Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Andymca
10 Mar 21 08:35
| Topic/replies: 375 | Blogger: Andymca's blog
£73.12 cash out. Decisions decisions

Accumulator (x1)
W
6. The Shunter
5/2
6th Mar KELSO 15:15 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 0f 51y - Win
15:15 06 March 2021
Best odds
W
Man Utd
6/1
Match Odds - Man City v Man Utd
16:29 07 March 2021
10. Bob Olinger
3/1
17th Mar CHELTENHAM Cheltenham 17th March - Ballymore Novices Hurdle - Non Runner Money Back
13:31 Wednesday 17
10. Paisley Park
10/3
18th Mar CHELTENHAM Cheltenham 18th March - Paddy Power Stayers Hurdle - Non Runner Money Back
15:31 Thursday 18
10. Al Boum Photo
5/2
19th Mar CHELTENHAM Cheltenham 19th March - Gold Cup - Non Runner Money Back
15:31 Friday 19
Stake
£5.00
Potential Returns
£7431.67
Pause Switch to Standard View Any exciting bets going ?
Show More
Report yeasty March 10, 2021 10:06 AM GMT
Nice bet.

Sums up what I love about betting and ante-post betting in particular. That bet cost you the price of a pint and I imagine you've had way more than £5 worth of enjoyment already, watching the first 2 legs cop and thinking about the potential returns and best strategy.

I've got decent bets at good prices on Concertista for the Mares' and Galvin for the NH Chase. My wife knows this and like most non-gambling folk thinks it's a binary thing - if I win I'll have got enjoyment and if I lose I will have wasted my money. She doesn't grasp the fact that both could fall at the first (please, no) and I'll already have had decent value enjoyment from my original stakes, watching them shorten and enjoying the validation of my opinion. She watched me cheer home Concertista in her trial win at Leopardstown at Christmas and was baffled when I told her I hadn't backed her in that race. Off I went to watch the prices turn blue on Oddschecker! :-) I imagine I'm the same as many folks on here at this time of year - first thing I do when I open my laptop is to check the prices of my picks. And frantically scour the Internet for news if one of them has drifted even slightly during the night...

As for your bet, as always it depends on how valuable the money is to you. Hopefully you can afford to lose the £5, in which case I'd let it ride until the cashout becomes a meaningful sum to you. If the first 2 horses win you're going to be offered something just shy of 2 grand I imagine, assuming ABP doesn't drift. Might be worth taking that and then having a large single on ABP. Or let the bet run and lay him on here. I'm sure you know this, but be aware that cashing out effectively doubles the profit margin the bookie makes on the bet. So from a pure value point of view it's usually a poor decision. Again, all depends on what the money means to you. If I had £10k riding on a last leg which was a genuine 10/1 chance I'd bite your hand off for an £80k cashout!

All the best with the bet - hopefully see you back on here on Friday morning asking the same question but with much higher numbers...
Report yeasty March 10, 2021 10:14 AM GMT
Awful example of mine with the hypothetical cash out above. I'd be offered nothing like £80k in that scenario! But you get what I mean. Take under the true odds if the sum is very meaningful enough to you.
Report FOYLESWAR March 10, 2021 10:23 AM GMT
most will tell you an acca is a mug bet and its true 99 out of a hundred will go down the pan , for most of us a "mug acca" is the only way we are gonna hit a life changing win so chucking a fiver , tenner or score on decent priced picks now and again  isnt gonna bust the bank , and remember you only have to hit one at the big prices and bingo  , have been close a few times at the festival one a real  life changer  with 3 good winners and the 4th leg let me down .
Report irishone March 10, 2021 2:46 PM GMT
Im up to my eyeballs on Put the kettle on
Cannot believe it was still 12\1 in a place or two this morning
Must be one of the best cheltenham each way bets ever
Report Nogoody March 10, 2021 6:26 PM GMT
Yes, they're all exciting at this stage, except for the multiples with Latest Exhibition in.
Report sixtwosix March 10, 2021 6:37 PM GMT
I have a few , will have to look them up.

