Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
onehundredandeighty
21 Jan 14 17:22
| Topic/replies: 2,651 | Blogger: onehundredandeighty's blog
Grin

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 16  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 16 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 617
By:
rogerthebutler
When: 22 Jan 14 07:43
Probably best to wait til the handicap entries come out - and then plunge like Jacques Cousteau!
By:
tomdeane
When: 22 Jan 14 09:31
Said this last year and know how logistically tough it would be to execute, but I think it would be brilliant if we could do this so that a final selection is released at a given time, at which we all have our cash on with different bookies at once. Would be wonderful to see a forum-inspired panic created across the bookmaking fraternity as some unheralded 33-1 shot suddenly gets backed from right, left and centre...
By:
onehundredandeighty
When: 02 Feb 14 21:20
Come on people,whos got one lurking we can have a poke at
By:
nocturnal
When: 02 Feb 14 22:21
Same as RTB,need decs and the ground,one per day would be fun?
JLT tues
Coral Cup weds
Pertemps thurs
County fri

F**K it aim high gents!!!!
By:
Shiekh Me Hand
When: 03 Feb 14 04:16
Just waiting for the weights and then PLUUNGGEE ... Ted Veale anybody??
By:
cufcno1
When: 03 Feb 14 04:19
Recession proof
By:
buickisgod
When: 03 Feb 14 13:24
shuthefrontdoor 4 miler. not really under the radar exactly but could see him going off 5/1 if he goes there
By:
Fabulous
When: 03 Feb 14 13:32
Another couple from the JP/Jonjo combo for me too, Prompter, or Get Back In Line for one of the Handicap Hurdles.

Early days I know.
By:
illinois_riki
When: 03 Feb 14 15:08
Hold tough for a few more weeks I would say - I would also stay away from a JP horse as you just wont be able to beat them in terms of getting value
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 03 Feb 14 15:19
I like tomdeans idea of a forum  festival plunge but rather than the more  difficult  handicaps how about a 2 or 3 horse championship races e.way 3 horse multiple doubles and a treble or similar  , similar to barneys and on a given day nearer the festival  at a set time a mass forum plunge put in motion against  the big 4 ,selections could be found through debate stats  trends and the forums brains and form analysts should be able to come up with something ,  if a good number  of forumites took part investing say  as little as £20 or £30 the sheer weight  of liabilaties would add up nationwide and possibly have the bookies running for cover !
obviously some have differing views but a score each lost wouldn't break the bank but if 2 or 3 were to come in then it would be significant.
as we know the bookmakers read some of these threads but a well timed plan would give them little time to act and how satisfying if even the first selection did the buissness the alarm bells would start ringing natiowide . and even if the plan went pear shaped it would be good fun and a small loss . plenty of time to drum up interest lets see who is game .
By:
buickisgod
When: 03 Feb 14 15:37
illionois riki is right, definately wait for a few more weeks. the handicap markets look ridiculously tough atm
By:
GI MAC
When: 03 Feb 14 17:15
indeed, wait for handicaps I'd say.

On the topic of keeping it quiet tomdeane, it could be done fairly quietly on some obscure forum. Or if some nominated person got everyones email pm'd to them, they could send emails (bcc) to keep everyone informed.
By:
marychain1
When: 03 Feb 14 21:45
Count me in, I was heavily involved in last year's disaster. You can have the casting vote this year 180, seeing as its your fred. You should announce a time that the "plunge" horse will be announced, then liaise by pm only before the grand reveal on this fred at the time of your choosing.

The best time to release the tip would be 9.30pm on the Friday night before the festival, ensuring our plunge horse gets further ramped on the Saturday Morning Line, sending the price spiralling further - to furrowed brows everywhere.
By:
Shiekh Me Hand
When: 04 Feb 14 04:13
great idea.

