Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Anaglogs Daughter
07 Mar 12 11:46
| Topic/replies: 29,477 | Blogger: Anaglogs Daughter's blog
Irishracing.com

Wed 7th Mar 2012, 11:02

Tony Martin is still undecided whether his Grade One winner Benefficient will run in the Neptune or the Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle at next week's Cheltenham Festival.

The six-year-old was a 50-1 winner of the Deloitte Novice Hurdle, beating the likes of Sous Les Cieux, Cash And Go and Captain Conan, all previous Grade One winners themselves.

That race was over two and a quarter miles and while he will step up in trip next week, Martin has not made up his mind whether he will tackle two miles and five furlongs or three miles.

"He's been in great order since the Deloitte," said Martin.

"He'll run on either Wednesday or Friday, I haven't decided yet, we'll see what the races look like nearer to the time. It depends what's left in which race.

"It was yielding ground the last day so I'm not bothered about the ground so much. He's a good-actioned horse so he'll handle it quicker.

"They were the best novices in Ireland the last day and I don't think he got the credit he deserved. He went off at 50-1 because he'd pulled up the last day at Thurles, but the ground was nearly unraceable that day. Everyone forgot about him.

"I'm not sure who'll ride him just yet, but Bryan Cooper did a good job the last day and he's in the mix."
Pause Switch to Standard View Tony Martin still undecided on...
Show More
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com