Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pxb
08 Nov 13 22:38
| Topic/replies: 8,019 | Blogger: pxb's blog
Last time these 2 played in Mumbai, it was that rare beast a drawn match with both teams with the same number of runs. I remember it well, as it was almost that even rarer beast a tied Test match, which would have cost me a decent profit.

This time out, I expect plenty of runs but a comfortable win for India. Laying the draw first up.
Pause Switch to Standard View India vs WI 2nd Test Mumbai
Show More
Report pxb November 9, 2013 11:38 PM GMT
India as usual is too short at 1.69, but I expect it to go a bit lower by Wednesday. WI back to lay an option, as Mumbai often sees big 1st inn scores. In the drawn game 2 years ago, WI scored 590 batting first.
Report mnbfrankel November 10, 2013 7:49 PM GMT
Probably this would be WI best chance of avoiding the loss as the whole nation including the players will be focussed on Sachin(last match), WI must capitalise that, but WI are WI, even they cant help themselves Grin On the serious note, WI havent beaten India in the last 4 test matches, losing all 4, 1 away, 3 home http://www.cricketscore.com/match/YqanzPjj/#h2h;overall
Report pxb November 10, 2013 10:27 PM GMT
India now at 1.62 and looks like it will go sub 1.6. After initially laying the draw, I have switched to laying India. I'm expecting a road first 3 days, and hoping WI bat first.
Report Whisperingdeath November 11, 2013 4:19 PM GMT
I never underestimate the WI capability of throwing it away.  Their batting was shocking at times.  Chanderpaul should bat 3 to give the others a chance.  Bravo is a good bat and Samuels can bat.  I can't see a WI victory but if it a flat one then WI have a chance at the draw if they want it.  Not betting on this unless something happens in play to get the juices going.

Good that Tendulkar is finally going as the likes of the Incredibly Talented Rohit Sharma, Rahane and Karthik deserve their chance.  India's batting is a joy to watch.  I really hope WI can show some fight.
Report DJSteer November 11, 2013 5:37 PM GMT
Small draw lay for me at 3.5s which I'll top up if it falls considerably (which is a greater possibility here, particularly if India bat first... but not enough to make me want to back the draw at SP). Ultimately I predict a result, most probably an Indian win.
Report Foinavon November 12, 2013 1:15 AM GMT
Price for India still gradually shrinking. It's hard to make a case for any other result. Perhaps 1.6 is as good as it gets.
Report pxb November 12, 2013 4:15 AM GMT
Anyone interested can get India to win series @ 1.62. 6 points over the match price. I took most of it, but $150 left.
Report scliffor November 12, 2013 6:57 PM GMT
Got to feel that any other than an Indian win is unlikely. Surely the script has already been written, SRT's 200th and final test can't be a draw or defeat.

Wouldn't like to be umpiring this game. Bet they are hoping that SRT misses a straight one sending stumps flying or hits one up in the air. I wouldn't give much for their chances of getting out of the stadium if he's given LBW.
Report pxb November 12, 2013 11:07 PM GMT
I'm hoping WI win the toss and post a decent 1st inn score to make a game of it. If India bat first, we could see 500+ on a flat deck.
Report DStyle November 13, 2013 9:46 PM GMT
england had a rough time in their first test in india but they dug deep, found the required grind, discipline and resolve and their two considerably able spinners performed, but the dogged batting was critical.

save chanderpaul, there is no way this windies side has the resolve or patience required to grind out either a draw or a win here.

1.55 on india seems bonkers when the only chance I see of them losing it is a monumental fack up by them in the absence of any genuine pressure from the windies.

1.1 india.

1.22 india if chanderpaul bats at 4 or above.
Report peckerdunne November 13, 2013 11:39 PM GMT
At 11.5 pre toss, its a no brainer...............

