Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Denman The Destroyer
31 Dec 12 15:48
| Topic/replies: 479 | Blogger: Denman The Destroyer's blog
Ambion Wood finally makes an appearance at Exeter,looked a very promising horse last year and looking forward to seeing it jumping.
Pause Switch to Standard View Potential RSA winner runs tomorrow.
Show More
Report ReaseHeath December 31, 2012 3:50 PM GMT
me too - trainer was on the upward curve until the problem, deserves a change in luck.
Report Denman The Destroyer January 1, 2013 1:54 PM GMT
Obviously something amiss there.
Report CheltenhamRoar January 1, 2013 5:46 PM GMT
Wow that was woeful.Stopped as if shot
Report ReaseHeath January 1, 2013 5:49 PM GMT
stable might need time to find their feet after equine herpes problem...watching brief for time being.
Report roobuck January 1, 2013 6:05 PM GMT
Unfortunately couldn't back anything from the stable until they start showing some form.

I am sure the horses that are running are fine, but they must have had to stop for a period while they had the problem?
Report turnip turns January 1, 2013 7:42 PM GMT
Ambion Wood is absolutely fine after his run at Exeter today but he’s a very soft individual. He chested a fence and may have strained some muscles which didn’t help him at all. If he gets pus in his foot, you’d think he’d broken a leg, so I’m hopeful he’ll run again in about three weeks to a month. His first two runs last season were disappointing and he needs a couple of races to get fully wound up. Ideally, he needs a couple of racecourse gallops, but with the ground as bad as it has been, you just can’t ask to do this.

He’s run on heavy, wet ground, but not ground like today, so while I’m feeling disappointed at the moment I think there are valid excuses. It’s a tall order to get a horse fully wound up to perform well on ground like that.  I was pleased with his jumping and so was Jack (Doyle), and I’m confident he’ll make a decent chaser.
Report ReaseHeath January 1, 2013 7:59 PM GMT
thanks, turnip - if he's as soft as his trainer says, RSA won't be the race for him in any event!
Report turnip turns January 1, 2013 8:09 PM GMT
no worries and agreedCool
Report rogerthebutler January 1, 2013 9:21 PM GMT
...and if he turns up, sounds like he'll be better price on the day
Report CheltenhamRoar January 1, 2013 10:14 PM GMT
Ambion Wood is absolutely fine after his run at Exeter today but he’s a very soft individual. He chested a fence and may have strained some muscles which didn’t help him at all. If he gets pus in his foot, you’d think he’d broken a leg, so I’m hopeful he’ll run again in about three weeks to a month. His first two runs last season were disappointing and he needs a couple of races to get fully wound up. Ideally, he needs a couple of racecourse gallops, but with the ground as bad as it has been, you just can’t ask to do this.

Nothing like contradicting oneself,eh?Crazy
Report bluebirdfan January 2, 2013 9:16 PM GMT
Sounds like he won't turn up at Cheltenham then
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com