger?

he's won 3 titles, 4 FA Cups, top 4 13 times in a row, reached k-o stage of CL last 10 years in a row. and the football quality is fantastic. and he has been instrumental in building the fab new stadium. and he has done all this while on a financial shoestring compared to other teams with this level of achievement.
Report dk1986 December 3, 2009 11:47 AM GMT
Who is over-rating him?
Report sugarfoot December 3, 2009 11:47 AM GMT
owl4life 03 Dec 12:24
wow
sheff wed in being sh1t shock

if that is ur argument it really is game over, that truly was priceless

------------------------
hmmm. football fan in being thick shock.

the point is that Wenger (sorry two syllables) took a side just as poor as the one you like and made it win the league three times. can you im-ag-ine how much fun you would have had with him in charge of the owls?
Report owl4life December 3, 2009 11:47 AM GMT
i never said he was the most overrated manager ever, i just asked the question.
if he won the carling cup he wud have at least gave the fans sumthin back for the trophyless last five years.
i appreciate arsenal r really well run, but when u look back in 10 years n u have nothin to show 4 it, is it all that great?
sheff utd r well run, wouldn't b happy in championship tho wud ya?
Report Sir Digby Chicken Caesar December 3, 2009 11:50 AM GMT
I'm a United fan and I think he's a fantastic manager, he has his faults but then so do all managers.

Arsenal may well have won no trophies for 4 1/2 years but even the likes of Shankly and Busby went similar lengths of time without winning things and they didn't have teams with far more financial muscle to compete with. Were they poor managers? He has a way of operating and a style of play he sticks to which should be appreciated.

As with Ferguson, I doubt anyone will really understand how good he is until he's gone.
Report owl4life December 3, 2009 11:53 AM GMT
sugarfoot

its a myth that wenger hasn't spent money, he has, just not all that recently.
Sheff wed do not or haven't had the resources that arsenal have/had, yes when he first came he did a fantastic job but how long can u live on that?
my point is not as a sheff wed fan its as a football fan, if a man u supporter made the same statements wud that make it right?
ur argument for wenger is to compare arsenal to sheff wed n to call me names, not really compelling is it?

Thing is i actually like arsenal, id love to c them win league and champs league but unless he stops relying on youth it wont happen.

someone in another thread said if he does spend n he still doesn't win anything that will b his last excuse gone, maybe he's scared he'll be found out
Report owl4life December 3, 2009 11:55 AM GMT
digby

ferguson is already a legend

anyway have to go out now, play nice now won't u
Report chunkyuk1 December 3, 2009 11:57 AM GMT
owl4life 28 Oct 20:35

im serious, how long does this guy have to go without winning a trophy before ppl realise they've won nothing in years.
I agree he hasn't spent much, probably still haunted by the 8 million he spent on jeffers but he's cherry picked the best young talent 4 next to nothin.
how many arsenal fans r seriously happy with finishin 4th?

would you be happy with 4th???

would 90 clubs in the league be happy with 4th????
Report Arsenal Oldie December 3, 2009 12:05 PM GMT
3rd is usually the best arsenal will do given abramovich's spending, and man utd's financial muscle.

put chelsea out of the picture and Wenger would have won several trophies in the last 5 years- they have been bought away by the Russian money. tough, but that's life.
Report Blackwell Out December 3, 2009 12:06 PM GMT
wenger would have been sacked a few years ago if they played a different style of football

its only that good football, pretty on the eye (who cares) that keeps him in a job !

why knock a cross in or have a shot from outside the box when you can pass 47 times and then nowt comes of it !!
Report popup December 3, 2009 12:06 PM GMT
If a club like Spurs or Villa finished 4th, it would be like winning the league for them.
Report sugarfoot December 3, 2009 12:11 PM GMT
owls4life, are you joking about transfers?