Back Windies............................
Report pxb November 13, 2013 11:46 PM GMT
I'm wondering how low India can go pre-toss. Sub 1.5? Still laying.
Report Whisperingdeath November 14, 2013 12:41 AM GMT
Pecker

Is that 11.5 a lay back should Windies win the toss?  I honestly can't see how they could even beat an egg at the moment!
Report pxb November 14, 2013 3:36 AM GMT
India win toss and bowl. Must be confident of victory.
Report Only-the-Brave November 14, 2013 3:39 AM GMT
b kumar to run through the top order I reckon.
Report Esox November 14, 2013 4:28 AM GMT
Gayle out for 11
Report lanza November 14, 2013 5:08 AM GMT
sachin to open 2nd digs to knock off the winning runs??
Report Whisperingdeath November 14, 2013 7:13 AM GMT
Deja vu,

India may only bat once, he better score in the first innings!

Actually as deja goes had another cheeky shilling on Windies just in case the pitch becomes difficult, runs on the board and all that.  I will increase the bet when the next wicket falls which is looking imminentLaugh!
Report jucel69 November 14, 2013 8:15 AM GMT
glad i layed the draw, not India. I was 50/50 this morning
Report tyco161 November 14, 2013 8:16 AM GMT
The question I have now is: Is India a free lay at 1.08? Am pondering pondering how to approach this one because there is always a second innings. And if India bat well.... the draw will come in but to what? Any advice is welcome :)
Report jucel69 November 14, 2013 8:16 AM GMT
i love India's new policy of turning pitches from day 1
Report Whisperingdeath November 14, 2013 8:17 AM GMT
Oh dear,

I was hoping for a WI counter attack but second ball Sammy?

I am sorry but I don't think he is should be playing test cricket.  I am not one of his detractors try as he does but neither his batting nor bowling is adding to this team.  He shouldn't be a scapegoat though as plenty of others are poor as is the selection of Shiv at 5. 

Does anyopne know why Narine has not been selected?

Oh Lord, mind the windows TinoLaugh!
Report jucel69 November 14, 2013 8:17 AM GMT
It's a free lay imo
Report tyco161 November 14, 2013 8:18 AM GMT
cheers jucel69.. you must be on the back at 1.08 :) just joking. But I cant but help feeling a little iffy, it is the West Indies after all...
Report Whisperingdeath November 14, 2013 8:20 AM GMT
Jucel,

I like the fact that there is pace in the wicket, gives everyone a chance.  The spin is an added bonus and batters have had it too good for too long.  Spinning the ball and playing a spinning ball are art forms that we have been missing for a long while ( Murali and Warne excluded! ).  You are right.
Report jucel69 November 14, 2013 8:21 AM GMT
i laid the draw 2k gbp (liability) so might aswell give myself a big chance on WI (lay draw) and also cover the draw, which is virtually impossible but I've stopped leaving liabilities to chance. One bitten etc etc
Report jucel69 November 14, 2013 8:22 AM GMT
Made a load on the 3-1 Eng & 4-0 v aus & that included losing 1500 gbp on the last ind v eng game that ended in a draw!
Report jucel69 November 14, 2013 8:23 AM GMT
this pitch seems very similar to the ind v eng last year.
Report Whisperingdeath November 14, 2013 8:25 AM GMT
Jucel,

No harm in covering a WI win either at the end of this innings just in case Tino and Shillingford get any help from this pitch.  I can't see India batting so badly though.  Looks looks another innings defeat to me!
Report jucel69 November 14, 2013 8:26 AM GMT
india were about 1.17 after the last game after wi first innings and wi got 230ish. Now 1.07 so there is some value as this has more in it
Report jucel69 November 14, 2013 8:30 AM GMT
u can lay india big and even if they bat well, they can't be much lower than 1.05/1.06 after
Report tyco161 November 14, 2013 8:32 AM GMT
that is my thinking too jucel, its really a free option on the WI's tearing through India. If not and you are nervous about WI batting innings 2, you can just buy back at 1.05/1.06 or better
Report Whisperingdeath November 14, 2013 8:32 AM GMT
yes it is a good call in case there are early wickets and if not exit
Report Whisperingdeath November 14, 2013 8:34 AM GMT
trying for 1.06Laugh
Report tyco161 November 14, 2013 8:41 AM GMT
you not going to get 1.06 whisperingdeath. The difference between 1.06 and 1.08 is huge. But if you are patient 1.07 may be possible. Just trying to work out a few scenarios. India all out for 182... what the price on India to win? About 1.50?
India get 300...   1.08?
India 400    1.06/1.07
India 500+    1.10     as psychologically the draw will have come in? But I know I may be reading this slightly wrong. I cannot see the downside?
Report jucel69 November 14, 2013 8:44 AM GMT
tyco - i would be very nervous of WI batting second!
Report tyco161 November 14, 2013 8:47 AM GMT
Yeah I know, so am I... but Im just trying to do the math in my head and trying to work out a few scenarios. Feel free to pick them apart because I am hoping someone can show me the caveat
Report teo813 November 14, 2013 8:49 AM GMT
It is all about how fast India will get the runs, if the RR is high we could easily see 1.04-1.05.
Report tyco161 November 14, 2013 8:51 AM GMT
cheers teo813, that is another factor to take into consideration...
Report Whisperingdeath November 14, 2013 8:53 AM GMT
I am not a mathmetician so I see two scenario's, a couple of early wickets or an Shik attack.  Either way there is a price adjustment.  A steady start by India will just be uninteresting for everybody.
Report Whisperingdeath November 14, 2013 9:02 AM GMT
I've seen enough!

