Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Roger The Butler
11 Feb 16 18:02
| Topic/replies: 3,511 | Blogger: Roger The Butler's blog
If you think a horse has more chance at Cheltenham having had a run (which Mullins obviously does or he wouldn't have said its the Mares unless they can get a run in first to go for the harder World) and Patrick Mullins has said today she is 100% and Ruby is happy with her, why would he also say she probably won't take up her entry next week and go straight to Cheltenham?

Can understand if they said she was 80% and getting there, but if she's 100% I don't see the benefit of not running. Anyone?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 254
By:
OnOffer
When: 11 Feb 16 19:10
Perhaps she's difficult to get back to 100% level and with there just being a 4 week window to get her back to 100% they're playing it safe?

Not sure why they haven't had a run with her all season though, guess they used to do the same with Quevega
By:
OnOffer
When: 11 Feb 16 19:16
There's an article saying she might race at Punchestown though next week?
By:
Roger The Butler
When: 11 Feb 16 21:18
She's entered but Patrick Mullins said she's unlikely to take it up.
By:
Roger The Butler
When: 11 Feb 16 21:18
Even though she's spot on and they are happy with her.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 11 Feb 16 21:43
I suppose the only possible reason could be that they think she's become quite frail and doesn't take her racing that well? I know her earlier career suggests otherwise, but can't think of anything else that adds up!
By:
charwell.
When: 11 Feb 16 21:46
Love top see her have a crack at the world hurdle and give VVM a run in the mares.

Not likely to happen though.

CCM are you going the festival? We will be down for all 4 days. Maybe meet for a pint, but try not to talk about Liverpool Laugh
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 11 Feb 16 21:49
Yep down there all week mate. Ok sound.
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 11 Feb 16 21:52
Rich ricci did say in several interviews that she has two options, saying that at the moment it's the mares, but if they can get a run into her before hand then the world hdl! I've got a funny feeling given rr said that they might be pondering the idea vvm mares, ap world again? We'll soon know I suppose but also given an interview on atr earlier in January Patrick mullins says his dad changes his mind more often than the weather and can't even figure out whether it's marmalade or cereal for breakfast I'm inclined to think annie might just might go wh!!
By:
stevo1
When: 11 Feb 16 21:56
Will go mares cause wont be beating Thistlecrack in World Hurdle.
By:
charwell.
When: 11 Feb 16 21:59
Nice one, will pm you nearer the time.

STS; am thinking of having a little dabble on her now and on VVM for the mares....one of these days my hunch may pay off Laugh
By:
Roger The Butler
When: 11 Feb 16 22:14
SEATHESTARS....NO1   
11 Feb 16 21:52 
Rich ricci did say in several interviews that she has two options, saying that at the moment it's the mares, but if they can get a run into her before hand then the world hdl

This is my point. Is she 100%? Yes (so they say). Does she have an entry? Yes. So why not run if you have an entry and a horse that's ready for it?
By:
Roger The Butler
When: 11 Feb 16 22:18
Can't Catch Me   
11 Feb 16 21:43 
I suppose the only possible reason could be that they think she's become quite frail and doesn't take her racing that well? I know her earlier career suggests otherwise, but can't think of anything else that adds up!

Quite probably the case. So why even make the entry?
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 11 Feb 16 22:22
In case they thought she was further away than they hoped...and that might be the only way to get bring her on maybe?
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 11 Feb 16 22:29
Trainers of racehorses are a funny breed of human being though really, i mean, they make entries using owner's money (I know RR don't need it anyways but that's besides the point) and like MoT may or may not runConfused

I mean what the **** is all that about? To even make an entry for a race smells a we bit to me, why do it if absolutely no intention to run! A reason always surfaces eventually, just hope in the case of those that have backed MoT it's not that he's had a setback. I've backed him but for any race.
By:
impossible123
When: 11 Feb 16 22:53
Any price for AP not making Cheltenham?
By:
duffy
When: 11 Feb 16 23:41
I think they'll run her in the Mares, the reason being I think that they may feel that she didn't quite stay he trip well enough to beat MOT and this time around they have on the face of it an equally formidable opponent to beat that would expose any stamina weakness.

If they never let her take her chance in the WH last year where it looked a good bit weaker than this year why would they do it now where for many the banker of the week lies in wait?
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 11 Feb 16 23:46
Agreed. Plus they are desperate to get her into the winners enclosure in some form as RR said earlier in the year.
By:
Arklearkle
When: 11 Feb 16 23:53
I would take 100% to mean 100% healthy but doesnt necessarily mean 100% fit to race and/or do herself full justice. It looks like the mares to me.
By:
maelduin
When: 12 Feb 16 10:50
I would take 100% to mean 100% healthy but doesnt necessarily mean 100% fit

Exactly right. It's an Irish thing.

