Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sageform
10 Oct 19 08:44
| Topic/replies: 21,659 | Blogger: sageform's blog
Some high headline prices as usual but they can't disguise a 20+% fall in aggregate, median and average prices.
Pause Switch to Standard View Newmarket book 1
Show More
Report yer ma October 10, 2019 10:37 AM BST
I'd love some of the 'elite' agents and buyers to try to point out exactly why x horse (viewed/judged to be book 1 quality already, vetted & scoped) is worth 50k and the next Kingman out of anything is 250k.    It would be cringworthy.   Glad I'm not sitting on 30-50k covers by good stallions who are not even getting a lookin.
Report sageform October 10, 2019 12:49 PM BST
Its a bit like a car boot sale really isn't it?
Report truehoncho October 10, 2019 1:06 PM BST
They may all be in Bk1 but they look very different. I don't think the Kingmans look great and he is a little overated at the moment.
Report zygote October 10, 2019 3:35 PM BST
£3.6m for Barney Roy's half-brother? Someone's going to get their fingers burnt.
Report Big Black Cat October 10, 2019 6:25 PM BST
Interesting Dubawi x Miss Marjurie sold for 1.1 Million to Godolphin.

Miss Marjurie is a daughter of Kazatzka who is a half sister to Soviet Song put of Elites star broodmare Kalinka.

One wonders how much Elits Frankel x Marlinka (dam of Marsha, Judicial) would be worth....
Report truehoncho October 10, 2019 7:33 PM BST
£3.6m for Barney Roy's half-brother? Someone's going to get their fingers burnt. - Not at all, it will take a lot more than that to burn Sheikh Mo's fingers. And the colt did look sharp, could well be at Royal Ascot.
Report Big Black Cat October 10, 2019 10:59 PM BST
Dubawi x Ribbons (ex Sister Act, full sister to Soviet Song) went for 750k guineas too. Im told she has an outstanding colt foal by Frankel.
Report sageform October 11, 2019 11:02 AM BST
Elite must have a big budget for stallion nominations. No problem now they have sold well. I was surprised to see so few Nathaniels in Book 1. Are they all being retained as home breds?
Report truehoncho October 11, 2019 12:53 PM BST
No Sageform, they look like NH stock.
Report Big Black Cat October 11, 2019 11:51 PM BST
Tragically sageform both of the mares above were sold by Elite. So merely a boost for the family.

Its is strongly rumored that Marshas half sister is going to be sold in fosl to Mastecraftsman later this year however.
Report RoyalAcademy October 18, 2019 11:23 AM BST
"Tragically"...

It is the ommadawns (phonetic version of a gaelic word meaning "stupid idiots") who are paying to keep Mr-£6m-Marsha in clover who are "tragic".
Report Formtwist October 18, 2019 3:02 PM BST
RoyalAcademy, why the gratuitous insult? Many hundreds of people have tasted ownership through affordable clubs like Elite and so thoroughly enjoyed the experience that they have progressed to syndicate / partnership /sole owners of racehorses. I know of at least a dozen who have done so and BBC has enthusiastically progressed that way already - that benefits all of us in the industry and is to be encouraged, not disparaged.
Report Big Black Cat October 20, 2019 11:10 PM BST
You're a very bitter person RA.  Kindly desist and wind your neck in. We all know what we are signing up to. No-one holds a gun to our heads.  If you don't like it, then tough. I prefer the ownership model I'm now a part of, thanks to the years of club membership I have enjoyed.  soory if I don't fit into your 'membership ideal'.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com