Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FOYLESWAR
07 Apr 20 13:39
| Topic/replies: 22,311 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog
brief write up ,sire de berlais should be going for this  handicaps are out off t a mark of 159 now ,a dual pertemps winner last time off top weight  did it better than 2019 off 145 ,loves the course ,proven in big fields and trainer adept at having him ready for one race blinkers  seemed to  bring out a bit more from him 16s best price now but given his profile likely to just be prepping for the big one in march so expect some lack lustre looking runs in the winter months and could drift  and i will be topping up on this fella .
selection stayers hurdle ...sire de berlais 16/1 win bet ......opinions and input welcome ........glaktcyfa!
Pause Switch to Standard View stayers ....2021
Show More
Report Hibore May 19, 2020 8:32 AM BST
This is what Irish posted.
He got a rough ride at Cheltenham and hes a nervous wreck anyway.when he came down the hill he tried to duck outside the field twice , his head carriage was very high. At the second last he got squeezed from a faller and he was squeezed up on the bend. He is only seven, but he showed plenty of ability to jump. This is a german bred gold cup horse in the making , hdb will have him in the ryanair before the gold cup .He loves it soft, and loves a battle when he can see daylight.

Not for me at any price in either race as I think he barely lasts out 2 miles to start with.
Opinions are opinions !
Report GAZO May 19, 2020 9:22 AM BST
he is built like a stayer and suspect he will be better over longer than 2 miles but his form in two runs at the festival is pretty poor so wouldnt be keen on any race for him at cheltenham
Report irishone May 19, 2020 12:24 PM BST
It must have been difficult for you guys getting past the janet and john books at school.

Nowhere in the above did I tip Notebook to win the Gold Cup. So why lie ?

Furthermore Why conveniently miss out these posts on the very same thread ?

sageform • April 8, 2020 10:40 AM BST
Some horses don't react well to long distance travel. I had a small interest in Notebook at Chelts when he went to 9/4 but would not back him again outside of his local tracks in Ireland. Fakir D'oudairies is the only runner that I would see as a viable Champion chase horse in the future.

Reportirishone • April 8, 2020 10:55 AM BST
Agree 100%
Report Hibore May 19, 2020 3:42 PM BST
I don’t see where anyone says you tipped Notebook to win either Gold Cup or Ryanair. How can we “lie” reposting what your post ?

“This is a german bred gold cup horse in the making , hdb will have him in the ryanair before the gold cup”
Report Quevega06 July 28, 2020 12:34 AM BST
Any word why Percy is now with Elliott? Just a pity it wasn't done a year or two ago
Report irishone July 28, 2020 7:08 AM BST
Yep covid
Report Quevega06 July 28, 2020 1:41 PM BST
In regards to what?
Report irishone July 28, 2020 8:35 PM BST
Just got back on his feet again !
Report Paterson92 September 23, 2020 9:53 PM BST
Ah well there’s my first ante post down the drain ... Gordon Elliott has revealed last years Albert Bartlett 3rd, Fury Road will stay over hurdles this season and I can only assume will be campaigned towards the Stayers Hurdle. I thought he was nailed on for the RSA personally but that’s the joys of ante post I suppose!
Report FOYLESWAR October 5, 2020 3:28 PM BST
having already put up sire du beaulais no harm in having a few darts so far out and have been throwing the odd tenner and score  on reining champ lisnagar oscar each way at 16/1 as unclepuncle said no fluke and beccy has said this is the target again ,going to follow a similar path to last year and ticks so many boxes imo ,been their done it ,think most feel this years stayers win is devalued because of his massive starting price of 50/1 must be a fluke !  not me though and 16/1 could prove excellent value ,will continue chucking the odd tenner and score on each way .
selection lisnagar oscar 16/1 each way
Report Ibrahima Sonko October 9, 2020 3:45 PM BST
Hopefully Mcfabulous will bolt up at Newbury nto.
Report unclepuncle October 11, 2020 12:52 PM BST
Thyme Hill confirmed to be staying over hurdles.

