Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
17 Mar 20 18:53
| Topic/replies: 31,464 | Blogger: workrider's blog
With breeze up sales about to start surely a worrying time for all involved. Racing been put back etc, doesn't do the breeding industry any favours .
Pause Switch to Standard View Dark Days Ahead It Seems.
Show More
Report workrider March 22, 2020 12:37 AM GMT
Loads of people having a look at thread yet no comments ?
Report truehoncho March 22, 2020 9:49 AM GMT
There isn't much to say Workrider. The Breeze Ups are postponed and when eventually they take place all but the best will be heavily discounted. Who is going to want to buy a sharp 2yo in July (if we are lucky).
Report Black Sam Bellamy March 23, 2020 11:25 AM GMT
Lets hope we dont get to a position where mares arent permitted to be transported to studs for covering. I think there would be a major issue then with foal population.
Report Big Black Cat April 13, 2020 6:32 PM BST
As I understand it, mares are still getting covered (basically walk ins) with full social distancing measures in place.  I'm told that the horsebox driver doesn't even get out of the box.

As for sales, Breeze ups are being rescheduled. Consignors are advertising their stock online, by video etc.

Our Aussie friends even held a sale with online bidding, which I'm sure is under consideration here, and prices largely held up.

The whole racing/bloodstock industry will have to find solutions that enable business to continue.  There is too much money involved for them not to.  The government does not want the industry to fail-it will cost them too much money.

As an aside, I was told yesterday, via one of my syndicates, that a well known flat trainer was adamant that racing will resume again on May 1st-this was in a conversation with the syndicate manager on Sunday.
Report workrider July 6, 2020 9:18 PM BST
Looking at the sales results last week , maybe a few green shoots...?
Report jim smith July 11, 2020 6:55 PM BST
significantly down but not a catastrophe. bit like with stock markets, there are still people with cash about looking to buy cheap. my sense is that most trainers have been pleasantly surprised by the number of owners hanging in there and paying their bills.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com