Save your money guys!
Report Whisperingdeath November 14, 2013 9:04 AM GMT
I was about to apologise to any West Indian friends but that would seem unfairer!
Report jucel69 November 14, 2013 9:08 AM GMT
yeh, not much money to be made on this game from now on. GSM at tea on the 1st day!
Report Whisperingdeath November 14, 2013 9:09 AM GMT
If Sammy doesn't get Best on now he is an idiot
Report Whisperingdeath November 14, 2013 9:09 AM GMT
If Sammy doesn't get Best on now he is an idiot
Report Whisperingdeath November 14, 2013 9:13 AM GMT
This Gabriel is just a big lump old school spear chucker. He is going to get put to the sword by this generation of Indian batters
Report tyco161 November 14, 2013 9:29 AM GMT
well the option theory is holding... just
Report Whisperingdeath November 14, 2013 9:41 AM GMT
was going to say these 3 day pitches are doing nothing for test cricket in India but as we can see it is not the fault of the curator, Dhoni or the Board.  West Indies are very sad. Oh for the days down the Harleyford Road in the 70's!Sad
Report tyco161 November 14, 2013 9:47 AM GMT
just lay the draw :)At SP that is.
Report jucel69 November 14, 2013 10:07 AM GMT
draw 26, should be 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Report Whisperingdeath November 14, 2013 10:31 AM GMT
He looks majestic already I'd say the sporting gods are with him and he will get a hundred!
Report Only-the-Brave November 14, 2013 10:46 AM GMT
nice to see pujara going well again as well.  He's the best of the lot when it comes to the new generation in this format imo
Report Whisperingdeath November 14, 2013 11:12 AM GMT
I think you may be right, the new Wall!
Report Whisperingdeath November 14, 2013 11:22 AM GMT
India developing a good side here

Dharwan, Vijay,Pujara, Kohli, Sharnma ( the incredibly talented ), Jadeja ( Khartik ), Dhoni, Aswin, Kumar B, Shami plus a fast bowler away or a spinner at home.
Report YOMOMMA November 14, 2013 11:51 AM GMT
They've always had batsmen. It's finding seam bowlers for test matches abroad which is the problem.

West Indies test cricket has been on a slump for a long while.
Report peckerdunne November 14, 2013 1:42 PM GMT
WD..YES

Backed pre toss to lay at lower if winning the toss.........

And having a litttle stab at run lines

so a free bet to nothing(literallyLaugh)is where i stood.....
Report Whisperingdeath November 14, 2013 6:23 PM GMT
WI never fail to disappoint me Pecker! The only team to upset me more were NZ when they couldn't bat out till the hurricane came to JamaicaLaugh!  I'da won millions!
Report pxb November 14, 2013 11:29 PM GMT
Groundsman said a few days back that this would go the 5th day. Agree very poor by WI.
Report diavolo000 November 15, 2013 5:10 AM GMT
Doubtful we will see SRT again.
Report Whisperingdeath November 15, 2013 5:47 AM GMT
I think Shillingford bowls with a bent arm.  I call it chucking but maybe it is legal but it shouldn't be.  Further to that I don't think you can bowl a genuine dhoorsa without bending your arm.