AP will go MH and VVM to the Ryanair. Of course no stated definitive plans till a week before just in case a certain horse meets with a setback in the WH. Let's hope not.
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 12 Feb 16 11:48
I see Vroum Vroum Mag holds an entry in the Ascot Chase next week.
By:
Roger The Butler
When: 12 Feb 16 21:30
Mullins has now said "Things are looking positive for her running on Wednesday" - Mares Hurdle backers holding their breath.
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 12 Feb 16 21:44
Just had a bet at 2.1 matched after laying her from all rates from 1.81 to 1.95 Shocked
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 13 Feb 16 21:33
Now 5/4 on the exchange and being matched to decent sums too, defo worrying if your a backer Shocked
By:
delsie777
When: 13 Feb 16 21:51
I would love to see it - buy the chances of Willie sending Annie in against Thistlecrack are surely slim. Even with a prep run - if it happens - she will get to retake the penalty she missed last year.
By:
DECALEC
When: 13 Feb 16 23:29
10p 20p 50p  £ was laid buy the big pro STS this won't run he knows ye knowExcitedLaugh
By:
buddeliea
When: 14 Feb 16 07:48
They said if she has a prep she will go WH,no prep the Mares.
So,runs Wednesday you have your answer.
We all will find out how genuine they are.....if any did not know!!
By:
blackballed1
When: 14 Feb 16 10:41
Yeah I'm thinking they will go back on there word even if she runs this week I still think they will go mares as they want a Cheltenham win with her and thistlecrack looks even tougher to beat now since they have said about the prep run! But you just never know with them as last week the son said she will go right to the festival and on that same day she gets an entry for this week!! So hard to believe what there coming out with right now. So I think it won't matter what happens this week she will still go mares but we shall see as my guess is as good as anyone else's lol
By:
Swardean
When: 14 Feb 16 10:59
It is nonsense for them to even say they need a run into her.

If it runs on Wednesday and hacks round at 1/8 and never comes off the bridle, how is that any different to giving her a racecourse gallop behind closed doors against better quality stablemates.
By:
trigger3
When: 14 Feb 16 11:17
Willie wants the grand slam.
By:
KIMBLE
When: 14 Feb 16 11:18
that was RR talking, mullins makes the decisions
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 14 Feb 16 11:28
That is not banter, this is getting a bit tedious, you got nothing better to do i.e work? FFS DiC-ALEC right enough!Angry
By:
wellchief
When: 14 Feb 16 11:28
If Annie Power couldn't beat MoT, then I really cannot see her beating Thistlecrack.

I see Thistlecrack as a stronger stayer than MoT (Annie's weakness), and he has had a perfect World Hurdle prep, improving with every run.  When Annie was beaten by MoT, she'd had three runs, against a quality opponent in Zarkandar, and an uninterupted campaign.

This year, she'd be up against a tougher opponent (imo of course), with only one run in an egg and spoon race 3.5 weeks before.

Imo they should go Annie in the Mares and VVM in the World Hurdle.  VVM's last two runs have been over hurdles, so it'd be bizarre to switch to fences at the end, and Annie and Voler La Vedette have shown Mares (with the allowance) can go mightly close in the World Hurdle.
By:
maelduin
When: 14 Feb 16 12:39
I think connections have all but ruled out the WH for VVM given the "Ryanair still possible" comment and also the comments after Ascot where they implied that she is just not good enough at that level over hurdles.

Could definitely see VVM competitive in what looks like a poor Ryanair (ex. RTR). She jumps and travels beautifully in her races and has stamina to boot. A strange campaign if they were to chose this option but nothing a decent schooling session around those Leopardstown fences wouldn't fix.

Would be great to see AP up against Thistlecrack but she'd have to be back to her very best. Still think connections chicken though, even with a prep, as the latter is a beast. imo.
By:
Graeme83
When: 14 Feb 16 17:00
'almost definitely' runs on Wed according to wpm. You have to wonder if they're considering WH.
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 14 Feb 16 17:07
of course they should be considering the World Hurdle and I like Thistlecrack a lot. She tanked all the way in the WH last time and outstayed everything except MOT. Increasingly the WH looks like there is this one hot pot to beat and you should never be afraid of one horse especially given there is a fair chance of beating it with a very special mare like Annie.
By:
Graeme83
When: 14 Feb 16 17:11
I agree with that eeternal, plus on better ground anything can happen. If eveyone ran away from a short priced fav the festival would be a lesser occasion. We will see what happens
By:
blackballed1
When: 14 Feb 16 17:16
Yeah exactly wellchief that's what I was thinking and they must be aswell not winning it against mot with a good season behind her and thistlecrack looking like a solid fav they must be thinking they would be up against it in the race! Usually willy runs them in the races they have the best chance in winning plus the mares is obviously now a grade 1 so don't see him changing his ways now but roll on 4 weeks to the action starts... But willy do the right thing and get her win in the bag and go the mares.... And don't bust about 6 of my bets going for the world lol
By:
RBoyd86
When: 14 Feb 16 17:36
Im preying she runs in WHurdle as this may lead to thistlecrack going of bigger than 2-1, which i will get as much as i possible can on.
By:
duffy
When: 14 Feb 16 17:40
They've seen that she is vulnerable stamina wise against a top 3 miler, they are now considering running her against another top 3 miler...eermm.
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com