Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pxb
01 Aug 16 08:26
| Topic/replies: 8,019 | Blogger: pxb's blog
Galle is a wet place (90+ inches) and high scores are common, Gayle scored 333 here. You'd expect more draws than there have been.

In the 1st Test I felt Aus didn't have that bit of luck you need, and ran into a batsman in red hot form. I doubt we will see a repeat. Although Herath should be just as good here.

A draw back to lay.
Pause Switch to Standard View Sri Lanka v Australia - 2nd Test at...
Show More
Report Charlie August 5, 2016 12:32 PM BST
Only one thing to do!
Report tomtimtum August 5, 2016 12:33 PM BST
SL should really be 1.01 here
Report Mike-lfc August 5, 2016 12:34 PM BST
400+ on a 150 wicket. Good luck with that one
Report Charlie August 5, 2016 12:36 PM BST
Not expecting them to win just want a reasonable start.
Report tomtimtum August 5, 2016 12:37 PM BST
Only see it going one direction tbh Charlie
Report Charlie August 5, 2016 12:40 PM BST
Agree Tom but I'm betting on one good stand early on. I need 1.19 to break even on today's lays.
Report TerryHurlock August 5, 2016 12:41 PM BST
nightwatchmen on his bike
Report tomtimtum August 5, 2016 12:42 PM BST
This is a horrible situation for a nightwatchman, far too difficult
Report TerryHurlock August 5, 2016 12:42 PM BST
great catch
Report jollyswagman August 5, 2016 12:42 PM BST
good catch
Report TerryHurlock August 5, 2016 12:42 PM BST
Smith just didn't want to face it himself
Report tomtimtum August 5, 2016 12:43 PM BST
Whats happened here? Has he been given out and Lyon reviewed it?
Report jollyswagman August 5, 2016 12:43 PM BST
why all the replays, that is out
Report tomtimtum August 5, 2016 12:43 PM BST
Makes no sense Jolly unless Lyon reviewed it
Report jollyswagman August 5, 2016 12:44 PM BST
i said they should ask for the extra half hour, that's plenty of time against these chumps
Report TerryHurlock August 5, 2016 12:44 PM BST
true tom
Report tomtimtum August 5, 2016 12:44 PM BST
Umpire just wanted to check the catch didnt he? Not sure why he was checking if he hit it
Report tomtimtum August 5, 2016 12:45 PM BST
TIMBERRRRRR
Report tomtimtum August 5, 2016 12:45 PM BST
What a shocker
Report jollyswagman August 5, 2016 12:45 PM BST
i got worried with all those replays

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

this is so funny
Report tomtimtum August 5, 2016 12:46 PM BST
SIXPAD!!!
Report Whisperingdeath August 5, 2016 12:46 PM BST
oh come on! double hatrick!
Report tomtimtum August 5, 2016 12:46 PM BST
Body revolution
Report jollyswagman August 5, 2016 12:46 PM BST
maybe they wont even need the extra half hour? LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report TerryHurlock August 5, 2016 12:46 PM BST
SIXPADS on boysLaugh
Report TerryHurlock August 5, 2016 12:47 PM BST
smith time!
Report tomtimtum August 5, 2016 12:47 PM BST
Still cant believe Aus are only 40 to win this
Report tomtimtum August 5, 2016 12:48 PM BST
AUS looked like they'd given up on this match in the field
Report tomtimtum August 5, 2016 12:48 PM BST
and they're batting like they have too
Report jollyswagman August 5, 2016 12:50 PM BST
a couple of fours and aus are 25/1
Report TerryHurlock August 5, 2016 12:50 PM BST
Warner going T20 mode
Report Whisperingdeath August 5, 2016 12:50 PM BST
tempted with another back of Pakistan but think will walk away!

