Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
gunslinger7
21 Nov 19 22:01
| Topic/replies: 34 | Blogger: gunslinger7's blog
Feedback on the above for Irish based stallions. A young giants causeway mare. She raced once and won once. Good American black-type pedigree/page. Opinions please. Give her the best possible chance in her brood mare career
Pause Switch to Standard View What stallion to a Giants Causeway...
Show More
Report sageform November 22, 2019 7:08 PM GMT
A very genuine one.
Report Ile Postino November 22, 2019 8:07 PM GMT
Giant's Causeway mares seem to have done well with Danehill Dancer - 3 runners for 3 winners including G1 winner Planteur and G3 winner Medea.

Depending on your budget maybe Mastercraftsman or Fast Company....both seem decent proven options to get a young mare going.

Would depend though on whether you plan to sell or keep to race. Both would carry risk in the sales ring, although FC has his big Kildangan crops coming through so his star could rise.
Report proxygene November 22, 2019 9:30 PM GMT
I would go 'proven' and with some precocity to try and get an early start.
Starspangledbanner
Ravens Pass
Acclamation
Requinto
Dandy Man
Report gunslinger7 November 22, 2019 10:25 PM GMT
Thanks for the input thus far. I’m not sure on Mastercraftsman I’d like more precocity than he generally produces. Fast Conpany is a good shout but risks attached before they hit the track naturally. I would like to go with a proven sire and her pedigree deserves a good cover. Starspangledbanner has had a great second start but it’s hard to know what to go with. Good choices in both reply’s however. More input welcome
Report proxygene November 23, 2019 1:18 AM GMT
Who is the BM sire or does that give too much away?
Report Formtwist November 23, 2019 7:55 AM GMT
Bungleinthejungle or Dandy Man.
Report yer ma November 23, 2019 11:58 AM GMT
Id be thinking sons of Galileo (assuming dam not) - faster the better within your budget.  Teo / New App.  The Gurkha seems to be unpop before any runners so he might be a bargain in a year or two and is a good match with Danehill Dancer dam.
Report gunslinger7 November 23, 2019 8:33 PM GMT
I’d be giving too much away proxy!! I’d like to go Danehill or Dubawi line. The Dubawi line especially has done well. Night of thunder has done very well but I believe is on a restricted book this year after his start. Damsire not Galileo either. I was also thinking Oasis Dream, Green desert line works well with storm cat line. However he’s gone out of fashion a bit but I think he’s serious value at 25k.
Report proxygene November 24, 2019 12:07 PM GMT
Would include Oasis Dream (deffo), Bated Breath and Mayson as maybes if a GB trip is under consideration. [these and the above suggestions haven't included processing of 2019 results yet which could take months]
Report Formtwist November 24, 2019 2:57 PM GMT
If you are thinking GB not just Ireland as you originally specified, Time Test would offer you both Dubawi and Danehill through damsire Dansili. Obviously a third-season risk but not an expensive one.
Report gunslinger7 November 24, 2019 5:01 PM GMT
Thanks Proxy and formtwist. Was initially thinking Ireland but may just have to go further afield. I really think Oasis Dream is value. Fair point regarding Time test but is too risky 3rd season and with her age/pedigree she deserves better at this moment in time. On a side note - Who do we think will hit the ground running next year as first season sire??
Report proxygene November 24, 2019 5:32 PM GMT
Think the only accessible, alive and 'proven' source of Dubawi would be Make Believe who has made an adequate start. Then you have to take a view on precocity vs improvement 2 to 3.
Report Formtwist November 24, 2019 7:10 PM GMT
Nice call Proxy. Gungslinger7 you do need to factor in the prejudice over first foals, and maybe a hint of the once raced, once won, unsoundness questions in the minds of purchasers. Flying too high first mating might not be the sensible move.
Report gunslinger7 November 24, 2019 8:43 PM GMT
All good calls gents. Info and input much appreciated. Any thoughts on first season sires next year?
Report kincsem November 28, 2019 6:37 PM GMT
PM me the mare name and year of birth and I will PM you the answer.
I will give a number of suggestions, in descending order.
I did this for about 2,000 mares v 600 stallions last week.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com