Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
irishone
07 Nov 21 22:14
| Topic/replies: 47,603 | Blogger: irishone's blog
Ridiculed on here last year by poison nicky's love child for putting this fellah up as one for the future .....and was disappointed then to see him in the champion chase.

irishone 02 Apr 20 20:29 Joined: 22 Sep 06 | Topic/replies: 45,317 | Blogger: irishone's blog

Not a champion chase winner for me.The horse is a big brute. He got a rough ride at Cheltenham and hes a nervous wreck anyway.when he came down the hill he tried to duck outside the field twice , his head carriage was very high. At the second last he got squeezed from a faller and he was squeezed up on the bend. He is only seven, but he showed plenty of ability to jump. This is a german bred gold cup horse in the making , hdb will have him in the ryanair before the gold cup .He loves it soft, and loves a battle when he can see daylight......"

He got a bit of daylight at Navan and outbattled none other than the second coming ..Samcro .!

"Notebook put in an exhibition of jumping to win the Grade 2 Tote Fortria Chase at Navan on seasonal debut.

The race boiled down to a match between the 8/15 favourite and Samcro (9/4) from five out in this two-mile contest with a value of €35,000.

The pair drew clear racing to the next and the crowd were in for a treat as the pair were locked together jumping the third last in the straight.

Rachael Blackmore was the first to get animated on Notebook with Jack Kennedy still motionless on Samcro heading to the second last.

A lovely jump from Notebook saw him edge ahead of Samcro and he responded generously to draw clear at the final fence. He jumped that big and bold and sailed in by 10 lengths.

Henry de Bromhead said: “I'm delighted with that, he was really good and jumped great. He was brilliant.

“It was an ideal race for him, he loves jumping and is such a class jumper, that's his forte.

“I thought we were struggling between the third last and second last but he winged the second last and was away again.”

When asked if he could step up in trip he added:- “I think we have to try it. He's in the John Durkan so we could have a look at that.

“He won really well at Naas first time last year and then it was just Chacun Pour Soi that was the problem after that.

“He's a very good horse in his own right and I think everyone is keen to try him over further.”

So if he gets the john durkan , i think it will be too early for the Gold Cup at that stage, but who knows. At the moment i took  e w for the Ryanair at 40\1, small stakes . The horse is a supreme jumper and has a year on his side. Hope Henr y gets it right . The key words are "i think everyone is keen to try him over further", thats Eddie , still on a mission to find the next Don Cossack. !
Show More
Report Hibore November 8, 2021 8:38 AM GMT
Irishone
This is a german bred gold cup horse in the making , hdb will have him in the ryanair before the gold cup

Gold Cup…..what a joke. Pointed that out last year what a stupid post.
Well you better get onto Betfair and Oddschecker to add to the Gold Cup betting. I’ll put you 500/1 up.
Report irishone November 8, 2021 8:57 PM GMT
Think gigginstown know a littke more than you son
Report Hibore November 8, 2021 9:44 PM GMT
Notebook was last in the Ballymore, last in the Arkle and 7th of 9 in the Champion Chase and when upped to 21/2 at Aintree was…….last. LaughLaugh
Doubt you’ll see him at Cheltenham Festival again. He’s beaten 2 horses home in 3 races.

Not shouting out future festival winner in my book.
Report irishone November 9, 2021 8:24 AM GMT
Hibore ,

Why distort the truth ?

Desperation and  ignorance ?

Notebook was not officially last in either the Arkle or the Champion Chase. There were plenty pulled up as you well know.  The records show he was 12th of 16 and 6th of 11. Nothing but a pathetic attempt to twist the truth .  By  your reckoning if only two had finished ....the second would have finished last mate !

Notebook has won 6 of 8 chases, he has won just over 300e which co-incidentally is around the same as Champ . He has also , despite being very coltish, (even in his last race) been entered and competed alongside Champ as well as Galvin, Battleoverdoyen, Samcro, CPS and PTKO .  Clearly HDB appears to have a lot more respect , patience  and knowledge about the horse than you .

As for stupid posts , your classic

"The facts are that PTKO is a 153 horse away from Cheltenham and 160 horse on the old course.".      Really ?  how is a rating a Fact ?

You need to learn mate.... At least the BHA  are trying .....maybe chill out and start doing the same !

https://www.racingpost.com/news/never-again-bha-announces-changes-to-jumps-handicapping-after-festival-drubbing/507888
Report irishone November 9, 2021 8:25 AM GMT
*ballymore not the champion chase
Report Hibore November 9, 2021 11:12 AM GMT
Horse ratings are facts. You may not agree with them but they are facts. PTKO is rated 159 after his poor run at Sandown. If you think he should be 170 or even 200 that is your choice and I won’t argue with you. Agreeing and disagreeing with ratings underpins betting.

You said Champ form was worthless and Minella Indo and Allaho won the Ryanair and GC. I said PTKO form wasn’t good enough and he won Champion Chase. So we were both wrong.

It is also a fact that Notebook finished last (to complete) in all those races bar the Champion Chase.
Ballymore beaten 50 odd lengths
Arkle beaten 27 odd lengths
Champion Chase 9 lengths 7th place
Marsh Chase 35 odd lengths

So even if he had finished 2nd (and last) he didn’t really put up a performance that made ME think that will win the Ryanair next season and Gold Cup the year after.
Cheltenham doesn’t look like his track so I’d campaign him in Ireland where he can win some nice pots between 2-21/2 miles.

Best of luck with your bet and let’s agree to disagree.
Report penzance November 9, 2021 11:21 AM GMT
Notebook beat Samcro who is a shaddow of his former self.
3 times this has run @Cheltenham and he's been hammered
every time.Even @Aintree when upped in trip he was unsighted.
Looks like he just wins in Ireland and does'nt travel well.
Report irishone November 9, 2021 1:41 PM GMT
"You said champ form was worthless"

Did I ? When was that then ?

You talk total bollux hibore good luck with your ratings .....  LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Hibore November 9, 2021 2:24 PM GMT
Good luck with Notebook in the Ryanair and then Gold Cup.

CrazyCrazyCrazyLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com