Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
jlay72
26 Mar 13 17:54
| Topic/replies: 821 | Blogger: jlay72's blog
Anyone heard this - good album. Yes I'm a fan but wasnt a fan of their last two albums. This is a return to form.
Pause Switch to Standard View Delta Machine - Depeche Mode
Show More
Report johnnyrant March 26, 2013 4:56 PM GMT
Love the track 'Heaven'. If the rest is anything like that, will be delighted - not heard any of the other tracks yet.
Report Deltâ March 26, 2013 5:05 PM GMT
heard it!........... named after me
tar
Report jlay72 March 26, 2013 5:05 PM GMT
Listen to Broken and Secret to the End. Class. There are others aswell like Slow. Needs a couple of listens and then you're hooked.

It's the best album they've made since Violator for me.
Report Coachbuster March 26, 2013 6:16 PM GMT
and the odds on this going to number one in Germany ? Cool
Report anubis7 March 26, 2013 6:47 PM GMT
Not got it yet but will do soon. They are on the Jonathan Ross show on Saturday.
Report SlippyBlue March 26, 2013 7:50 PM GMT
I haven't got it yet either but it's on the list now though.
Violator was a mighty album, if it's anywhere near as good as that it will be excellent I'm sure.

I saw Depeche Mode live more times than pretty much all the rest put together. David Gahan ended up being a heroin addict but got out of it before it done him in. I'm not a Jonathon Ross fan but will record the show on Saturday.
Report 718 March 26, 2013 8:34 PM GMT
Controversially, perhaps, I could never take Depeche Mode as seriously as they now seem to take themselves after the ( very chipper ) pop songs "New Life" "Just Can't Get Enough", "See You" etc

Not really bothered to listen to anything by them since they became this Goth/Grunge/Rock behemoth
Report danniellasmincepies March 26, 2013 10:12 PM GMT
CONDEMNATION
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viMY590V6Jg
Report SlippyBlue March 26, 2013 10:51 PM GMT
Great stuff danniellsmincepies, I sort of have a love hate thing with Depeche Mode as I was going through a dark time in my life when I followed them around. Lost the woman I should have married, was a cocaine junkie, and all the rest that went with being a bit of a prat really. Regrets, I have a few...
Report Emden March 26, 2013 11:19 PM GMT
DM can be brilliant and shyte in equal measure.

Great live band with one of the best front man around.

Albums have always been a bit hit and miss, some great tracks mixed in with some utter dirge.
Report HRH The Lager Khan March 27, 2013 1:13 AM GMT
Superb band. Absolute bunch of pervs, bless e'm!  Not got the new album yet, but looking forward to it if the single is anything to go by. Brilliant songwriters too. Try and imagine the band Kings Of Leon wishes they were. Sex On Fire, my arse.

In your room
Where souls disappear
Only you exist here
Will you lead me to your armchair
Or leave me lying here
Your favourite innocence
Your favourite prize
Your favourite smile
Your favourite slave
I'm hanging on your words
living on your breath
feeling with your skin
Will I always be here
Report solway16 March 27, 2013 3:12 PM GMT
Been a fan since first album and agree with above-a definite return to greatness.
Vocal delivery and offbeat drums on Angel are simply stunning.
Soothe my Soul up there with Enjoy the Silence for me.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com