The most recent is trebles on 9 horses.
Hollies 8 runners last week at Kempton.
So 5 winners in trebles with Honeysuckle to come.
I did 8 and 9 timers each way , too many selections to go to 6 runners.
Report sixtwosix March 10, 2021 7:05 PM GMT
.10p e/w doubles
so far
win Regarding Ruth 22/1 Tangental 100/1
place Iwilldoit 16/1 Santon 9/1 The Knot Is Tied 22/1 Linger 80/1
to come
Aspire Tower 14/1 Sharjah 14/1

.10p e/w Canadian
Lightning Gold 40/1 unp
Hot Gossip 18/1 pla
Tugboat 66/1 pla
So Satisfied 33/1 pla
Vindication 40/1 Gold Cup
Report Deptford March 10, 2021 7:19 PM GMT
Normally wait until next Sunday to do a few, 2016 copped a right few quid, Un Temp, Diego Charmil going on Ballyandy in Bumper, as im typing I glance up and look at the photo finish print ive got framed, had the same going on Dr Harper, nearly fell at the first and never had one iota of a chance!! Will look around Happy Go Lucky and Bob Ollinger, good luck with your bet.
Report Deptford March 10, 2021 7:30 PM GMT
And Bus in Boodles.
Report sixtwosix March 10, 2021 7:39 PM GMT
My best ever win was 50p e/w lucky 15 at the festival

33/1 some unprouncable french bred
7/1 Tiger Roll
28/1 Relegate

unplaced Brahma Bull 33/1
Report FOYLESWAR March 10, 2021 8:07 PM GMT
my one was ...ante post around 10 years ago ...arkle sizing europe 13/2 won ,rsa weapons amnesty 12/1 won ,champ chase big zeb 12/1 won ,gold cup cooldine 16/1 unplaced ,had the doubles trebles and singles but the £20 each way acca if it had copped was a retirement job .
Report yeasty March 10, 2021 9:45 PM GMT
Ooof - just worked out the return on that if Cooldine had won, Foyleswar! Did you lay any off? And point in the race where you thought 'he might have this'?
Report yeasty March 10, 2021 9:46 PM GMT
*any point in the race
Report FOYLESWAR March 10, 2021 10:23 PM GMT
no dint lay off yeasty  iirc cooldine was about 20s plus on here and i didnt have the funds for it to be viable ,funny thing was sizing won on the tuesday and on the wednesday big zeb and weapons amnest both won, it wasnt untill i went to bed and layimng there it hit me how much i stood to win ,i stopped counting at £300,000 didnt sleep at all that night ,started getting paranoid about getting paid out if it copped , one big concern was that my son was and still is a manager of billy hills with who i put the bet on and all thoughts were going through my head if they had  rules of friends and family being allowed to bet  and all sorts of situations go through your head ,had two days from the wednesday till friday of the gold cup thinking of nothing else but that race and a possible life changer ,popped into my local hills on the thursday and the manager who i was quite friendly with called me over and said "do you realise exactly  how much you stand to win " i dont want to know i said  , was afair bit of pressure  tbh  its on your mind every minuet of the day and all sorts of scenarios go through your head  anyway although he was prominent in 3rd for a fair way untill approaching the last when the front 2 pulled away mon mome picked up the pieces to finish 3rd behind imperial commander and denman .copped a fair whack off the smaller treble and doubles and singles but obviously you want the acca .
Report FOYLESWAR March 10, 2021 10:27 PM GMT
by the way very best of luck andymca with your bet , there was no cashout facility when i had my acca i often wonder what the cashout offer would have been if it was available .
Report penzance March 10, 2021 10:34 PM GMT
Foyles
on youtube,you might have seen it,there's
a bit on a fella who had Frankies R.Ascot
winners.He cashed out.
Report FOYLESWAR March 10, 2021 10:39 PM GMT
yeah pen i see that 44k or near on ...........i am going to be waking up in cold sweats !
Report Andymca March 10, 2021 10:44 PM GMT
I have never cashed out a bet, the way I look at it is, the bet only cost me £5. I would only even consider it if the first two came in, but I cant see anything beating ABP, so will most likely let it ride.

