Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
duffy
11 Mar 18 03:40
| Topic/replies: 24,897 | Blogger: duffy's blog
I'm sure this horse is well handicapped and remains unexposed with only 5 hurdle runs spaced over 2 years with probably only 3 of those where he was running properly on merit.

Back to the Fred Winter of 2016 and after tanking through the race at the back of the field Walsh makes smooth headway and is about to hit the front at the last and IMO run away from the field on the run in, where he falls, across the way Campeador who travelled into the race smoothly also but perhaps was just coming under pressure also hits the deck.

If we follow Campeador subsequently and view his current 152 mark and couple that with VDR's absence I'm pretty happy to assume that VDR if he'd have had a subsequent full season after he too now would have had similar success and also would be currently inhabiting the twilight zone along with Campeador, in fact I'm thinking he'd be a better horse than Campeador which makes his 142 that he'll race off next week quite appealing.

Both VDR and Campeador were well above average Fred Winter horses.

He ran again after at Sandown but the race was slow and he pulled hard, but even in defeat he showed promise, as after pulling his way through the race, he still found all the way up the straight and just failed to give 7/lbs to the winner.

That was it for 20 months, now I don't know if fences was on the cards, he's a Wylie horse so perhaps so but they know the hurdle mark is attractive, so they give him two runs over 3 miles which protects it, firstly they run him in a pertemps qualifier, whatever happens his mark is protected, if he happened to win or show the ability to get the trip whatever he went up would be negated by the fact that they'd now know they had a quality horse that had the pace of a decent 2 mile operator that would bring that to 3 miles.

As it turned out he didn't stay, but after all that time off he showed he still retained the potential he showed as a juvenile, he tanked through the race off of top weight in heavy ground until his stamina gave out just before they turned in.

They ran him again over 3 miles, in Total Recall's hurdle a few weeks back (he only had to try and give him 19lbs Grin) he again tanked along and on better ground he lasted longer, into the straight before again his stamina gave out, but his enthusiasm through the race was there.

He's had his two runs which hopefully may have got that buzz out of him and running back down in trip over anything between the 2 of the County to the 2.5 of the Coral off of an assured stronger pace and on probable better ground with a 142 mark I think he's a very interesting horse.

I initially thought he may run in the boys race because in the 2nd 3 miler a conditional rode him but I've seen some blue on oddschecker for the other two races just lately.

After a long absence they bring him back and persevere over hurdles, he's shown the same powerful run style, he has a collateral piece of form through another horses exploits that suggests he's very well handicapped, he likes Cheltenham and the shorter trip and stronger pace are all big plusses. He's thoroughly unexposed and gives the impression of a quality horse.

He's 20's for the Coral Cup (blue today), 33's for County and 33's in one place for the MP.
Pause Switch to Standard View Voix Du Reve - C Cup/County/MP
Show More
Report the bloob March 11, 2018 9:16 AM GMT
I've backed in Coral Cup, fingers crossed that's the one, I struggle to find Irish ones in the handicaps so really need this to run
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 11, 2018 9:18 AM GMT
According to Graham Wylie he goes for the Coral Cup
Report Boxman March 11, 2018 7:38 PM GMT
Im on at 33's for the Coral Cup with Hills so really hope he runs there
Report deepingfox March 11, 2018 8:33 PM GMT
Yes, I heard the Graham Wylie interview too. Coral Cup for this horse, and Meri Devie for the County, to keep his two horses apart.
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 14, 2018 2:43 PM GMT
Good spot Duffy, being smashed up. good luck.
Report duffy March 14, 2018 3:01 PM GMT
Worried they were running him in the wrong race, the way he pulls he should have been in the county hurdle, don't know why he had him on the outside either, lit him up even worseSad onward and upwardGrin
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com