Sheff Wed's transfers in 1996/1997

Player From Fee Date
Scott Oakes Luton £ 425000 07-08-1996
Wayne Collins Crewe £ 600000 09-08-1996
Orlando Trustfull Feyenoord £ 750000 20-08-1996
Dave Hercock Cambridge C Free 01-09-1996
Benito Carbone Inter £ 3000000 14-10-1996
David Billington Peterborough £ 500000 03-04-1997
Mark McKeever Peterborough £ 500000 15-04-1997
Patrick Blondeau Monaco £ 1800000 24-06-1997
Players in Total: £ 7575000

Players out Total: £ 250000

Sheff Wed's transfers in 1997/1998

Player From Fee Date
Paolo Di Canio Celtic £ 3000000 06-08-1997
Jim Magilton Southampton £ 1600000 09-09-1997
Bruce Grobbelaar Oxford Nominal 22-09-1997
Petter Rudi Molde £ 800000 02-10-1997
Derek Geary Rivermount Signed 17-11-1997
Niclas Alexandersson IFK Goth'burg £ 750000 05-12-1997
Alan Quinn Cherry Orchard Nominal 06-12-1997
Andy Hinchcliffe Everton £ 3000000 30-01-1998
Goce Sedloski Hajduk Split £ 750000 19-02-1998
Earl Barrett Everton Free 24-02-1998
Stuart Jones Weston s-M. £ 20000 26-03-1998
Emerson Thome Benfica Signed 26-03-1998
Francesco Sanetti Genoa Free 30-04-1998

Players in Total: £ 9920000
Players out Total: £ 5900000

so net spend for 1996-8 (Wenger's first two years) about £11m, ie slightly more than Wenger (ca £10m), and that's before Anelka was sold...
Report popup December 3, 2009 12:14 PM GMT
Arsenal Oldie...
3rd is usually the best arsenal will do given abramovich's spending, and man utd's financial muscle.

put chelsea out of the picture and Wenger would have won several trophies in the last 5 years- they have been bought away by the Russian money. tough, but that's life.

My sentiments exactly. If it wasn't for Wenger, Chelsea and Man U would not of had to spend the amount of money they have in the last 10 years to keep them at the top.
Report owl4life December 3, 2009 9:52 PM GMT
whats ur point sugar?
Report sugarfoot December 3, 2009 9:59 PM GMT
it was a response to your earlier remark
---------------------------
owl4life 03 Dec 12:53
sugarfoot

its a myth that wenger hasn't spent money, he has, just not all that recently.
Sheff wed do not or haven't had the resources that arsenal have/had,

-------------------------------
the point was that went Wenger arrived Arsenal and Sheff Wed had similar resources (in fact Sheff Wed outspent Arsenal by about £1m over the period 1996-98), and as pointed out earlier were performing at the same level.

so try and imagine back to 1996 and think how good a manager would have to be to take Sheff Wed to three titles and four fa cups and keep them in the top four of English football for the next thirteen years. in fact forget all of that, how good would a manager have to be just to have got Wednesday one championship from that startpoint
Report Occam's Razor December 3, 2009 10:15 PM GMT
Success in football is linked to wage bill - this has been proved statistically.

Arsenal have the 4th biggest wage bill (3rd before city's spending and 2nd before chelsea's spending). They may not spend much on transfers but they pay big, big money in wages.
Report the bloob December 3, 2009 10:21 PM GMT
if you look at the trophies that are played for each season individually then it's easy to realise why Arsenal haven't won anything for 5 years:

Carling Cup: fielded youngsters for experience, done pretty well considering but are never going to compete with the likes of Chelsea and Man U fielding near full strength teams

FA Cup: always looked to rest a few players, probably been their best chance of winning a trophy but always come up short, usually against decent teams (Man U and Chelsea again)

Champions League: never going to be easy against Europe's best, did well to reach a final but hard to compete with the likes of Barca, AC Milan etc.

Premier League: ask any Man U and Chelsea fan (and player) what they expect to win each season? answer: The League.
Always going to be tough against these teams with their financial clout and experienced players

It's still dissappointing for Arsenal not to have won anything in 5 years but it's not easy, ok Tottenham and Portsmouth have won a trophy each in that time but they didn't have European football as a distraction
Report chop180 December 3, 2009 10:22 PM GMT
I've heard that a lot of arsenal's wage bill is based on things like bonuses for CL qualification. Which is pretty relevant, their basic wage paid is probably no more than half the sides in the prem.
Report the bloob December 3, 2009 10:25 PM GMT
figures disclosed in the annual reports can be misleading too, some clubs just disclose player's wages, others include all playing staff (coaches, scouts, physios etc.) and I know that Arsenal's annual report includes these too
Report owl4life December 3, 2009 10:27 PM GMT
u seem to forget that arsenal at the time were already a bigger club, still had more resources and still had more money, comparing arsenal to wednesday is futile and proves nothing, we cud have had ferguson, wenger and a genie that grants 3 wishes n we wud still have done feck all.