When I was much younger, I was waiting on a £1k football bet and had severe ants in my pants, watching the game on tv. A guy in the pub, offered to knock me out for £100Laugh
Report FOYLESWAR March 10, 2021 10:48 PM GMT
you know what inevitably happens if you cash out the last leg pishes up and if you dont cash out it gets chinned in a photo. b,stard  betting gods !
Report Andymca March 10, 2021 10:55 PM GMT
To be honest, Cheltenham is my week of the year and i spend  the price of a summer holiday at it. Win, lose or draw, Iam counting down down the days to the next one.
Report FOYLESWAR March 10, 2021 11:06 PM GMT
i remember years back a guy had a footy acca laid a few quid out  had the 1st 6   or 7  legs up at decent prices, premier league winners, championship winners, and others anyway the last leg was to win  the world cup brazil , they were in the final with france he stands to win £300k plus so he goes to his bank manager and says he wants to borrow 75k or whatever  iirc to put a bet on ,bank manager thinks he is taking the pish and laughs in his face ,he explains the situation that if he puts the 75 k on france he cannot lose and the bank will get the 75k back and a drink on top cant remember the exact details and it was in a newspaper so could be bullshit , but story was after a lot of checks by the bank phone calls etc  they came to a deal and  the money was  on france with several shops and  and france ended up winning 3.0 and both happy . as i say could just be newspaper bullshyte but who wouldnt like to be in a position like that !
Report FOYLESWAR March 10, 2021 11:08 PM GMT
same here andy god knows what i have laid out already .thankfully i had some decent wins on the flat last season and a lot of that was invested ante post and nrnb on the festival.
Report irishone March 11, 2021 10:42 AM GMT
Foyles good job it werent a draw after 90 minutes lol
Report duffy March 11, 2021 4:41 PM GMT
Imagine the bank manager sat at home on the night of the final when his Mrs asks Songs Of Praise darling ? followed by him telling her to get fooked as he's got 75 large on France, she's sat there looking shell shocked when he quickly turns to her, eyes bulging......Ronaldo's not playingExcited
Report FOYLESWAR March 11, 2021 4:54 PM GMT
irish , think they covered the result outright iirc , cant remember the exact details possibly be some info on it somewhere on the net.
Report sparkygayle March 11, 2021 4:56 PM GMT
It was a final irishone. One of them had to win.
Report FOYLESWAR March 11, 2021 4:59 PM GMT
90 mins and outright 2 separate bets sparky
Report FOYLESWAR March 11, 2021 5:01 PM GMT
sorry sparky get what  ya  saying now !
Report FOYLESWAR March 11, 2021 5:03 PM GMT
that final brazil were favs iirc france lamped em!
Report Andymca March 12, 2021 11:55 AM GMT
My bet has become very exciting, now that Thyme Hill is out of the Stayers
Report FOYLESWAR March 12, 2021 12:01 PM GMT
good luck andy if you were to get the other 3 up then al boum is a low enough price to lay off a chunk for a bit of insurance.
Report ZEALOT March 12, 2021 2:53 PM GMT
If I had £10k riding on a last leg which was a genuine 10/1 chance I'd bite your hand off for an £80k cashout!

Do you understand how cashout works ?
Report Hanx March 12, 2021 3:20 PM GMT
Franco De Port at 60/1 for The Arkle

Hoping he does run there (the one upside of Energumene being out for Mullins now) and not in the Marsh
Report Andymca March 12, 2021 5:45 PM GMT
Betting suggests the Arkle. the best of Irish luck to you
Report Andymca March 17, 2021 1:29 PM GMT
Irish eyes are smiling
Report impossible123 March 17, 2021 2:22 PM GMT
Long may it continue.
Report yeasty March 17, 2021 6:01 PM GMT
Nice one Andy! What's the cashout now?

I would say good luck for tomorrow but I've got a £100 free bet double (Galvin 5/1 & Sire Du Berlais 8/1) that I'll be cheering on...
Report Andymca March 17, 2021 10:11 PM GMT
Cashout is £463.43, I am doing quite well so far, so best of luck with Sire Du Berlais
Report Andymca March 18, 2021 3:17 PM GMT
Oh well, always next year. I am still doing well this year and have some good bets still going
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com