Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
irishone
19 Nov 21 23:02
| Topic/replies: 47,603 | Blogger: irishone's blog
Lads on here going on about Irish racing

Top British teainers ....Appleby, Gosden, Haggis all caught breaking the racing rules in the last three months , how many of the UK jumps trainers will be hung out to dry before Cheltenham ?

Just as many over the jumps between now and cheltenham I bet .
Pause Switch to Standard View How crooked is British racing ?
Show More
Report irishone November 19, 2021 11:25 PM GMT
Even Henderson got done recently for running a horse with Ringworm
Report duffy November 20, 2021 2:12 AM GMT
A good few too many Irish trainers denying they use him only to be confronted with video evidence of their horse boxes turning up for "treatment"

An absolute massive story, FBI involvement!!! British trainers hiring private investigators!!!! perhaps Jessie might not be staying at Nicky's for the festival anymore.Laugh
Report irishone November 20, 2021 8:16 AM GMT
"The day will come for us all to be judge and jury, and I will wait for that day to pass judgement. ". Ruby

Meanwhile those named above have all been found guilty in the last few months.
Report irishone November 23, 2021 9:59 PM GMT
Samples taken from horses at Monasterevin raid negative

The IHRB has issued a statement this afternoon in relation to samples taken from horses at the site of the Monasterevin Stud Farm which was raided by the Department of Agriculture Food and the Marine.

The statement reads:

The Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board can today confirm that the hair and blood samples

taken from horses at a premises near Monasterevin, County Kildare, on 9th November 2021

have been analysed at LGC laboratories and reported negative for prohibited at all times

substances. As this is part of an ongoing investigation working in conjunction with the

Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine and other agencies, we cannot make any

further comment at this time.
Report sageform December 1, 2021 9:24 AM GMT
I think that most of us will be happy that the IHRB (and the BHA) are checking things. If all is well then that is fine. Rules are useless unless potential rule breakers are deterred from cheating.
Report irishone December 1, 2021 2:55 PM GMT
Yes the deterrent is the most important thing.
Report irishone December 1, 2021 5:14 PM GMT
Never forget dicky johnson on native river ,got feck all punishment (relatively) for that
Report Hibore December 1, 2021 6:58 PM GMT
I think Ruby summed it up perfectly. Irish racing is run by Amateurs.

We all love the handicap races when after 100 yards there is 60 lengths between first and last. Absolutely crooked.
Report irishone December 2, 2021 8:55 AM GMT
A pity this case against Ted Walsh is no longer "news"

As it stands, only positive findings are published because traditionally, the negatives are not news. But they are now. Until the results appear, all we can do is speculate. The day will come for us all to be judge and jury, and I will wait for that day to pass judgement.

As it stands, only positive findings are published because traditionally, the negatives are not news. But they are now. Until the results appear, all we can do is speculate. The day will come for us all to be judge and jury, and I will wait for that day to pass judgement. "

So the whole affair was a load of trumped up bollox !
Report differentdrum December 2, 2021 10:23 AM GMT
I would always be more concerned with what is happening on track than off track. At least to some extent you can see that.

The big problem is deciding what is inept, and what is cheating. Sadly, there are inept rides on a regular basis. 99% of these are never flagged by the media. They will only ever highlight something a five-year-old could spot, and it's great news if it involves a jock nobody has ever heard of, or even better johnny foreigner. The policing of the sport is nothing short of pathetic. The Stewards are totally unfit for purpose. Even on the occasions that the Stewards do their jobs properly punishments are often over turned or reduced. It's total joke.
Report irishone December 2, 2021 1:30 PM GMT
Yeah spot on
I see Ruby has been stating how inept the BHA are recently.
Surprised there are no "bringing the game into disrepute" rules like there are in football.
Report nocturnal December 2, 2021 7:51 PM GMT
https://www.goldrushpublications.com/general-4
Report sageform December 5, 2021 12:05 PM GMT
Not sure how you distinguish amateur and professional. Many Stewards have spent their whole lives in racing and just because they don't get paid, I suspect that some of them know more about the sport than any wet behind the ears "professional" would. There are no University courses in horseracing regulation. Retired jockeys and trainers can contribute, but a long term racegoer is probably more objective.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com