Sometimes best to leave well alone
Report tomtimtum August 5, 2016 12:51 PM BST
Fair heart ne'er won fair maiden WD
Report TerryHurlock August 5, 2016 12:51 PM BST
Hit him Herath
Report tomtimtum August 5, 2016 12:52 PM BST
Still think SL at 1.05 is a great price
Report TerryHurlock August 5, 2016 12:52 PM BST
oz 23's
Report Charlie August 5, 2016 12:53 PM BST
Just laid some Aussies at 25's only £20.
Report tomtimtum August 5, 2016 12:53 PM BST
SL can not lose this match, impossible!
Report tomtimtum August 5, 2016 12:53 PM BST
think SL price will shorten at end of day
Report TerryHurlock August 5, 2016 12:55 PM BST
smith running for his lifeLaugh
Report tomtimtum August 5, 2016 12:55 PM BST
Another wicket there would have been beautiful
Report TerryHurlock August 5, 2016 12:55 PM BST
Excellent game
Report Whisperingdeath August 5, 2016 1:02 PM BST
I am all in again on Pakistan! well whatever of my bank that is not on SL!
Report Whisperingdeath August 5, 2016 1:08 PM BST
OK boys, see you at Egbaston!
Report Fatslogger August 5, 2016 1:50 PM BST

Aug 5, 2016 -- 12:55PM, TerryHurlock wrote:

Excellent game

Not been great for draw trading. At least I saw which way the wind was going and got shot of most of my draw green early on. Wish I'd put a huge rather than just a big back onto SL too. They've been at huge odds whole game really. Being able to back them at 1.19 with 350 runs on and still wickets left was just ridiculous. More I think about it the more irritated I am that I didn't do it for 2k rather than £500, Aussie red be damned.

Report tomtimtum August 5, 2016 6:35 PM BST
SL at 1.19 was one of the best prices I've seen for a long time.
They still look a big price at 1.05, Australia win this test 1 in 200 not 1 in 20
Report johnnythebull August 5, 2016 8:23 PM BST
incredible amount of wkts to have fallen in 2 days and a lot of runs scored
been some unreal test cricket lately
Report detraveller August 5, 2016 10:08 PM BST
at least Steven Smith was at the crease till the end.
Report the whizz kids August 5, 2016 10:14 PM BST
Missed most of this tbh. Had a draw back go tits up but had a back on S.L at Evs.
Expect S.L to have won this by the time I wake up tomorrow. Aus price very short but I'm not getting involved again.
Red 550 for me.Cry
Report tyco161 August 6, 2016 5:43 AM BST
THese chases are always interesting in that the team batting when they score a couple of 4's tend to shorten very quickly. Guess that is what psychology and fear can do to the punter.
Report jucel69 August 6, 2016 6:19 AM BST
Smith out and seethingLaugh
Report pxb August 6, 2016 6:31 AM BST
Just missed my SL back at 1.09.
Report TerryHurlock August 6, 2016 8:35 AM BST

Aug 6, 2016 -- 6:19AM, jucel69 wrote:

Smith out and seething

first post I see as I tune in and see Oz 8 down....HERATH I LOVE YOULoveLove

Report TerryHurlock August 6, 2016 8:41 AM BST
9 DOWN,1more fore a Sri lanka series win
Report TerryHurlock August 6, 2016 8:45 AM BST
and a terrific bit of fielding from Mendis to finnish them off!...time to find an aussie!
Report pxb August 6, 2016 8:45 AM BST
And everyone thought Aus would smash Lanka.
Report TerryHurlock August 6, 2016 8:48 AM BST
indeed,if Pakistan beat England they go to world no.1...Surprised...did you have a good green test pxb?
Report pxb August 6, 2016 8:48 AM BST
Aus could claim they were somewhat unlucky in the first match, but they were awful in this one. India at home will kill them.
Report TerryHurlock August 6, 2016 8:49 AM BST
real shortage of decent spin around
Report pxb August 6, 2016 8:51 AM BST
Made 100. Was waiting on a weather play later, but of course no later now.
Report TerryHurlock August 6, 2016 8:54 AM BST
I had to leave a big green on the draw incase the weather came in,helped me sllep at night if nothing else!a wins a win....over to Edgbaston in a couple of hours,GL
Report Whisperingdeath August 6, 2016 9:31 AM BST
Well done everybody. That looked like an easy win from my point of view. I am a little surprised by the Aussie capitulataion. One thing is clear is that Starc is a top kwality bowler and if Aus get in first they are a dangerous side.

Good to see some of the new breed of Lankans. I think we are all excited by the Chinaman and the Off Spinner. Matthews is also class.

