Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DIE LINKE
11 Jun 12 11:42
| Topic/replies: 8,546 | Blogger: DIE LINKE's blog
David Cameron and his wife, Samantha, left their eight-year-old daughter, Nancy, in a pub after having Sunday lunch, Downing Street has confirmed.

She is reported to have spent about 15 minutes at the Plough Inn at Cadsden in Buckinghamshire, before Mr Cameron returned to collect her.

Number 10 says the couple were "distraught" when they realised Nancy was not with them.

It said it happened "a couple of months ago".

The pub is near Mr Cameron's country residence at Chequers.

The Camerons were at the pub with Nancy and their other children Arthur, six, and 22-month-old Florence, as well as two other families.

After leaving, Mr Cameron went home in one car with his bodyguards and thought Nancy was with his wife and their other children in another car.

Mrs Cameron had assumed her eldest daughter was with her father. The mistake was discovered when they got home. When the prime minister returned to collect Nancy he found her helping staff.

A Downing Street spokesman said: "The prime minister and Samantha were distraught when they realised Nancy wasn't with them.

"Thankfully when they phoned the pub she was there safe and well. The prime minister went down straight away to get her."

Communities Secretary Eric Pickles - who is promoting a scheme to give English councils a financial incentive to deal with so-called "troubled families" - was asked on BBC Radio 5 live if he drew parallels between troubled families and parents who inadvertently left their children in a pub.

"We're definitely not talking about that - mainly for my job security," he replied.

Mr Pickles was also asked about the incident during a BBC News Channel interview, saying: "I'm very glad that Nancy was missing for only 15 minutes. It could happen to anybody, it must be any family's nightmare."
Pause Switch to Standard View The Camerons win the McCann award for...
Show More
Report TheBetterBettor June 11, 2012 11:46 AM BST
Didnt Maggie lose Mark Thatcher back in the 1980´s?
Report BillyBunnsLane June 11, 2012 11:47 AM BST
When the prime minister returned

Another U-turn...
Report twomatchpoints June 11, 2012 11:49 AM BST
Mr Pickles was also asked about the incident during a BBC News Channel interview, saying: "I'm very glad that Nancy was missing for only 15 minutes. It could happen to anybody, it must be any family's nightmare."

It wouldn't happen to me, or anybody I know.

Therefore it must be a typical tory error
Report Nocash June 11, 2012 11:51 AM BST
Lot's of parents have done a similar thing.
Report DIE LINKE June 11, 2012 12:00 PM BST
Only the feckless parents we keep hearing about.
Report Coachbuster June 11, 2012 12:04 PM BST
bodyguards couldn't have been up to much in the observation stakes if they didn't notice a missing child with either of them Shocked
Report Nocash June 11, 2012 12:09 PM BST
Coachbuster     11 Jun 12 12:04 
bodyguards couldn't have been up to much in the observation stakes if they didn't notice a missing child with either of them

Not like TV, where they're made to appear all seeing and all knowing.
Report Nocash June 11, 2012 12:10 PM BST
^ Suppose the same could be said of Cameron.
Report DIE LINKE June 11, 2012 12:20 PM BST
Minimum four bodyguards, two per car, and they are unable to look after a family of five?
Report Burton-Brewers June 11, 2012 1:08 PM BST
just glad it ended well
Report BonVivvy June 11, 2012 1:34 PM BST
I thought this was a Tory spin story put out to make Cameroon appear like an ordinary Joe (down the pub for a bit of lunch etc) "we all make mistakes" "i'm normal me" "we can laugh it off at pm question time"

It has the stench of conspiracy!!
Report pumphol. June 11, 2012 1:49 PM BST
To be fair I cannot remember where I have gone somewhere with the wife & kids in separate cars, though if I had I had then I would  shirley discuss who is taking whom back to wherever, gives the impression they live on somewhat a different planet to mere mortals Crazy
Report twomatchpoints June 11, 2012 1:54 PM BST
Even though this happened some weeks ago it was jolly nice of the BBC to spend part of our license fee sending a female reporter to stand outside the pub in the rain, and with a wave of her arm, tell us that this was where the girl was left
Report xmoneyx June 11, 2012 2:48 PM BST
theres a diff

mccanns chose to leave there kids
Report Crisp77 June 11, 2012 5:29 PM BST
If you're going to dump a nancy then best do it in public.
Report naydam June 11, 2012 10:38 PM BST
Twomatchponts. I've just watched the ITV news. They had a crew inside the pub as well. I would guess that it aso appeared on Channel 4 news and on Sky, as well.
Who do you think pays for THEIR little jaunts? YOU, or more correctly, US! The advertising costs that support commercial TV are paid for by the consumer when he/she buys the products.
Why is it that you can only vent your spleen against the only company that doesn't bombard you with adverts every ten minutes...and then charges you for the intrusion! Confused
Report TheBetterBettor June 12, 2012 10:36 AM BST
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/4367512/Brits-admit-accidentally-leaving-kid-behind-like-David-Cameron.html

