Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
truehoncho
22 Oct 21 13:48
| Topic/replies: 3,938 | Blogger: truehoncho's blog
Official 107 as a 2yo and 117 as a 3yo. Never won at 3 but placed in G1. I saw him at Nmk for the Middle Park and he was in my eyes a really strong nice looking colt. Is he good enough?
Pause Switch to Standard View Lope Y Fernandez
Show More
Report Wilycayote October 22, 2021 1:57 PM BST
Interesting to hear Truehonch that you remember him as a nice type. I see was placed in 5 group 1’s which is more than I’d have guessed.
Just watched back his Breeders Cup mile run, bit unlucky not to have gone very close.

Do we think any other announcements are imminent?
Report truehoncho October 22, 2021 7:01 PM BST
well another LDV, Lucky Vega shuttling to the INS.
Report truehoncho October 22, 2021 7:02 PM BST
sorry, standing not shuttling.
Report Wilycayote October 23, 2021 7:42 AM BST
Sons of Lope D Vega both sides of the ditch is handy

With Palace Pier going to Dalham….will Space Blues go to Ireland?
Report potentialmillionaire October 23, 2021 9:41 AM BST
Lope y certainly hit from the left field and for an interesting ownership group.

I am struggling with him on race record and pedigree but I am expecting to love him physically so it will depend on what else is out there I guess.

Space Blues goes to Kildangan Wily as you surmise.
Report truehoncho October 25, 2021 7:24 PM BST
What about Chindit. Has he any potential? I can't see him improving much and may well be better off taking his chances at stud. WB going well and probably a decent number of mares await if he jumps now.
Report Wilycayote October 25, 2021 10:05 PM BST
I saw Chindit at Ascot. He’s from the family of Motivator and he’s got the same light frame. He’d not be for me

The physical type seems to be more and more important each year commercially
Report truehoncho October 28, 2021 10:26 AM BST
Thanks Wily. I think you may well be right and especially at the lower end where pedigrees and performance tends to be a little lighter.
What about Order of Australia? Is he good enough for Coolmore? Didn't win at 2 but a unexpected breeders cup winner at 3 rated 120. G2 7f at 4 is probably more reflective of his true ability. Another one for the National Stud!
Report truehoncho October 29, 2021 10:32 AM BST
Mohaather got 146 mares this year. A good number of mares but I thought Shadwell limited books? Down to £15k for 2nd season, should do well.
Report sageform October 29, 2021 11:50 AM BST
Chindit has been very disappointing after a very good start at 2yo. The Greenham has proved to be a weak race since and not even a Group 2 on softer ground brought about improvement last time out.
Report Wilycayote October 29, 2021 1:34 PM BST
Hi Truehonch.

Do you get those covering figures from a paid online Weatherbys account? How much does it cost?

Shadwell stallions with really suffer from no longer having the hope that Sheik Hamdan might buy your foal/yearling.
Report truehoncho October 29, 2021 5:15 PM BST
I'm far too tight to pay for data Wily!! I picked it up in the Thoroughbred Daily News. Its free online everyday just in case you weren't aware. I find it pretty good for that sort of stuff. I get the free Wetherby's stallion book at the end of the year (although for some reason I did't get it last year) which produces tables for mares covered in the back.

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/pdf/tdn/tdn211029e.pdf   Its here Wily page 6

Yes Shadwell will be interesting. However, the strength of the sales at the moment may just make up for their possible shortfall.
Report Wilycayote November 4, 2021 4:28 PM GMT
I see Benbatl is another stallion that wont be retiring to UK this year. Personally I quite liked him but I imagine the money from Japan was a big pull.

Contact of mine went to see Lopey Fernandez recently and says he is indeed as nice they say.
Report truehoncho November 5, 2021 9:21 AM GMT
I saw Benbatl in the Craven and when he won the Joel. He wasn't a patch on War Decree in the paddock at he Craven but he was probably the paddock pick in the Joel. That doesn't mean he was a bad looking 2 yo as WD was one of the best looking 2 yo I have ever seen.
Affinisea covered 324 mares last year. If I didn't read the RP this morning I still would never have heard of him.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com