Last shout to Herath, what a player he is. I have been a long time fan and he has won me a lot of money!
Report mafeking August 6, 2016 11:05 AM BST
just shows how vulnerable oz are when there's any sort of movement whether it be seam or spin. their batsmen are real flat track bullies at the moment. clueless whenever it's even slightly tricky

you think england find it tricky on the subcontinent but their recent efforts are light years in front of australia. annihilation after annihilation last 2 or 3 years
Report tomtimtum August 6, 2016 12:35 PM BST
Does this mean they've now lost 8 of their last 8 tests in sub continent? Who could back them after this
Report tomtimtum August 6, 2016 12:37 PM BST
Lost 4-0 to India and 2-0 to Pak, now 2-0 down vs SL so yep, 0-8 from last 8!
Report mafeking August 6, 2016 12:50 PM BST
most of them by enormous margins. get absolutely hammered in the emirates a couple of winters ago. statistically think it was the most 1 sided test series of all time !
Report detraveller August 6, 2016 11:45 PM BST
Makes me happy seeing Aus struggle. For the last few years, they have been very unaustralian, with their pitches and the way they have portrayed some of their players as legends when they are actually quite crap.

They could be the new India. Hard to beat at home. Crap everywhere else(SA being an exception).
Report Try My Best August 7, 2016 2:08 PM BST
Moronic post.
Report Fatslogger August 7, 2016 4:45 PM BST

Aug 6, 2016 -- 12:50PM, mafeking wrote:

most of them by enormous margins. get absolutely hammered in the emirates a couple of winters ago. statistically think it was the most 1 sided test series of all time !

Had forgotten that one. That was the series Misbah scored a super quick ton in, wasn't it? Bet the Aussies have all forgotten it too, with a "Cricket? Nah mate, I'm more of an Aussie rules man really."

Report mafeking August 7, 2016 5:50 PM BST
yep it was somehow brushed under the carpet as though it never happened

100 off 57 balls. oz averaged 25 with the bat and 80 with the ball in the 2 tests. think that's the biggest difference for any proper side in test history Laugh
Report Try My Best August 7, 2016 10:11 PM BST
Which team is no 1 in the test rankings. Oh it's Australia. Which team are no 1 in the ODI rankings, oh its Australia. You English only come on here when you beat a substandard Pakistani side and talk utter ballocks in the process. The Aussies have had a more cricket legends than the English could ever dream about.
Report Captain Wurzel August 7, 2016 10:16 PM BST
Aussie batsmen are the best in the world - as long as the ball isn't swinging, seaming or spinning Laugh
Report Try My Best August 7, 2016 10:20 PM BST
Last decent player the Pomms had was W G Grace.
Report Captain Wurzel August 7, 2016 10:24 PM BST
He could probably give your lot a pasting even now.
Report Try My Best August 7, 2016 10:31 PM BST
and the Don could play blindfolded with one arm tied behind his back against your desperate lot
Report detraveller August 7, 2016 10:34 PM BST
I dont like Aussies. The reason being they are way too arrogant winning on flat pitches and rubbish anywhere else. India were the same in 90s and early 2000s. But you didn't see them being cocky about it when they always won at home. The only time their arrogance was justified was early 2000s. Another thing I don't like about them is they hide a lot of stuff behind 'playing tough'. When on the receiving end though, they are worse than a schoolgirl.