13m on wiltord?
8m on jeffers?

he does spend

how much for reyes?
Report leaner December 3, 2009 10:29 PM GMT
surely the fact he's had not much money and kept top players nd in the top of the table all while moving grounds. when the extra revenue is transferable to the squad, it won't take much improving and that's a massive credit. also, most managers who do well with not much money don't play anywhere near as good football. plus, the fans turn up to be entertained, that's what this game is after all, and they win well the majority of the time. finally, league title undefeated...are you kidding?
Report owl4life December 3, 2009 10:31 PM GMT
yea i suppose that season makes up 4 winning feck all 4 5 years
Report the bloob December 3, 2009 10:35 PM GMT
yes, let's not forget that between 2001 and 2005 Wenger had created as good a team as there has ever been in this country, playing brilliant football and winning 5 of the 8 major domestic trophies (FA Cup and Prem League) in that 4 year period. Since then things haven't gone so well but he's generated a massive transfer surplus in that time and built a decent young side
Report sugarfoot December 3, 2009 10:38 PM GMT
Occam's Razor 03 Dec 23:15
Success in football is linked to wage bill - this has been proved statistically.

Arsenal have the 4th biggest wage bill (3rd before city's spending and 2nd before chelsea's spending). They may not spend much on transfers but they pay big, big money in wages.

-------------------------
lol

most wages are performance-linked, so the correlation is not a surprise.
Report owl4life December 3, 2009 10:40 PM GMT
u have owt to back that up sugar?
Report the lay preacher December 3, 2009 10:43 PM GMT
wenger is a very talented man .

but not as a manager .

as a producer of young players.

is he the most overrated manager ever no but as cloughie would say

he is in the top one.
Report owl4life December 3, 2009 10:51 PM GMT
put ur hard hat on
Report owl4life December 3, 2009 10:55 PM GMT
preacher im sure u meant to say poacher of young players
Report sugarfoot December 3, 2009 10:59 PM GMT
owl4life 03 Dec 23:27
u seem to forget that arsenal at the time were already a bigger club, still had more resources and still had more money, comparing arsenal to wednesday is futile and proves nothing, we cud have had ferguson, wenger and a genie that grants 3 wishes n we wud still have done feck all.

----------------------------------------------------
what extra resources and money did Arsenal have in 1996? you've seen the spends for 96/7 and 97/8 and wage bills in those days were not that dissimilar; players like Carbone and di Canio weren't coming for the Yorkshire air. financially the two were in near identical positions. it might be hard for you to believe now, but hindsight confuses people's perspectives. Arsenal weren't destined for anything in 1996; the destiny for most clubs is not set (just look at Leeds in 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004 and 2008). if anything, Arsenal's was an ageing side which to most eyes needed a complete overhaul. there were no young players of note, and several players (Adams, Merson and Helder) were in the throes of addiction.

if Wenger had gone to any decent side in the PL and turned up with Vieira, Petit and Overmars I think they might have done pretty well, and that includes Wednesday
Report the lay preacher December 3, 2009 11:01 PM GMT
maybe i should have said coaching of young players.
Report Max Cady December 3, 2009 11:11 PM GMT
Wenger has done so much more than just win trophies.

4 seasons without a trophy? so ** ing what
Report owl4life December 3, 2009 11:12 PM GMT
wednesday have been in huge debt for a long long time, as for the ageing side, didn't players like seaman, dixon, adams and keown all play years later in the 2001 cup final?
Report chop180 December 3, 2009 11:15 PM GMT
owl4life, you are just making yourself look more and more stupid with every post you make.