The sun has already started the BLESS, HE´S JUST LIKE US SPIN

--------------------

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/4367512/Brits-admit-accidentally-leaving-kid-behind-like-David-Cameron.html

Brits admit leaving kid behind like Cameron
Camerons
Oops ... Camerons seen at Plough Inn, with youngest Florence
By EMILY ASHTON, Whitehall Correspondent
Published: Today at 00:53
PUB gaffe PM David Cameron yesterday won nationwide sympathy from parents who have also accidentally gone home without their kids.
comment on this story 36 comments
Related Stories

PM David Cameron and Nancy
    David Cameron left daughter down the pub

HORRIFIED PM dashed back and found little Nancy with staff

Follow The Sun on Twitter

Phone-ins were besieged after The Sun revealed daughter Nancy, eight, got left behind following a Sunday lunch.

The PM’s shock and that of wife Samantha as they arrived home in separate cars mirrored the ordeal of a mum who left her newborn at a Post Office.

She told BBC Radio 4: “I dashed back and found him.”

Another mum recalled parking her car with her two little girls inside at a shop — then absent-mindedly WALKING home.

Other forgetful parents include Clare Gerada, chair of the Royal College of GPs. She left her three-week baby under a restaurant table — blaming “exhaustion”.

pub near Chequers
Lunch ... the pub near Chequers
Tory MP Tracey Crouch — whose mum left her in a supermarket — joked on Twitter: “Think it was on purpose.”

The frantic Camerons phoned the pub at Cadsden, Bucks, from Chequers after realising Nancy was missing. She had been found safe. Mum of three Samantha drove the two miles back to the Plough Inn to fetch her.

The youngster had spent 15 minutes away from her parents.

The PM’s spokeswoman said: “These things happen.” But action group Fathers 4 Justice yesterday demanded a probe by welfare officials.

PM and Nancy
Silly old daddy ... PM and Nancy

e.ashton@the-sun.co.uk

I drove 10 miles before realising I

had left Macenzie in toy aisle

STACIE Hope drove ten miles before realising she’d left her five-year-old son Macenzie in a supermarket while Christmas shopping last year.

The mum of two, 22, from Co Durham, said: “I had a huge shopping list and was short on time so when Macenzie wandered off to the toy aisle I failed to notice. I put my shopping in the car and drove ten miles before it suddenly dawned on me I’d left my son behind.”

She found him still in the aisle blissfully unaware of the drama. Stacie added: “Knowing our Prime Minister left his daughter behind makes me realise many busy parents are guilty of doing the same.”

After street bash we left son

COMMUNITY volunteer Viki Carpenter and hubby Adam left their five-year-old son Jem in a church gardens for 15 minutes last month.

Both thought he was with the other one as they packed up a street party.

Viki, 40, of Helston, Cornwall, said: “It doesn’t make you a terrible parent.”

I brought rabbit home..not Angus

FORMER teacher Bernadette Johnston left her four-month-old son Angus at a vets after picking up a pet rabbit.

The mum-of-three, 54, drove home before realising her mistake in Ealing, West London, 13 years ago.

She said: “Angus’s dad thought it was hilarious, saying I’d swapped him for a rabbit.”
Report aceofspades June 12, 2012 3:38 PM BST
Cartoonist in the Telegraph has nice take on it :) .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/matt/?cartoon=9325821&cc=9304439
Report TELL DEL June 12, 2012 4:00 PM BST
^ that Telegraph cartoon is a good take on it. Whoops

Over the years we must have taken are kids out thousands of times
but never managed to come home without one of 'em !

A spokesman said: "It could happen to anyone....."
NO it couldn't  !!!! Agree with the topic heading:
The Camerons win the McCann award for parenting.
Report cooperman June 12, 2012 4:05 PM BST
Surprised me when all the women interviewed on TV admitted to doing the same thingShocked
Report twomatchpoints June 12, 2012 4:54 PM BST
They were all facking tory voters
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com