Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Over2.5
27 May 14 18:53
| Topic/replies: 14,245 | Blogger: Over2.5's blog
Lets keep it all in the one place before numerous threads are started before the weekend.. whats the opinions here ? plenty off food for thought especially after seeing the gloves are off. The weigh in should be interesting, personally i think froch has groves number all ends up this time. seems in a much better place and has learned so much from last time. groves trying to upset him but it really isnt working this time. I think froch will stop him late again only in more clinical fashion this time around. views ?
Pause Switch to Standard View Froch vs groves 2 official thread
Show More
Report slip5 May 31, 2014 10:44 PM BST
pathetic they needed a stadium to host these pathetic ordinary fighters
Report Mike-lfc May 31, 2014 10:45 PM BST

May 31, 2014 -- 4:44PM, Charlton2005 wrote:

groves wants rematch

He probably can't remember who Carl Froch is.

Report Charlton2005 May 31, 2014 10:45 PM BST
like ali spinks

groves = spinks in case you werent sure...
Report slip5 May 31, 2014 10:46 PM BST
groves defense was pathetic how he left himself open for that punch
Report Mike-lfc May 31, 2014 10:46 PM BST
Think how easily Andre Ward beat Froch so easily.
Report scarecrow May 31, 2014 10:47 PM BST
froch is unreal for a 37 year old man,incredible fitness.
Report Mike-lfc May 31, 2014 10:47 PM BST

May 31, 2014 -- 4:46PM, slip5 wrote:

groves defense was pathetic how he left himself open for that punch

Did you back Groves by any chance?

Report scarecrow May 31, 2014 10:48 PM BST
i think he is an angler and he has just caught his first fish bud Grin
Report slip5 May 31, 2014 10:48 PM BST
no i had no bet be realistic what you see
Report songsforthedeaf May 31, 2014 10:48 PM BST
I backed groves.

But then, I dont know anything about boxing
Report Howdi May 31, 2014 10:49 PM BST
take it back well done frocj good sport
but don't tell me froch is as good as calzaghe
Report ReaseHeath May 31, 2014 10:49 PM BST
Froch got what he was deprived of by premature stoppage first time around.

Froch cheated by that, not Groves...
agree with froch fitness triathlete in the making :)
Report sj May 31, 2014 10:51 PM BST
WD Atkins
Report Howdi May 31, 2014 10:51 PM BST
COME BACK JOE Grin
Report Mike-lfc May 31, 2014 10:51 PM BST

May 31, 2014 -- 4:48PM, songsforthedeaf wrote:

I backed groves.But then, I dont know anything about boxing

i can tell

Report songsforthedeaf May 31, 2014 10:52 PM BST
Never claimed otherwise mike Mischief
Report Howdi May 31, 2014 10:52 PM BST
Where does this leave Carl in the all time list of british boxers?
Report Mike-lfc May 31, 2014 10:53 PM BST
im joking lol
Report slip5 May 31, 2014 10:53 PM BST
still low in the list
Report Howdi May 31, 2014 10:53 PM BST
behind joe and nigel and eubank imo
Report Mike-lfc May 31, 2014 10:53 PM BST
i mean because you backed Groves.
Report Howdi May 31, 2014 10:54 PM BST
andre ward must be some fighter
Report Beaniash May 31, 2014 10:54 PM BST

May 31, 2014 -- 4:52PM, Howdi wrote:

Where does this leave Carl in the all time list of british boxers?

STILL A NOBODY ... HE NEEDS TO FIGHT WARD

Report Jack Bauer '24' May 31, 2014 10:54 PM BST
Ward is in a different class.
Report slip5 May 31, 2014 10:54 PM BST
2 wins against grove dont mean much these days
Report Howdi May 31, 2014 10:55 PM BST
agree froch got owned by ward
Report Jack Bauer '24' May 31, 2014 10:55 PM BST
Bring on Golovkin next.
Report Mike-lfc May 31, 2014 10:56 PM BST
Ward is the Mayweather of Super Middleweight
Report Mike-lfc May 31, 2014 10:56 PM BST

May 31, 2014 -- 4:55PM, Jack Bauer '24' wrote:

Bring on Golovkin next.

Golovkin would spark him. And Kovalev.