God knows how they got to Number 1  but they did and deserve full credit for that. But as Steve Waugh said about South Africa about a decade back, they may be number 1 but we are the best. And he was right. Right now, Aus are number 1, but they simply aren't the best. Credit where its due, they are number 1.
Report Captain Wurzel August 7, 2016 10:42 PM BST
Yeah he was great the don - so long as no one bowled short stuff at him - Larwood sussed he was yellow.
Report Try My Best August 7, 2016 10:43 PM BST
When you are no 1 you can afford to be arrogant. I don't like the Pommy bullshatters who always have an excuse for their failings, and by god they have had many and still think they are up there with the best. If your a cricket fan you should delight at the skills of Warne . the hitting of Gilchrist and the mental toughness of a Steve Waugh. But no its all about hating the Aussies. Those players are long gone but we still dominate the rankings.
Report Try My Best August 7, 2016 10:45 PM BST
Average 99.94 and don't forget it Wurzel Gummidge
Report Captain Wurzel August 7, 2016 10:46 PM BST
Good average for a yellow batsman.
Report Try My Best August 7, 2016 10:53 PM BST
You have let yourself down by calling the greatest batsman that has ever lived that name, on a cricket forum which I would hope contains cricket fans.
Report Captain Wurzel August 7, 2016 10:55 PM BST
I call it how it is - he was yellow.
Report Try My Best August 7, 2016 11:02 PM BST
You Pommy Hypocrites. You don't no nothing about the history of the game do you. If you did you would realise that the West Indies under Constantine and Martindale did the same to your lot the following series in the UK and your board then decided to ban the practice because you were crying about it. Typical Pomms no f all and come on here spouting about shat they know nothing about. How old r u lot about 10Laugh
Report Fatslogger August 7, 2016 11:06 PM BST
Lol, great stuff TMB. Fine work. You're hitting all the cliches, aren't you? Bradman was okay though, I admit.
Report Fatslogger August 7, 2016 11:10 PM BST
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/727929.html

Found the game. Makes England's efforts in the UAE look good.
Report Whisperingdeath August 8, 2016 8:42 AM BST
Captain Wurzel
07 Aug 16 22:42

Yeah he was great the don - so long as no one bowled short stuff at him - Larwood sussed he was yellow.

I think you might find that Larwood just did as he was told old chap. Percy Fender was the one who noticed The Don didn't like it up him but then who did...Brian Close? I don't think so.

Bit harsh calling The Don yellow. Fairs fair old man. All the other stuff is perfectly ok though paticularly about being cry babies!
Report Captain Wurzel August 8, 2016 10:44 AM BST
Just having a laugh at my colonial cousin WD - I know the history of bodyline by the way. Cant have this

convict saying we haven't had a decent player since WG without cranking his handle.
Report Whisperingdeath August 8, 2016 2:14 PM BST
I knowWink
Report detraveller August 8, 2016 10:13 PM BST
Market has caught up and not given us a juicy price on Srilanka for the third test. Even they have realized how crap these aussies are.
Report Try My Best August 9, 2016 6:35 PM BST
We can even lose a few test matches and still be ranked No.1 in the World . That's how far ahead of the rest we are. You really are a clueless bunch. You lot probably started watching cricket in 2005 and thought you were going to have continued success. Well that didn't work out too well did it. You even needed an Aussie to get you out of the **** you were in because you have some of the worst coaches in the game. If you need to improve your cricketing skills and bottle who ya going call -  that's right an Aussie. Wink
Report Captain Wurzel August 9, 2016 7:34 PM BST
Really enjoyed seeing Bayliss celebrating with the England lads after the last crushing Ashes series win Laugh God loves a sinner who repents.
Report Captain Wurzel August 9, 2016 8:18 PM BST
We can even lose a few test matches and still be ranked No.1 in the World . That's how far ahead of the rest we are. You really are a clueless bunch.

bit of a tip mate - check your facts before you post. It's from the Sydney Morning Herald by the way.

Australia v Sri Lanka: Tourists 'hurt' if No.1 Test ranking is lost

GALLE: Australia's woes on the sub-continent have been compounded by the harsh reality that they could lose their coveted top billing to India or a bold England side which hasn't reached "anywhere near" its potential.

England's 2-1 series lead after a stunning win on the final day of the third Test against Pakistan at Edgbaston, where they grabbed four wickets for one run through reverse swing, has them primed to usurp Australia should they win the fourth and final Test at The Oval this week.
Nervous times: Sri Lanka's series win and England's success against Pakistan has Australia's Test crown in jeopardy.
Nervous times: Sri Lanka's series win and England's success against Pakistan has Australia's Test crown in jeopardy.  Photo: AP

The world champions will have a chance to retain their tag should they find a way of handling the Sri Lankan spinners in the third Test in Colombo, beginning on Saturday – and other unexpected results go their way.

Adding to the battle for top spot, India could also vault to the top if they win their series in the West Indies. The tourists lead the best-of-four series 1-0 after two Tests.

The Australians were presented with the International Cricket Council's championship mace in Kandy on the eve of this series, having won 10 Tests before the April 1 cut-off.

