Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Dr Crippen
21 Aug 17 10:28
| Topic/replies: 49,913 | Blogger: Dr Crippen's blog
So who complained about that and why?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 84
By:
salmon spray
When: 21 Aug 17 11:13
If it was the one I think it was it had remained relatively civilised last time I looked at it.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Aug 17 11:25
It was simply a discussion on why Hitler rose to power so easily on the back of racism.
Although one poster was getting a bit hot under the collar.

I probably got the credit for that by bringing up a subject concerning alleged events that happened 100 years ago. 

By the way SS, a banned poster from here is posting under the name of Dr Crippen on YouTube and your name has been mentioned.

I don't need to tell you it isn't me. I post under a different name on Youtube and I haven't posted there for ages.
By:
salmon spray
When: 21 Aug 17 11:32
Thanks for the tip-off.
Is it one of the two usual threads ?
By:
portmanpark
When: 21 Aug 17 11:35
Was looking for it this morning.Thought it was a good thread.Pity.
By:
portmanpark
When: 21 Aug 17 11:36
Read some where breedingmad has been banned.Wonder if it had anything to do with it.
By:
portmanpark
When: 21 Aug 17 11:36
Read some where breedingmad has been banned.Wonder if it had anything to do with it.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Aug 17 11:44
Yes SS the PJ Harvey one.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Aug 17 11:45
I think that's very likely portmanpark.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Aug 17 11:52
He's taken them all down now after it was so obvious who it was.

He'll be assured of a warm welcome if he ever comes back here.
By:
salmon spray
When: 21 Aug 17 12:14
I've just been through the whole lot on that video/thread. It looks as though somebody ( Cox ? ) can control posts. He appears to be talking to Ron ( Russian ? ) most of the time but as far as I can see that guy has no posts.
can't see any under your name Crippen but Cox has been on since breedingmad was banned.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Aug 17 13:33
Yes SS all the Dr Crippen posts have been removed.

You can do that yourself under the edit tag on YouTube.

Which would be useful on here to save all the misunderstandings.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Aug 17 13:42
You can also change your username three times before they restrict you.

So it looks like the Betfair banned poster has used up his three usernames for now.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Aug 17 13:44
I don't know how many accounts you're allowed on there though.

I should have called this the Youtube thread instead of the Hitler thread.
By:
STUDYFORM
When: 21 Aug 17 14:10
Quelle surprise.
By:
Slicer
When: 21 Aug 17 14:18
I have logged on specially to see how that thread was developing. Someone obviously overstepped the mark. This banning and reporting of others hardly ever took place in the good old days. Such a shame it's got to this stage.  Breedingmad resorted to insulting me as he couldn't outdo me in debate, but I laugh at these people rather than reporting them. It would have to be something extraordinary for me to report anyone. I actually think there should be an official thread posted by BetFair notifying forunmites of who is banned and for how long.
By:
STUDYFORM
When: 21 Aug 17 14:20
It disappears - then crippen changes more history than he did in the original thread!
As was predicted by someone else within the thread.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Aug 17 17:11
It's the report button that's the problem Slicer.

They've made it too easy to complain now.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Aug 17 17:49
STUDYFORM please explain. I can't see how my position has changed.
By:
not allowed to bet
When: 21 Aug 17 19:50
interestingly it can be mentioning the ages of the profit's liddle frend wot can do you in without anyone hitting the butt on- or similar references if you get what I mean  nudge nudge
By:
Arleystation
When: 21 Aug 17 19:51
Anyone who refers to a fellow poster as "SS" on this particular thread should surely be banned tooDevil.
By:
not allowed to bet
When: 21 Aug 17 19:59
I will be stopping off at your station in 10 days time
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Aug 17 20:11
I find the period just after the start of WW2 interesting.
Little is said about the pact that Hitler had with Stalin during over this first part of the war.

Because Russia in theory was our enemy at the time.

In fact they were discussing pooling their forces against the allies, and were talking about how they would divide up the British Empire after we'd capitulated.

Of course Hitler double crossed Stalin and launched operation Barbarossa while Stalin was thinking about it.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Aug 17 20:27
On the Severn Valley Railway natb?

I used to get off there to go fishing on the Severn Years ago. Two pubs one called the Harbour on the railway side and the Valencia across the river.

I've spent many a nights drinking there.
By:
ufcdan
When: 21 Aug 17 22:56
If their going to remove topics I'm not going to play anymore Sad Seriously was something said that was out of order ? It was legitimate question, given today the Alt right and Alt left there seems to be opposing forces in all countries why not back then ? Sad
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Aug 17 23:31
Seriously was something said that was out of order ?

I can understand why someone might want the thread removed because of what we were discussing.
By:
not allowed to bet
When: 22 Aug 17 07:55
yes doctor
arley a beautiful setting
a walk down the steep hill past the pub over the long river footbridge for an ice cream in the village shoppe

back to bridgnorth for a few pints in the station pub  as a 2  6  4 MT  tank clanks around its train

I often seem to be there when the ale festival is on !!
By:
dave1357
When: 22 Aug 17 11:42
has anyone seen not allowed to bet and moisok in the same room?
By:
The Leopard
When: 22 Aug 17 12:27
Bito ?
By:
The Leopard
When: 22 Aug 17 12:28
Obviously the were all naked Laugh
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 22 Aug 17 12:43
has anyone seen not allowed to bet and moisok in the same room?

Funny you should say that dave.
I had a drink with the pair of them one night.

Strangely moisok was wearing a beard and glasses with a bald head (looked like a pull on mask to me)
And not allowed to bet was either in the bog or outside for a breath of fresh air when moisok was about, and the reverse was also the case.

I never saw them together.
By:
GoOnThen
When: 22 Aug 17 12:48
I can see why some people would be upset by this thread.Give them their dues.
By:
The Leopard
When: 22 Aug 17 12:52
^ It's the way you tell them Plain
By:
portmanpark
When: 22 Aug 17 20:20
dr Crippen.....don't think that's right about hitler and stalin carving up and sharing the spoils.....stalin knew that hitler would invade eventually...........the pact bought him time and a buffer his part of Poland between him and the germans.....
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 22 Aug 17 20:27
According to what I read portmanpark, Hitler was short of vital raw materials and Russia supplied him with them then during the pact.

I also read that without these vital raw materials Germany's invasion of Russia would have been impossible.

If that's true Hitler was playing Stalin for a fool.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 22 Aug 17 20:31
It's also true that Germany was supplying Russia with machine tools and machinery in return.
By:
salmon spray
When: 22 Aug 17 22:35
I think you'll find the general concensus is that Stalin didn't trust Hitler one inch but didn't fancy his military chances.Moreover he had a free hand in Finland which Russia had only lost after the 1st WW,and Stalin was essentially a successor to the Tsars.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 22 Aug 17 22:39
I wonder what the truth is SS.
I read that Stalin didn't fear Germany because he thought the Germans could never defeat the Russian army.
By:
portmanpark
When: 22 Aug 17 22:41
ss...the finns gave the Russians a good fight.They say the finns were the only german ally who came out of the war untarnished.
By:
lfc1971
When: 22 Aug 17 23:02
Stalin had a mental breakdown in 1941, he disappeared for 3 days and when Molotov and a couple of other leading soviets came to get him he thought they had come to shoot him.
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com