Report ReaseHeath May 31, 2014 10:57 PM BST
yep, no shame in being second best to Ward...
Report Mike-lfc May 31, 2014 10:57 PM BST
Kov light heavyweight though
Report Jack Bauer '24' May 31, 2014 10:57 PM BST
I'd fancy Golovkin to knock him out.
Report Mike-lfc May 31, 2014 10:58 PM BST
he would i think
Report Howdi May 31, 2014 10:59 PM BST
if I was froch id **** off with my money and reputation brutal sport
Report Geesyerdosh May 31, 2014 11:06 PM BST
Groves was disappointing for me. Went in there gun shy looking to sustain stamina and backfired.

Nothing but respect for Froch. That's why he's admired the world around.
Report Charlton2005 May 31, 2014 11:17 PM BST
just as in all sports when the 10/1 shot gives the 1/10 shot a scare, the next time they ALWAYS get F@CKED

and nowhere is this more true than boxing
Report Charlton2005 May 31, 2014 11:18 PM BST
very good post by the OP, hope you made a bundle
Report Money On7 May 31, 2014 11:26 PM BST
next fight has to be groves de gale rematch imo
Report paddletoe May 31, 2014 11:37 PM BST
Well done Froch backers. I bet Groves. Thought he would have too much speed for an ageing champion who might have been to the well one too many times.

Good comment on this thread about the controversial knock out in the last fight being good for Groves. Thought it was a poor decision at the time but after watching the fight again the next day it was clear Groves was tiring badly from the 6th round and would not have lasted the distance.

Despite all the hostility in the build up to this fight Groves and Froch seem two top sports men with a lot of time for their fans and appreciative of all the people who have helped them in their careers.
Report paddletoe May 31, 2014 11:40 PM BST
Hopefully George will now treat Froch with the respect such a champion deserves.
Report Sharapour May 31, 2014 11:43 PM BST
Agree with paddletoe.....If not....not an ounce of respect for George.
Report spyker May 31, 2014 11:48 PM BST
Anybody got the stats please as for some reason sky didn't seem to show the punch stats or scorecards? BTW those that say sky was biased towards Froch need to watch the fight again tomorrow and listen a bit better!
Report paddletoe May 31, 2014 11:59 PM BST
You cant knock Groves for having such confidence and a lot of the things boxers say in the build up to fights should be taken in context of hyping up a match. I actually think Groves comes across as a really nice guy but he definitely should congratulate Froch and be genuine about. Froch give him two fights and beat him twice. He should call him a great champion and hopefully one day Groves will be world champion himself.
It was a really nice interview by Froch after the fight. He is some fighter. Very hard not to like him and be in awe of him being such a fighter at 36 years of age.
Report Sharapour June 1, 2014 12:54 AM BST
Hope that Groves will admit such.....He was on the Paul O'Grady show recently.....With an air and grace,and audience laughter, denigrating Carl.....O'grady himself took part.....A
Report dukeofpuke June 1, 2014 1:54 AM BST
Froch got the money and the life

Ward will end up shoeshining iykwim
Report alabaster crashes down June 1, 2014 10:24 AM BST
well that was a satisfying evening LaughGrinLaugh

Tremendous performance from Carl, plenty of close rounds sure but the action was always on Froch's terms. I had it 4-2-1 for Froch but can understand the disparity in scorecards. Was only ever going to be one winner though. Don't think I've ever been so pleased for a fighter. Not going to gloat too much at those who seemed to think George only had to turn up to win but feel those who are trying to spin the "it's boxing, he just got caught with a big shot" line are in for a few shocks in the future. Groves will never beat a true world class opponent imo, just not durable enough...if Sauerland feed him to Kessler it will be over even sooner.

As for Froch, the Chavez Jr fight is the one I've wanted to see for a while now, great style match up and a winnable fight under the bright lights. I'm a rabid Froch fan but feel it's a much tougher fight than a lot of people seem to think. Certainly not a foregone conclusion.

Degale impressed me for probably the first time last night but again I just don't think he's durable enough to roll with Froch.

What a ****g night Cool
Report Over2.5 June 1, 2014 10:36 AM BST
Sometimes this game is just too easy Cool froch layers should be seriously considering never betting on boxing ever again
Report GRANTCKING June 1, 2014 11:38 AM BST

Jun 1, 2014 -- 4:36AM, Over2.5 wrote:

Sometimes this game is just too easy  froch layers should be seriously considering never betting on boxing ever again

lmao I love quotes like this, show us a screenshot of ur stake on froch, im expecting atleast 5 figures with this...

