Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
strontium
19 Mar 21 19:30
| Topic/replies: 3,517 | Blogger: strontium's blog
It's great to see him have such success. He's been a great trainer of 2 mile chasers for years, but now he's covering all bases. He seems a thoroughly nice and decent man. I hope he picks up a lot of new business in future that may formerly have gone elsewhere.
Show More
Report duffy March 19, 2021 8:12 PM GMT
Yes, in the recent past he only seemed to receive back-handed compliments when it came to his ability with chasers and not much else.

Seems a really nice gent too. I suppose EA would have been the only thing that went missing with regards Cheveley Park. He had contacted Envoi's stable lass at Elliott's too and brought her along to take care of him on the track which was a nice touch.
Report Andymca March 19, 2021 9:18 PM GMT
I dont think she wasnt allowed to go in the end
Report Fashion Fever March 20, 2021 8:26 PM GMT
anyone know what bob o linger will do next year, like to go down CH route
Report FOYLESWAR March 20, 2021 9:53 PM GMT
id say he will be over fences ,just my opiniontho.
Report jimnast March 20, 2021 10:13 PM GMT
whatever he does fashion he will do it well,like foyles my opinion is chasing.
Report Quevega06 March 20, 2021 11:37 PM GMT
I'd say they bought it to go chasing
Report jimnast March 21, 2021 2:32 PM GMT
he was on nick luck this morning whilst the horse was discussed he was never asked about the future.
Report differentdrum March 21, 2021 3:43 PM GMT
It is poor (but not surprising) that he wasn't asked about the future because that is what matters most to punters, but more than likely he would just have said something along the lines of 'I haven't sat down with the owners' which is the usual bull for not wanting to answer the question. A good trainer should always have targets in mind for the better horses, That's part of becoming good.

It would be a nice change if just occasionally trainers gave out some useful information without waiting to be asked.
Report strontium April 11, 2021 11:43 AM BST
Third in the British trainers championship with 8 winners/36 runners.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com