Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobermory
05 Oct 21 14:51
| Topic/replies: 54,459 | Blogger: tobermory's blog
1.46 Fury
3.55 Wilder
27 draw

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 230
By:
tobermory
When: 05 Oct 21 15:01
MOV

Fury KO/TKO/DQ 2.16
Fury Points/Tech Decision 4.5
Wilder KO/TKO/DQ 4.2
Wilder Points/Tech Decision 27
Draw or Tech Draw 28
By:
Senyatta
When: 05 Oct 21 22:05
big bet on fury here for me - may wait til saturday as i expect money to come for wilder. can't see anything other than a fury win. small bet on fury points - cant see wilder's corner or even the ref wanting the hassle of stopping this fight so i think there may be some value here.
By:
Emitdeb
When: 06 Oct 21 18:40
Wilder must know what's coming this time so can more accurately form his own tactics, which has to be different. I can only imagine he has to come out banging early... This fight has to finish in a Knock Out...    2.08 v 4.3  I'll have a small piece of the 4.3
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 06 Oct 21 23:53
Fury seems frustrated he's not been able to get under Wilders skin this time

I think Wilder is gonna knock him out this time but hopefully not
By:
dr . atkins
When: 07 Oct 21 18:16
fight just won't go to points with me
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 08 Oct 21 23:03
Fury was quite funny at the weigh in but Wilder is calm and I like that from a betting perspective
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 08 Oct 21 23:06
Fury is to pumped in my opinion

He's hyperventilating at this weigh in Crazy
By:
sofaking
When: 09 Oct 21 02:27
Fury should win but I might have a small back of Beyonce Winder at those odds.
By:
sofaking
When: 09 Oct 21 02:28
Wilder*
By:
wolf3011
When: 09 Oct 21 12:03

Oct 5, 2021 -- 4:05PM, Senyatta wrote:

big bet on fury here for me - may wait til saturday as i expect money to come for wilder. can't see anything other than a fury win. small bet on fury points - cant see wilder's corner or even the ref wanting the hassle of stopping this fight so i think there may be some value here.

Wilder has already knocked Fury down twice , the second knockdown was 9.5 seconds where most thought it was over so how can't you see anything than a fury win? It's a 60/40 fight in Furys favour but at the current odds the value is on wilder

By:
wolf3011
When: 09 Oct 21 12:06
I hope Fury wins, wilder in interviews can come across as reasonably coherent until he starts screaming "bombsquad"- gives the impression of being a brain damaged bellend
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 09 Oct 21 14:00
Wilder knows this is his last chance, there's no coming back from another beating
By:
sofaking
When: 09 Oct 21 15:15
What will be Beyonce's choice of ring costume this time?  Lost any respect for him when he claimed he lost because his costume was too heavy.
By:
wolf3011
When: 09 Oct 21 15:45
What will be Beyonce's choice of ring costume this time?

Hopefully after the fight a wooden overcoat with a cross on the lid
By:
n88uk
When: 09 Oct 21 15:56
Wilder seems like a finished fighter to me, surrounding himself with yes men, and voices likely pumping him up.

What change in tactics can he really offer? He's not really done anything different in his career, plenty of fights he was outboxed in and his power bailed him out, he will be hoping for the same tonight like he was in the last 2 fights.

He can theoretically go looking for it even more than he already does, but that's a boom or bust strategy, as if you go in swinging and don't connect, you will gas hard.
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 09 Oct 21 16:18
He's come a lot heavier as well Wilder so its obvious what the tactics are, he's looking for a KO within 4 or 5 rounds and the extra weight is to try and stop Fury leaning on him early rounds, and get the space needed for a big one

I might work if Fury goes in complacent
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 09 Oct 21 16:19
He's not looking for this to go the distance Wilder, he's probably not even planning on it going past round 6, its either a him or me mentality
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 09 Oct 21 16:23
To be fair Wilder has never been a distance fighter anyway, can't fight on the back foot and Fury obviously saw that in the first fight and went on the front foot right from the bell in the 2nd fight

Wilder knows he can't outbox him so he's gone back to what he's good at which is smart
By:
wolf3011
When: 09 Oct 21 16:43
I wont be betting on this, my record is like David Hayes predictions- all wrong. I think Fury will win but 1.46 is ridiculously short, think he should be around 1.8 personally
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 09 Oct 21 16:47
I'd make him 1.8ish as well

True Geordie had Bellew on his channel (video put out today) and Bellew is quite switched on and talks well which shocked me, always thought he was a gobby c*nt but suppose that's the bravado to sell fights

He breaks this fight down well in my opinion Bellew
By:
n88uk
When: 09 Oct 21 17:52

Oct 9, 2021 -- 10:18AM, SontaranStratagem wrote:

He's come a lot heavier as well Wilder so its obvious what the tactics are, he's looking for a KO within 4 or 5 rounds and the extra weight is to try and stop Fury leaning on him early rounds, and get the space needed for a big one I might work if Fury goes in complacent

The problem is in the previous fight he didn't seem able to deal with Fury's pressure, Fury seemed to nullify Wilder by standing in range who tends to want big, wild swings for his power. You'd think they'd have some kind of plan for this, given it was totally unexpected last time, but I have no real faith that Wilder isn't just surrounded by yes men massaging his ego.