Definitely an interesting contender but 14/1 best price is disappointing at this stage.
Report FOYLESWAR November 1, 2020 8:36 AM GMT
on the face of it lisnagar oscar was dissapointing yesterday beaten a good way by roskana , but it must be remembered it was a prep. the market  told its story and the target is in march.
Report unclepuncle November 1, 2020 2:15 PM GMT
He's a totally different animal around Cheltenham so I wouldn't worry about yesterday. He actually ran nicely to two out and then blew up as the market indicated.
Report FOYLESWAR November 1, 2020 3:42 PM GMT
yep and he has gone out to 25s with some books
Report harry callaghan November 8, 2020 1:11 PM GMT
Nice result for you foyles
Report harry callaghan November 8, 2020 1:11 PM GMT
Did it well
Report FOYLESWAR November 8, 2020 2:01 PM GMT
yes just seen it harry sp was big, didnt back him today but happy with that !
Report FOYLESWAR November 8, 2020 2:03 PM GMT
sorry the 1 point win should read 1 point each way ^^^^^^ have learned a lesson and back anything over 8/1 each way nowadays ^^^^^^^
Report Giddy November 14, 2020 12:05 AM GMT
Just want to put this one in before it runs at Cheltenham tomorrow. On the Blind Side. I know Hendo has always thought a lot of him and his chase career has been disastrous
Back over hurdles tomorrow over 3 miles, and if he stays,which I hope he will I cannot see what other target there could possibly be for him this season
Maybe a classy type who is under the radar because of poor chase form
Report FOYLESWAR November 15, 2020 1:57 PM GMT
good run from fury road over a trip too short ............player!
Report paulo47 November 15, 2020 5:58 PM GMT
Good post Giddy , I had backed him for the race and took the 160 odd price for the Stayers in buttons . But he will need to  relearn properly  how to jump hurdles cleanly if he is to have any chance , And yes the obvious target .
Report FOYLESWAR November 28, 2020 5:00 PM GMT
thyne hill did it well and now around 5/1 fav worth bearing in mind fury road fin in front of him in spuds race and can be backed at 14/1 b365.monkfish didnt do the form any harm over fences today .
Report buddeliea November 28, 2020 5:06 PM GMT
Yep, FR should not be around 3 times the price of TH.
AB form is strong.
Report FOYLESWAR November 28, 2020 5:21 PM GMT
yeah budd backed it at 25s and 20s a while back ,runs tommorow in the hattons grace trip a bit short but been some money for it.
Report buddeliea November 28, 2020 5:27 PM GMT
Nice mate, bit slow myself, backed him yesterday after TH ran so well, thought i was lucky that 14 was available to be honest.
Report Giddy December 16, 2020 10:06 PM GMT
The Long Walk should be informative Saturday. Sire Du Berlais entered and Thyme Hill. Roksana getting 7lb allowance from the rest and Thomas Derby being stepped up
Thistlecrack also in there along with plenty of other nice horses.  Interestingly this will be the first time Thyme Hill has gone right handed and I do think he will prove to be the
best of the Brits and the softer the ground the better for him. Paisley Park installed as 7/4 Fav
Report impossible123 December 19, 2020 2:56 PM GMT
I'd rest PP after today certainly no Cleeve Hill if the ground is very soft, and straight to Cheltenham with a racecourse spin prior. PP's proven he's the daddy of this.
Report buddeliea December 20, 2020 8:09 AM GMT
Well he werent the daddy last season,and it was close yesterday,after losing to TH earlier.
TH should improve with more experience.
PP on course for the Cleeve says trainer.

All in all its hard to call between the two,and their are others as well.
Looks a good renewal to look forward to.
Report impossible123 December 20, 2020 9:30 AM GMT
PP gave a start and a beating to TH in the last 100 yards; TH had position advantage throughout the race yet got chinned looking very likely the winner. And, I firmly believe the same result will prevail between the two come Cheltenham, all being equal.

PP skipped The Long Walk (prep/heavy ground) but ran in the Long Distance and Cleeve Hurdle prior to Cheltenham. Also, he's proven he's sound and overcome his heart predicament unless connections are after the prize money; Thyme Hill could in his absence perhaps.
Report buddeliea December 20, 2020 9:48 AM GMT
Well you may be right imp, same result may prevail..
Then again.....we shall see.
Few things will probably happen next 3 months.
Report impossible123 December 20, 2020 2:05 PM GMT
I'd give up the entire 2021 horse racing season for Covid to disappear for good. Then we can all enjoy our lives once again with impunity and safety.
Report impossible123 December 22, 2020 4:52 PM GMT
It looks like connections of Thyme Hill are considering to skip the Cleeve Hurdle and head straight to Cheltenham. The horse is not the most robust and may be suited arriving at the Festival fresh, according to his trainer; no round 3 against Paisley Park then.
Report buddeliea December 22, 2020 5:46 PM GMT
That would be round 3....at the festival, just have a few others to worry about as well.
Report impossible123 December 22, 2020 7:54 PM GMT
PP was odds-on last year. He's 7/2 against a horse he's beaten despite a troubled passage; Sire Du Berlais (SDB) is the main danger if he wins convincingly at Leopardstown. If SDB does not win, PP will be nearer 2/1. I believe, as he's proven.
Report FOYLESWAR December 22, 2020 9:08 PM GMT
would not suprise me if pp went straight to festival , that was a bit of a slog saturday
Report impossible123 December 22, 2020 9:15 PM GMT
The trainer of Thyme Hill has hinted his charge may skip Cleeve Hurdle as he's not as robust as some, and go to the Festival a fresh horse. Thus, Cleeve Hurdle is there for PP to reassert his supremacy.
Report Hibore December 22, 2020 10:11 PM GMT
I think this threads been hijacked by the Paisley Park appreciation fan club.
Report Movewiththetimes December 23, 2020 1:02 AM GMT
Think only Inglis Drever regained crown in last 50 years.
Report buddeliea December 23, 2020 7:04 AM GMT
Lets just hope the former champ, the current champ, and the pretenders all turn up in March.....great race to look forward to