I think the head on to the fielder replay was misleading for the catch but on another angle i did think the ball bounced before he caught it.  Whether it bounced off his fingers I don't know.  I think the bowler was unlucky with camera angles but maybe it did bounce.
Report lanza November 15, 2013 6:24 AM GMT
when they checked the no ball for that non given wicket i did think to myself... it looked like he was 'chucking' then.

personally thought it was out.   Seems to be phases (or umpires really) as to when they are given out or not.  Nightmare for the sniper. Laugh
Report DStyle November 15, 2013 10:17 AM GMT
I agree WD.

You can bowl a dhoorsa with a straight arm but you'll get next to no purchase.

the wrist still comes into play with a conventional off break, it's almost impossible to allow the wrist to do the same with a dhoosra and the elbow has to bend to allow it.
Report DStyle November 15, 2013 10:21 AM GMT
great knock from sharma. over 75% of the strike and 63/64 runs in the partnership
Report Whisperingdeath November 15, 2013 10:54 AM GMT
oh and btw did I tell anybody that I thought Rohit Sharma was incredibly talentedLaugh! kerching, that's another rupee for him!

I bowl a wicked dhoorsa in my hallway but the arm doesn't come over the shoulderLaugh! It is like from the forehead down, spins away. 

I think in the old days it was the straight one but maybe Murali with his weird wrists could actually bowl a genuine dhoorsa ( I am not one of his knockers, he has a genuine bent arm so to speak but much of his spin comes from the bending almost backwards of his wrist imho )

I think what happened was Harbhajan then developed one in his Turbanator days and the rest followed.  I was just shocked at Shillingfords action.  I remember being called a chucker in days of yore was akin to getting a racial slur!
Report peckerdunne November 15, 2013 3:33 PM GMT
This is ll news to me.....

WD has a hallway...................Grin
Report slip5 November 16, 2013 2:17 AM GMT
I hope gayle get 100 plus here and sachin open the batting and he get a 10 not out chasing 20
Report pxb November 16, 2013 6:56 AM GMT
Jeez, an hour later and BF still hasn't settled the series markets. Very poor.
Report DStyle November 17, 2013 10:29 AM GMT
shillingford and samuels both reported for chucking and to undergo tests.
Report DStyle November 17, 2013 10:33 AM GMT
i hadn't realised that both had been suspended and investigated in the past.

umpires should be much much quicker to call no balls / remove bowlers from the attack for players who have been reported in the past.

basically, it's cheating, and they've been found out, and they continue to do it.

i've seen botha slip in his doosra with a massive chuck far too many times after having had it banned and imo he should be removed from the attack if he does it.
Report Injera November 17, 2013 11:10 AM GMT
Surprised and pleased to see Shillingford get picked up on this.

When they were checking his front foot for no balls the angle of his bowling arm was embarrassing.

I guess there's a balance between wanting spinners to thrive in the game and allowing illegal actions.

Test cricket needs wickets to fall regularly to make it interesting but too many spinners are using the front of the hand ball to take those wickets.

Swann has said he can't bowl a doosra without chucking it which is of course correct for most bowlers, not just him..
Report DStyle November 17, 2013 5:37 PM GMT
i've got no problem with it not being called during a test if it's a first offence with investigations happening after the test has finished.

it's right that an umpire's hunch shouldn't force a bowler to be penalised or removed from an attack, but after it's been identified as a problem umpires should be hyper vigilant.

in particular the third umpire. I'm fast thinking that being a third umpire could be the easiest job in the world. you're only called upon for a few moment every match to do a job you could train a monkey to do, and even then it doesn't seem to matter if you make the right decision or follow the correct protocol.
Report Whisperingdeath November 20, 2013 10:27 AM GMT
Very interesting.  I thought this Test was over but far from it!

I am glad that Shillingford is being investigated.  I didn't see Smauels bowl but it would appear many of us called Shillingford without even looking for it ffs!

If I was a Test batsmen and I got out to a dhoosra I would refer the decision to the third umpire.  That would set the cat amongst the pidgeons!  I wonder what the ruling would be on that...checking the legality of the ball, they check for no balls!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com