Skipper Steve Smith admitted at the time his team would now be the "hunted", and that's been the case here after two Tests – with unwanted consequences.

Ahead of leaving for Colombo, allrounder Mitch Marsh said the tourists would be "hurt" should the No.1 billing be lost. They could yet slip to third spot.

"Any team that gets knocked off the perch as the No.1 Test team in the world, it would certainly hurt everyone," Marsh said on Monday.

"It would be very disappointing if we lost that. We haven't had it for that long. We were really hoping to try and stretch the gap. We've got the opportunity to win this next Test match and that's all we can do."

While the Australians have the No.1 ranking, an Ashes defeat last year, and their ongoing battles on the sub-continent, have meant there has been debate about their placing. Marsh said the top billing meant "a hell of a lot".

"It's what we strive for. In the Test arena you don't play for a premiership, you play to be No.1 in the world and that's what we strive for every day," he said.

The tourists have struggled in several areas but Marsh has shown more signs of morphing into the fast-bowling allrounder Australia believe he can be.

He was urged to play his natural attacking game before the series began and, to date, he is one of only two Australian batsmen to score more than 100 runs. He has 101 runs at 25.25 – only Steve Smith, with 120 runs at 30, has more. This compares to four Sri Lankan batsmen with more than 100 runs, led by Kusal Mendis' 277 at 69.25.

"I've felt really comfortable when I've gone out into the middle. For me, it's just about doing it for longer periods of time … a lot longer periods of time," Marsh said.

"Our batting group has managed to get starts, [but] something we pride ourselves on is when we get to 20 or 30 we go on with it.

"If we had one or two blokes do that then the last few Test matches would be different games."

Marsh's brother, Shaun, is firming in discussions to win a Test recall this week, as Joe Burns and Usman Khawaja are under pressure because of their on-field struggles.

While the tourists seek to engineer a recovery, England have delivered skipper Alastair Cook one of his best wins, and completed a superb 15 months for their Australian coach, Trevor Bayliss.

"If we become No.1 there, that's fantastic. But it will be a bit of an irrelevance, because this side has still got much further to go," Cook said.

"If we do win at The Oval, I wouldn't say we are anywhere near our potential. I thought that might come in a couple of years' time. If it happens, that's probably because of other results."

That potential could reach its peak in time for the 2017-18 Ashes series in Australia.
Report salmon spray August 9, 2016 9:02 PM BST
I started watching cricket in 1956 and you didn't have a decent spinner then. You haven't now.
Report Try My Best August 9, 2016 9:02 PM BST
We've been at the top of the tree for so long it's boring. Can't even be bothered reading that lot Gummidge especially from someone who knows nothing about the game. Go and have a read of Wisdens and get some knowledge before you spout any more bullshat
Report Try My Best August 9, 2016 9:24 PM BST
I think that's fair comment. Keith Miller and Benaud were ok but at least you have had the privilege of seeing  the best of all time in the baggy green. And no Murili wasn't better.
Report Try My Best August 9, 2016 9:32 PM BST
but we are still no1Laugh
Report Whisperingdeath August 9, 2016 10:43 PM BST
Thats a bit rude TMB

I don't think Salmon Spray saw Clarrie Grimmet!
Report salmon spray August 10, 2016 9:22 AM BST
He means Bill O'Reilly I think.
Report Captain Wurzel August 10, 2016 11:50 AM BST
Lets face it this Aussie side is very limited - there's a couple of decent bowlers but the batting is one dimensional and

completely without the wherewithal to cope with foreign conditions. TMB seems to be getting very angry - shrieking and

shouting in lieu of reasoned argument.
Report Try My Best August 10, 2016 6:57 PM BST
Very limited and still No1 Laugh. Jesus you couldn't make it up. Reasoned argument I think not. Bradman was yellow, reasoned argument , I think not. I don't like Aussies coz their arrogant. Good on flat pitches and rubbish everywhere else., reasoned argument I think not. You lot wouldn't know a cricket ball from a rugby ball you are that limited in your knowledge That far in front in the rankings and could afford to lose a lot of test matches lately and still be No.1. If we're bad the rest must be appalling.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com