Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Posh Paddy
15 Nov 20 12:18
| Topic/replies: 386 | Blogger: Posh Paddy's blog
Courtesy of The Irish Field

Initial eyebrow raisers  - Churchill - 250 & Kodiac & Dandy Man seeing their books fall by 23% from 2019 to 2020

Pause Switch to Standard View Covering Stats 2020
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire November 15, 2020 3:55 PM GMT
Lovely to hear from you Posh.

I hope the rat race isn’t treating you too badly right now and the filthy lucre is making it worth your while.

I think Kodiac and Dandy Man’s figures are more about their inability to deal with books any bigger rather than a decline in popularity.
Report Posh Paddy November 15, 2020 6:01 PM GMT
I hope you are well PM, I must confess I was a little worried about you due to a lack of recent sales activity under your usual moniker.  I do hope things are ok, the game in challenging enough without Covid.

The rat race is sadly not as lucrative as it was (not Covid related) and actually the working from home and saving on commuting has plugged most of that hole for the time being.  My woes I fear are small fry though to the good people of the B&B forum and I'm thinking of you all at this difficult time.

I eventually came clean to Mrs Posh about the leg WE own in the NH prospect, only took me 6 months to fess up Blush and she is still not best pleased even now, 9 months after telling her.

I don't have my ear to the ground as much as I used to although I have in-laws that work the sales and get bits and bobs of insider info of which colts have covered which mares although it tends to be the staff rather than the equines I hear of in this regard to be honest Love
Report potentialmillionaire November 15, 2020 9:45 PM GMT
Struggled to produce anything worth taking Posh. No colts since 2017!

Has your leg run yet?
Report Posh Paddy November 16, 2020 12:10 PM GMT
That is bad luck PM, you are well overdue a change of luck in that regard.  Fingers crossed for 2021.

The leg has not hit the track yet, those running the show are still making noises that she will be out for a run prior to year end but I can't see it. 
She needs more time to fill out her frame and strengthen up, the ground has gone too.  As ever, patience is the name of the game.
Report potentialmillionaire November 16, 2020 1:10 PM GMT
I was a bit ambiguous Posh. I’ve had colts this year.

Yes however much we would like to speed things up it’s only the right move at the right time that will get the right result.

Good luck with the flying machine!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com