I would like to be a part of the pluuuungggeee
By:
onehundredandeighty
When: 04 Feb 14 06:18
Like it Marychain Grin
By:
Larry Sellers
When: 04 Feb 14 06:59
Signing in. Grin  I believe I was part of this last year but can't remember hat the selection was.
By:
shockster
When: 04 Feb 14 08:05
Count me in for a bit of fun, but I like the idea from Foyleswar as well.Excited
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 04 Feb 14 09:06
I wil go in for the handicap pluuuuuuuunnge ,but have thought about the multiple for a while now and 2 or 3 horses for smallish stakes at even average prices around 3s to 5s  would be significant multiplied , and the trends boys jocci club ,and judo could supply valuable stats that will identify potential  races for selections  . a few of the championship races are strong on trends , as said before not a lot to lay out but with a potential high reward, there are some excellent  analyists  and posters who are well informed on here and with the combined knowledge and thoughts the potential is there to pull off a  spectacular nationwide plunge on the old enemy  a few days before the start of the festival ............. lets do this  ............ !
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 05 Feb 14 07:44
I will start  up a separate thread for a 3 horse multi championship races pluuuuuunge ! about 2 weeks from the festival.
By:
Fallen Angel
When: 05 Feb 14 12:51
Sounds like fun
By:
Fallen Angel
When: 05 Feb 14 12:51
Sounds like fun
By:
Fallen Angel
When: 05 Feb 14 12:52
Why let Barney Curly have all the enjoyment, can see the morning line saying the source of the plunge "the betfair forum" to amused expressions from the panel.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 05 Feb 14 17:18
that's right lads if we can muster enough interest and masses of forumites join in then it will cause a stir as marychain said, a simultaneous plunge by forumites on  3 selected horses  with realistic chances even for small stakes  nationwide at a selected time and day will have the bookies alarm bells ringing ,at the end of the day  it is a bit of fun  for smallish stakes ,but if the bet were to come off and make the racing papers and media news ,participants will have the kudos of " I was part of that gamble " on our own we are weak ,collectively we are strong ..........lets make an impact !  if it gathers momentum we can spread the word to other forums ..........lets roll !
By:
happyhibee
When: 05 Feb 14 17:31
I'm in Grin
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 05 Feb 14 17:35
welcolm aboard hibbie and spread the word !
By:
happyhibee
When: 05 Feb 14 17:40
I'll do my best Foyles
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 05 Feb 14 17:41
cheers hibs ,I will sound out some of the horse racing forum !
By:
Geos
When: 05 Feb 14 18:18
Sounds like a great idea ia
By:
Geos
By:
Geos
By:
Geos
When: 05 Feb 14 18:19
By:
Geos
When: 05 Feb 14 18:19
Sounds like a great idea I am in
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 05 Feb 14 18:22
welcome aboard  geos and if you would be kind enough to spread the word !
By:
ACStafford
When: 05 Feb 14 19:03
Count me in co the original plunge. It might be an idea to pick a race that has little know form. The bookies might take more notice when they take a few quid on a long shot then. Maybe the Bumper or the Fred Winter?
By:
tomdeane
When: 05 Feb 14 19:11
I'm in for either/both.

I like Foyles idea of the multi too, but think it would be great if we picked long-priced horses in this (could even just go with an EW double to give us some hope of landing). It really would put the sh**s up them if hundreds of people who were otherwise unconnected suddenly wanted 10 or 20 EW doubles on the same pair of 20-1 shots!
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 05 Feb 14 19:20
that's an idea to ponder tomdeane but the chances of landing 2 20/1 shots are not high where as 3 reasonabley priced selections there may be a fair  chance of a double or even 3 places would have bookies paying out and  3 winners would have them screaming blue murder 1 thing the old enemy hate is paying out,open to all ideas and thoughts !
By:
alleged22
When: 05 Feb 14 19:29
count me in lads Cool
By:
halcyon days
When: 05 Feb 14 19:29
As stated above, we need the fields and a decent forecast of probable going.... but then if it was highly organised>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>     PING  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 05 Feb 14 19:35
yeah nothing will be decided till  nearer the day possibly the Monday before the festival starts and nrnb  kicks in and we know excactly who is running and we would need a few more organinsers but its possible and would be some crack ! just need to see if enough are willing to give it a crack !
Page 1 of 16  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 16 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com