Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
olddesperado
14 Jul 15 16:51
| Topic/replies: 7,537 | Blogger: olddesperado's blog
A Norwegian man was given a 7 year suspended sentence for having sex with his sleeping girlfriend over here in Ireland.
From what I gather she wasn't aware of it until he said it to her afterwards.

He pleased guilty in court.

Rape groups and womens rights group are going mad over the leniency of the sentence.

I can't help feeling sorry for him tbh,

When I was younger I had plenty in the middle of the night when I was asleep/half asleep and im sure the mrs the same.

Opinions ?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 85
By:
olddesperado
When: 14 Jul 15 16:52
pleaded
By:
barstool
When: 14 Jul 15 16:54
Feel sorry for the guy. If he had a decent todger he would have woken her up.
By:
G1_Jockey_4
When: 14 Jul 15 17:22
she couldnt have liked him to have reported him....

defo rape though..
By:
i_agree_with_nick
When: 14 Jul 15 17:27
The law says it's rape and he pleaded guilty.

Based on sentences handed out for similar offences, he was lucky not to go to prison.

As G1 says, she reported him. Could be more to this than meets the eye.
By:
sofiakenny
When: 14 Jul 15 17:30
most ladies I have  shared a bed with fell asleep during sex.Sad
By:
G1_Jockey_4
When: 14 Jul 15 17:43
maybe he left the toilet seat up that morning....
By:
Make my hay
When: 14 Jul 15 18:32
Should have just spaffed on her chebs.
By:
boxingthefox
When: 14 Jul 15 18:35
sofiakenny, not just me then. LaughLaughLaugh
By:
Facts
When: 15 Jul 15 01:02
A man in his 20s who repeatedly raped his girlfriend while she slept has avoided jail time, after being given a seven year suspended sentence.

Magnuse Meyer Hustveit, a Norwegian national had pleaded guilty to sexual assault between October of 2011 and April of 2012 in a Dublin apartment.

'.........Magnus Meyer Hustveit had been having sex with the victim as she slept for almost a year before she woke to being assaulted one night in 2012.
The 25 year old Norwegian man later emailed the victim and admitted to sexually assaulting her regularly, telling her that he had used her body for his own  short term gratification and convinced himself that it was a victimless crime.
In a victim impact statment, the woman who waived her anonymity so that Mr Hustveit could be named, that memory loss, anxiety, anger and panic had become prevalent emotions and a bed was no longer a place of rest for her.
Judge Patrick McCarthy said that there was no precedent for this case, and he had to take in to acccount that prosecution wouldn’t have been possible without Mr Hustveit’s admission and that he was required to reduce the sentence of a foreign national.
He ordered Magnus Meyer Hustveit be placed on the sex offenders register and suspended the seven year sentence....'.
By:
ebulGery
When: 15 Jul 15 01:08
I don't think is possible....if someone had had sexual intercourse with her while she was asleep

I think she would notice either during or when she woke up

I do not believe this rubbish
By:
ebulGery
When: 15 Jul 15 01:10
Also if the women objected to sex with him

why on earth was she sleeping in the same bed with him, this is total rubbish
By:
Facts
When: 15 Jul 15 01:19
I agree It does seem very odd. But the law appears to be very clear on the matter. If a man has sexual intercourse with a woman ( girlfriend/partner /wife)' whilst they are asleep. It is rape. As no consent was given. Even if they have sex regularly, even if they had had sex earlier in the evening. If she's asleep, she is unable to give consent.therefore it's rape.
By:
ebulGery
When: 15 Jul 15 01:22
That is not an unfair definition, but I am not happy with this????????

I see too many men being downed by the lies of women.
By:
ebulGery
When: 15 Jul 15 01:23
She must have been a very heavy sleeper!
By:
PatraTheCat
When: 15 Jul 15 01:29
'.........Magnus Meyer Hustveit had been having sex with the victim as she slept for almost a year before she woke to being assaulted one night in 2012.
The 25 year old Norwegian man later emailed the victim and admitted to sexually assaulting her regularly, telling her that he had used her body for his own  short term gratification and convinced himself that it was a victimless crime.

Ebul - the guy admitted it. I know it's very hard to work out how it happened, but he admitted it.
By:
irishone
When: 15 Jul 15 08:08
Happened beween me and my missus once
She woke up in the morning and said "What happened to YOU in the middle of  the night ?"
I didn't realise what had happened , she obviously enjoyed it but all I remembered was dreaming about Kylie
By:
danniellasmincepies
When: 15 Jul 15 08:29
Anyone done the 'ring of Kerry'
By:
olddesperado
When: 15 Jul 15 08:54
Katona ?
By:
ebulGery
When: 15 Jul 15 09:20
Ebul - the guy admitted it. I know it's very hard to work out how it happened, but he admitted it.
then he was a very silly man

I find this woman's story almost impossible to believe
also the claimed effect on here...I do not believe that either, or she has always been like this

and as for using her body for short term gratification....well that is what sex is, it is the definition of sex
By:
Money Tree cost me thousands!!
When: 15 Jul 15 09:51
If he had not of admitted it then she would not even know.
By:
Aunty Post
When: 15 Jul 15 10:02
Totally ridiculous imo!

