Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
cobra sam
24 Nov 20 08:46
| Topic/replies: 192 | Blogger: cobra sam's blog
any clues what race it goes in anyone ?markets seem to favour the ballymore nov hdle ..but thats a guess
Show More
Report FOYLESWAR November 25, 2020 6:52 AM GMT
ballymore looks the obvious one sam.
Report duffy November 25, 2020 1:44 PM GMT
Why when you look at the horse name you'd swear that a letter is missing from the start of the surname, I think it must be a psychological trick that your mind plays on you with a word that begins with the letter oGrin
Report buddeliea November 28, 2020 11:38 AM GMT
Nice price for Ballymore imo
Report harry callaghan November 28, 2020 8:41 PM GMT
You’ve got to like him moving forwards...personally I just want to see him go left handed now, he has got a huge amount of promise for the future...be interesting to see if the Albert Bartlett is considered but I haven’t a clue at this stage...his next run will tell us more
Report harry callaghan December 3, 2020 10:00 AM GMT
Just on Bob olinger and ferny hollow their next runs will tell us a lot...I still think that race between the two horses could either help or hinder depending on how you want to read it but I’d be holding fire with both till their next start, as think it was a pretty tough race on both horses first time out and it will be interesting to see how both back this effort up...if both do, they are both serious horses but myself I’d want to take less odds in regards Cheltenham to see them both back these efforts up...we will see but these efforts on their first start of the season could take plenty out of both, so will be interesting how they go next time...anyway we will see
Report harry callaghan December 16, 2020 2:54 PM GMT
Out Friday Bob olinger, looks like he’s found a nice penalty kick at navan to get him started
Report harry callaghan December 18, 2020 1:19 PM GMT
Nice run he won’t get it much easier than that. His next run will tell us more. I cannot say I’m overly bothered to jump in and back him but clearly a nice horse
Report harry callaghan December 18, 2020 11:53 PM GMT
The more I think about it I’m not sure he improved that much from his first run...clearly a nice creature but don’t get the money on him....nice chaser for the future but it nags me although they had holymacaphony today why didn’t they take a shot at the weak grade 2...Albert Bartlett still seems the likely way but clearly the betting saying Neptune...what he does at the Dublin racing festival will tell us what they are thinking, as don’t see them putting the gun to his-head at naas in the lawlors..not sure he’ll even end up at Cheltenham myself but he does that day at leopardstown will tell us more. We will see clearly a good horse
Report cobra sam January 13, 2021 2:36 PM GMT
hope its the ballymore ..money says so,,but never know with the irish ....25/1 happy with that
Report duffy January 13, 2021 3:17 PM GMT
Impressive performance, Blue Lord too was interesting because he was keen and travelled powerfully for a long way and was given a  very easy time when it was clear he was beat, whilst the  majority of attention is rightly  concentrated on the winner, Blue Lord might be interesting in a typical fast run Supreme, hope he's given a run in the Deloitte alongside Appreciate It.
Report duffy January 13, 2021 3:19 PM GMT
I've had a speculative bet at 30's on here for Blue Lord in the Supreme.
Report differentdrum January 19, 2021 10:55 AM GMT
Not sure that Grade 1 was the strongest race for the Grade. I have got the path completely wrong in that I backed him for the Supreme prior to his jumping debut and the Albert Bartlett after Navan. Of course he could go for any of them, but I suspect in reality the Ballymore has always been the target. The same comments apply to him as Bear Ghylls in that the Albert Bartlett would seem to be the much easier option. If they did meet in a Ballymore In terms of ability I don't think there is anything like the gulf between them that the betting suggests. If you take a line through Make Me A Believer then Bear Ghylls would have trotted up in the Warwick Graded race at the weekend. The difference is that Bob Olinger has been campaigned like a proper horse and you do have a real gulf between connections.
Report Saritamer January 19, 2021 12:52 PM GMT
Bear Ghylls looks to have a massive engine but surely needs to improve it's jumping before being considered for one of the Grade 1's at the festival, seems ridiculously talented though, even if borderline quirky.
Report cobra sam March 17, 2021 5:16 AM GMT
done the hard part,,on at the big prices,,,hope the curse of Segal runs out
Report irishone March 17, 2021 5:50 AM GMT
What did you.think of blue lords fall duffy ?
Ruby said it was a tired fall
He got the landing gear outbut still fell
Which tends to suggest something different
I think the last fence shadow was back at play
Took off too early and caught a back hoof
On top of the fence
Will we ever know ?
Report cobra sam March 17, 2021 6:08 AM GMT
well ruby should know...certainly seems cursed in recent years that fence....tho Honeysuckle was absolutely unbeatable
Report cobra sam March 17, 2021 1:31 PM GMT
sweet
Report Andymca March 17, 2021 1:32 PM GMT
Way too easy
Report Autocue March 17, 2021 1:32 PM GMT
Bob was a gift at 2/1. Mug money backing against him. Ferny Hollow is some horse. Hope he gets back on track.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com