And lets just hope that the virus dont ruin it all!!
Report Giddy December 25, 2020 7:56 PM GMT
I must say i was very disappointed Thyme Hill got beat. It did take him at least a mile to settle,and maybe going right handed unsettled him a tad.  Also I was surprised Johnson didn't  go for him until the last as his stamina never really came into play on ground that suited. Maybe clutching at weak excuses for the defeat as Paisley won well after trouble  I would expect different tactics with TH next time and can see him being prominent ensuring a steady strong pace.  I would hope that TH will have Paisley's measure going back left handed but still the Irish to worry about!
Report irishone December 25, 2020 9:53 PM GMT
I would profer that it was very heavy ground that beat him not the pace.

You can see from his gait in the last two furlongs he wasnt comfortable.
Report Giddy December 25, 2020 10:03 PM GMT
Fair point! Was he comfortable the whole race? Was very free early and jumped high at several hurdles. Maybe the reason why Johnson held on to him for so long
Report irishone December 26, 2020 10:36 PM GMT
The horse is dodgy. He was looking for a lead to.his right after second last then to his left after the last. Wont go away from the field. You wont see him winning six lengths, its in the locker but if johnson cant get it out of him no one can.
Report GAZO December 27, 2020 9:35 AM GMT
think thyme hill is going to need decent going,dont think carrying 11-10 around cheltenham in the mud will suit him
Report FOYLESWAR December 27, 2020 5:02 PM GMT
french dynamite.....16/1 btn 1/2 by sire du berlais ,its no secret that i am a sdb fan but 16s is value imo ,french dynamite btn 1/2 l rec 3 pound levels tommoz ,should progress and has won over 3m ,could be close between the 2 although you would expect sdb to come out on top on the terms again but its racing and anything can happen ,will have a pop each way french d 16s...........
Report FOYLESWAR December 27, 2020 5:57 PM GMT
french dynamite only had 5 runs total .
Report buddeliea December 28, 2020 7:24 AM GMT
Ronald Pump 33 for xmas/cheltenham double.
Ive had a nibble.
Good run lto, should be spot on today, and ran a big race in the stayers last season.
Report buddeliea December 28, 2020 7:35 AM GMT
Also hoping for a nice performance from Fury Road.
Good race today.
Report buddeliea December 28, 2020 1:13 PM GMT
Ronald Pump lame todaySad
Report iswearitsoath December 28, 2020 2:40 PM GMT
would agree that ronald pump is interesting for March, as I think he's still unexposed at three miles plus

like the trainer too, but he still appears to be under the radar to an extent
Report impossible123 December 28, 2020 3:28 PM GMT
Paisley Park can sleep easy in his box after today. The touted Irish big two were major disappointments, to say the least.
Report irishone December 28, 2020 5:26 PM GMT
PMSL LaughLaughLaugh
Report impossible123 December 28, 2020 8:36 PM GMT
Paisley Park, Mr Gemmell and Ms Lavell just turn up, and the race is yours. Nothing to fear from across the Irish water after today.
Report Bentring December 28, 2020 9:55 PM GMT
Report Bentring December 28, 2020 9:56 PM GMT
Bank job then keep the mask on
Report buddeliea December 29, 2020 7:54 AM GMT
So what was so bad that you dismiss the Irish challenge so readily?
Report FOYLESWAR December 29, 2020 8:25 AM GMT
the 1 st or  2nd fav didnt win so are obviously useless and he has backed paisley park and its fav so stands to reason it must win and anything other than the fav are wasting their time coming over . same with the gold cup he has backed the 1st 3 in the betting so only one of those can win ,we are not worthy and should give the game up pronto!
Report jimnast December 29, 2020 4:06 PM GMT
tears of cheltenham thread