Simple piece of advice, when you are in a hole, stop digging. It started off as a ridiculous thread and got worse.
Report owl4life December 3, 2009 11:16 PM GMT
hurl abuse if u want sweetie, which parts are factually inaccurate?
Report owl4life December 3, 2009 11:20 PM GMT
well?
Report owl4life December 3, 2009 11:34 PM GMT
fair enough go quiet

but when u have to resort to abuse n comparing arsenal n wednesday its not convincing.
Report sugarfoot December 4, 2009 12:23 AM GMT
Adams (29), Bould (33), Dixon (32), Keown (30), Linighan (34), Lukic (36), Platt (30), Seaman (32), Winterburn (32), Wright (32). add to that list of ten (that started 266 league games in 96/7), spring chickens like Merson (28) and Bergkamp (27). Parlour (23) was the only youngish one to have made an impact from the youth side, and Hartson (21) the only other young player that Wenger inherited who was any use that year. basically the club had few players of remaining worth on the playing staff and the side was largely in decline. perhaps you remember differently, though the way you talk owl4life, I have a sneaking suspicion you weren't that old when it was going on.

as for the stuff about Wednesday's debt, that didn't become an issue until you got relegated in 2000; there was money enough in 1996, hence the signings of Carbone and di Canio

football may seem set in stone now, but fifteen years ago things were much more fluid. some clubs had cash to throw around (principally ManU and Blackburn) while some (like Wimbledon) had almost none, but amongst the others in the league there wasn't much difference in financial clout
Report owl4life December 4, 2009 1:27 AM GMT
from what i can see wenger inherited a good core of a team, i might be wrong here but didn't seaman, dixon, adams, winterburn, bould and merson all play in the cup winners cup final? Wright was suspended for it i recall.
Bergkamp and parlour were already there, hardly a huge revamp.
that was 93-94 they won right?
94-95 they reached the final correct? 10th may 1995?
Wenger came in 28th sept 96

Had it really all turned to sh1t that quick?

Wednesday were in debt before they went down, they panic bought players, they spent money on players wages they couldn't afford, we owed charterhouse a lot of money and still do, its nieve to think that just cos we got carbone n di canio we were in a great position, we weren't
Report owl4life December 4, 2009 1:28 AM GMT
naive*
Report popup December 4, 2009 5:44 AM GMT
Also the boring boring Arsenal tag is now a long distant memory thanks to Wenger.
Say what you want about Wenger, but if he was available today, would you want him at your club?
Report tengo sueño December 4, 2009 8:20 AM GMT
the guy's good, but at Arsenal i think his time's up.
will need some massive luck to win league/CL in coming years imo
Report thankyoumugs December 4, 2009 8:43 AM GMT
exceptional manager, would be in top 20 best managers of all time for me in world. champions league win, is only thing missing from his cv.arsenal dont care about coca cola cup, just to blood the youth team.
Report owl4life December 4, 2009 1:44 PM GMT
i still think ur living in the past, the media backlash against him is startin, won't b long now b4 it starts with the fans. he comes across as a sore loser and the toys will be coming out of the pram on a more regular basis.
Has to buy in january otherwise ur season is doomed, will his ego allow him to do it?
if he goes out n buys he wont have won it with his youth, i truly hope u bring in players like dzeko, be nice to c arsenal b a force again.
Report owl4life December 16, 2009 8:44 PM GMT
hmm, inconsistent?
Report owl4life January 27, 2010 10:34 PM GMT
buy ffs
Report owl4life April 15, 2010 12:17 AM BST
looks like another trophyless year

for shame
Report morrissey April 15, 2010 12:21 AM BST
next manager of france or real madrid...

especially if someone he doesnt like takes over etc...
Report sofaking April 15, 2010 12:42 AM BST
yes definitely overrated and Arsenal are the most overrated team in england. They play some pretty football sometimes but that;'s not enough.
Report owl4life April 18, 2010 4:40 PM BST
dear oh dear
Report Bazza2009 April 18, 2010 4:51 PM BST
lol considering we have just moved into a new stadium and have had f-all to spend, i think wenger has and still continues to do an amazing job...
Report atom80 April 18, 2010 4:54 PM BST
Bazza2009 18 Apr 16:51
lol considering we have just moved into a new stadium and have had f-all to spend, i think wenger has and still continues to do an amazing job...