Report Fela Kuti June 1, 2014 11:49 AM BST

May 31, 2014 -- 7:54PM, dukeofpuke wrote:

Froch got the money and the life Ward will end up shoeshining iykwim

I take it you know Ward then?

Report liam1982 June 1, 2014 12:45 PM BST
good fight but i thought the ref stopped it a bit early

groves should ask for a rematch
Report alabaster crashes down June 1, 2014 1:20 PM BST
good fight but i thought the ref stopped it a bit early

groves should ask for a rematch

Laugh
Report Akak June 1, 2014 1:28 PM BST
Never gave Groves the chance to get up.  Refs a tit.
Report alabaster crashes down June 1, 2014 1:32 PM BST
are you insane? Paying £17 doesn't give you the right to witness a murder.

Groves was gone, badly gone. The ref's count appeared to wake him up...very brave to even try and get up but absolutely no way he could continue...as clearly evidenced by that fact he had to receive medical attention for several minutes. Have you heard a single person from the Groves camp claim it was an early stoppage?

Utterly mental.
Report liam1982 June 1, 2014 1:57 PM BST
I was kidding mate
Report GRANTCKING June 1, 2014 2:31 PM BST
lmao liam u hooked them in big time Laugh
Report liam1982 June 1, 2014 2:33 PM BST
Cool
Report alabaster crashes down June 1, 2014 2:58 PM BST
well yeah I thought you might be hence the smilie but when that akak guy posted too I thought some were serious Laugh

just watched it again, ****g awesome
Report mactheknife June 1, 2014 3:10 PM BST
Felt George was a bit powderpuff early doors.
Plenty of bluster beforehand but the man could`nt live up to it.
He`s had two bites at the cherry now so his chance has gone for the time being.
Frochs legacy was flattered once again.
It`s amazing how far tenacity & endurance can be mistaken for ability at this level.
Report Kriskin June 1, 2014 3:14 PM BST
In time we'll find that George Groves will be a good British & European fighter.  He'll never be on the world stage
Report alabaster crashes down June 1, 2014 3:18 PM BST
what a suprise mactheknife once again struggling to give froch any credit LaughLaughLaugh

Lock yourself away watching Andre Ward boreathons while the rest of us enjoy a truly great british fighter Cool
Report mactheknife June 1, 2014 3:20 PM BST
Kriskin, Groves has the ability to perform at world level.
He was coming on in the fight before he was caught with an unbelievable shot from the champ.
I never saw it coming never mind Groves.
Report mactheknife June 1, 2014 3:22 PM BST
Alabaster, I take my hat off to the man, even though I feel he got lucky.
He delivered the goods when my man did`nt.
Report Akak June 1, 2014 3:30 PM BST
WIND-UP.   Some make it so easy. LoveLoveLove
Report mactheknife June 1, 2014 3:33 PM BST
Aye,so easy after the event.
Report sj June 1, 2014 3:34 PM BST
Well done ACD I knew you was always keen on Froch barely touched the fight myself, good to see the official scorecards had Froch up one on two and Groves up one on another normal scoring unlike the farce that was SKY last night
Report mactheknife June 1, 2014 3:49 PM BST
Exactly, you have a habit of getting things right acd.
Report jon b June 1, 2014 4:50 PM BST
Andre ward being hyped up but the guy wont fight anywhere other than his back yard , great fighters will go anywhere , he does look good when everythings in his favour ,like to see him fight out California
Report jon b June 1, 2014 4:51 PM BST
outside    20 wins from 27 on the west coast
Report Thin and Crispy June 1, 2014 7:12 PM BST
Just the result I hoped for but daren't predict.  I feel the key to this result wasn't Froch because he hasn't had to do anything I didn't think he was capeable of, rather I think that Groves has been hyped up into something he isn't.
Report alabaster crashes down June 1, 2014 8:09 PM BST
the arrogance of the groves camp in preparation was startling really...it was like they genuinely expected Froch to come out and walk straight onto right hands again and didn't for a moment think that Mcracken or Froch would make any adjustments.

There seemed to be literally no plan B and for me Groves's success in the 8th was largely due to Froch sensing george was getting ragged and the time was right to take more risk.