tears if sishkin or envoi dont win
Report impossible123 December 29, 2020 6:55 PM GMT
Shishkin and Envoi Allen were 14/1 with 'billies' for a win double in any race at the Festival. Now 8/11 and 1/1 respectively. I just want them to show, win or lose.
Report irishone December 29, 2020 8:22 PM GMT
Foyles Laugh
Report jimnast December 29, 2020 9:00 PM GMT
14/1 to win any race the double very generous ,you can certainly spot the value like you did backing enable to win a breeders cup after winning that newcastle maiden.
Report FOYLESWAR January 5, 2021 3:12 PM GMT
fury road has drifted back out to 20s on the back of an indifferent run at a course that didnt seem to suit have gone in again each way ,  many of gordons not running that well either .
Report impossible123 January 5, 2021 3:45 PM GMT
Astute when he turns up. You can always 'lay' some off to get a free bet and possible profit.
Report duffy January 5, 2021 5:00 PM GMT
FOYLESWAR 05 Jan 21 16:12 
fury road has drifted back out to 20s on the back of an indifferent run at a course that didnt seem to suit have gone in again each way ,  many of gordons not running that well either .

I think the same with Abacadabras 16's is a mad price I think, he never went a yard the other day, way too bad to be true for me.
Report FOYLESWAR January 5, 2021 5:34 PM GMT
yes duffy he is an attractive price now each way imo.
Report FOYLESWAR January 8, 2021 10:05 AM GMT
just had a bit more on fury road each way at 20s ,the albert bart form looks strong and 20/1 value imo ,thyne hill 7/2 4th in bartlet fury road 2nd 20/1 go figga ? i know it dont always work out and thyne hill may have improved but fury road has hardly regressed , we know paisley parks level and he is obviously very good but using  thyne hills and paisleys last run  there is not much between the 3 at all .
Report buddeliea January 9, 2021 10:45 AM GMT
Ive topped up at 20 as well Foyles, 20/1 too big.
Report sageform January 11, 2021 11:40 AM GMT
Thyme Hill had absolutely no chance from the last in the AB as the race was run. Not one of Dickie's better days.
Report sageform January 23, 2021 1:30 PM GMT
Rokssana is yet another bid advert for the form of the 2 best 3 mile hurdlers around. She laughed at Magic of Life who is far from useless. Barring injuries or serious errors in running, I can't see past PP or Thyme Hill.
Report irishone January 29, 2021 1:57 PM GMT
Kellys one might figure after the Cleeve
Report buddeliea January 30, 2021 9:01 AM GMT
Itchy Feet looks an interesting one back over hurdles, think he should stay 3m ok.
33 available last time i checked.
Hopefully the Cleeve can be rearranged next week.
Report impossible123 January 30, 2021 10:24 AM GMT
Fences and back to hurdles? Would that not have dented his speed to an extent? Buveur D'Air was rerouted after showing an indifference to fencing. Also, that decision was encouraged by the dominance of Altior over 2m chases.
Report buddeliea January 30, 2021 12:55 PM GMT
Imp, I am putting up a 33 shot that may well shorten and could be interesting. Up to you if you think I’m nuts!!
Report sageform January 31, 2021 9:39 AM GMT
I am sure that potential outsiders will emerge but the history of the Stayers shows that only a very few horses have both the speed and the stamina to compete in this category. Big Bucks, Inglis Drever, Iris's Gift, Baracouda and Even Cole Harden dominated the grade in the year or years that they won. Paisley Park did that 2 years ago but for whatever reason ran poorly last year allowing a much slower horse in Lisnagar Oscar to take the prize. Every piece of form this season to date has shown Paisley Park to be one of the elite group with only Thyme Hill able to seriously challenge. Those 2 have seen off McFabulous and Roksana who in turn have laughed at any other GB contenders. With no competition to compare GB with Irish form that raises a doubt but I would be going 14/1 bar 2 if both turn up fit and well.
Report irishone January 31, 2021 9:49 AM GMT
Agree
Report Giddy February 5, 2021 10:15 PM GMT
I also thick Itchy is very interesting tomorrow. Like Bud I'm not saying he will win the stayers but a classy type IMO who has jumped appalling this term
What choice does the trainer/owner have in these circumstances?
Reverting back to hurdles and stepping up to 3 miles may be the making of him.
Report Bentring February 6, 2021 12:52 AM GMT
Well they could also call the vet?
Report Hibore February 14, 2021 8:16 PM GMT
Paisley drifting today. Thyme just about fav on here now.....

