Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
truehoncho
13 Oct 20 13:32
| Topic/replies: 3,973 | Blogger: truehoncho's blog
How do we think this horse did with his first 2yo's. He got a few winners in GB and in Italy but as we couldn't go racing this year I didn't see them to get any real handle on him. He was £10k in his first season and I doubt if he would have had too much quality to cover. and according to the stallion book he got 59 foals on the ground (27c and 32f). According to the RP site he got 13 winners from 52 runners. A couple in the 90's and a few in the 80's. Not earth shattering but I am unpressed with the 52 runners from 59 foals if that is correct. Has he any future  potential commercially?
Show More
Report Big Black Cat October 13, 2020 4:23 PM BST
Second in terms of winners compared to Mehmas, but only 11th in the FSS list based on prize money.  Only one SW and one Stakes placed horse.

MPR have one, Party game, OR 80, Won 1 placed twice in 3 runs.  They quite like him to be honest.

I'll pass on their physical attributes or not though.
Report truehoncho October 13, 2020 6:24 PM BST
What is that FSS list for BBC? I have him 6th on the GB list for prize money.
Report truehoncho March 30, 2021 10:27 AM BST
He got a few winners in the preseason in Britain. Had 120ish foals on the ground in his first season of which about half made the track (16 winners in Britain) . Only half the number of mares in his second season so may be quiet with 2yo's but plenty of 3yo's to run for him. Has he any chance?
Report Wilycayote March 30, 2021 5:12 PM BST
His stock are very backward. Slow maturing.

he'll probably get plenty of winners, but sprinting stallions that don't produce 2yo's tend to go out of fashion pretty quickly.
Report truehoncho March 31, 2021 10:09 AM BST
Thanks Wily. I was hoping to have a good look at them last season but as we couldn't go racing it's tough to get a handle on them.
Report truehoncho April 23, 2021 9:56 AM BST
He has had a few handicap winners this year (a possibly 1/2 decent 2yo). A top lot at the breeze ups as well.
Report sageform May 5, 2021 11:01 AM BST
More than 20 GB wins in 2021 is very good for a second season sire.
Report truehoncho May 13, 2021 9:14 AM BST
Only Dubawi has more 3yo winners (and only 1) than TS. No stars but plenty running for him, 50 so far this year. (In Britain).
Report sageform July 12, 2021 9:35 AM BST
Twilight Son has 35 GB wins in 2021 putting him in the top 20 sires based on wins, a very decent total for a second season sire with almost half of the year to go. At £5000 he is affordable to most and looks a worthy successor to Kyllachy.
Report roadrunner46 July 13, 2021 9:00 AM BST
ive been impressed the last couple of months with the prices of the winners, everyday when i check the results if there's been a winner for twilight son, nearly always between 7 and 10/1, unbelievable, might have something to do with last years results
Report truehoncho July 13, 2021 6:23 PM BST
Mayson is having a great year for CP as well. Let's hope it continues for them. Just a good one needed for TS now.
Report truehoncho September 8, 2021 10:56 AM BST
Another sales topper. The market seems to quite like him.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com