Have to say I think Groves took the defeat very well, I'm trying to forgive and forget all the smack him and fitzpatrick have talked in the build up...they really did take it too far for my liking but George can still be in some entertaining fights and it'll be interesting watching him rebuild.
Report mightymoyes June 1, 2014 8:10 PM BST
what was skys scorecard?
Report alabaster crashes down June 1, 2014 8:13 PM BST
Jim Watt had it 6-1 froch but to be fair to him he did stress that most rounds were close and it was what you prefer. I think he was mindful of the criticism he got for being biased towards groves in the first fight and went too far the other way.
Report alabaster crashes down June 1, 2014 8:17 PM BST
sorry I think Jim had it in 5-2 in the end didnt he?
Report sj June 1, 2014 8:33 PM BST
5-2 was raving about Froch's jab which was pretty non existant
Report Eeternaloptimist June 1, 2014 8:48 PM BST
Froch is a big super middle. Groves isn't. In the first fight he threw everything into those early rounds and by six was gassed. He fought a more cagey fight last night to aid his durability but in the end he doesn't seem to have the 12 round strength at this level fightig at pace. I wonder if it is too late for him to drop to middle?
Report alabaster crashes down June 1, 2014 8:59 PM BST
Groves couldn't safely make middle in a month of sundays, would be catastrophic.

Of all the ridiculous **** Paddy Fitzpatrick spouted in the run up to this fight his comments on Froch being at a disadvantage for naturally staying around his fighting weight were about the most cringeworthy..
Report ReaseHeath June 1, 2014 9:06 PM BST
yep,clearly helps Froch's longevity that he walks around about 6lbs over his fight weight when out of training camp - I also suspect the fact that he claims to enjoy the training is a plus too.

Those things will probably stand him in good stead in later life also, very impressed with both Froch and McCracken all weekend, out of the ring as well as in.
Report Eeternaloptimist June 1, 2014 10:00 PM BST
B-Hop did somthing very similar throughout his career and it certainly didn't hinder his longevity.
Report knot in wood June 2, 2014 7:54 AM BST
great bit of "hyping" these fights up by eddie hearn and sky sports imo.

fair play to froch at least he's fought at world level,but who as groves tackled to claim this bout(james degale).
groves is european level at best to my eyes,(not aftertiming said it before the fight),at least he's made a nice few £s.
Report jon b June 2, 2014 9:17 AM BST
Groves is obv better than Euro level ,not many fighters have given Froch such anxious moments , Froch is a warrior without doubt ,thats why no-one has stopped him , that was a magic punch from a very strong hard hitting seasoned pro that would k/o the best , Groves has time to rebuild and Froch should go to Vegas for his finale and it wouldn,t be against  Ward as the guy won,t leave the west coast.
Degale  wont be happy but that IBF belt will become vacant
Report teedoubleu June 2, 2014 12:00 PM BST
So much rubbish talked about this fight its unreal.Ward beat Froch in Atlantic city and unless Vegas has moved its certainly alot closer to the west coast than Atlantic city.
Report paddletoe June 2, 2014 2:11 PM BST
Groves weakness in stamina cost him the first fight and those question marks over his ability to last 12 rounds at this level are still there after the rematch. If he could have fought with the same intensity in the second meeting that he did in the first he surely would have. Only he knows how much he had left going into the second part of the first fight. Personally think he was on empty at the end of the 6th despite having not taken that much from Froch.
Report Rhino-2k8 June 3, 2014 4:30 PM BST

Jun 2, 2014 -- 1:54AM, knot in wood wrote:

great bit of "hyping" these fights up by eddie hearn and sky sports imo.fair play to froch at least he's fought at world level,but who as groves tackled to claim this bout(james degale).groves is european level at best to my eyes,(not aftertiming said it before the fight),at least he's made a nice few £s.

I'll have a wager with you he becomes World Champion.

Report jon b June 3, 2014 8:48 PM BST
that was the super6 final  , he doesn,t get to choose the venue for that fight does he ?? almost every other recent fight is in California incl some of the other super 6 fights ,most of them 7 outside fights were earlier in his career ,

teedoubleu
teedoubleu 02 Jun 14 12:00 Joined: 18 Mar 08 | Topic/replies: 40 | Blogger: teedoubleu's blog
So much rubbish talked about this fight its unreal.Ward beat Froch in Atlantic city and unless Vegas has moved its certainly alot closer to the west coast than Atlantic city.
Report teedoubleu June 4, 2014 1:11 PM BST
Ward beat Froch easily with a broken hand in Atlantic city so if was him i would bricking myself to fight him in vegas, you are so right jon b, what a idiot i am.
Report Duketurtle June 4, 2014 9:28 PM BST
Keep hearing Froch say 'I beat Ward on my best night'. Good lord.
Report alabaster crashes down June 4, 2014 11:56 PM BST
what are you saying then duke? That Andre Ward is unbeatable? Skilled boxer he may be but he's just a man at the end of the day...one who's been inactive, injury plagued and protected by home comforts at that. Is it really so unreasonable for the clear number 2 at the weight to say he could beat him on his best night? I've stuck up for Ward on here before but the myth of his invincibility is getting out of hand imo..yes he's looked very good but he's had everything in his favour throughout his career...who's to say without favourable refs and forced out of his comfort zone he'd still have looked so stellar?

