Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
differentdrum
17 Mar 21 19:03
| Topic/replies: 12,984 | Blogger: differentdrum's blog
Hopefully, the good fortune will continue for at least one more race:-

1.20 Envoi Allen & Chantry House (EW)
1.55 Mrs Milner (EW)
2.30 Melon
3.05 Lisnagar Oscar (EW)
3.40 Fils D'Oudairies (EW)
4.15 Glens Of Anrim (EW) & Magic Daze (free bet)
4.50 Storm Control & Milanford (both EW)

8 NR's - The Big Getaway (injured?), Column Of Fire (cashed out), Unexpected Depth (NRNB), Riders Onthe Storm (not good enough), One For The Team (cashed out majority), Chatham Street Lad (cashed out), Paint The Dream (NRNB), Shewearsitwell (injury)

So not as bad as it looks with really only 3 losers.

Virtually every big name has delivered so far so fingers firmly crossed for Envoi Allen. It gets a lot harder after that. I was hoping Mullins would have been on Melon and given his previous record it probably should have been an each-way bet. I wouldn't swap the rest and I like the jockey booking of Jacob for Milanford.
Show More
Report The Dragon March 17, 2021 7:10 PM GMT
fair shoutsthere diff and cant disagree - cant have melon though
Report Andymca March 17, 2021 11:16 PM GMT
Melon not having won at Cheltenham is a big negative for me, but after Vintage Clouds won, you never know
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 17, 2021 11:35 PM GMT
Melon has outstanding form at cheltenham, looks an ew bet of the meeting. Lost by a nod last year.

placed every time he has run at the festival.
Report duffy March 18, 2021 5:30 AM GMT
And I'll take samcro to nod him againWink, coming into this race as last year disappointingly but only two runs, going for 3rd festival win, better ground, all in his favour.

The other one for me is Fury Road, strong AB last year, they went a decent gallop throughout and he travelled well all the way, he'll be well suited to the stayers.

GL all
Report differentdrum March 18, 2021 9:11 AM GMT
Last year wasn't Melon in front both before and after the line? You can't get closer to winning than that.
Report penzance March 18, 2021 10:42 AM GMT
Melon might not have won here but always
seems to run his race,btn a Nse last year
in this and also only done a Nck in a Chpmn
Hdle.
Report penzance March 18, 2021 11:05 AM GMT
*@ this course,not race that should be.
Report Andymca March 18, 2021 11:46 AM GMT
True but that does not change the fact that he has never won here.
Report The Dragon March 18, 2021 12:01 PM GMT
im with andy but if a horse ever deserved a win its melon i think that it always manages to find one to beat it
Report impossible123 March 18, 2021 12:44 PM GMT
Melon could still win. Vintage Clouds did on his 5th attempt in the Ultima.
Report differentdrum March 18, 2021 5:24 PM GMT
9 winners from the first 16 races so pretty much only one way to go after that. It would be nice to at least get one more tomorrow and hit double figures.

Three fallers on the day wasn't great. Before today Envoi Allen hadn't hit a twig, but for me it was pretty stupid to change tactics and sit in behind. Real mixed bag from Kennedy, also on the deck on Abacadabras and a terrible round of jumping on Milan Native. Hit or miss, unfortunately I landed on the misses.

I doubt there was a better jumper in the field than Lisnagar Oscar so not sure what happened. The race had set up nicely for him.

Unfortunately, the starter got himself involved today. Melon wanted to sit in the first three, but ended up eighth and proceeded to get in deep to fence after fence. Either he has gone or perhaps he missed Mullins.

Fils D'Oudairies was left stone last after the restart and with the jock all over the place it was not in the least surprising he ended up falling.

Fortunately, I had five places on Storm Control. He gave it a good go, but was a spent force turning for home.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com