Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lybertyne
13 Dec 19 11:09
| Topic/replies: 7,791 | Blogger: lybertyne's blog
Yes, they won the most seats in Scotland but they only got 45% of the vote.  An IndyRef is a binary yes/no vote.  Independence is the SNP's mantra and yet the majority didn't favour it.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 52
By:
clacton
When: 13 Dec 19 12:02
Let them go. Most miserable bunch of MP's ever seen in Westminster. Should be the first thing Boris does. They would soon be skint.
Sling them out. No need for referendum.
By:
Angoose
When: 13 Dec 19 12:14
You could apply that same twisted logic to the EU referendum result, Tory and Brexit vote shore was just 46%.
By:
Platini
When: 13 Dec 19 12:25
Indyref2 ?  bring it on

they can't even contemplate that there will be some yes voters from last time, who will switch to no, because they are hell bent on dragging us back into the EU.
By:
bigmo
When: 13 Dec 19 12:29
It was mentioned on the TV this morning that by the time they get chance for Indieref2 we'll be well out of the EU and it will be a different kettle of fish voters by then.
Either Andrew Neil or Marr said it.

Reckons Sturgeon is in an even weaker place now. Time will tell I guess.
By:
trilby22
When: 13 Dec 19 13:22
Absolutely bring on her push for IndyRef2 and Finnish the cult once and for all.  Happy daze Love
By:
pa lapsy
When: 13 Dec 19 13:29
Free Scotland,Free Ireland,leave the UK to the English nationalists and stamp out unionism,please Santa.
By:
screaming from beneaththewaves
When: 13 Dec 19 14:14
If the SNP genuinely believed the Scots would vote for independence in a referendum, they'd stop demanding one.
By:
northanlite
When: 13 Dec 19 14:26
so the logic here is that none of the 55% of the electorate that voted for other parties will
vote for independence???
what a quaintly binary way of viewing things.
By:
sofiakenny
When: 13 Dec 19 16:40
Right now its 50/50..the more we are ignored those numbers will rise for Indy.
By:
sofiakenny
When: 13 Dec 19 16:42
We have had enough of tories pishing on us claiming its rain..we havent voted for them since the 50's..you can keep them.
By:
Nebs
When: 14 Dec 19 01:51
The two sides need to agree the leaving deal before indyref2, then everyone will know what they are voting for.
By:
politicspunter
When: 14 Dec 19 23:07
One thing would be certain in another Scottish independence referendum. The independence option were miles behind at the start of the campaign the last time. They wont be next time.
By:
sofiakenny
When: 14 Dec 19 23:26
It's coming.
By:
Burt06
When: 14 Dec 19 23:44
Give us English the vote whether we want them to stay or not.

Will be a landslide telling them to fk right off and pay for their own sh!t.

Counts.
By:
Torquemada
When: 14 Dec 19 23:50
It would be a very interesting experiment Burt!

I don’t think I agree with your outcome though. I think most of us English and Welsh beat no ill will to the Scots, more a friendly rivalry.
By:
Torquemada
When: 14 Dec 19 23:50
“Bear no ill will”
By:
Torquemada
When: 14 Dec 19 23:57
Perhaps we could take a poll of how Englishmen on here would vote?
By:
politicspunter
When: 15 Dec 19 00:02
Vote on what?
By:
Torquemada
When: 15 Dec 19 00:03
See new thread.
By:
Nebs
When: 15 Dec 19 00:31
Sort out a deal where Scotland and half of N Ireland remain as the UK, and the rest of us leave. This would mean that the "new" UK would now be a net receiver of quite substantial funds from the EU, and would not have to worry about applying for EU membership as the UK is already a member. The new UK could pay the old members, who have now left the UK, a substantial sum (out of their EU money) for this privilege, and everyone is a winner.
By:
jucel69
When: 15 Dec 19 00:33
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 15 Dec 19 00:39
id rather top myself than use the euro
By:
Torquemada
When: 15 Dec 19 00:43
Anxious is still butthurt over Thursday’s election result and is having a PLEASE BAN ME meltdown across several forums. Grin
By:
jucel69
When: 15 Dec 19 00:52
Blackfoot was on the TV saying Scots would use the pound
Neil told him they won't let you but he continued to keep repeating it like some malfunctioning android
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 15 Dec 19 00:54
Laugh alex salmond spoke the same sh1t however many years ago it was and thats what cost them in the end
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 15 Dec 19 00:54
they couldnt say what currency we would use or what would happen to peoples savings and pensions
By:
jucel69
When: 15 Dec 19 00:55

Dec 14, 2019 -- 6:43PM, Torquemada wrote:

Anxious is still butthurt over Thursday’s election result and is having a PLEASE BAN ME meltdown across several forums.

Sitting in his squat with a bottle of cheap voddie and arsenic riddle baccy from the floors of an Eastern european fâg factory .
I'd hate to be his neighbours, I bet those walls are waffffer thin
Probably got a couple of ASBOs for breach of the peace, screaming at his computer through the night like a raving loon

By:
jucel69
When: 15 Dec 19 00:56

Dec 14, 2019 -- 6:54PM, GRANTCKING wrote:

they couldnt say what currency we would use or what would happen to peoples savings and pensions

Yeh it's quite an important point!!

By:
Torquemada
When: 15 Dec 19 00:58
In the event of Scottish Independence, could the Bank of England and Westminster stop Scotland from using the pound?

Genuine question, I have no idea of the correct answer.
By:
JML
When: 15 Dec 19 00:58
Most undecided will vote to stay because they know that Indyref 3 will be along soon.
By:
Torquemada
When: 15 Dec 19 00:59
Waffffer thin. Laugh

A fellow Monty Python fan?
By:
Torquemada
When: 15 Dec 19 01:02
I sometimes think Anxious is about to explode like Mr Creosote. Laugh
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 15 Dec 19 01:03

Dec 14, 2019 -- 6:58PM, Torquemada wrote:

In the event of Scottish Independence, could the Bank of England and Westminster stop Scotland from using the pound? Genuine question, I have no idea of the correct answer.

im not sure if im remembering correctly but I think salmond said they would negotiate a deal with england in order to keep the £ which is why they couldnt say for certain which currency scotland would use

By:
anxious
When: 15 Dec 19 01:03
Viva the SNP  and good luck to Scotland hopefully son you will be free from the spiv vermin
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 15 Dec 19 01:04
An independent Scotland would look to introduce its own currency within the first few years of leaving the UK under a new policy set to be introduced by the SNP.

Under the proposals, Scotland would initially keep the pound during a "transition period" after independence.

But the Scottish Parliament would decide within its first term when to introduce a separate Scottish currency.

The move would be a major policy shift from the 2014 independence referendum.

The Scottish government's White Paper on independence ahead of the referendum said Scotland would share the pound in a formal currency union with the rest of the UK after independence.

However, this was ruled out by the UK government - and the currency issue was widely seen as a major reason for the Yes campaign losing the referendum.
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 15 Dec 19 01:06
Laugh
By:
anxious
When: 15 Dec 19 01:07
Put johny adair and his boyfriend nigel ive lost my seat dodds in there too
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 15 Dec 19 01:07
mad dog!