Of course he'd be a clear favourite against Froch but that doesn't mean it's mission impossible.
Report Duketurtle June 5, 2014 1:00 AM BST
Don't recall calling him unbeatable anywhere there, but what, from what you've seen from Froch over his career, makes you think that he'd be the man to do the job? He's already took on Ward, a Ward carrying a broken hand, and was completely outclassed.

Ward's been inactive yeah, in that same timeframe Froch's taken heavy punishment in the Kessler fight and been put on his kex and seriously hurt by a fighter who'd never mixed in legitimate world level beforehand. Refs and comfort zone? He's fought all over the world to great success as an amateur, seems the sort to take anything in his stride, supremely confident individual. 

During the super 6 I slightly favoured Dirrell to beat Ward in the fight that never happened, so no, I don't think putting a 1 in his loss column is unachievable. But Froch, with that cumbersome style, flat footwork and horrendously gaping defence? Not for me or the majority of fight fans who leave the Union Jack tinted glasses in the case, I'd imagine. In terms of style making fights, that result is virtually mission impossible.

Hope it happens though, at Wembley. Sky and the likes of yourself, carrying this clouded opinion of Carl's capabilities, will make Andre a potential bank job.
Report Jack Bauer '24' June 5, 2014 2:13 AM BST
I would love Froch to fight Ward at Wembley. Ward would be maximum banker material. Not going to happen though as Froch knows Ward is too good for him.
Report alabaster crashes down June 5, 2014 8:31 AM BST
lol, clouded opinion Grin

The only thing my opinion has been clouded by is seeing Froch overcome stylistic disadvantages and win fights he "can't win" before. In the first fight with Ward I think I gave him 1 or 2 rounds at best, he was befuddled by Ward's inside game and couldn't find a way to win rounds but it was no ass kicking and Ward knew he had been in a fight at the end of it. Is it impossible for him to make some adjustments? There was no way he would be able to cope with the the speed of Bute, the movement of Dirrell or the accuracy of Groves too remember?

His amateur career has no real bearing on the point about being kept in his comfort zone...his professional style requires leniency from refs due to the excessive holding and butting it's a simple fact. Then there's the Victor Conte angle.

The fight seems pretty unlikely to ever happen imo, very hard to make when the No 1 fighter is not the financial draw but even it it does I doubt you'd be getting much of a price...don't think anybody, even Froch, is saying he'd easily beat Andre Ward. What would you prefer Froch to say "I'd never beat Ward"?
Report Over2.5 June 5, 2014 11:22 AM BST
andre ward is a idiot..hes basically another version of fraud mayweather, protects his 0 at all costs and takes no risks at all. everything has to be stacked in his favour EVERYTHING. The sooner these two clowns retire from the sport with their "legacy" lol we can move onto a better boxing world.
Report Duketurtle June 5, 2014 3:37 PM BST
Can't really believe any sort of case is being made for Froch when it comes to Ward by anyone here, but whatever, everybody's entitled to an opinon.

Adjustments though? Andre Ward had a broken hand fella, do you not think that might adjust his own game in the positive direction a few notches, if a rematch was to happen?

I had Dirrell winning by a couple but to claim everybody was saying Froch wouldn't be able to cope with the young American's movement beforehand is bonkers, wasn't Dirrell 100-30ish for the fight? He destroyed Bute impressively, but the Romanian had a terribly padded record and unknown real pedigree. For me he impressed majorly in the Groves rematch for however long it took to throw the faint and then the knockout punch. Before it he was the same old Carl, plodding, ugly combinations in straight lines, getting caught with power shot counters. In the first fight his most impressive tool, like for most of his career, was his ability to stay standing after getting caught with a shed load of shots.

The attributes above just don't beat Ward and I don't see him having the ability or smarts adjust enough to make it remotely close. What do you think he could do differently to make it closer, against an Andre Ward with two healthy hands? If Ward gets a ref who breaks them up, he'll dance around Froch from the outside all night.