This is not fishing....

When you moved into the emirates, was it not so you would have more money to spend...
Report Bazza2009 April 18, 2010 4:55 PM BST
Yes...but we don't have a Roman Abramovich backing us or a 700m debt like United to do that.

We had to wait on the demolition of the old stadium and the selling of the new houses.

In the future Arsenal are going to be frickin loaded.
Report beepbeep April 18, 2010 4:57 PM BST
^^^^^^^^
so u r sayin chelsea r skint lol
their owner worth 10 bill
that bit more than the arse
Report atom80 April 18, 2010 4:57 PM BST
Bazza2009 18 Apr 16:55
Yes...but we don't have a Roman Abramovich backing us or a 700m debt like United to do that.

We had to wait on the demolition of the old stadium and the selling of the new houses.

In the future Arsenal are going to be frickin loaded.

Dont understand what this means... Do you think United have a debt of 700m because they bought players...
Report Bazza2009 April 18, 2010 4:59 PM BST
yeh chelsea are a poor club, reguarly posting financial losses every year of 50-80 million.

once roman goes they are fooked.
Report Bazza2009 April 18, 2010 5:01 PM BST
nah man utd are a very rich club...the team which Arsenal are competing against, not Chelski, the debt doesn't really have anything to do with anything i take that back
Report Nomadic Way April 18, 2010 5:05 PM BST
the whole team is overrated. briliant manager but he can't keep telling us this young team are winners because they ain't...
Report Bazza2009 April 18, 2010 5:06 PM BST
lol...you honestly think that we wouldn't of won like a carling cup or an FA cup if we fielded our full strength line-up in the past five years?

Wenger is up there with the best despite never winning the CL.
Report owl4life April 18, 2010 5:11 PM BST
when did the FA cup become unimportant to you?
Report Bazza2009 April 18, 2010 5:13 PM BST
dont ask man :(

i still rate the FA Cup very highly...Wenger just really wants another Premier League title or the CL, breeds the younger players in the cup competitions
Report owl4life April 18, 2010 5:15 PM BST
i understand people sticking up for their team but when will these youngsters be bred?

You have some amazing talent but at what point do you predict that they will deliver?

im not takin the p1ss im just interested if you think that his policy will work out.
Report Bazza2009 April 18, 2010 5:21 PM BST
next year will be hugely decisive i feel
Report owl4life April 18, 2010 5:21 PM BST
in what way?
Report Bazza2009 April 18, 2010 5:25 PM BST
in the winning trophies way lol, wenger will strengthen this summer and next year providing we aren't hit with a stupid amount of injuries, we stand a very good chance of winning the premier league
Report MikeWood April 18, 2010 5:31 PM BST
in a word no
Report silentprotest April 18, 2010 5:35 PM BST
remember how he played for penalties in cardiff against united
time wasting in the first half

got the penalties and won

sounds like an anchor blind as a bat selective eyesight
Report tengo sueño April 18, 2010 7:24 PM BST
every year it is 'Wait until next year when the kids...(insert highly optimistic prediction)'

