Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
olddesperado
21 Jul 17 22:26
| Topic/replies: 7,411 | Blogger: olddesperado's blog
The biggest surprise of the pay revelations for me was the BBC position on it all.

Not embarrasment  over the obscene amount some talentless individuals get but embarrassement over the pay equality between the genders.

They seem to feel women should get more,  how about men getting less ?

Gary Lineker  is a presenter ,  asks a few questions one night a week and tries to say something witty to some of the replies.

Would they lose 10 viewers if a normal presenter on 50K a year replaced this almost 2 million a year free loader.

Probably applies to 70% of the names on the list.
Show More
Report GoOnThen July 21, 2017 11:02 PM BST
Well said. I totally agree.
Report KeenLeader July 21, 2017 11:39 PM BST
Agree but 70% may be a bit too low
Report Capt__F July 21, 2017 11:41 PM BST
cd have a diff presenter MOTD each week like HIGNFY
Report Breedingmad July 22, 2017 8:24 AM BST
We do seem to have a habit of throwing money at people with lots of money .
Report Barry Conway July 22, 2017 9:15 AM BST
"Would they lose 10 viewers..."

Are there 10 viewers? On the last week of the season, MOTD didn't even get in the top 30 watched programmes on BBC1 or BBC2. Even "Shop Well For Less" managed that feat (3.6m viewers).
Report dustybin July 22, 2017 10:08 AM BST
All this pumping of gums over sex pay is pathetic, all women seem to assume all men finger their arse because they see a list of blokes being over paid even more than the women are.

They are all to highly paid.
The thought that Dan walker gets almost twice as much as a serving PM is obscene. I havnt seen a day he hasn't dropped a ball or gone of on a giggling tangent to what he should be doing.

As for naggy muchalotty, ffs....I wouldn't pay that woman to swill out publics bogs.

The whole thing is egregious. Let's end all contracts and bring in new blood as see how we go.
At least we will have the satisfaction that when they make the occasional mistake we are getting decent value.
Oh and make BBC subscription based.
Report dustybin July 22, 2017 11:03 AM BST
The whole notion that the BBC have to be competitive with the pay for 'talent' is nonsense.
They get funded whether people watch or whether they don't, because they use Whitehall to act as a protection raquet that uses threats and the law to force people to fund it without opinion.

These women who only seem to care that the vastly overpaid arnt women act as though the over payment has to be on a strict 50-50 ratio......but neglect the fact that by statistics the majority of funding to use scale is far in their favour as the things statistically men watch have been axed while the stuff statistically women watch gets subsidised.
Sport mostly gone, while magazine shows, dancing shows soaps and light entertainment is always paid for.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com