Wouldn't expect him to say he'll never beat Ward, rather Carl just say he'd like to avenge the defeat, remark on how much of a big fight the rematch could be. Saying 'he beats him on his best night' is the sort of comment that turns off fight fans from warming to him.
Report Rhino-2k8 June 5, 2014 4:03 PM BST
If Froch genuinely thought he could beat Ward he'd be going all out to avenge that defeat, The truth is he and Eddie both know he couldn't do it so they won't entertain the fight, Ward is the king of the Super Middleweight division no matter what Carl & Eddie will try to make people believe.
Report alabaster crashes down June 5, 2014 5:50 PM BST
to be fair duke I don't think there's much Froch could say that would ever have some fans warming to him...there are plenty like yourself who just plain don't like the bloke and and can't wait to chip away at his record. As you say that's fair enough, everyone is allowed an opinion but as long as people keep **** on him I'll keep popping  up to argue the case Grin...for me he is a once in a generation British fighter and it'll be a massive loss when he hangs em up.

You say he doesn't have the ability or smarts to adjust, I disagree. He may look ungainly at times but you don't continually beat world class fighters or have a quality amateur career without having some boxing ability. I'm probably wasting my breath here cos you seem to be insinuating that Groves 2 was just the story of one good punch...despite the fact he was manoeuvring Groves and setting up that right hand all night.

Hopefully Ward would be as stupid as Groves and expect a world class athlete like Froch to go in to the rematch doing exactly the same things that caused himself trouble in the first fight...somehow though I expect Ward  would be smart enough to realise that Mcracken and Froch would realise they need to improve and make some tactical adjustments.

The obvious place to start would be on the inside where Froch was least effective and took most damage in the first fight. When Ward got up close Froch would panic and either flail away ineffectively allowing ward to fire in the uppercut or froch would wrestle himself free and take a clean hook on the way out. He'd need to have a clear tactic of either tying up completely and waiting for the ref to split them or covering up properly and picking single hard shots to the body inbetween Wards punches.

Froch's lazy jab let him down too in the 1st fight, Ward was able to see him lunging in with it every time and get his own off first. Ward is always going to be quicker so he needs to be more economical with the jab and throw it a little shorter...single jabs to avoid giving Ward counters or he'll lose control of the distance again. I was impressed with how he controlled the distance against Groves this time round so we know he can make adjustments...granted it's very likely Ward will be making adjustments himself whereas Groves just seemed surprised.

I'm not for once second saying it would be an easy nights work but I really don't think there's any harm in Froch saying he beats Ward on his best night...you damn well know that Froch believes that.

Anyway, a nice modest Froch interview here in case anybody missed it Wink

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/latest/feature/exclusive-carl-froch-intervie...
Report Jimmy Diamond June 5, 2014 7:34 PM BST
Dont think the Ward rematch happens to be honest, i think the Chavez Jr fight in Vegas is where the money is and its one that the fans would most like to see. De Gale gets to fight for the vacated IBF and Eddie Hearn is doubly happy.........

I'm with Alabaster here. Don't get me wrong, Ward is a great boxer and a defensive master but it annoys the hell out of me that Froch doesn't get nowhere near the credit he deserves. Im sure he could come up with a different plan and make more of a fight of any Ward rematch. Could Carl land a big shot to test Wards whiskers? Why not? Ward hasnt had his chin seriously tested and i don't think he'd want any part of Froch as his next opponent to be honest.

Froch is a credit to British boxing. He hasn't got the silky skills of some but his boxing ability is still underrated...........maybe because his other attributes (chin, stamina, strength and will) are so incredibly good.
Report teedoubleu June 5, 2014 10:10 PM BST
The problem with Froch is he should be a national treasure considering his fantastic achievements in the sport but he is not, while most English people want him to win against foreign opposition i would say half those people don't like him because he is a tool.The term self praise is no praise was made for him.
Report Topboys June 6, 2014 10:11 AM BST
I think a lot of hate towards Froch has mainly come from the first match with Groves. I'd say a good majority of these people haven't seen Froch's past and just got sucked in by the fight hype of this one fight and didn't like how he conducted himself post fight. Froch will get the acculades he deserves now but these should have been thrown at him a long time ago in my opinion.
Report Over2.5 June 6, 2014 12:07 PM BST
^^^ correct
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com