Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Autocue
12 Apr 20 18:31
| Topic/replies: 1,160 | Blogger: Autocue's blog
On average, there are 4 weeks between becoming infected and death. It begs the question, how many have died and are still to die due to spreading of the virus at the 2020 Festival? The show must go on, but at what cost to the public?
Show More
Report Hibore April 12, 2020 8:42 PM BST
Probably a lot less than used our tubes or trains over the same period. And they are still running.
Report foxy April 12, 2020 9:46 PM BST
So stick that in your pipe and smoke it
Report Autocue April 13, 2020 8:52 AM BST
https://inews.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/cheltenham-festival-coronavirus-outbr...
Report foxy April 13, 2020 10:21 AM BST
Autocue

Plenty on this forum went to Cheltenham I don’t think we need to read on here that we might not have long to live ,on chit chat,politics and horse racing there’s loads of doom and gloom you will be able to really enjoy yourself on those.

Keep safe
Report Autocue April 13, 2020 9:42 PM BST
It's not about you. It's about how many died because of people spreading the virus after Cheltenham. You'll never know. That's convenient isn't it?
Report Autocue April 13, 2020 9:56 PM BST
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/13/experts-divided-comparison-uk-...
Report Hibore April 13, 2020 10:21 PM BST
I’m not sure what you are trying to achieve from this thread ? Cheltenham did happen and some people may have caught Covid19 but no one was forced to go. Pubs were open so we’re shops and theatres.

Unless you haven’t left your house since mid February you could have spread the disease as well.

The best behaviour we can do now is to stay indoors and protect the NHS over the next month or so.
Report Autocue April 14, 2020 7:22 AM BST
People leaving the cheltenham festival with the virus were acting like a cluster bomb, spreading it all around the country. It's the UK equivalent of the Atalanta Valencia game.
At least the jockey club banked its profits. Every cloud has a silver lining.
Report Autocue April 14, 2020 10:05 AM BST
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/apr/02/cheltenham-faces-criticism-aft...
Report Autocue April 14, 2020 10:12 AM BST
It's all about the money sonny.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-cheltenham-racegoers-claim-theyve-21713032
Report Hibore April 14, 2020 10:54 AM BST
Your right it was all about the money. Hopefully it will keep thousands of people who work in racing in a job and the local economy around Gloucester from going bust. Poverty can kill as well as the Virus.

It’s happened so best look for the good points rather than trying to be pessimistic.

If your post was in relation to McCoy then he’s posted this last night.

@AP_McCoy
·
22h
Don’t twist my words. I said “Lives have been lost” referring to Covid-19, not the Cheltenham Festival
Report Autocue April 20, 2020 8:05 PM BST
The bad publicity for Cheltenham keeps rolling on. They can justify horses dying because of it but not people.
Report Autocue April 20, 2020 8:09 PM BST
In 2001 they stopped the festival to save sheep. National Hunt used to be different to the flat. It had soul. Now it's all about the money sonny. What price human lives?
Report irishone April 21, 2020 8:07 AM BST
Laughing at this !
The process appears as.....get information.... Assess it.... Comment

Unfortunately the assessment of the information has by passed the terms quality and reliability.I

Just as with the horse selection process on this forum.

......and usually its with a 5000 word essay !
Report Hanx April 21, 2020 8:53 AM BST
In 2001 they stopped the festival to save sheep. National Hunt used to be different to the flat. It had soul. Now it's all about the money sonny. What price human lives?

I trust you have contacted the organisers of the Six Nations Rugby, Crufts, Liverpool FC, London Theatres, Cinema Operating Groups and large pub chains with your concerns?

They were operating in exactly similar circumstances and made exactly the same call.

I also hope you have factored in the effect on human lives of crashing the micro-economy of The Cotswolds - and if you have, perhaps you'd like to share your findings with HM Government, since they are hell-bent on wrecking the macro-ecnomy on the basis of some very questionable modelling from Imperial College.

Or maybe we can all take a chill-pill and deal with enquiries and finger-pointing when this is all over, when we have consistent, logical data and statistical methodology within and across nations, to see how we have done, comparatively speaking, with other nations, particularly referencing Sweden, who have adopted a radically different stance in dealing with Coronavirus.
Report Quevega06 April 26, 2020 7:56 PM BST
Autocue go on the football forum and complain to Liverpool letting 5k Madrid fans travel by plane and train into Britan and at the time Spain was so infected,the chance that Cheltenham had a slim chance of increasing the amount of people effected is a load of old ****...
Report sageform May 1, 2020 4:56 PM BST
In hindsight it might have been wise to cancel but mainly because of the bad image it has created. After 6 weeks there has been no spike in cases in Cheltenham or the surrounding area that I am aware of. Or Lambourn which might have expected a lot. Somerset and Dorset where several leading trainers are based has the lowest incidence in UK. If anyone has data on that then please post it.
Report foxy May 2, 2020 10:21 AM BST
Prepare for a long wait sageform for the data
Report irishone May 2, 2020 11:42 AM BST
i wouldn't bother waiting judging by the total bull**** coming from the UK government currently
Report impossible123 May 2, 2020 12:59 PM BST
Where is this beast running? Wuhan in China? All the best to backers.
Report angrybryan August 13, 2020 7:08 PM BST
I agree Autocue I went on the Wednesday,it was packed out.I cringe when think about it now.In the toilets literally queuing shoulder  to shoulder for 15 minutes.I am 75 and in retrospect what a fool I was.
Report duffy August 28, 2020 5:42 PM BST
People have been doing the exact same thing in pubs and on beaches for the past 6 weeks or so and that's with all the knowledge we now have about it...far worse than the festival IMO.
Report irishone September 2, 2020 4:34 AM BST
Yep, there was hand sanitizer at cheltenham to be fair but no one was using it. What if the potency of covid doesnt go away this winter? I'm convinced it wont. Galway from the armchair was  like having a bath with your socks on.
Report duffy September 2, 2020 3:30 PM BST
Could have been worse, at least it wasn't like having s e x with your socks onShocked
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com