Obviously a great manager, but the question of whether a top 4 manager can go so long without realistically coming close to anything is relevant imo.
Report Angela Rebecchi April 18, 2010 7:28 PM BST
Depends how you rate him? He isn't very good, is he. Seems a fair assessment.
Report Reyes April 18, 2010 7:29 PM BST
theguyisaneffingenius
Report PLACE BETTING PRO April 18, 2010 10:11 PM BST
He isnt that great, been at the club for 16yrs now!!! Hasnt won that much given the players and funds he has had due to champs lge football!!
Report owl4life August 4, 2010 12:51 AM BST
will it be another trophyless year?
Report brngtwt August 4, 2010 1:23 AM BST
yes and the myth of wenger will still continue.check out his succesful years,dominated by poor sportsmanship.something like 20 red cards in his first two seasons.
Report A.H HUNTER esq. August 4, 2010 10:10 AM BST
Not sure if i said it before on this thread ,great manager lousy coach ,see the defence and how they defend ,if you cant get your defence to hold a line you are making a basic error in coaching .
Report sintonian August 4, 2010 10:23 AM BST
You cannot argue against ignorance.
Report dirtyharry88 August 4, 2010 10:27 AM BST
Simple answer to this question is no.
Justification: see 2003/04 season.
The end.
Report owl4life June 24, 2011 9:08 PM BST
hmmm
Report HorsePlacing150 December 20, 2011 4:32 PM GMT
I THINK THE ANSWER LIES WITH THE CURRENT LEAGUE POSITION OF ARSENAL
Report paulcarm December 20, 2011 4:36 PM GMT
As a Spurs fan I thought any Arsenal fan calling for Wenger to leave in October needed a lobotomy. Spurs are a bigger club than Arsenal yet Wenger has had the Gunners performing better for 15 years.
Report Pandorica December 20, 2011 4:58 PM GMT
No.
My own award would go to Howard Wilkinson. He actually managed our national team.
Plain
Report tobermory December 20, 2011 5:15 PM GMT
Agree with the posters who credit Wenger for transforming the club,the playing style, giving it such a great youth/scouting system etc , and that will be a great foundation for his successor.

Also that it is true they have been prioritizing only 2 trophies since 2005 and have fallen short only against some of the strongest teams there have been in football history.

On the other hand i do believe he really wants to prove that his way of doing things will be proved correct, and he wants to succeed by playing mostly younger players and low cost, unheard of by most, signings . I think his pride would not now allow him to try a radically different approach, even if deep down he knows it would be more likely to succeed.

I can't accept that the Arsenal team he inherited was that bad though . They still had one of the best defences in the game, they had Bergkamp, one of the best players in the world, as well as Wright and Merson, both of whom would have walked into almost any team in the country at the time. The Midfield was the problem , due to the lamentable signings in that area in the previous 4 years . Wenger did a fantastic job with the midfield . But Arsenal in 1996 were a lot better than Sheff Wednesday and others mentioned .

I'd say the double in 1998 was less amazing than George Graham winning the title in 1989 just 3 years after inheriting a much weaker team and having (even relatively) a lot less to spend to improve matters.
Report owl4life January 26, 2013 2:19 PM GMT
Erm
Report EdwardWoowardWould January 26, 2013 6:16 PM GMT
Y
E
S
Report Captain Christy January 26, 2013 6:54 PM GMT
if he was from Britain or Ireland he would have been sacked years ago.
Report Darlo Bantam January 26, 2013 7:09 PM GMT
No. Not even close.
Report oneputt January 26, 2013 7:40 PM GMT
Should he leave arsenal I expect him to become the highest paid manager in history - admittedly it'll be psg or Madrid or some other big spender but he will be a wanted man
Report JOCI Club January 27, 2013 11:18 AM GMT
No, when he first arrived, he did well for Arsenal. In recent seasons, he's been shambolic. They should make him Finance Director and get a proper 'manager' in.
Report owl4life February 20, 2013 2:23 PM GMT
Needs to go.
Report tilted February 20, 2013 2:54 PM GMT
I presume you are a Wednesday fan, like me.

Would we not take Arsene Wenger with open arms, if not open legs Blush.

If you take Ferguson out of the occasion, his record is second to none.

How many managers have we had while Wenger boys have been playing to 50,000+ week after week.

Alan Irvine, Brian Laws, David Jones, Paul Sturrock, and someone with chubby cheeks called Paul who went to Wigan.
Report Roger De Bris February 20, 2013 3:50 PM GMT
wenger can go bowling with Trappatoni..
Report viva el presidente! February 20, 2013 4:14 PM GMT
similar to fergie, imo. brilliant for the first half of his big club career, second half has basically been more or less par for the financial circumstances.

but remember, since the sky money came into football 20 years ago, only four teams have beaten man utd to the title. and arsenal are the only one to do it without going head to head on spending. that's his real achievement.
Report tobermory March 1, 2014 7:21 PM GMT
hows this debate looking ?  Scared
Report owl4life April 7, 2014 6:00 PM BST
So...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com