She must have been hammered not to wake up, and assuming that they had plenty, when she was awake, wouldn't that give
a kind of assumption that it was ok?

Does a man have to receive consent before any action?

What if a woman denied there was consent?

Should a man have to keep a log with signed acceptance before any nooky?
By:
Facts
When: 15 Jul 15 10:42
Are we seriously still asking this question?
Posted on December 29, 2010 by Jill

'.......Over at the New York Times, Katrin Benhold is asking “is it rape?” if you have sex with a woman while she’s sleeping. Really, though? This is confusing for people? Yes, if you penetrate someone while they’re asleep and they therefore could not possibly have consented to being penetrated, that is rape. I’m pretty sure that if I were having a sleep-over with a dude and he woke up to find that I had stuck a dildo in him, there wouldn’t be much question as to whether or not that was an assault — even if he had consented to having sex with me the night before.

As Lindsay says, unconscious people can’t consent to anything. Think of it like this: Your partner might have consented to your feeding him chocolate cake for dessert. It doesn’t mean you can shove it down his throat while he’s sleeping. In fact, if he woke up to you shoving chocolate cake down his throat while he was sleeping, he would probably be very upset, because that **** does not feel good when you aren’t ready for it, even if you usually really like chocolate cake. And I think we would all agree that someone who forcefully shoves cake down the throat of a sleeping person is beyond terrible and also a dangerous person, and that reporting such a person doesn’t “cheapen” any other accusations of attempted smothering or asphyxiation.

So, yes: Putting a penis (or a finger or whatever else) into an unconscious person is rape. Next up, the New York Times tackles the tough question of whether it’s really assault to punch someone in the face if they let you touch their cheek the day before.......'
By:
lfc1971
When: 15 Jul 15 11:11
^^^ if she is going to make her point then she should do so honestly and not make false comparisons, why did she not say if a man woke up and found his girlfriend having sex with him....getting tired of the dishonesty...not saying her conclusion is wrong but it can be discounted because of  the way she twists the story subtly.
By:
wallis
When: 15 Jul 15 11:36
You would think that if the court/judge truly believed that this woman somehow never noticed what was happening over the course of 6 months then he would have had a jail sentence.
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 15 Jul 15 13:30
Man admits raping a woman and the woman is a liar? Classic chitchat.
By:
ebulGery
When: 15 Jul 15 13:47
you are classic chit chat you believe everything people you told

I do not think it is possible for a woman to have sex with a man for a year and not notice

my objection is this is physically impossible

I think this women is a worthless liar

utter garbage of no benefit to society
By:
kenny mann
When: 15 Jul 15 13:51
I'm going to sleep. Pull my nightie back up when you've finished was  a very common expression back in the day.
By:
BARROWBOY
When: 15 Jul 15 13:55
how long you been wearing nighties,kenny?
By:
kenny mann
When: 15 Jul 15 14:02
I'll treat that with the contempt it deserves. Wink
By:
kenny mann
When: 15 Jul 15 14:05
Are you a fruit and veg man or a Barrow fan?
By:
jamesdean
When: 15 Jul 15 15:06
Ebulgery, I think you are utter garbage and worthless to society.
By:
Facts
When: 15 Jul 15 15:08
^ blimey !
By:
jamesdean
When: 15 Jul 15 15:13
No wonder Facts. What part of this does the imbecile not understand?

There will be no more from me on this thread. I don't even want to argue with vermin.
By:
ThommosBucket
When: 15 Jul 15 15:22
I don't agree with Ebulgery - "I think this women is a worthless liar

utter garbage of no benefit to society" - but do struggle to comprehend how you can have sex - repeatedly - with someone who claims to not realise it has ever taken place?

Errol Flynn would be turning in his grave!
By:
Facts
When: 15 Jul 15 16:18
Er ...because she was asleep. Seemingly, she didn't wake up,during the act. Therefore  how would she realise ?
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 15 Jul 15 16:35
Ebulgerry you are quite clearly very sick in the head. To call a victim of rape a liar and garbage when the rapist has sent an email to her confessing his guilt and thereafter pled guilty at court accepting his guilt beggars belief.
By:
Make my hay
When: 15 Jul 15 16:40
Maybe he was asleep as well and dreamt he was having sex with her when she was asleep, then woke up and thought it had really  happened.
This is why she did not realise it had ever taken place, because it hadn't. I'll be his lawyer.
By:
lfc1971
When: 15 Jul 15 16:43
ebulgerry is an interesting and intelligent poster, I doubt he will worry about the mock outrage to his views...he is merely pointing to some strange aspects of this case.
By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 15 Jul 15 17:00
Laugh
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo