Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
differentdrum
16 Mar 21 22:40
| Topic/replies: 12,986 | Blogger: differentdrum's blog
As I didn't jinx the first day here's my remaining runners for the second day:-

1.20 Bear Ghylls & Keskonrisk (both EW)
1.55 Monkfish
2.30 Craigneiche & Guard Your Dreams (both EW)
3.05 Politologue & Rouge Vif (both EW)
3.40 Some Neck EW
4.15 Sky Pirate EW
4.50 Sir Gerhard & Shearer (free bet)

6 NR's - Crosshill (not good enough), Latest Exhibition (pulled), Brinkley (wrong race), Black Tears (wrong race), Le Richebourg (not good enough), Letsbeclearaboutit (pulled)

I wouldn't condemn myself too much for those. Brinkley will be a bit of a bummer if he wins the Pertemps because I actually got him added to the market.

More at stake tomorrow with some better prices, particularly in the first few races. I wouldn't be optimistic in the Champion Chase and Sky Pirate has been weak in the Grand Annual. Possibly left his race behind at Warwick. Shearer probably won't be clued up enough but I doubt anything will look as good and he is one for next year.
Show More
Report irishone March 17, 2021 6:17 AM GMT
Good luck different drum
Report irishone March 17, 2021 6:23 AM GMT
Put the kettle on, grangee, or jaune de somoza are the only three I will be interested in today. All each way
Report cobra sam March 17, 2021 6:58 AM GMT
thought u touted up wonderwall the other day...happy paddys day anyway
Report irishone March 17, 2021 7:25 AM GMT
Excited

Laugh

MAYBE
Report workrider March 17, 2021 9:55 AM GMT
A friend of mine is a share holder in Some Neck I was talking to him the day before it won at Cheltenham and told him it was a iffy jumper and I wouldn't be backing it Blush.. The pain was eased somewhat by knowing he had had a reasonable bet on it , I wish him well today .
Report differentdrum March 17, 2021 5:23 PM GMT
I went into this week probably 40% more behind than for any previous Festival so 7 winners in two days is well beyond expectations. Sadly, I know it can't carry on like this.

Monkfish was the first bet I had last year and I backed him a couple more times. It was a pretty horrible as he was way below his best, but he got the job done. On another day he might have gone at the last.

Sky Pirate was a great round of jumping and it was a canny ride from Blackmore on Sir Gerhard. The jock can make a huge difference at this level.

Elsewhere Bear Ghylls ran well enough to win an Albert Bartlett but unfortunately was in the Ballymore. Craigneiche was given a dreadful ride, but the winner won easily. Some Neck did well considering he took half the fences with him.

I'll put the Thursday up later because now I fearful of jinxing it if I don't.
Report irishone March 17, 2021 5:37 PM GMT
Ten out of ten well done pal
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com