Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
topfella
13 Feb 17 22:08
| Topic/replies: 4 | Blogger: topfella's blog
Bit over the top if you ask me. Just means that now 2 people in my party of 5 will have to Q at the bar meaning it will take longer for everyone else to be served! Why is it going to stop people drinking other than now making it a silly amount of time to get served - Glad I'm not going up gold cup day this year!
Show More
Report bankit February 13, 2017 11:03 PM GMT
I imagine this makes the bars busier, my crowd  take a shot each at getting a drink between races, usually 5/6 pints per time, I usually try get my round in early then your next drink you buy is back in Cheltenham. Don't really see what this will achieve apart from 2 going for 5 pints instead of 1....
Report Gordon63 February 14, 2017 3:16 PM GMT
perhaps the idea is to speed up at the tills - four drinks, that'll be 20 quid mate...
Report Jb23 February 14, 2017 4:13 PM GMT

Feb 14, 2017 -- 3:16PM, Gordon63 wrote:

perhaps the idea is to speed up at the tills - four drinks, that'll be 20 quid mate...

£20.40*. Cant forget that b*strd 10p on each pint  which adds 30 seconds to every transactions in giving change.

Pre poured £5 pints. No change, no wait. Double the custom. Its hardly rocket science what it needs. Works perfectly well at Rugby & Cricket

Report Kabuta February 14, 2017 4:38 PM GMT
Well said jb23
Report hicksterthetrickster February 15, 2017 10:45 PM GMT
Never heard anything so daft. What does it achieve. If there are five of us , two would go to bar to carry. Now we gave to pay in two instalments
Report rogerthebutler February 16, 2017 9:08 PM GMT
The pi$$heads will still get pi$$ed.

The endgame of racing goping after the pi$$head / stag / hen do demographic and marginalising the racing fan

Reap what you sow
Report SEATHESTARS....NO1 February 16, 2017 9:23 PM GMT
£5 a pint? Shocked

Jesus talk about rip off!!

Good job I don't drink when racing! Even if it is a free bar in the betfair vip lounge Mischief
Report rogerthebutler February 16, 2017 10:15 PM GMT

Feb 16, 2017 -- 9:23PM, SEATHESTARS....NO1 wrote:

£5 a pint? Jesus talk about rip off!!Good job I don't drink when racing! Even if it is a free bar in the betfair vip lounge

Without blowing sunshine up your fundament, there speaks the voice of the true racing fan!

Whilst personally I can take or leave a drink at the racecourse (or anywhere else for that matter) it's not the be-all and end-all of whether or not I have a good day out and that's the difference between the racing nut and the pi$$head going racing

Report SEATHESTARS....NO1 February 16, 2017 10:22 PM GMT
Exactly roger, exactly!! Hoping to be a guest again this year, last time my friend scored for these sorts of tix was 4 years ago so heres hoping my friend, here's hoping Crazy
Report The Dragon February 19, 2017 7:55 PM GMT
no drinking for me as driving down a\n back for the tuesdasy
Report SEATHESTARS....NO1 February 19, 2017 8:00 PM GMT
Update on last post, see whoever on the Friday in the betfair enclosure Excited and will have a couple drinks now as not driving as got digs booked in brum and train only £25 SillyWinkSillyTongue Out
Report carrot1960 February 22, 2017 12:39 AM GMT
4 pints at a time is plenty  enough for me
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com