Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Wilycayote
23 Sep 20 16:56
| Topic/replies: 467 | Blogger: Wilycayote's blog
new stallion announcement season is upon us but there hasn't been many. So far...

Sands of Mali - Ballyhane
Sergei Prokofiev - Whitsbury
King of Change - retired, but no hotel confirmed
Mohaather - Shadwell

what else is a possible. Pinatubo, Kameko (more likely race on?), Wichita?
Pause Switch to Standard View New stallions for 2021, announcements
Show More
Report truehoncho September 24, 2020 10:08 AM BST
It's tough to see the smaller studs investing too heavily. I think the lower end nest year will be a challenge unless prices can be reduced.
Report Wilycayote October 9, 2020 8:44 PM BST
Pinatubo to Dalham. Should  be popular
Report Big Black Cat October 10, 2020 11:32 AM BST
I'm sure Darley will promote him as a replacement for his own sire? Thinking about a fee.  £50k to start with?
Report proxygene October 28, 2020 9:34 AM GMT
Who is going to be the first to dare stick their neck out and publish stallion fees, theres usually several by now?
Report potentialmillionaire October 28, 2020 10:07 AM GMT
For the last few years Whitsbury have been first out of the blocks.

I think it’s almost impossible for a smaller operation to go early with the news in current times.

Once one of the large operations has published I expect everyone will digest that and quickly go for it.
Report Wilycayote November 11, 2020 5:24 PM GMT
King of Change to Derrinstown. No press release, no quotes, no "we are really excited to get this stallion, ........" Its almost as if Derrinstown cant be arsed with their stallions.

I think they only stand them when they are told to stand them, they dont actually go out and pitch for new horses. Too much work.
Report truehoncho November 11, 2020 6:00 PM GMT
FWIW I saw him at in the Guineas and I thought he was a good looking horse. Are sons of Farhh exciting? Maybe they could't think of a snappy headline!
Report truehoncho November 13, 2020 9:39 AM GMT
With most fees out I think the 20-30k market is really hot. You have some choice if you have a mare in that bracket thats for sure. I used to think this bracket was very dodgy but I think it is where most of the action will be for next season. I'm going to pick Sottsass in this range with Earthlight as the busiest two.
Report Wilycayote December 3, 2020 9:07 PM GMT
GOt round to see all the first season sires on show. Pinatubo was the pick on looks for me, followed by Sergi Prokoviev.

Very strong trade for mares. day 4 average up 35%!
Report Too Easy December 4, 2020 8:40 AM GMT
Average this year at Mares Sale was 58k.  Last year it was 86k.
Report Wilycayote January 29, 2021 12:01 PM GMT
Ive seen too many adverts for Mohaather.

Bored of him now.
Report truehoncho January 29, 2021 2:48 PM GMT
I was never that excited at 20k. Didn't run much but consistent when he did. His sire is already on the way down and the 20k bracket has plenty to choose from. Maybe that why they are advertising him so much. He will get a decent book 1st season but struggle to see him get much further.
Report potentialmillionaire January 29, 2021 5:14 PM GMT
I’m going.
Report truehoncho January 30, 2021 10:37 AM GMT
did they deal much?
Report potentialmillionaire January 30, 2021 1:51 PM GMT
Pleading the 5th on that one truehonch!

I am never sure that discussing terms on a public forum is the way ahead.
Report roadrunner46 January 30, 2021 10:53 PM GMT
take  the 5th amendment
Report truehoncho January 31, 2021 9:10 AM GMT
Sorry PotM, I agree. I was only really trying to get your impression of whether or not he was in high demand. I liked him as a 2 and 3yo but when he won his G1 I knew he would be out of my reach (I seem to spend a lot of time hoping horses don't win G1's!!). I was hoping he may start off at under 15k and in years 3 and 4 he may have been an option for me.
Report potentialmillionaire January 31, 2021 10:24 AM GMT
It’s always so hard to tell which way they are going to go isn’t it.

I am guessing that Cracksman and Harry Angel are going to be available relatively cheaply this time around because of lukewarm receptions but did we expect Havana Grey and Rajasinghe to be two that kept or increased their momentum this time around?

I have used 1st season horses before that haven’t really caught the imagination of others but with another year for people to become familiar with them they have become more popular during the ‘difficult years’. Perhaps Time Test and U.S. Navy Flag are current examples.

So chuck the balls in the air and see where Mohaather drops is my best guess!
Report truehoncho January 31, 2021 4:05 PM GMT
Rajasinghe is a really good stamp of a horse and I always thought when I looked at him that if he threw stock that looked like himself he would do well. Of course it was at a price and he was very cheap but when you compared him to HG (and I did because they were stood next to each other at Tatta a couple of years ago) he looked a better bet. I am actually hoping he has a price increase next year (not too much) and I will try and get in his book.
Report roadrunner46 January 31, 2021 10:04 PM GMT
interesting positive posting Wink
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com