Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Big Black Cat
29 Oct 20 12:04
| Topic/replies: 961 | Blogger: Big Black Cat's blog
Looks like the tone is being set here with these two.

https://www.racingpost.com/bloodstock/bloodstock-latest/rathasker-trims-majority-of-prices-for-2021-stallion-roster/456758

https://www.racingpost.com/bloodstock/bloodstock-latest/yeomanstown-stud-release-reduced-fees-for-2021/456728
Pause Switch to Standard View Stallion Fees 2021
Show More
Report truehoncho October 29, 2020 11:35 AM GMT
Other than Dark Angel, the rest were just overpriced anyway. I doubt many decent stallions will be reduced
Report potentialmillionaire November 14, 2020 7:18 PM GMT
In these COVID times when a stallion has had a very good year on the track and in the ring that horse has earned the right to maintain his fee at 2020 levels.
Any horse that has performed satisfactorily is due a fee cut.
Any horse that is ‘wrong year’ or sticky for performance/commercial reasons is due a proper drop.

I’ll throw in Advertise, Waldgeist, Dariyan, as three for your starter.

It makes me incandescent with ire.
Report truehoncho November 15, 2020 10:52 AM GMT
For some reason PotM, the NS have held their prices and not given much of a discount. As I said earlier I felt many horses were overpriced in the first place but if they are getting mares I suppose it justified it. I think there is value about but as always you need the mare (and probably more so at the moment) to take advantage of it. I think for the value end of the 3/4th season lot, they need to be 1/2 the price of the first season for the both years. I think that would reflect the gamble breeders are taking in years 3/4.
Report potentialmillionaire November 15, 2020 3:56 PM GMT
Harry Angel and Expert Eye seem to have read your memo Truehonch. I can only think that there will be a LOT of movement on the others when the phone gets answered.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com