Anyone know anything ?
Report impossible123 February 14, 2021 8:47 PM GMT
No news. Nthing to worry about, I think. It's the customary market manipulation. I managed to get some Paisley Park at 5.2/5.1 and 5 just last week.
Report Cash Is King February 17, 2021 1:01 PM GMT
Not sure I follow Rebecca Curtis' logic with regard to the decision not to run Lisnagar Oscar with top weight on heavy going in a Pertemps qualifier at Exeter on 14th February citing she "didn't want to run him with top weight in that ground".

She is however happy to run him with top weight in bottomless ground in the Rendlesham at Haydock on 20th February.  Ok he'll be carrying a few lbs less but the Rendlesham is a Grade 2 and he'll be up against better horses than he would've faced at Exeter and will have 6 days less recovery time.
Report impossible123 February 17, 2021 3:13 PM GMT
Drastic time requires drastic measure - Cheltenham is around the corner. The higher grade and prize money are added bonus probably.
Report impossible123 February 19, 2021 6:54 PM GMT
I think market manipulation is at play on Thyme Hill. A few days ago it was Paisley Park; 6 and 5 respectively exude value for the top 2 in the market, I reckon.
Report sageform February 20, 2021 10:42 AM GMT
If I was pricing up the Stayers now it would be 9/4 Paisley Park, 5/2 Thyme Hill, 12/1 Roksana nrnb, 14/1 any individual Irish runner and 25/1 bar.
Report impossible123 February 20, 2021 4:23 PM GMT
Yep, PP is not with a high-profile trainer other 2/1 at best; 11/4 Thyme Hill, 12/1 bar.
Report FOYLESWAR February 21, 2021 8:11 AM GMT
cashed out a lot of my ante post  fury road bets  at 20/1 ,gordon has said he is in 2 minds to miss cheltenham and wait for one of the other festivals ,he will see how he goes today at navan and decide later . have backed him nrnb at a lower price 16s lads,
Report FOYLESWAR February 21, 2021 8:19 AM GMT
good run by lisnagar oscar giving the winner 6 pound he is firmly in the mix ,  in the pertemps last year sire du berlais beat yesterdays winner    third wind 8 lengths giving him 11 pound ,that looks very solid form.
Report Andymca February 22, 2021 1:51 PM GMT
Ronald Pump has suffered a setback which has ruled him out of the Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival.
Report FOYLESWAR March 12, 2021 10:29 AM GMT
fury road confirmrd for this! as said cashed out a lot of my bets on the news he may miss the stayers and went back in again last night at 20/1 nrnb each way ,finished ahead of thyne hill in spuds and a whisker behind monkfish  365 have cut it to 16s now .
Report impossible123 March 12, 2021 11:22 AM GMT
Thyme Hill a confirmed non-runner. He's a muscle issue.
Report impossible123 March 13, 2021 5:54 PM GMT
Paisley Park is still available at 2/1 - what a price? He's a 11/8 shot in my book esp without Thyme Hill.
Report Andymca March 15, 2021 8:42 AM GMT
Anything up with Sire Du Berlais ? Not a penny for it in the back column
Report impossible123 March 15, 2021 11:59 AM GMT
SDB was matched at 12 with another £3 at 14.5 - nothing after. I think someone is fishing otherwise 14.5 would have been gobbled up, if dodgy.
Report FOYLESWAR March 18, 2021 11:44 AM GMT
fair bit of dosh for fury road !
Report Anyska March 18, 2021 11:52 AM GMT
flooring porter at 14s is too big to ignore, beat 3 of the top 5 in the betting on his last run with loads in the tank, no cheltenham experience is a negative but cromwell is one of the best in the business
Report Andymca March 18, 2021 3:16 PM GMT
Good shout Anyska
Report Anyska March 18, 2021 3:30 PM GMT
thanks, never looked in doubt really , you cant beat the younger legs
Report FOYLESWAR March 18, 2021 4:04 PM GMT
well done anyska good call
Report strontium March 18, 2021 4:25 PM GMT
Well done. Remarkably prgressive horse. Was beaten earlier in the season in a handicap off a mark of 131 (by a horse that is running tomorrow...)
Report impossible123 March 18, 2021 4:56 PM GMT
Well done Anyska. A deserved winner.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com