By:
n88uk
When: 09 Oct 21 17:56
You have to be careful what other fighters are saying, as often there's an agenda. Haye goes way back with Fury, probably doesn't like him, he's picked against him all 3 fights now, didn't really understand what he was saying about you can ignore the last fight, like you can just totally throw out the window that Fury won every minute of the previous round, as that's surely a big factor of anyone's thinking.

Not heard what Bellew has said, and he can talk some sense in a wider context, but he also has beef with Fury.

It's a bit like when shoe is in other foot, and Fury is the one throwing out predictions, I'm sure a lot of the time it's all just a mind game and he's looking to get in fighters heads, you can't actually put any real credence in what he's saying, as you don't know if he actually believes it or not.
By:
wolf3011
When: 09 Oct 21 17:58
I don't think Haye has made a single successful fight prediction in his career
By:
wisewords
When: 09 Oct 21 19:35
Wilder is going to try to windmill from the opening bell. his only chance is to catch Fury in the opening rounds. if he hasn't managed to knock him out by the end of the 3rd then Fury will win easily. the most logical outcome is Fury wins by stoppage again. this time with the ref waving it off rather than a towel being thrown in
By:
wisewords
When: 09 Oct 21 19:37
I'll go with Fury by stoppage, round 8
By:
tobermory
When: 09 Oct 21 19:43
Haye goes way back with Fury, probably doesn't like him, he's picked against him all 3 fights now

Teddy Atlas is tipping Wilder for the 3rd time too.
By:
wisewords
When: 09 Oct 21 20:22
Shannon Courtenay getting totally battered
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 09 Oct 21 20:35
Haye is a fooking idiot though. I mean no one has ever forgiven him for that mess again Wlad in my opinion, spent the entire build up telling us all how he's worked him out and then spent 12 rounds being a total prat and falling over twice to boot Crazy, then blamed it on the toe as some sort of comedic angle in my opinion, he had no intentions of going toe to toe with Wlad

So his opinions on going front footing and knocking out Fury is to be ignored
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 09 Oct 21 20:36
I felt a bit sorry for him after losing the 2nd fight to Bellew, but again he conned the public there as well, should have never been in the ring that night he was cooked
By:
Emitdeb
When: 09 Oct 21 21:08
On reflection.. value of 4.3 is Wilder, I just cant see Fury not disposing him.. I'm backing Fury inside the distance... over even money looks very fair. Happy
By:
wolf3011
When: 09 Oct 21 21:10
I have a sky box but no active subscription due to leaving them with their BLM obsession etc and BT broadband. Is there any way to watch the fight on tv paying the 25 quid?
By:
Emitdeb
When: 09 Oct 21 21:46
I've heard a firestick with a £5 sub to a IPTV provider gets you everything... bit late to sort that for you though wolf...Sad
By:
tobermory
When: 09 Oct 21 21:48
As I understand it, the only way to watch on TV is with a subscription to BT TV,Sky or Virgin.

There is an app you can get it on mobile devices or pc.
By:
wolf3011
When: 09 Oct 21 22:09
Seems so, such a load of hassle as I'm happy to pay the 25 quid. I just called BT sport and they said " order it via the sky box " but I don't have sky broadband so it isn't connected to the internet. I have BT broadband but not a BT tv so can't watch it on that- tbh Im not paying 25 quid to watch it on a mobile. I paid to watch the Tyson / roy jones fight a few months ago online and the picture was continually buffering so will probably go to bed and not bother. It's ridiculous in 2021 it isn't simpler than it is to watch a box office event but there it is
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 09 Oct 21 22:12
To be honest I'd rather pay the £25 than find a cr*ppy online stream, but I can't get it either

Is there any way of just ordering it on the laptop and then watching it on the laptop?
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 09 Oct 21 22:14
I've got £97.12 on Wilder so might as well plump up the other £25 and watch the fooker properly without it buffering and having to refresh the page
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 09 Oct 21 22:16
My brother has just gloated because he's got a firestick with everything the bas*ard Laugh

I might walk to his house about 2 to get there in time, climb through the window and then raid his fridge, can just imagine his wife's face if she came downstairs LaughCrazy
By:
wolf3011
When: 09 Oct 21 22:17
You can order it online via BT SS but even their paid for streams buffer
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 09 Oct 21 22:19
Ah I don't wanna risk paying £25 and then it buffering though

I might just listen to the radio whilst lay in bed I think
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show